Farming guide

66 posts

Flag Post

I assume that you have char with no stat bonuses from pots. Here is how you get stat pots/gear/lvl for future maxing of any char that you will like the most.
Currently includingleveling guide, godlands farming guide, event bosses, game bosses, new event – sphinx, surviving tips, lesser gods, dungeon guides by NeoAlpha, items, chest guards, class-specific tips: priest by me, archer by TheAwsomeOpo
Leveling; for unlocking new chars and for more easy farming OK items you need 20 lvl char.
1→5-8: you need to be near when mass of mini-enemies die. 1.20 UPD “Exp trains” are mostly obsolete, so best way to get first levels is desert with it’s massive amount of spawns; low-level quests are now more common and can be also used for faster leveling. If you didn’t have stuff for current char vaulted then quests/pirate caves are the best ‘cause they can give you T1-3 stuff which is ok on these lvls. Don’t whine for stuff because it’s gay, but watch chat, ppl often have “free” items to give away.
5-8→10-20: now you have decent exp gain cap (you cannot get >10% needed to lvlup (20-25 for bosses) exp from any mob).
fastest way is to find some dungeon and don’t die in there. Sometimes ppl typing in game chat smth like SPIDERS DEN HERE!!!111, then just type /teleport %username and you’re set.
Preferable dungeons – snake pit, undead lair, spider’s den.
Don’t go: demon abyss(big chance to die), spirit world (no exp).
In dungeons don’t rush forward, esp in undead lair – you will need to run away much there :) . If you have high level guys in team, let them do killing part – you will go in dungeon for items next time and for exp you need just to be close enough to dying mobs.
OK way is to go farming lesser gods which spawn mobs.
Slowest is to go low-mid lvl in godlands(snow, volcanic areas) ‘cause you will die there. Or not. But still, don’t go till you’re lvl 15+ and have enough hp to take 3-4 bullets.
15→20: You can get last lvl’s in godlands, but don’t whine if you die lvl19 and don’t unlock new chars :P .

Flag Post

Godlands – snow/volcanic area near the center of map, inhabited by realm gods and lesser gods mostly.
Here you can gear up to T8/T4 (T8/T4 is not quite sellable but you can try to get 1 spd for it) and get pots and fame.
Soloing godlands:
Basically you clear out some territory from gods/mobs and proceed with caution, trying to aggro gods one by one (3 at max), then fall back a bit and deal with them on your ground.
This strategy can get ruined easily by any noob teleporting on you. If you got surrounded, flee to nexus, even if you will lose some drops – greed kills people here.
Best chars for this strategy are necro and priest – priest has better survivability and range + he’s more item-independent, but necro dishes out more dmg and farms faster.
Swarming godlands:
If there are many people in god lands then you don’t need heal so much yourself. Farming is easier but if you have lags, they will increase in crowd tremendously. Just dodge-kill-dodge-kill-collect.
If you’re damaged for 200hp+, better ask for healing – you can easily get shotgunned for 300-400 dmg and if you have full hp you will survive (providing that you press ‘flee’ button immediately).

To get good items that cannot be picked by others (SB, soulbound) from any god/mob that can drop SB, you need to deal a chunk of damage (caps differ from 1%to 10(?)% for different mobs) to them.

Flag Post

Events:

• Skull shrine – Big red skull armed with wide-spread fast-moving-bullets shotgun
    (dmg 100*9) surrounded by fast-moving blue skulls and stationary red skulls.
    Can be swarmed, but people tend to die there – mini skulls hut hard :P (60*2).
    Easiest event to solo with rogue(hit-n-run).
    Some class with nuke(hunter, assassin, mage, even sorc) with some backup – mana pots, priest in a safe-ish spot nearby can solo shrine as well.
  • Cube god – big blue cube with swarm of lesser cubes guarding it, armed with nearly insta-kill (100*9/150*4) long-range blue shotgun.
    can be solo-ed with skilled rogue (hit-n-run).
    or can be swarmed by huge crowd, but it’s hard because of many durable lesser cubes that flood field with bullets, spawn fast and inflict slow.
    Tricky to get SB items from it because it is often killed by big guys while others wander around fighting lesser cubes.
  • Pentract – 5 towers that deal splash damage (100 damage grenade ) and are guarded by many incredibly fast-moving eyes that excel at hit-and-run tactics and can tear unaware character to pieces in one second.
    Tricky part is that all 5 towers must be finished off in 15 seconds or it will regen lost towers and spawn more eyes. Nice variant would be to leave all towers at the brink of death then circle around and finish them off. Sadly, they do not have hpbars =( .
    Can be swarmed, but easier to kill with several trusted people because noobs will finish off towers you try to weaken.
    All events become harder if they’re in godlands, because lesser gods can really mess up any your strategy.

Flag Post

Game bosses
Oryx – big dude with various attacks, game’s boss. Appears when you kill all med-high lvl quest bosses, closes realm, after battle destroys it and creates another one with fresh quests.
UPD In 1.20 number of minion spawns had been increased.

• Silence phase – waves inflicting silence/weak, silencing circle, bombs within circle (250 dmg(?) ). Stay away and regen. (well, that’s for newbs :P ).
  • Don’t look at me – eyes cannon phase, if you have 280 or less hp stay away – you can be insta-killed. Dodge eyes cannon. Nothing tricky.
  • Dance phase – flood of slow avoidable 90 dmg bullets in circle. Stay within circle and hit (most damage can be done here!) or stay away and look. Never panic; if you’re dancing badly just teleport to any1 outside (lock some newbie for that at the beginning, re-lock some1 if yours is dead) or flee to nexus – storming circle will silence and may be kill you.
    UPD better tpout close to the end of dancing because immediately after this phase Oryx summons some minions and they can insta-kill you if you’re the closest.
  • Artifacts phase – dodge big bullets(350 dmg), avoid med bullets (100? dmg, blinding), sidestep or ignore anti-spectators(3*50 dmg); <350 hp – better stay away.
  • Minions phase – piercing(both chars and armor :P ) 90-dmg razors, tanky low-dmg minions summons, which inflict slow. UPD Minions stopped dropping loot in 1.20 (or its just me unlucky?)

If you did nice dmg to Oryx (~3k) you will get nice loot. If you die, you die.

Oryx-2 guide is coming soon, for now just don’t engage until allowed by person who unlocked wine cell. Remember – even if he gets cocky and tries to solo it, 2nd Oryx can kill him with ease and you can continue his quest =D . After Oryx-2 has 13k hp left he stops to spawn minions and can be finished with any ranged class. To get max possible loot one must deal 2-3k dmg, better ask for your turn when he has no minions =P .

Wretched mongrels! I still have 1 hitpoint left!

Flag Post

Surviving tips – bind ‘flee to nexus’ and some inventory hotkeys to ‘f’, ‘q’, ‘e’ or any close to wasd buttons, it will save your a$$ many times. And do not hesitate to flee when damaged while farming solo (or even swarming, nearby priests can ran out of mana or be dumb and you will die =( ) if enemies are near.
Debuffs surviving

• blindness – train yourself not to panic when hit by blinding and if you cannot see a thing while blinded, adjust brightness of your screen.
  • weak – well, that one does not make you die by itself, you will just deal less dmg (look wiki for details)
  • confusion – can make you go in most bullet-filled area, deadly debuff. Train to use changed controls somehow (look wiki for details).
  • slow – slows your ms to minimum, hard to dodge bullets like that. Teleport away or flee if you’re slowed in dangerous place alone.
  • quiet – dangerous for ability-based char like priest, removes mana completely, renders quaffing mana-pots useless. Can be used to regen mana fully by teleporting to Nexus.
  • armor pierce – shot ignoring armor, can be deadly if you rely on armor much.
    UPD Tomb of ancients introduces new debuffs such as armor broken and paralyze
    Armor break removes your armor completely for a short period of time and another is deadly as hell too – it renders you immovable, you’d better tpout or hit Nexus if hit by it…

Teleporting tips

• Try not to teleport to lone godland farmers ‘cause you don’t know direction in which they are moving and you can aggro too many gods =( .
  • Never teleport on 20 lvl rogue before asking him. You will get both you and him killed. Especially do not teleport if he has full hp and not full mana meaning he is most likely killing some big stuff in invisibility.
  • Teleporting to center of big crowd is more or less safe.

