*** Suggestions *** page 15

790 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by troublemaker83:

When fortifying an item, I can choose one which is already equipped on one of my heroes … but in order to recast an item, I have to unequip it first. Why not have an option, much like fortifying, where we can recast an equipped item.

Dear troublemaker83,

Sorry for that.That is the game’s rule. But I will deliver your suggestion to our devs for considering.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gbaz69:

Do you devs plan on putting in a way to track which items you bid on in the auction house?
I suggest you do this please.

Edit: More sanctuary quests please, you can make sanctuary level = monster levels for easier programming.
(I guess 100 different maps is a little much?… can do what bioware does and reuse maps, just place differet enemies)

Dear gbaz69,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will deliver them to our devs for consideration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Betelgueze:

I’ve been thinking for NPC or Legion drops, you should increase the drop rate percent somewhere around 2.5 times higher (hopefully that’s reasonable for you) than its normal drop rate for people who haven’t had it drop yet. This higher drop rate chance will only keep on going until a player gets the drop, which after that, the drop rate will return to normal for the item.

Dear Betelgueze,

Thanks for taking time to contact us. Our devs will consider it.

Flag Post

Dear Developers!

I would like to make a proposal on the recast system. As it currently is, many pointless recasts are made (like +int on phys. rings…) or even mediocre recasts replaced by much worse. My suggestion is to not recast on one specific item but to generate a “spellscroll” by recasting, that can be used on an item of ones choice which then consumes the scroll. If one doesn’t need the recast, he/she should be able to put it up the auction house or, in case its really useless, sell if for some gold coins to the shop. That would not give much benefit to the players but make the gameplay way more comfortable concerning recasting.

Flag Post

I know this has been moaned and groaned about for ages, but it’s still a problem, and it really needs to be addressed.

The heroes are not balanced at all. Towards level 100, they start to balance out a little bit more, but in the meantime they’re terribly balanced, which discourages most people from ever reaching level 100.

You need to work on the balance; stop putting it off.

The main cause of this unbalance is heroes who have high-damage abilities that start out as single-target, and then hit 5 targets. Such abilities need to have an amount of damage reduction appropriate to the amount of targets hit, otherwise they’re dealing more damage per target, to all 5 targets, than other abilities that don’t even hit all targets.

Flag Post

make the other hero type then…. (you idiot)

Flag Post
Originally posted by pzweig:

make the other hero type then…. (you idiot)

Cause everyone wants to start from square one after dedicating a heinous amount of time and effort into one account, right?

Originally posted by Boarstone:

Dear Developers!

I would like to make a proposal on the recast system. As it currently is, many pointless recasts are made (like +int on phys. rings…) or even mediocre recasts replaced by much worse. My suggestion is to not recast on one specific item but to generate a “spellscroll” by recasting, that can be used on an item of ones choice which then consumes the scroll. If one doesn’t need the recast, he/she should be able to put it up the auction house or, in case its really useless, sell if for some gold coins to the shop. That would not give much benefit to the players but make the gameplay way more comfortable concerning recasting.

A really good suggestion, but sadly alts…
Plus it would probably be too complicated if zq were to try and do limitations and such for countermeasures.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Boarstone:

Dear Developers!

This is an excellent idea, I really like it.

My suggestion:
How about a “Double Dare” mode in any of the legions? This option would be selectable by the one who hosts any legion. In this mode enemies would be way stronger (they could have double hit points or there could be twice as many waves as before for example). For a reward you could get double BA and the drop rate should also be increased to double. Or maybe you could get a different drop in this mode (a more powerful of course).

Flag Post

Cave expedition can be redesigned like Crazy adventure.

We start at the some point at edge and there is only one safe path, all other tiles are skeletons. We can open only adjacent tile. The path can be random every time, and looks like: (start) (item) (2*empty) (item) (4*empty) (item) and so on (empty tiles can contain chests with gold/frags/stones, and items order randomized using drop rates). With 3 energy we always get at least one item, and with some luck (or by buying extra energy) we can get more (guaranteed to be different) items.

Flag Post

I need some help, I need an explaination of how “THE CAVE” works?
Does layer 50 only give you the items above the button?
ie: the two right most items are above the layer 50 button.

I don’t want to waste anymore in cave!! its so fraudulent!

I suggest you add text to cave screen AND the ‘?’ icon, on how the cave works.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BackyardInferno:

I know this has been moaned and groaned about for ages, but it’s still a problem, and it really needs to be addressed.

The heroes are not balanced at all. Towards level 100, they start to balance out a little bit more, but in the meantime they’re terribly balanced, which discourages most people from ever reaching level 100.

You need to work on the balance; stop putting it off.

The main cause of this unbalance is heroes who have high-damage abilities that start out as single-target, and then hit 5 targets. Such abilities need to have an amount of damage reduction appropriate to the amount of targets hit, otherwise they’re dealing more damage per target, to all 5 targets, than other abilities that don’t even hit all targets.

