Declaration of Anti-Robot Device

18 posts

Flag Post

Copied from main SLO forum (link)

Dear players,

In order to maintain a balanced and fair game environment and protect players’ benefits in Shadowland Online , we are committed to take measures to punish those players who sabotage gameplay by cheating and using robot.

Specific punishment measures are as follows:

1, Anyone who uses robot to buy items in auction, participate in Capital Battles and other regular fights in the Gate of Ages shall be account-blocked once found.

2, Anyone who takes advantages of bugs shall be account-blocked once found.

3, Anyone who spreads or makes robot device intentionally shall be account-blocked once found.

Hereby, we sincerely give a warning to those players who are likely to have such cheating behaviors. Please cherish your account, otherwise, you will be too late to be regretful once you are forced to say goodbye to your lovely characters and friends in game.

For those who may of missed it otherwise.

Flag Post

I agree with SLO.
On the other hand, one can’t help but consider that spending an hour, sitting in front of the display, doing nothing but clicking a mine/field/castle/fortress/whatever once every 10 seconds, it’s beyond sanity.

In my humble opinion, implementing an “anti boredom device” should be considered.
Progressing in this game is a way too slow: more strategy/fighting and less gambling (lucky turning, crazy adventure, drop rates) could help.

Thanks

Flag Post

In order to maintain a balanced and fair game environment, you will no longer be allowed to use the same tools that people currently playing at high levels were, leaving you stranded increasingly far behind them?

Can we at least abandon any pretence that this is for fairness?

Flag Post

Well I guess it won’t be difficult hosting legions during cap hour anymore, if any upsides about point 1; part 2.

Are you saying somebody actually made a bot for auction house?

With robots/robot device do you mean automation software?

Are you SURE doing 1.2 will “sabotage gameplay”? Never seen anyone complaining about it really. – And when talking about balanced and fair game environment and protecting players’ benefits, DIAMONDS??

How will you catch people using such?

I appreciate that you try to make the game a better experience, but that still lies on fixing bugs and adding features/implenting good suggestions – not punishing people who just do what everyone else are doing. Thanks for reading.

Flag Post

Quick fix suggestions:

Capital battle – make the food/gold accumulate every 10s, so you can click anytime and get all you accumulated instead of having to click every 10s

Auction house – add some auction options like only for specific player, alliance only etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thant:

Quick fix suggestions:

Capital battle – make the food/gold accumulate every 10s, so you can click anytime and get all you accumulated instead of having to click every 10s

Auction house – add some auction options like only for specific player, alliance only etc.

and make the dragon training ground “speed up” every 3h instead of every 10 min (ofcourse with 18x as much xp gain)…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cine:
Originally posted by thant:

Quick fix suggestions:

and make the dragon training ground “speed up” every 3h instead of every 10 min (ofcourse with 18x as much xp gain)…

Well ok, infinite cumulation would be a bit too much, but capping it at like 3-5 times (so capping after 30-50 s) sounds reasonable. Just like the stacking cooldowns we used to get occasionally after maintenances.

Flag Post

i agree with an auto-accumulation for capital. I sat through the hour twice in the year i have been playing manualy. That was becuase i was working a grarbage sale and had nothing else to do. If the capital is uncontested, then why not an auto gathering? If the capital is contested (i.e. more than one alliance vieing for the cap) then all autos are off. there fore this spurrs competition for the cap.
As for training the extention of speed up and greater exp would be a good remedy. The thing is many of these activities are fine if the cool down factor is a few minuets. but when you get into the 30min to hours range, well you want to go do something else than watch a timer countdown. Thus many turn on the auto thing and go do some landry…or whatever.
The auction house and areana things i do not understand how folks use an auto to do anything for those, but those activites should be stopped if you are directly harming other folks. but training and digging for gold really and truly hurts no one. Sure it give a slight edge in time, but not anything that will immediatly hurt folks. If anything how about put in your own auto options? Therefore no worries what so ever and if a 3rd party bot is used, well there ya go. Nine million ways to die, choose one. ;)

Flag Post

Yes yes yes and yes! The accumulative cooldown system is exactly what will solve such issues dear administration. That we sometimes get them after maintenances, a server reboot bug; proves that the system for the kongregate servers have this implented as well, including the clients. For some reason they have chosen to disable it. If anyone have seen a thread or post about that, where they explain why, please tell me about it.
Like, why are there such differences between the different sites? I don’t understand at all how that provides us a stunning game experience. :/