Realm gods – most of tips are in wiki already.
There are 3 main strategies of solo-ing any god – circling – you circle around it, can be bad ‘cause you aggro on you others, sidestepping dodge by tiny movements, not so easy against some gods, tanking – well, just kill it before it kills you, focus mainly on hitting it, not on dodging. A good player should be able to do dodge well and hit things ~100% same time, but he won’t need this guide :P .

Flag Post
  • White demon – Big white dude, aimed with many-bullets short-range shotgun(dmg 60*many),
    inflicts armor piercing. Drops att. circling, long-range killing.
  • Medusa – snake-ish thingy with snakes for hair. Hard damage(100*5+150 splash dmg bomb), high hp, stupid(does not try to predict your movements, fires in your current location). Loves to kill lowbies(splash damage!), laggers(high dps) and chatting people(can reach you in cleared castle with bombs). Drops shitty loot and least valuable pots (spd).
    Obviously designed for people to hate it. Easiest to go 1vs1 without lags (just circle around it). circling
  • Ghost god – dude with suicidal behavior, also loves to kill laggers when they wander aimlessly and unlag on its body. Aimed with wide-range slow-moving-bullets shotgun (120*6? dmg). Least durability of all realm gods. Drops att. sidestepping, long-range killing
  • Beholder – big eye, aimed with 5-way cannon(120*5? dmg) and blindness stars.
    One is nothing, but 2-3 can be pretty harmful especially if you tend to panic when blinded.
    Drops def pots. sidestepping
  • Sprite god – arguably most powerful one, aimed by fast-moving, long-range bullets(that is the main point) shotgun (100*5?)+ silencing. Lazy (doesn’t like to chase intruders). Most durable of all realm gods. Drops att. Often guards enter to sprite world. sidestepping +may be >1 go (hit-run-regen =) ).

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Nice topic and good information for newer players :)

Flag Post

Might i ask for a part on more dungs? i know getting pots in godland can be a pain and take a lot of time till you get good but soloing snake pit correctly timed attacks is easy to build up speed pots to get good Geer. personally

but i do not know how to solo/ if possibly or how to solo higher ones.

Flag Post

@No: I’ll give a description of each of the more rarer dungeons. I’ll assume you can solo pirate caves, spider dens, and snake pits, to keep this shorter.

Sprite World: If you have any armor at all, the little sprites will barely do damage to you, just move on and shoot at them. The sprite gods that can occasionally be found can be difficult if there’s not enough room to sidestep their bullets. If you’re a ranged class, kite them to death, if you’re a melee, use your boost/stun/seal to get an advantage, though it’ll still be moderately dangerous if you’re not potted in def/spd. Limon is simple once you know her phases, for the first, she will run around very quickly in a semi-random manner towards you, shooting bullets all around. Keep away as far as you can, and try to stay near white tiles (the ones that don’t move). After a while, she’ll throw out a turret box around her, STAY inside if you want to do decent damage. Move away from the diagonals of the box, preferably to a side with a few white tiles. Continuously shoot at her, while dodging the few bullets she shoots. After a while, she spawns some more small sprites, and the phases repeat. If you need a break to heal, go outside the room when the turret box isn’t up.