This for the love of god! give at least ONE mercenary/pirate/tide class I mid range level, AOE skill
For comparison: shammans get Area of Attack (all 5 targets) at 35, and Paladins at lvl 55 AoE(all)(i think)!

Flag Post

Don’t pick a tide class unless you’re willing to play until endgame. Tide is OP at level 100. Your hard work will pay off; believe me. Tribal class heroes are just about worthless in the tower of souls; any tribal shaman who has advanced turned tomahawk long ago. Tide archer is amazing at 100, as is noble paladin throughout, well, all of the game. Don’t knock tribal classes for being able to out-play you in the game at first, they’ll be sorry later. Believe me. If anything, noble is the overall strongest class on average throughout the entire game. Once you grind through and put in the work, you’ll realize how much better off you are with a non-tribal class. If anything, ZQgames made it incredibly difficult for tribals on purpose BECAUSE so many people pick them to start. Isn’t really fair to the few dedicated tribal players who have played for ages and suffer where the other classes excel easily in endgame, but I can see where we kind of deserve it for being strong and bragging our arses off for so long throughout the gate. The game has gotten a fair bit easier for newer servers than it was for those of us who started during the early days of Rothus, and the educated player can plainly look up the wiki for class advice. Don’t get discouraged, your tide class will pay off eventually.

Flag Post

Lower the price on fragments in the mall please, 5 diamonds for one fragment is kind of ridiculous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by billybob152:

Lower the price on fragments in the mall please, 5 diamonds for one fragment is kind of ridiculous.

No, just lower the amount of frags used to recast to 2 instead of 5. The chances of a good recast is so tiny anyway that it is necessary to do lots and lots of recasts still.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cine:

No, just lower the amount of frags used to recast to 2 instead of 5. The chances of a good recast is so tiny anyway that it is necessary to do lots and lots of recasts still.

Then the devs would be driving Ferraris instead of Bentleys with a chauffeur.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cine:

that is a good idea.

Flag Post

If devs reduce the cost of recasts from 5 frags to 2, then it would be nice if they would lower the cost (in stones) of fort’ing an item higher than +100. Currently, at 10 stones per fort – it will take an absurd amount of time to collect enough stones to fort even half of the 50 items you wear to +150 or higher; not to mention that you need to do this to get better equipment – which you then have to start all over at fortifying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by troublemaker83:

If devs reduce the cost of recasts from 5 frags to 2, then it would be nice if they would lower the cost (in stones) of fort’ing an item higher than +100. Currently, at 10 stones per fort – it will take an absurd amount of time to collect enough stones to fort even half of the 50 items you wear to +150 or higher; not to mention that you need to do this to get better equipment – which you then have to start all over at fortifying.

Wow that is an awful system for a free-2-play game :(. Can free players actually ever get to +200 on 50 items?! In the games lifetime?

Edit instead of new post:
PLEASE show server clock inside capital, during “capital take”.
This way, when the “capital take” hour is nearly up, people can goto the center spot IN TIME.

Edit2 instead of new post:
Allow MAIL to have ‘attachments’ please!!
You can put in a SCALEABLE GOLD delivery fee. (example, 1% of item sale price, or 100gold per item level, etc.)

Flag Post

i didnt read previous 15pages dont know if it was suggested before
a chat for legions only cant organize them in world when people are having a discussion

Flag Post

At the moment, there just isn’t enough player-controlled gameplay. Everything is just a matter of playing more, spending more, and getting stronger, without any actual custom builds.

In a good game, you could choose between a few different items, each of which would be good for different things. In Shadowland Online, all you do is get a stronger version of each item-slot, with only one end result. Even your choice of heroes is pretty limited — Only 3 of them are decent at all. Meanwhile, you also have no real choice of abilities — Your heroes only have one ability that they cast. I believe it would be a significant improvement if we had not just a “talent tree” which is really more like another tech tree, but had another building which could actually learn and level up different abilities for heroes to use. If a hero had multiple abilities, then it would cast one of them at random, I suppose — Since the player has no control over combat.

That’s another thing — the player has no control over the combat, choosing which abilities to cast, and when. I think it would be great if we could actually have a button to click above a hero when they have full morale to trigger their ability with.

My above suggestions would be much harder to implement, but I do have one simple suggestion that could easily give the players a bit of choice. It would be neat if the different items were actually… different… For example, having some armors give less physical defense than other armors of the same level, while giving more troops commanded. Such would allow a player to, sort of, lean a character towards dps by gaining troops for damage while losing physical defense.

Of course, based on the past, none of this will ever be implemented. But I really think the game would be a lot better if the player had some choices on how to play, rather than it just being a game of every item being a stronger version of the last, with nothing different about it at all.

One more thing, which is easy to do, and would really make the gameplay a lot more fun for newer players:

Scale login rewards and crazy adventure rewards related to gold and food, with the player’s level. At the moment, players have more gold and food than they know what to do with, until they start fortifying the expensive items much later into the game. This makes the game very boring, because nobody actually needs to upgrade dwellings for collecting taxes, since they get almost all of their gold from other sources, instead.

