What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
**Hey guys. Just came back to Kongregate in the last few days. It’s incredible to see that 132,000 people have viewed this thread. I just wanted to thank everyone for the support! I am gonna be more active now, so any questions posted will be answered by myself as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this and enjoy the guide. Please note: this guide is OVER 4 years old. I’m terribly sorry if anything is outdated. If this is the case, please let me know an i will try to fix it ASAP.**
So pretty much this is a guide that new people, and even experienced players should read, as it covers almost everything you shouldn’t do, along with what you should do. First off, ill start with what you shouldn’t really do.
**Things you should NOT do:**
(1) Rush. Many new players try to join trains immediately and try to level up fast. Boosting at low levels is a bad idea, as the train usually runs into Medusa’s or other gods that do tons of damage.
(2) Go far away from beach at low levels. This will most certainly get you killed, because harder monsters live inland.
(3) Beg. This just ruins your reputation, as people do no do want to be friends with beggars.
(4) Think to highly of yourself. I don’t care what level you are, everyone does this, they think " Oh look a Medusa! Ill go kick it’s ass!" Then they end up getting their ass kicked.
(5) Underestimate opponents. Never underestimate any enemy, it will kick you in the ass later, if you know what i mean.
(6) Randomly trade with strangers. Especially strangers with fancy equipment. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a realm or Nexus, just don’t do it. It’s very annoying and will likely get you permanently ignored. I’ve ignored countless people lately, and i’m not alone.
(7) Chat with tons of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@’s and other shit. That’s annoying, and another good way to get ignored.
(8) Solo Dungeons at low levels. This has something to do with being cocky, but whatever. Solo’ing dungeons at low levels is a great way to die. Just don’t do it.
(9) Teleporting into a group of people in the Godlands. This can get you INSTANTLY killed. Before you can even teleport to the nexus, you will die sometimes.
(10) Having one good character, and nothing good in the vault. You ALWAYS need a backup plan in this game. You NEVER know when you might die. You should take your good character and get good armor/weapons/whatever and put it in your vault. If your good character dies, while you have nothing good in your vault, what are you gonna do? Seriously. This is **IMPORTANT**
(11) Taking all the equipment from your vault right from the start. This is a VERY bad idea, having the best equipment without ANY levels can really get you screwed over.
(12) Get scammed. Watch the value of items and get opinion from others before you do a trade. Unless you are a advanced player and already know, Then asking others could save you from getting scammed.
**Things you SHOULD do:**
(1) Enter dungeons that you can handle. This often pays off with good loot if you can solo the dungeon.
(2) Use your vault. It will save your ass many times.
(3) Stick in groups. Trust me, just stick with a friend and you will last a lot longer.
(4) Trade in nexus. Some of the best deals are in nexus, and often times people are to busy in-game to trade/sell/buy.
(5) Horde good items. You never know when they will come in handy.
(6) Travel with a priest, they help a lot as they can heal you.
(7) Use your surroundings. Such as trees, rocks, block, (Other people? lol) Make great shields. They’ll make you life 5x longer if used correctly.
(8) Get rings. Rings may seem useless but, provide great stat boosts in some rings.
(9) I REALLY Don’t want to say this, but paying for items isn’t a bad idea at all. With only 10$ you can buy 3 characters decent items, i mean its well worth it if you have the money. Which i know a lot of people don’t.
(10) Strafe. This is kinda common sense. When you’re fighting a boss or such, STRAFE you will dodge about 50% of the bullets flying at you, and you WILL live longer. This, of all things will save you countless times.
(11) Use Hotkeys. You can set the hotkeys to whatever you want. A good idea is to have 3 main hotkeys, 1 for the Nexus, another for Health Potions, And Another for Mana potions. A good setup would be, Nexus: F, Health Potions E, And Mana Potions set for C.
(12) Join Servers with a smaller amount of people in them. This can let you get boss loot a lot more efficiently, and it can also help stop you from TP’ing into random trains in the godlands.
(13) Lagging? Lower Your quality settings. I know some people have problems with the game putting them back at the main menu for no apparent reason, and they also may lag quite a bit when fighting a boss or something wit lots of people around them. Also, if you are not using Google Chome, i suggest it, As IE is quite slow compared to chrome.
Enjoy! If you liked reading this, or want me to add something, please comment!
Cool thx for answer. One last question. When u are in a dungeon you can hook to someone and teleport. Is there anyway of communicating/finding a friend when they are in a dungeon and you are in nexus for example?
I agree with all of this. I will note that, occasionally, someone will drop useful or high-level items. Is it a good idea to grab the item, even if you can’t use it yet (Like those class – specific items)? If it is considered ok to grab dropped loot, then the nexus is good spot to do this, potentially giving you great equipment at low levels.
Also, when teleporting, it is usually a better idea to check what level the guy you are teleporting to is. If he is, say, five levels above you, then he is probably in a harder area that you can’t handle yet. A better method, if the surroundings are peaceful enough, is to go to your mini-map and enlarge it. You can see where you quest target is, and where other players are on the map. This should give you a rough idea of what monster levels you should expect.
If you are restarting at level one, but don’t have any decent items (or ring) to go with your class, then revisiting the tutorial may not be a bad idea. (You should be level two when you leave, get a free, low-quality ring, and some minor pots). After that, try to go to the pirate cave (the enemies there drop some good items for such levels, and should help you get back to the higher levels – and it is relatively easy to solo this dungeon at level one, although caution is advised.)
If you have a high-level character, you may want to plan on what your next character should be. Then, grab items that your next character can use. A single chest in the vault had just enough room to prepare for two characters to play as (including the ring slot).
When hunting high level enemies, I like to try to find an open-ish area (Proper room to side-step enemy fire, but also some obstacles to hide behind to recover/use pots) and bring the high level enemy their. Dodging an enemy is much easier than taking the horde. (Note-this is not always possible, some enemies don’t like to travel far or don’t move at all)
> *Originally posted by **[sabertooth15](/forums/103/topics/219615?page=1#posts-4738380):***
> I agree to all of this except “Don’t underestimate enemies.” Are you saying that if I’m level 20, I can’t carelessly run around in a pirate cave? Im talking about Medusa and such.
yes youk,joining trains is good,you just have to know how to stay in them,get behind everyone,u cant be too far so u dont get exp but u need to be far enough for the attacks not to reach u,dungeons are very good for exp and drops,but if ur new i would advise to not go in abyss and have a lot of caution in undead lair,cause even with this method u may very likely die.
Sorry for my bad english :P
> *Originally posted by **[monkuin](/forums/103/topics/219615?page=1#posts-4747565):***
> Hey, I have finally gotten a high enough rank to buy dungeon keys. so if you know the right order of how hard each one is and tell me, it will help a
If you or anyone has questions the wiki is a great place to look
as of off my head
after snake pit they get to the point you probably shouldn’t solo no mater what level
“(6) Randomly trade with strangers. Especially strangers with fancy equipment. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a realm or Nexus, just don’t do it. It’s very annoying and will likely get you permanently ignored. I’ve ignored countless people lately, and i’m not alone.”
i don’t understand why this is a not to do. practically anyone on the game is a stranger anyways, and y shouldn’t you trade. are you talking about asking people if they want to trade , or just randomly clicking trade on people? if its the second reason it should be much more clear because most people “ask” to trade alot and i don’t see how it is annoying and it goes against rule number 4 for the things you should do.
> *Originally posted by **[hooverboy](/forums/103/topics/219615?page=1#posts-4748261):***
> “(6) Randomly trade with strangers. Especially strangers with fancy equipment. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a realm or Nexus, just don’t do it. It’s very annoying and will likely get you permanently ignored. I’ve ignored countless people lately, and i’m not alone.”
> i don’t understand why this is a not to do. practically anyone on the game is a stranger anyways, and y shouldn’t you trade. are you talking about asking people if they want to trade , or just randomly clicking trade on people? if its the second reason it should be much more clear because most people “ask” to trade alot and i don’t see how it is annoying and it goes against rule number 4 for the things you should do.