Undead Lair: There are many different varieties of enemies here. Throughout the entire map are traps, which are camouflaged with the floor, be careful and take your time. They’re destructible, which is nice if you’re ranged. Max speed and defense is a great help here, again. Ghostly adventurers, skeletons, and mummies are pretty straightforward, just shoot and dodge. They’re not too dangerous, unless you’re standing still for some reason. The slimes can be easily lethal, since they clump in large groups, which means their bullets will travel close together. As a ranged class, kite them, and heal/rest if possible. If you’re a melee and potted decently, you can try to go for the kill, but it’s best to move past them to the next room if possible. If not, just leave. For the constructs, focus on dodging the confuse shots, or better yet, learn how to play normally while confused. Their damage shouldn’t be too bad. Bats are very simple, you can easily kill or move past them. Reapers are fast, and will probably outrun you if you haven’t potted spd decently. Move away and kite them, use your ability if appropriate. The vampires are also fast, and in my opinion, much more deadly. They can slow/quiet you, which are arguably, the two most dangerous and uncontrollable status effects. Kite and dodge, move around in circles if needed. Being slowed can mean that the rest of the pack catches up to you, leading to a quick death. Do your best to avoid their shots. Finally, the spectres shoot both bullets and bombs, so try to avoid both. The bullets do more damage, but the bombs tend to all hit in the same place, adding up. Keep your range if possible, use your abilities and dodging skills if not. Septavius has several phases, most of which are fairly easy to deal with if you know what you’re doing. His first phase is a whirlwind, simply circle around him clockwise to avoid all the bullets. Be careful not to be too slow/fast, or else you could run into a bunch of armor piercing bullets. His second phase is an explosion of bullets all around him, simply keep your distance. Ranged classes can do some damage here. The third phase is a bunch of rapid, small, brown bullets that inflict quiet, and some bullets that inflict confusing. It’s pretty much impossible to dodge the quieting bullets, so leave the room if you rely on your ability a lot. If not, just dodge the confuse shots and shoot at him as much as you can. His fourth phase is simply spawning more minions and shooting a triple shot at you. Circling works, and try to get in as much damage as you can now, because this is when he’s vulnerable for the longest. Sept can move out of his room, unlike other bosses, so resting during his fight is not advised, unless you stay far, far away.

Abyss of Demons: If you’re soloing, your class matters a lot. It’s much easier to solo abyss as a ranged/healing class (or both), and piercing bullets (from bows or cwand) help to deal with mobs of brutes. Go slowly, and don’t be afraid to nexus. Keep as far as possible from all demons, run around in a small circle to help dodge brutes, and try to be at or near full health at all times. Lag will hurt a lot here, with fast hitting mobs and fast killing lava. Be careful of corners, too. Malphas is a relatively easy boss compared to what you do to get to him, the main potential problem is that his room can be nearly full of lava. He also has a bunch of white demons with him, so be careful you don’t get surrounded. The bullets from Malphas himself can be dodged pretty easily, some of his shots inflict armor piercing and weak, so go back and rest if you need to.

Flag Post

I’d like to see some REAL stats on the % drops of stat potions.

I’ve killed lesser gods by the dozens on many characters and so far only 1 def pot ever dropped and no other stat pots. according to the official site the drop rate is 4% which is a total lie. It isn’t even 4% of the times loot drops from what I’ve seen.

thanks. good guide so far keep it up!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Billr7667:

I’ve killed lesser gods by the dozens on many characters and so far only 1 def pot ever dropped and no other stat pots. according to the official site the drop rate is 4% which is a total lie. It isn’t even 4% of the times loot drops from what I’ve seen.

4% on soulbound (purple) bags

Flag Post

Exactly Sam, meaning it is 4% for all the people killing the gods, so someone may get the soulbound bag and you would not even see it. Just cause you cannot see them does not mean the percentage is a lie. If you solo all the gods and that happened, sure, but usually you have other people getting involved.

Could be wrong, but with how the soulbounding works, sounds like that is the issue.

Flag Post
Neoalpha, thanks for guide, but 1) use something so your text would not look like "wall of text" :P . 2) remember, we're speaking about 0/6 char (0 stats pots used) and more or less newbish person. Can 0/6 really solo Abyss? I couldn't, not even close :P . Again, Limon can one-shot weak 20 lvl-s, so safe but slow variant is to hit it only in stationary phases and when you have full hp while (she?)it moves. Other then that, nice addition, thanks! ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Billr7667:

That means you're terribly unlucky or other ppl get all dmg to gods. To test real % we need to kill like 10000 gods and count drops which is close to impossible because sometimes you don't know how much damage have you dealt. (Don't forget, you do not see others people's pot drops).
Originally posted by robotog:

Exactly Sam, meaning it is 4% for all the people killing the gods, so someone may get the soulbound bag and you would not even see it. Just cause you cannot see them does not mean the percentage is a lie. If you solo all the gods and that happened, sure, but usually you have other people getting involved.

Could be wrong, but with how the soulbounding works, sounds like that is the issue.

robo, I think you do not quite understand how sb works. If >1 person killed 1 god then all that dealt >n% damage have m% chance to get loot. So 1 god can drop pots for 2-3 people (well, 4%*4% is not so much). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Flag Post

Can 0/6 really solo Abyss?

Works in UDL, Sprite and Abyss as a 0/6 priest with T8 wand, T8 armor, T4 tome, Para HP. If I had a para def at that thime, I would have used that one. Abyss has the most “that was close moments” due to the rushing enemies but if you keep 2 things in mind, you are fine.
1. Know where you will go if there´s something behind the corner you don´t want to tank.
2. Bring time and be patient. The first 2 tries took me over 40 minutes.

So time/drop wise, this isn´t really efficient, but now with a 3/6 priest and a bit better gear, it´s almost routine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MalektheClaW:

Can 0/6 really solo Abyss?

Works in UDL, Sprite and Abyss as a 0/6 priest with T8 wand, T8 armor, T4 tome, Para HP. If I had a para def at that thime, I would have used that one. Abyss has the most “that was close moments” due to the rushing enemies but if you keep 2 things in mind, you are fine.
1. Know where you will go if there´s something behind the corner you don´t want to tank.
2. Bring time and be patient. The first 2 tries took me over 40 minutes.

So time/drop wise, this isn´t really efficient, but now with a 3/6 priest and a bit better gear, it´s almost routine.

Ok, I have exactly same gear, now trying abyss solo, would be happy not to die =D.
UPD Failed, got cornered, had to flee.
UPD2 Failed, got cornered, heal/nexus would not work for some reason, died.
Ok, I’m to bad for soloing abyss :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by robotog:

robo, I think you do not quite understand how sb works. If >1 person killed 1 god then all that dealt >n% damage have m% chance to get loot. So 1 god can drop pots for 2-3 people (well, 4%*4% is not so much). Correct me if I’m wrong.

So what u r saying is that the purple bag is not seen by others when it drops? If that is so I doubt it or it was changed in a recent build up, because ppl always run to the purple bag I see. Maybe that is for blue bags as I hardly ever saw those when I was in a group. And if that is true a long range fighter will see less of those bags than one who is going in for the kill as they do higher damage. Just a thought.

Flag Post

Firedragon, dunno which build you’ve played, but now even if they run to your purple bag that means that they have received loot too. And they cannot pick up yours.

Flag Post

@qlz: I know my post is pretty messy and rough, it was just a guideline (hopefully one you can expand on?). Also, a 0/6 priest can solo dungeons up to abyss with some skill, and some people have soloed WC with 0/6 characters (though not unpotted). The exact drop rates aren’t going to be found unless the devs release it, because the information got moved serverside. I suppose you could find it empirically, but it’d have to have a huge testing sample.

@firedragon: All bags except brown are soulbound, which means that nobody else can see it. People are probably going to your purple bags because they got one as well. People are not rushing to your blue bags because those have stat pots, which drop at a lower rate, thus less likely for two to drop from the same mob.

