SLO World Channel Rules

36 posts

Flag Post

DO:
Respect one another when communicating. If an issue arises, please seek to resolve it through personal message.

Bring your SLO-savvy knowledge into the chat to help any players who may have questions.

Take initiative! If someone has a question or needs assistance with the game, be a good Samaritan and help them out!

Follow and respect ZQGame rules, as they are the ones who have created this game experience for us to love and enjoy.

Say Hello! Shadowland Online is full to bursting with diverse players and there’s many a comrade to be made!

DO NOT:
Swear. Think of the little ones!

Utilize a language other than English in the main World Channel. (this rule does not need to be enforced until technical changes or improvements to the World Channel have been made for multi-language utilization)

Ask another player for their personal information.

Promote or engage in discussions regarding race, religion, politics, ethnicity or sexuality. Similar subjects that also generate controversy are highly prohibited.

Promote games other than Shadowland Online.

Be afraid to speak your mind! Although flaming is highly discouraged and punishable, we always like to see constructive criticism that helps to improve our game.

Note: Game Masters and Administrators reserve the right to enforce and modify these rules as they see fit under varying circumstances.

Flag Post

Well people have spent most of tonight talking about rape..

Flag Post

Once we have GMs it will be much better. Sorry.

Flag Post

Well they’re at it again the next day lol
When will there be GM’s in the game?

Flag Post

dear gamer, we will announce it in the forum after we affirm it.

Flag Post

A GM has popped up today..Does that mean he’s a fake? o.O

Flag Post

dear gamer, we have affirm 2 GM today in Rothus, but we need more GM in Eloir,so it has not been announced now, he is not a fake,anyway,thank you very much for your kindly reporting.

Flag Post

Please do assign GMs in Eloir then! Sometimes the chat room go over the line.

Flag Post

we will affirm it as soon as possible, pls patiently wait for our improvement,wish you all have fun in this game.

Flag Post

It is so nice to see these rules and read about the existence of “enforcers” thank you :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by zqgame:

we will affirm it as soon as possible, pls patiently wait for our improvement,wish you all have fun in this game.

Yes thank you very much for considering my request.

Flag Post

:O
Gms sound great, and having 2 is a great idea.
Can you give me (and us) :D a website link to the website? I’m an active person (in World chat) on Elis, or whatever it’s called _ and I’d like to apply… Somehow(?) but without a website link, it’s kinda hard to make helpful people on Kong, more… Helpful.

Flag Post

Definitely going to need more than 2, some of the people on this server are just wrong in the head lol

Flag Post

Well, maybe. :L
Having two many will be kinda useless.
If everyone had superpowers, no one will be super. _

Flag Post

Realistically you want enough so that at least 1 is always online

Flag Post

Well, that doesn’t really imply on number then.
You could have 4 GMs, but all of them could live in Washington D.C (America) with the exact same time zone.
Doesn’t matter how many you have, just matters where they live.

Flag Post

My point was just that I’ve been on most of the day, watching how bad the chats gotten, and not seen either of the GM’s on, or if they were they just didn’t say anything about it

Flag Post

Well, I’m not too sure about it, but can GMs mute people? (They probably can) _
I know what you mean, it’s hard to make something like that work. >:(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Admiral_Bubbles:

Well, I’m not too sure about it, but can GMs mute people? (They probably can) _
I know what you mean, it’s hard to make something like that work. >:(

Yes,GMs can mute people who always violate the rules.

Flag Post

What are the views on making multiple characters on the same server?

Flag Post

Suggest renaming the thread to ‘World Chat Rules’ – for us blind old farts (I looked and looked but didn’t see this thread);

Suggest rephrasing the rules as follows for easier comprehension;

Suggest removing the extraneous comments and locking the thread;

DO:
Respect one another when communicating. If an issue arises, please seek to resolve it privately.

Bring your gameplay knowledge into chat – try to help any players who have questions.

Take the initiative! If someone has a question or needs assistance within the game, be a good Samaritan and help them out!

Keep to English when chatting.

DO NOT:

Swear, or work around the word filter.

Ask another player for their personal information.

Promote or engage in discussions regarding race, religion, politics, ethnicity or sexuality. Similarly controversial subjects are also prohibited.

Promote other games.

Be afraid to speak your mind! Although flaming is highly discouraged and punishable, we always like to see constructive criticism that helps to improve our game. (If you have a game improving suggestion, please add it to the suggestions thread).

Note: Game Masters and Administrators reserve the right to enforce and modify these rules as they see fit under varying circumstances.

Flag Post

Or this rephrasement:
DO:
Respect everyone in world chat. If an issue arise, either resolve it by talking respectfully to the person in private or contact a GM if you are unable to solve the problem peacefully.

World chat is meant to be a place where players can ask each other questions. As much as possible when answering questions, direct people to the Kongregate forum and other verified resources so that people may solve their problems as and when they arise.

Respect the rules set by ZQgame. These rules make for responsible and enjoyable environment that we have today. Let’s keep it that way.

Be friendly and approachable. Shadowland Online is full of people from different countries who have different experiences.

Say Hello! Shadowland Online is full to bursting with diverse players and their countries be open minded and conscientious of all players in the game.

DO NOT:
Swear or make rude comments against people. Kids also play this game.

Utilize a language other than English in the main World Channel. (this rule does not need to be enforced until technical changes or improvements to the World Channel have been made for multi-language utilization)

Ask another player for their personal information such as bank accounts, PIN, Social Security etc.

Discuss or engage in topic relating to race, religion, politics, ethnicity or sexuality. Similar subjects that also generate controversy are highly prohibited. Ask a GM or Zqgames for further clarification of appropriate topics

Promote/Advertise games other than Shadowland Online.

Be afraid to speak your mind! Although flaming is highly discouraged and punishable, we always like to see constructive criticism that helps to improve our game.

Note: Game Masters and Administrators reserve the right to enforce or modify these rules as they see fit under varying circumstances and conditions.

Flag Post

be afraid to speak your mind! <3 that 1 :)

Flag Post

I like having GM’s to keep things nice, but I have a problem with GM’s muting someone for not using spaces. I just witnessed this today in World chat on Eloir. It really puts a damper on the game when people are muted for minor things. This makes me think GM’s are just on a power trip. There were no cuss words or disparaging remarks, why was ILOVESKY muted?

Flag Post

On kongregate 2 – Eloir. My IGN is Earra.

[World][Earra]: ILOVESKY’s e2 up
[World][GM][Bonzi]: posting for muted is a warning
[World][Earra]: oh, so not only they are muted, but they are not allowed to do legions too?
[World][GM][Bonzi]: Earra you have been warned 2 times don’t push me
[World][Earra]: warned about what? for disagreeing with you and then for some rule you just made up?
[World][GM][Bonzi]: I did not make up a rule read the world chat rules… warning 3

Can some admin tell me what is going on here, please?

I got my first warning for being among people that told Bonzi that not using space is not a good (or valid) reason to mute people – ILOVESKY got muted by Bonzi for several days for that in the end (and 2 other people got muted by Bonzi for speaking against it).
ILOVESKY is a regular legion host, if we can’t mention his legions without repercussion that mute pretty much borders on a short-term ban, even if there was anything close to such rule mentioned here (which I can’t find).

I read the rules and I have no idea what rules I broke that got me 3 warnings in 2 days, after almost a year of playing. If I was meant not to transgress “Game Masters .. reserve the right to .. modify these rules as they see fit” – that is kinda hard to follow.