where'd the fun go...

15 posts

Flag Post

Yeah, seriously. What’s there to do in this “game” anymore? log in for months, pray you get a 0.5% chance drop, then spend weeks forting it, weeks leveling heroes… or you can spend diamonds on a lucky turning that ain’t so lucky (unless you want gold/food/ba/prestige). people quitting left and right, frustrated with drop rates the devs don’t want you to see.

Look, we all know devs gotta pay bills, but your game also has to have some enjoyment in it to make players want to play. Want to make the game fun again? Many people have had some good suggestions and here’s a few of them:

*Have another x-mas type event. that was one of the best times in this game. Lots of special items, CG reward, etc.
*Add trading option player to player. Requiring diamonds and chancing a trade is intercepted on the AH is not enjoyable. Give the option to lock the item and time limits. Person A can borrow item B for 4 hours and cannot change stats of said item.
*Increase the gold mines significantly. Once per hour should net far more than 2000 gold. 9 per day is barely 20K on average. for a player greater than level 40, this isn’t even worth the effort for the abysmal chance for 10 cash gift.
*Multiply the daily rewards by the player level. 100 gold for farming once is silly.
*Increase the hero base training speed. The experience on the 8 hour rate for a level 60+ hero is so low you’d have to wait weeks to level.
*Change the drop rates. Make it so one always drops once per player then has a building % rate over time. 0.5% this time. next time it’s 1%. so eventually you’ll actually have some chance of getting said item.

feel free to add other suggestions.

Flag Post

Daily darkness spins would be nice…

Flag Post

Personally I think the success chance for forting equipment is stupid. It should be 100% always.

Flag Post

I’m not sure about the escalating drop rates, but the drop rates for lv 78+ items does need to increase. Spending hundreds and hundreds of attacks to farm 1 item you need is absurd. That alone has taken the fun out of the game more than anything else.

Flag Post

Not sure why I’m still playing to be honest lol

Flag Post

because of me? no other reason

Flag Post

The fun died

Flag Post

Another typical “free to play” MMORTS

Flag Post

I agree with megamanx321

Flag Post

More equipment variety/options would make me more happy and would increase my fun.
I’m still using the lvl 1 greens and I’m lvl 30 TH (26 heroes) now…

Sad these type of games require multiple log ins each day to play.
I’d like to login once, queue up everything and go :D.

Flag Post

For me the most irritating thing in this game is the forting system. You press a button every 3 minutes. The same goes for heroes training. It doesn’t make sense, it’s idiotic. Why not make it the same as it is on other servers, with cumulative cooldowns? I know, I should have registered on another server if this is my problem, but I didn’t want to start over again. Also I agree with the points made in the OP. A lot of good suggestions have been made in the suggestions thread, and very few of them have been implemented. I really like this game, but I’m afraid I will get bored in the future.

Flag Post

You guys may want to look at what happened to that Utopia Kingdom game (which was almost the same as this game with a few less things to do) and make sure you avoid the same fate. Maybe remove the increasing cool downs which basically force players to quit playing once they become absurdly long… It wouldn’t be terrible to be able to hire all the commanders at once too and just use the ones you want but have them all equipped and maybe have multiple, fast swap formations set up with different commanders in each. Just some common sense ideas that give people something to do and a reason to need more items. Also, you have the same flaw with your premium currency. You use random chance to determine if someone actually benefits from using the currency. One guy could spend &5 and get an awesome benefit. Another player could literally spend $10000 and have bad rolls every time and not get anything good… Shouldn’t you expect equal benefit for equal cost?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pzweig:

You guys may want to look at what happened to that Utopia Kingdom game (which was almost the same as this game with a few less things to do) and make sure you avoid the same fate. Maybe remove the increasing cool downs which basically force players to quit playing once they become absurdly long… It wouldn’t be terrible to be able to hire all the commanders at once too and just use the ones you want but have them all equipped and maybe have multiple, fast swap formations set up with different commanders in each. Just some common sense ideas that give people something to do and a reason to need more items. Also, you have the same flaw with your premium currency. You use random chance to determine if someone actually benefits from using the currency. One guy could spend &5 and get an awesome benefit. Another player could literally spend $10000 and have bad rolls every time and not get anything good… Shouldn’t you expect equal benefit for equal cost?

That is because gambling is an addiction, and ALL games that have micro-transations, has to have some form of gambling in it.
Its a rule or something :roll_eyes: I didn’t know this game was this old, still seems incomplete to me, bah whatever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pzweig:

I played Utopia Kindoms, what you said is true, it’s just like this only more focused on pvp. It did have the ever increasing cooldowns, however not to the extreme that SLO has.
SLO takes a lot of patience, which many people don’t have, waiting for nearly a day to upgrade one tech is definitely absurd.
And I do agree on pzweig on the lucky turning issue, however I don’t think it’s as bad as what he made it out to be, I’ve seen people roll once and get exactly what they wanted, I’ve also seen people complain that they don’t get what they want after 20 (or so) turns. However, I sincerely doubt that 1 player could spend 10 thousand dollars on this game and get nothing in return. It is of course possible, however the probabilities of it happening are extremely slim.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator