Hey guys. Just came back to Kongregate in the last few days. It’s incredible to see that 132,000 people have viewed this thread. I just wanted to thank everyone for the support! I am gonna be more active now, so any questions posted will be answered by myself as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this and enjoy the guide. Please note: this guide is OVER 4 years old. I’m terribly sorry if anything is outdated. If this is the case, please let me know an i will try to fix it ASAP.
So pretty much this is a guide that new people, and even experienced players should read, as it covers almost everything you shouldn’t do, along with what you should do. First off, ill start with what you shouldn’t really do.
Things you should NOT do:
(1) Rush. Many new players try to join trains immediately and try to level up fast. Boosting at low levels is a bad idea, as the train usually runs into Medusa’s or other gods that do tons of damage.
(2) Go far away from beach at low levels. This will most certainly get you killed, because harder monsters live inland.
(3) Beg. This just ruins your reputation, as people do no do want to be friends with beggars.
(4) Think to highly of yourself. I don’t care what level you are, everyone does this, they think " Oh look a Medusa! Ill go kick it’s ass!" Then they end up getting their ass kicked.
(5) Underestimate opponents. Never underestimate any enemy, it will kick you in the ass later, if you know what i mean.
(6) Randomly trade with strangers. Especially strangers with fancy equipment. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a realm or Nexus, just don’t do it. It’s very annoying and will likely get you permanently ignored. I’ve ignored countless people lately, and i’m not alone.
(7) Chat with tons of @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@’s and other shit. That’s annoying, and another good way to get ignored.
(8) Solo Dungeons at low levels. This has something to do with being cocky, but whatever. Solo’ing dungeons at low levels is a great way to die. Just don’t do it.
(9) Teleporting into a group of people in the Godlands. This can get you INSTANTLY killed. Before you can even teleport to the nexus, you will die sometimes.
(10) Having one good character, and nothing good in the vault. You ALWAYS need a backup plan in this game. You NEVER know when you might die. You should take your good character and get good armor/weapons/whatever and put it in your vault. If your good character dies, while you have nothing good in your vault, what are you gonna do? Seriously. This is IMPORTANT
(11) Taking all the equipment from your vault right from the start. This is a VERY bad idea, having the best equipment without ANY levels can really get you screwed over.
(12) Get scammed. Watch the value of items and get opinion from others before you do a trade. Unless you are a advanced player and already know, Then asking others could save you from getting scammed.
Things you SHOULD do:
(1) Enter dungeons that you can handle. This often pays off with good loot if you can solo the dungeon.
(2) Use your vault. It will save your ass many times.
(3) Stick in groups. Trust me, just stick with a friend and you will last a lot longer.
(4) Trade in nexus. Some of the best deals are in nexus, and often times people are to busy in-game to trade/sell/buy.
(5) Horde good items. You never know when they will come in handy.
(6) Travel with a priest, they help a lot as they can heal you.
(7) Use your surroundings. Such as trees, rocks, block, (Other people? lol) Make great shields. They’ll make you life 5x longer if used correctly.
(8) Get rings. Rings may seem useless but, provide great stat boosts in some rings.
(9) I REALLY Don’t want to say this, but paying for items isn’t a bad idea at all. With only 10$ you can buy 3 characters decent items, i mean its well worth it if you have the money. Which i know a lot of people don’t.
(10) Strafe. This is kinda common sense. When you’re fighting a boss or such, STRAFE you will dodge about 50% of the bullets flying at you, and you WILL live longer. This, of all things will save you countless times.
(11) Use Hotkeys. You can set the hotkeys to whatever you want. A good idea is to have 3 main hotkeys, 1 for the Nexus, another for Health Potions, And Another for Mana potions. A good setup would be, Nexus: F, Health Potions E, And Mana Potions set for C.
(12) Join Servers with a smaller amount of people in them. This can let you get boss loot a lot more efficiently, and it can also help stop you from TP’ing into random trains in the godlands.
(13) Lagging? Lower Your quality settings. I know some people have problems with the game putting them back at the main menu for no apparent reason, and they also may lag quite a bit when fighting a boss or something wit lots of people around them. Also, if you are not using Google Chome, i suggest it, As IE is quite slow compared to chrome.
Enjoy! If you liked reading this, or want me to add something, please comment!