*** Suggestions ***

789 posts

Flag Post

Before posting, please review the list of previously submitted suggestions.

If you have a new idea for an improvement to the game please post below giving as much detail as you can (e.g. What your suggestion is AND why you believe it would improve the game).

Flag Post

Common Suggestions

1. Introduce build queue for builders (similar to current army bar system)
  2. Introduce ‘army bar’ system for blacksmith
  3. Introduce ‘reset’ button to start over (without creating a new account)
  4. Introduce ‘delete’ button to remove characters from account (now that multiple characters are allowed)
  5. Allow deputy leader to upgrade alliance techs.

6. Introduce ‘mail all’ to alliance (for leaders / deputies).
  7. Reset final sanctuary quest each day (if completed) – give all players the same advantages as those who knew not to complete and farm (currently level 40)
  8. Remove countdown from movement in sanctuary quests – simply reduce total time by 15s on movement.
  9. Introduce better rewards for PVP – e.g. gain some gold and/or BA in addition to prestige.
  10. On changing character class reset stats to class default & restore available purifies.

11. Introduce ‘end battle’ button to legion fights.
  12. Introduce confirmation dialog to diamond expenditure (e.g. Cave)
  13. Allow drafting of troops when close to army limit – cap any draft so as not to exceed limit (e.g. Max army of 100k, Current strength 80k, Max Draft of 30k…. pressing draft would only add 20k troops).
  14. Refine / remove the word filter – let the moderators use their judgement to uphold the rules.
  15. Increase wages for different titles in relation to the effort required to gain that title.

16. Introduce a mechanism for training formations other than on a ‘per fight’ basis.
  17. Introduce a ‘sub bench’ to allow training of heroes not currently hired.
  18. Increase size of alliance noticeboard (more characters).
  19. Show actual time left in Auction House rather than ‘long’, ‘extremely long’, etc.
  20. Highlight alliance members of map.

21. Increase the gold reward from the mines outside of town!
  22. Guarantee at least 1 CG reward from mines outside of town each day!
  23. Guarantee at least 1 CG reward from levies every day!
  24. Increase the Capital Mine / Farm bonus by area level (e.g. 11-30 = level x 500, 31 – 60 = level x 750, 60 – 80 = level x 1000)
  25. Remove 1 Diamond cost to end training early.

26. Option for fullscreen mode.
  27. Allow movement of items between bags in inventory.
  28. Remove the ‘you lost the battle’ pop-up for all battles lost after the first!
  29. Give a warning of low troop numbers, 10%?, before allowing an army to enter into battle.
  30. Allow characters to change RACE (for a suitable fee) and choose a new class, etc (see no. 10).

31. Some other tangible benefit of being in an alliance, e.g. alliance only area in gate of ages, alliance only equipment
  32. Alliance vault (donate unwanted gear, leader/deputy can distribute to members).
  33. Make sure all the current sets are completable BEFORE adding new set pieces (and stop removing them randomly).
  34. Implement a mechanism for changing players names (particularly inappropriate ones).
  35. Change chat chan. filters – e.g. World ONLY, Country ONLY, Alliance ONLY, Team ONLY & ‘Everything’.

36. Add ‘remove all’ on equip page to strip a hero with one click.
  37. ‘Survival mode’ / ‘solo mode’ for legions.

Flag Post

Adopted Suggestions

1. Alter army cooldown (introduce maximum cooldown, introduce cooldown ‘bars’)
  2. Introduce multiple characters per account.
  3. Introduce system by which inactive alliance leader can be replaced.
  4. Display ‘critical’ hits in a different colour / manner (to make them stand out).
  5. New ‘BA’ Techs introduced.

6. Blacksmith remember last forted item.

Flag Post

Reserved for Developer Feedback

It would be useful if the developers could reply to the common suggestions listed above (and any future suggestions) stating if they’ve been rejected (and why), or accepted (and the priority given).

Flag Post

Looks great but gonna take awhile before they decide on all the many ideas

Flag Post

Please make it so that you can search for people by name on the map. I dont like spending lots of time searching for people and i eventually just give up looking for them. This would also help alliances who have lots of people because if you try to take a sub from someone then you can find them and see if they are in the alliance before attacking them.

Flag Post

fufer15,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will submit it to the devs.:)

Flag Post

some sort of sorting system for inventory would be wonderful. just auto sorted all items by type and level with one click

Flag Post

Where to even begin?
There’s a problem with characters/accounts. the first is that your first time playing there’s no way of knowing what picking a race/hero means in terms of skills/stats/talent building to pick your favorite the first time without researching it and trying a game out is the best way to see if you like it.
The second is that there is no way to delete characters
the 3rd is that while you can have 2 characters on an account there is no way to play them simultaneously which makes fortifying/upgrading constantly pretty much impossible especially if you want the 3 hour login bonus for both and is also just terribly inconvenient.
the 4th is that alternative accounts are not allowed
the 5th is that the rules are not easy to find i tried looking for like 10 minutes or so before creating an account and didn’t find out until a GM said otherwise on world chat (i tried looking for them again and still can’t even find where that’s stated)
the 6th is that while you could have 2 characters on one account and it’s allowed you cannot have 2 accounts with one character each even though it’s the only way to play simultaneously
the 7th is even after finding out that it’s against the rules i have no way of deleting my alt account nor the character which makes it tempting to still play especially since i’ve put so much time into it now and i did buy diamonds on my main account and i liked this game a lot and now it’s like you’re punching me in the gut because i can’t try out different heroes (and the only interaction i had between the accounts was making my alt a subordinate though i haven’t focused on levy income or anything) and i’m willing to not be superior/subordinate anymore (in fact i’m not anymore cause i’m in different region).
the 8th is that there’s no way to swap between races (coupled with limited characters/accounts + no way to delete) I can’t just make my main the hero i decide i want him to be.
the 9th is i feel like i’m being punished for enjoying your game and wanting to try out a different hero

Flag Post

Everyone shouldn’t be threated differently, I just discovered that a GM gave 200 diamonds for free to another player on the frost server

Flag Post

would it by any chance be Alahakba? I’m pretty sure IceFox isn’t into unfairness

Flag Post

I want sanc quest above 40.

Flag Post
Originally posted by niameRoTesiR:

would it by any chance be Alahakba? I’m pretty sure IceFox isn’t into unfairness

Yes

Flag Post

dear devs
it takes 1line of coding to see what we are selling on market

Flag Post
Originally posted by OtisU:

Where to even begin?
There’s a problem with characters/accounts. the first is that your first time playing there’s no way of knowing what picking a race/hero means in terms of skills/stats/talent building to pick your favorite the first time without researching it and trying a game out is the best way to see if you like it.
the 3rd is that while you can have 2 characters on an account there is no way to play them simultaneously which makes fortifying/upgrading constantly pretty much impossible especially if you want the 3 hour login bonus for both and is also just terribly inconvenient.
the 5th is that the rules are not easy to find i tried looking for like 10 minutes or so before creating an account and didn’t find out until a GM said otherwise on world chat (i tried looking for them again and still can’t even find where that’s stated)
the 6th is that while you could have 2 characters on one account and it’s allowed you cannot have 2 accounts with one character each even though it’s the only way to play simultaneously
the 7th is even after finding out that it’s against the rules i have no way of deleting my alt account nor the character which makes it tempting to still play especially since i’ve put so much time into it now and i did buy diamonds on my main account and i liked this game a lot and now it’s like you’re punching me in the gut because i can’t try out different heroes (and the only interaction i had between the accounts was making my alt a subordinate though i haven’t focused on levy income or anything) and i’m willing to not be superior/subordinate anymore (in fact i’m not anymore cause i’m in different legion).
the 8th is that there’s no way to swap between races (coupled with limited characters/accounts + no way to delete) I can’t just make my main the hero i decide i want him to be.
the 9th is i feel like i’m being punished for enjoying your game and wanting to try out a different hero

1. Better descriptions would definitely help.
2. Already suggested multiple times, see second post
3. Can you not play each in a separate browser? (I don’t know, was just a thought)
4. Correct. You’re suggestion is? It would improve the game how?
5. link (they’re stickied at the top of the forum)
6. Kinda repeating/expanding on no. 4
7. Kinda repeating/expanding on no. 2
8. Already suggested multiple times, see second post
9. And your suggestion is? It would improve the game how?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maxdamage49:

Everyone shouldn’t be threated differently, I just discovered that a GM gave 200 diamonds for free to another player on the frost server

I’m pretty sure you’ll find that was nothing ‘official’… (e.g. GMs can’t create diamonds to give away as ‘rewards’ or whatever)… What one player chooses to do with his or her diamonds is entirely up to that player – I know of several players who have given diamonds (or ‘expensive’ equipment) away at different times while I’ve been playing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OtisU:

Where to even begin?
the 7th is even after finding out that it’s against the rules i have no way of deleting my alt account nor the character which makes it tempting to still play especially since i’ve put so much time into it now and i did buy diamonds on my main account and i liked this game a lot and now it’s like you’re punching me in the gut because i can’t try out different heroes (and the only interaction i had between the accounts was making my alt a subordinate though i haven’t focused on levy income or anything) and i’m willing to not be superior/subordinate anymore (in fact i’m not anymore cause i’m in different legion).

It sounded to me like you were making the same complaint 9 times with different words. And try posting in a different thread, this thread is for making suggestions for things to add, not complaining about the rules.

Anyway, I would like to create in-depth ways to carry out some of my favorite suggestions from above:

2. Introduce ‘army bar’ system for blacksmith

I believe that a 10-slot queue for fortifications would be a good idea. It would save players the annoying effort of clicking it every 3 minutes, while still requiring them to be logged in enough that developers can get paid. I also propose an expansion onto this idea: Allowing players to spend 1 diamond to add 10 items to the queue. While you may believe that this sounds too cheap, that would actually be costing 48 diamonds a day if a player wanted to keep his queue going at all times.

10. On changing character class reset stats to class default & restore available purifies.

This should also return the diamond cost of the purification as cash gift.

17. Introduce a ‘sub bench’ to allow training of heroes not currently hired.

I believe that this would be wonderful. A simple and effective way of doing this would be to allow a player to have 10 hired heroes at a time, while still restricting the amount that can be placed in a formation at any given time to 5. This would also remove the annoying hassle of moving tons of equipment when gearing different heroes, especially when you need to keep separate amounts of physical and magical sets in case you wanted 5 physical heroes, or 5 magical heroes.

32. Alliance vault (donate unwanted gear, leader/deputy can distribute to members).

It would be too risky to allow free transfer of items. I won’t say why, because I don’t want to give anyone any ideas. But I suggest instead adding an “Alliance Only” option in the Auction House, just like the “Alliance only” option in legion battles, so that players could sell unwanted items specifically to other alliance members; most people would probably sell them at lower prices than what they would normally have in an open Auction. The alliance auction should still have a minimum price of 5 diamonds, in order to prevent free item transfers.

35. Change chat chan. filters – e.g. World ONLY, Country ONLY, Alliance ONLY, Team ONLY & ‘Everything’.

This would not always be preferable, since players may want a combination of chats enabled. I instead suggest having a checklist, allowing a player to check a box next to World, Country, Alliance, Team, and Private to show messages from those specific chat rooms at once, and click directly on the word of World/Country/Alliance/Team/Private to make one’s own messages be entered in the clicked word of the chatroom. So, clicking the box would enable receiving chat from the room; clicking the word would make your outgoing messages appear in that room.

37. ‘Survival Mode’ / ‘solo mode’ for legions.

I do believe that it would be neat if a player were able to solo. Of course, due to how easy this might make the game, I instead suggest making waves on sides with no players at the start be split and added among the 1-3 players in the front of the other three sides. So, if a player was alone, he would have to fight 20 waves of 5 squadrons each all by himself, which would be very difficult, but fun.

Ideas that I support: 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 26, 27, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37

Flag Post

A quick suggestion…

Reason:
Confusion, needless(?) attacks;
(New?) people from alliances attack and steal food from alliance members, maybe not knowing they are from same alliance.

Solutions:
Name-colors, warning or protection-buttons;
By changing name-colors of alliance members to green (or any other color) it would make it more obvious that the person you’re looking at/targeting is from the same alliance. Whether this is on the map, arena, in legions or in the leader-boards (or other places I forgot to mention)
By warning the player each time you attempt to do an offensive action against an alliance member… E.g. “You are about to attack/steal from an alliance member. This is frowned upon, and should be avoided without consent.”
By adding a button to enable alliance-protection. No timer, just accept alliance attacks/thievery, or disallow it.

Just another consideration to the bunch :)

Flag Post

Posted by Donseptico in response to me (can’t get the blockquote to work right sorry)
“1. Better descriptions would definitely help.
2. Already suggested multiple times, see second post
3. Can you not play each in a separate browser? (I don’t know, was just a thought)
4. Correct. You’re suggestion is? It would improve the game how?
5. ”http://www.kongregate.com/forums/106-shadowland-online/topics/220912-slo-world-channel-rules" rel="nofollow">link (they’re stickied at the top of the forum)
6. Kinda repeating/expanding on no. 4
7. Kinda repeating/expanding on no. 2
8. Already suggested multiple times, see second post
9. And your suggestion is? It would improve the game how?"

they weren’t all suggestions they were trying to show a multi-faceted problem that wouldn’t be so much of a problem if they didn’t all play into each other. (so yeah it’s repetitive and plays into each other and brings up points people have suggested numerous times)
Maybe you could do something such as allowing both characters on an account to be logged in at once so you can develop 2 characters at the same time or allowing us to delete characters. This way we can try different mains with different set ups and play around and spend more time enjoying the game
as for 9 i don’t know if it’ll help the game but right now without it being enforced the only ones suffering are the rule-followers who even find out about the rule; and that will be after they’ve been playing for a while because it isn’t clearly written in an easy to find place i only found out because a GM said so in world chat and for i finally stopped only using country/alliance chat because i was looking for legions to join otherwise i may never have found out and just assumed that it was general people looking down on people abusing alts not that it wasn’t allowed. What would improve the game is allowing your customers to actually play around on a game they want to enjoy. Not being confined to one or two classes that they have to put exceedingly extra effort into trying out and playing with. Maybe you could add an official way to link accounts and prevent auction house transactions and subordinates/superiors between those accounts. I don’t want to have to play on different servers in different alliances and try to keep up with multiple conversations at once though the multi-tasking of having 2 accounts where i have different heros and setups and strategies is fun and engaging with less time spent just waiting on cooldowns. And i’m kind of turned off now because i’m feeling oppressed for wanting to do this.
and as for 5) i don’t see anything on that link about multiple accounts or alts (besides someone asking what the views were and it wasn’t answered).

Also at TLIOInferno it’s a problem….suggestions come from problems/things that could be imrpoved; i put the problem out there so people could do something about it but I don’t have an end-all be all solution so i’m posting it here because I don’t see a better place to post something to bring about changes in the game or at least start getting suggestions for changing it/considering changing it.

Flag Post

I’m not going to make more walls of text by quoting you, but, seriously, you need to stop repeatedly posting those issues here. If you bothered to read the first post of the thread, you’d see that your complaint was already addressed.

Flag Post

Well i guess everyone has noticed that fortification % rates and market values are changing at very irregular intervals, and we all hope this is fixed soon.
I suggest that when the correction is made to fort rate and market value, that the improved version is actually every 30 minutes and every hour on the hour.
Eg. 13:00 13:30 14:00 14:30 and so on.

Thanks

Flag Post

It doesn’t seem to be just irregular it seems to be “fixed” in some way. I have noticed on Frost we get a % of like 98% for 1 fortify and then it drops down to like 70% and less for the next hour…seems like the devs are conspiring against us…lol

Flag Post

One suggestion only.

Make it so the host of a legion battle can remove any player the choose.

And that player can not rejoin.

That is all I ask.

Since you will not get rid of alt’s…

Flag Post

My (easy to do) suggestion is to change the picture to skip a battle (the square) to a “real” skip sign, to prevent confusion.

With a "real"skip sign I mean a triangle forward with a bar at the end ( “>|” OR “>>|”)

I know some people who do not press that button (at first) because they think it lets them forfeit / auto-lose the match to quickly quit it.

Flag Post

Dear RiseToRemain, we have fixed that problem, and sorry for the inocnvenience before.
and dear gattacaace, i will report your idea to devs.
@nafets112, thanks for your suggestion, I will submit it to the devs, They will think about it.