Alliance thread page 2

29 posts

Flag Post

What is the deal with donating gold coins vs. donating BA? 100 of either will get me the same number of contribution points, and I think we can all agree that gold coins are a lot easier to get.
And the tech? A lot of it is pretty useless as it is, but why would I want to spend 500,000 BA just to get 2% more drafted soldiers? That’s just the first level of that tech, too!
I could better understand if BA tech cost about 5% of the gold coin tech (and maybe give us 10-20 times the contribution points for BA). First level food? 500,000 gold coins. First level draft? 25,000 BA. Of course, the numbers would go up like usual from there, so my suggestion would not make it easy, just a little more achievable.

Flag Post

@zag yeah I see your point but then again there is a gold tech to give more BA and the 3rd BA tech gives +1% per level on fortification successe which is very helpful (especially at higher levels when you can get a full hour of 100% fort rate. Also if everyone from alliance pulls together then the BA techs are not unacheivable (at least to get them started) on Frost my alliance has +2% exp tech which may not sound like much but when heroes are roughly level 40 it is a real help especially because it works on speedup and the exp gained from training. The drafted soldier tech isnt much use until late game when the effect is roughly 16k troops at tech level 10. As for the last BA tech then yeah its useless, level 10 in it for just under 1k gold from a 4.5 legion run I wouldn’t get it until all other techs are 10 and then only for completionist reasons. But 25k BA would make the BA techs incredibly easy (we had 1 person donate 220k BA to finish our level 1 exp tech) which if it were 25k we would have it at level 5 for the almost the same cost as a level 1 gold tech and that is a bit too easy to level.

Flag Post

Okay, maybe setting BA techs to 5% of the cost of coin techs is a little low, but I think my point is still valid. The earlier levels should be achievable earlier, and the cost should go up as you increase the level, like it does right now. All I’m saying is, you have to give people a goal to reach. Right now, I have more coins than I need, and I’m constantly fighting for BA. I don’t see enough benefit from 2% here, and 2% there to give up working on my personal techs.
If you have someone who can throw away 220000 BA, more power to them. They’re either high level, spending a lot of money, or not using it to build their own power up. Most people, I would guess, do not fall into these categories. My alliance got coin techs up pretty fast, I don’t see why we can’t have at least a couple of BA levels by now, too.

Also, don’t get me started on fortification.

Flag Post

I’d like to suggest an alliance merger protocol…