Flag Post
  • Flying brains – well, brains that fly, what more to say. Armed with purple hard-to-dodge 5-way cannon (50*5). Weakest of all realm gods. Drops att. sidestepping, tanking.
  • Slime god – nasty big slime aimed with fast-moving bullets shotgun (90*5), inflicts slow. Not very durable. If you’re hit by slow in godlands you’re in big danger, if >2 gods are near, better flee. Drops def. sidestepping, circling
  • Ent god – durable, armed with piercing shotgun(dmg 70*5?). 1vs1 are nothing, but packs nice punch against crowd or in combination with other gods. Dumb (tries to predict your movements, fails at that like a boss, tends to shoot away from you if you’re sidestepping). Drops def. sidestepping, tanking
  • Djinn – invulnerable while moving, otherwise dies very quickly; floods field with ton of bullets (50?x8?), blows itself if dies. Sometimes kills laggers that unlag on him. Drops spd. sidestepping, hit-n-run

Grand Sphinx
Newest event, many big chars died from it :P . Very durable, hard-hitting, half time invulnerable, with badass minions (horrid reapers) – it is a fearsome enemy.
Phases

• Object-piercing yellow swirls (150*many dmg, inflicts blind, 2*90degrees waves)
    You hide behind rocks like cowards, but you cannot hide from me!
  • Red bulbs shotgun (115*10? dmg main+115*2 more aimed shots+115*8 all-directions shots)
  • Mini red bulbs volley (70?*many, inflicts weaken)

Minions phases (heck they have them too)

• Wandering, shooting red bullets (75? dmg).
  • Chasing intruders, shooting black bullets (90 dmg).
  • Very fast random movements.
  • Stationary, shooting black shots in five directions (dmg 90*5), main source of insta-kills if two of reapers stop on you.

Easiest way is to kill sphinx is with nukes, couple of wizards can rape it in few minutes.
Otherwise it’s pure waste of time – it is being killed slowly, drops are bad (only tomb enter is cool) and danger is gravy. Consider killing it only if realm is near closing.
Drops registered: Tomb entrance, vit pots (tell me please if you got anything else from it)

Flag Post

Fail, reserved too less posts. OK, next part – items.
While you’re lvl<20 you do not need any big items for sure.
As you get lvl20, buy for 1spd/same level items all nearly free items that your class needs – T7-8 weapon, T3-4 skill, T7-8 armor, ring (sup hp/def or para dex/att/wis).
Except for bows, equipment do not suffer radical improvements when tier-upped (archers-hunters needs golden bow(gbow in RotMG lang.) badly for farming), so try not to buy any def+ pot-worthy equipment before maxing def. Especially do not buy heavy armor 20+ ‘cause it adds as much defense as pots it does cost (1.19) and +1 pot in vault > armor equipped. By the time you’ll have pots to max yourself at least for defense, you will gather better equipment.

Another strategy is to buy the best loot you can afford and then sell it when farmed up a bit. BUT! It increases rage-meter when you die :P . Plus it’s better to try different tactics when you have char that you can afford to lose and just to get the same one in 40 minutes at max.

Another bad thing is that if you try to max yourself all-at-one time, you need big storage place (unless you buy really big items to decrease space used). That can be solved by either having alternative accounts for storing items or spending few bucks to assist wild_shadow’s game developing (buying vault chests).

Flag Post

Wow. This helped me out, a lot! Thanks! :D

Flag Post

What I do: Tele in the godlands, and attempt to survive in there by staying near a Priest and being in the center. Nexus if I get low. If I can get to 10 then I live :P

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

@lesserwolf no offense in my topic pls D=
UPD thanks, administrator or moderator :P

@Noobin8er, sorry, but I’m as a priest do hate people like you sometimes. Everytime I see blinking red char in godlands I try to tp to save (no time to check his level, blinking people tend to die while printing “hp” in chat :( ) and when I heal like 120 hp and tp to 2 medusas I’m getting pissed off. Well, I know that all people who don’t flee when they are blinking are most likely noobs not worth to be rescued even if they have lvl20 and they will die soon anyways, but still…

UPD well, sometimes I enjoy watching lowbie dodging every singe bullet and surviving till lvl10+ and even reward that ppl with some items for show =D . Yes, I do contradict myself sometimes.