Best stat farming class(es)?

35 posts

Flag Post

Wizard/Necromancer i guess? Those are similar to each other and after a while get boring to constantly remake though. Right now im trying to use a priest to farm stats. Here is the big problem: priest DPS is atrocious, and other players CONSTANTLY follow me around killing my gods…. how the hell am i supposed to get stat pots as a priest?

I actually have a decent weapon too its like t10. If a priest is just not capable of adequately stat farming then say it here i guess…. but it seems like a nice idea since when youre completely solo priest ROCKS at gods.

Flag Post

wizard is the best god farming class. if you know how all the gods bullet patterns work then healing should not be that important cause you wont get hit.

Flag Post

The best class for farming really depends on nothing more than how you play. If you like to solo, choose a rogue, just stay away from leviathans and sprite gods, they can see through your cloak and still kill you. If you just want to kill everything, take a necromancer or a wizard, wizzies have the best damage, with their spell attacks, and necromancers can use their skulls to heal themselves, so they’re like priests, but with less reliable healing and more damage. Though be more careful, those two classes have some of the worst defense in the game. Priests are decent too, but with their healing abilities, people tend to stick around them and leech your kills so you can heal them. Archers and huntresses are well-rounded farming classes, decent damage and range, with useful abilities. Melee classes in general just don’t have the range or speed to effectively farm unless maxed. All in all, I’d say take a wizard or an archer. Those are my personal favorite farmers.

Flag Post

Rogue, Necro, Bow classes, Wizzy. My personal favs.

EDIT: Oh yes, they are good because:

Rogue: Best for soloing. Can hide from enemies (most of them, anyways) when needed, high DPS, good for dodging bullets (well, this depends on the player too), and decent defence.
Necro: Great at soloing. Can heal himself when in danger (Almost always, when MP runs out, this obviously doesnt work :P). Good DPS, CAN dodge most bullets with ease, crappy defence.
Bow classes Archer/Huntress: Both good at soloing, Huntress maybe slightly better. Both can slow/paralyze enemies (archer has more precise skill, does more damage, and slows enemies down, until you get elvencraft or higher, where huntress’es trap can slow an huge group of gods, making them easy pickings, or makes you able to escape the scene). Decent DPS, good at dodging, decent defence.
Wizzy: Great at soloing. Can deal with any god easily, blasting them to hell with spells. Spells will deal huge damage, but you will need to aim them right below the enemy, or most of it will miss. One of the best DPS, decent dodging abilities, crappy defence.

Hope this helps to decide.

Flag Post

I don’t know other but I liked wizard most

Flag Post

Actually you are all wrong all classes can be used for farming because farming is just circling around a god and killing it my best opinion for farming is the knight a stunning class, As soon as that knight stuns a god its dead.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DARkpheonix22:

Actually you are all wrong all classes can be used for farming because farming is just circling around a god and killing it my best opinion for farming is the knight a stunning class, As soon as that knight stuns a god its dead.

as soon as you get close to god your dead (unmaxed ofc because why would you farm then if your maxed?):p for me WIZZY best damage just to point something rove users def arent that bad(yeah gsorc+exa def :p)well if maxed+best equip it can have 8+25+13=46 which is 4 lower than leather user for ONLY 4 def but when not maxed leather user usually go 23 def while robe user go 17 which made 6 def different so recommended archer(quivers highher damage as you dont see god wall often but godwall get you…pot OR death you choose :p)for me

Flag Post

I actually use a priest, even though they get swamped with requests to heal. There are a few ways around this:
1) Get maxed (save pots), get a cwand, butcher gods. I have a 5/8 priest (working on vit) and with my cwand I get plenty of pots, as long as there are no maxed bow users around. Just get a god-pile, and slaughter them.
2) Go to the odd realms (USE2 or something) and hang out in low-pop areas of godlands. This works great as an un-maxed character.
3) Refuse to heal people unless they give you pots. Circle a pile then heal, or duck out of the way for a moment to heal, but let them die/nexus. This is harsh, but then ppl stop following you and you can farm again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpartanKiller13:

I actually use a priest, even though they get swamped with requests to heal. There are a few ways around this:
1) Get maxed (save pots), get a cwand, butcher gods. I have a 5/8 priest (working on vit) and with my cwand I get plenty of pots, as long as there are no maxed bow users around. Just get a god-pile, and slaughter them.
2) Go to the odd realms (USE2 or something) and hang out in low-pop areas of godlands. This works great as an un-maxed character.
3) Refuse to heal people unless they give you pots. Circle a pile then heal, or duck out of the way for a moment to heal, but let them die/nexus. This is harsh, but then ppl stop following you and you can farm again.

lol step 3 i know its useful but you know those who follow you mayb just to begs you

Flag Post

Not really…as soon as a Knight stuns something, its damage pretty much doubles. That’s how so many Knights die to a Grand Sphinx.

Flag Post

I’m sure Knights can circle Leviathans, Ghost Gods, Djinns, and Beholders easily like everyone else.

Flag Post

Knights can be used to kill gods but they will die much more often. If you are maxing a knight, the smart thing to do would be to use another account to farm potions.

Flag Post

With the new build, a maxed sorc is a fairly decent farmer.

Flag Post

A maxed knight is by far the best pot farming class. For example, if you are in need of some dex pots, it will take you less than 30 seconds to get to Limon and with her doing 10 dmg per hit, it’s nearly impossible to die. With them able to duo events in less than 5 seconds (skulls/cubes), you rack in pots pretty damn fast. I have personally gotten over 40 pots in an hour with a knight.

Flag Post

I personally prefer the priest, because even unpotted you can farm sprite / udl, which is a lot faster than farming gods, or maybe I’m just unlucky.

Flag Post

I don’t know. I honestly think some of the best are the ranged. If you’re not good at hand-to-hand (Knight, Ninja, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin, etc.), It would be best to use a priest or ranged character. But, it all depends on how well you can use a character. You can be the best player ever with a hand-to-hand, but would suck if you started playing as a wizard. So, to each their own opinion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IntolerableFish:

The best class for farming really depends on nothing more than how you play. If you like to solo, choose a rogue, just stay away from leviathans and sprite gods, they can see through your cloak and still kill you. If you just want to kill everything, take a necromancer or a wizard, wizzies have the best damage, with their spell attacks, and necromancers can use their skulls to heal themselves, so they’re like priests, but with less reliable healing and more damage. Though be more careful, those two classes have some of the worst defense in the game. Priests are decent too, but with their healing abilities, people tend to stick around them and leech your kills so you can heal them. Archers and huntresses are well-rounded farming classes, decent damage and range, with useful abilities. Melee classes in general just don’t have the range or speed to effectively farm unless maxed. All in all, I’d say take a wizard or an archer. Those are my personal favorite farmers.

Ok two things are wrong with this first necromancers with T4 skull and about 4-5 gods can give you more heal then a priest with T6 tome. Second meelee classes are good for gods they just need to use their ability so take alot of mp pots if you use them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by suterla:

as soon as you get close to god your dead (unmaxed ofc because why would you farm then if your maxed?):p for me WIZZY best damage just to point something rove users def arent that bad(yeah gsorc+exa def :p)well if maxed+best equip it can have 8+25+13=46 which is 4 lower than leather user for ONLY 4 def but when not maxed leather user usually go 23 def while robe user go 17 which made 6 def different so recommended archer(quivers highher damage as you dont see god wall often but godwall get you…pot OR death you choose :p)for me

Dude you are stupid if you have not looked knights have the vit health and armour to do well unmaxed and why would you farm maxed 2 explanations

1. To get richer
2. To max other charcters you have

Flag Post
Originally posted by shoklimb:
Originally posted by suterla:

Dude you are stupid if you have not looked knights have the vit health and armour to do well unmaxed and why would you farm maxed 2 explanations

1. To get richer
2. To max other charcters you have

you didnt understand what I said

Flag Post

Sorcerors have always worked for me. Either that, wizzy, or necro. Nothing else compares. (From an unmaxed perspective)

Flag Post

especially due to my shitteh luck*

Flag Post
Originally posted by lost_sinner:

It’s been furry here in this thread so far. Looks like the major discussion is about Necros and Wizards.

To be honest, all classes are good at farming as long as you can play them well. That’s basically it, there’s nothing more to it. To elaborate on this, you simply have to do trial-and-error and see what class you farm the fastest and most efficient with.

Most people prefer staff classes or bow classes. Melee is not preferred by many due to its low range, taking it out of the list (But really, if you’re good with melee then do it!). Now, bow classes are preferred because of multiple projectiles they can shoot and because of the distance. Staff classes are the prime pick of many RotMG experts (I personally choose staff classes for farming as well) due to massive DPS with a low risk of dieing. Perfect combination!

And now we go in the deeper discussion. There are only three staff classes – Wizard, Necromancer and Mystic. I’ll state the pros and cons of each one.

Wizard
Pro – Insane DPS
Con – No healing abilities

Necromancer
Pro – Healing abilities
Con – Intermediate DPS

Mystic
Pro – Statis ability
Con – Intermediate DPS

So, Mystic and Necromancer are pretty much tied up because they both have defensive abilities. People do not prefer Mystic because the statis effect does not provide satisfying results. For example, if you statis a group of gods in the godlands where a massive train is going on, you won’t get positive comments from anybody. And, the statis effect usually lasts too long. This is what pulls it out of our pick.

And, deeper discussion. Wizard vs. Necromancer. Now who’s better for farming? The answer is simple – it’s your choice. The Necromancer is heavily suggested by me for people that get damaged a lot and find it hard to stay alive. Sacrifice some damage for an epic ability to heal yourself and your group hundreds of health. Wizard is suggested by me if you’re a Matrix dodger. You won’t have any trouble getting damaged and don’t need to heal. So why sacrifice precious DPS for nothing? Wizard is the way to go for you.

I’ve tried out both classes at an 8/8 with top gear and I prefer the Wizard because I can dodge pretty easily. Trust me, Wizard is also pretty darn fun when you’re 8/8 and are topped with the best.

All in all, Wizard if you can dodge well and Necromancer if you can’t. :) (I know I didn’t talk about bow classes as much, because this thread didn’t focus on them, mainly Wizard vs. Necro. If you want my two cents on bow classes just post).

Don’t feel like typing out a big answer to the same questions, so there’s a quote .

Flag Post

I think the best pot farming class is Dr Hax!<3

Originally posted by XX22:

XD

I LIKE PICS!<3

Flag Post

wizards, if they can get close to an event boss, can qualify for soulbound loot with one or two well placed spells. To top it off, they can mop up the godlands quickly. Even if you don’t want to pot a wizard, at least use them to farm your first 25 defense.

Flag Post

I would say rogue. They have the same dex like a wiz, but have high speed to dodge. The rogue also does medium damage at midrange, so you don’t get into much trouble if you know the patterns. I farm pretty decently with this rogue:
Emmy
Red Agent
Roc
Para Att ring

I have all the regular stats at 20 besides 1 stat increase on dex.