What I suggest:

As daily login rewards, rather than 10k/10k + 500BA/20k/30k+ 1kBA/40k/50k/60k+ 1kPrestige:

A solid amount of:

200g x THLVL
300g x THLVL + 50BA x THLVL
500g x THLVL + 100BA x THLVL
750g x THLVL + 150BA x THLVL
1000g x THLVL + 200BA x THLVL
1250g x THLVL + 250BA x THLVL
1500g x THLVL + 300BA x THLVL

Would be more appropriate. The average player, on his second day of playing, who would probably be around level 15, would be collecting 4,500 gold and 750 BA, which is much more appropriate for his level than 10,000 gold at the previous login reward. This would also remove the annoying situation of trying to bank 10,000 gold from login rewards on your first day of playing. This would mean that a level 100 player, on his 7th day in a row of logins, would collect 150,000g + 30,000 BA, which is much more appropriate to a level 100 than the solid bonus of 60kg, which is nothing at that level.

The consecutive time login rewards need drastic change. They total at 95,000 gold, 50 prestige, and 1,500 BA total in the first 3 hours of a player’s gametime, and this amount is repeated every day. This amount of gold is too high for new players to hold and spend; it again stops them from having any reason to upgrade their dwellings, since taxes hardly supply any form of gold compared to other sources.

I suggest that these be changed from:

1kg/1kg/1kg/1kg/1kg/10kg + 50 prestige/2kg/2kg/2kg/2kg/2kg/20kg + 500BA/3kg/3kg/3kg/3kg/3kg/30kg + 1kBA to:

75 x THLVL gold
75 x THLVL gold
75 x THLVL gold
75 x THLVL gold
75 x THLVL gold
75 x THLVL gold
250 x THLVL gold + 50 x THLVL BA
100 x THLVL gold
100 x THLVL gold
100 x THLVL gold
100 x THLVL gold
100 x THLVL gold
400 x THLVL gold + 100 x THLVL BA
150 x THLVL gold
150 x THLVL gold
150 x THLVL gold
150 x THLVL gold
150 x THLVL gold
600 x THLVL gold + 200

With these numbers, asumming the player saved the rewards for the end of his three-hour login for maximum rewards, a level 15 player at the end if his first day would be getting: 43,125 gold + 2,250 BA + 200 Prestige, which I believe is much more appropriate than the total of 95,000 gold + 1500 BA + 50 Prestige at that level.

For a level 100 player, to whom the previous rewards would be useless, the player would with the new numbers receive a total reward of 287,500 gold + 35,000 BA throughout the day, which would be more appropriate at that level, with such expensive fortifications.

Now, the daily logins and consecutive login rewards were already an issue, but the new Crazy Adventure is what creates the biggest problem for new players who are trying to keep space in their treasury, and can’t accept quest rewards.

At the moment, I generally collect on average 100k-300k gold and 50-200k Food, which is way too much for a lower leveled player to be able to spend, while that amount of gold is still not much for a higher leveled player.

Again, I suggest changing these values to scale with the level of a player’s town hall, so that early level players won’t be overwhelmed by the rewards. Fragments have pretty much the same value at every level, so the fragment rewards can stay the same, but gold/food/ba rewards need to be lower at lower levels, and higher at higher levels. At the moment, rewards are balanced for players who are in the 40-60 level range, while they are way too high for people below those levels, and too low for people above those levels.

I also suggest doubling the amount of tax increased by dwellings. At the moment, tax levies are only a very small piece of a player’s income. Most of a player’s gold comes from things he gets automatically just for being there, such as Crazy Adventure and Daily Logins. It would be more interesting if players who actually focused on upgrading their dwellings would have a decent amount of gold income from them to show for it.

Bottom of the line: Early players get far too much gold from daily sources like login rewards and crazy adventure, while late players don’t get enough. The value of things such as daily rewards, consecutive login rewards, and crazy adventure chests, need to scale with the level of the player. Dwellings also need an increase in their production in order to give players more incentive to actually upgrade them for a source of income.

Flag Post

Please release the MISSING equipment from sets. (many are incomplete, and its been over 1 year… get off lazy bums)

Heck, please just release MORE equipment, period!

Edit instead of new post

Can you guys make a new weapon, lvl range 67-80, with fort of 17 or +18 please?
I suggest, lvl 75 green: base damage=110, fort bonus=
18, and scaled base price and scaled price per fort (you guys know the math).

Flag Post

Crazy Adventure: Should be able to flag a square. Ctrl+Click or something of the like.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaosguard:

Crazy Adventure: Should be able to flag a square. Ctrl+Click or something of the like.

+1

Flag Post

Would be nice to have tab for sent mail.

Flag Post

Please make equipment that are in same set, be SAME LEVEL… please!
A 9 level difference in same set is just bad programming. (or typo when programmer put type it in)