Flag Post

As I have thought a little more on this an in game auto thing for training, digging (uncontested capital hours) should be a good fix for 3rd party auto clickers. But these auto things can only be turned on if the game is open, so no logg off to wake up the next day with all lvs up. You have to keep the machine running so to speak. That is all most folks should need an auto for, and I purposely left out fortification becuase of its fluxuations. Chrisis1993’s suggestion of cooldowns is not a bad one either, I would certanly be glued to the screen on this game if cooldowns caped at 0 to 10 mins (that range becuase of santuary battle time and adverage of legion wait times). Or just flat out kick almost everyone from the game, for many have benifited from such practices, not for nefarious means mind you, to aid in the growth of their kingdoms and slay the beast of boredom. In the end, we are at the mercy of your wisdom and whims. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rasstis:

In the end, we are at the mercy of your wisdom and whims. ;)

you assume they have either… there is neither in this game. quit now while you still have enough sanity to realize it.

Flag Post

The moderators can tell the difference between a well made bot automatically clicking fortify every three minutes + a random time up to 30 seconds compared to a player clicking fortify every 3 minutes. Everything in this game is set up to where the bot action is identical to the player action. Any programmable bot program would work since the timers are set and feedback control is not even needed. You click the same locations every single time and don’t need to see the results because the same clicks are always giving the same results and you need to click fortify 100+ times for each of 50 different items and wait 3 minutes in between. I guess it would be too hard to program the forge to just say a price and upgrade as far as possible with one click and no timer… Of course then the forge couldn’t fail randomly (A real show of skills that one player’s item upgrades and the other’s fails. I guess one person knew how to “click it” more skillfully. Really… ) This same moronic system is used for your stat upgrades, your items, your battles, etc. You can overcome these “challenges” of he random number generator by simply repeating more times until you roll lucky.

Flag Post

Their entire business strategy revolves around making you so bored that you spend real money to remove cool down timers. That’s why they have come out against bots, and that’s why they aren’t going to implement any of these suggestions to lessen the cool down timers, or make them cumulative or anything. They only make money when you get too impatient to wait. Apparently they worry more about things like this than fixing bugs in their game to keep players, which isn’t very smart. More players = more money, even with those who find work-arounds to cheat the system costing you money. The focus should be on improving the game, before you lose all of your players.

Flag Post

Just curious how serious rule number 2, “Anyone who takes advantages of bugs shall be account-blocked once found”, is?

I mean the person who was loudest about using the last bug to basically bypass crypt, just got made a GM.

Flag Post

ZQ should not ban bots, instead ZQ should make the game such that it would be fun to play the game without bots.
Baning solves no problems, instead it starts to cause false-positives and starts to cause more problems to legit players.

Flag Post

Just curious if something what I think of as a ‘bug’, reported 3 month ago as a bug and not fixed yet can be considered as an advantageous ‘feature’?

Flag Post

I agree with the admins on the first point.
I don’t really know how anyone can use a robot to buy items in auction or in arena or that stuff… But if it hurts other players assets (diamonds), it should be stopped.

When that is said, I don’t think that anyone would sit and click every 10 seconds in the cap battle (when uncontested = only one alliance is in the “battle”). I don’t see how bad a robot can be in that situation??? Also, it will take an extremely long time to train a hero form 0-80 or maybe even 0-100 without a robot. If that is cheat, I think I’ll quit this game out of boredom! Which is really a shame, because it is quite addictive.

Instead of banning players using bots for uncontested cap battles and training heroes, shouldn’t they look at some of all the awesome suggestion from the players? Isn’t that how you keep the game flowing, and the players happy?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Barfoed91:

I don’t really know how anyone can use a robot to buy items in auction

Network activity on your computer can be monitored and saved temporarily on your computer for a custom made program to analyze and then also act like a advanced macro tool. Whether that is possible or not for this game and it’s auction house system I don’t know. If you think you are capable of making such a thing, don’t even consider it as you may realize it’s stealing at some points! The reason I know that is because I’m working on programs that have to do that (analyze part), which are not related to cheating at all just to make that clear.
If you as a player should notice your good offers sell very quick, or your trades gets hijacked (improve the trading system devs!!!), make sure you mention it in the chat and even note down the timestamp if you think it’s a little suspicious. If someone actually have a working bot, it will affect many players, and if many of those report it the admins should (should!) be able to check who bought it if you give them the exact or approximate time.

For devs:

Players using such a tool should be easier to pick out if you log how many times each player search the auction house each day.

It’s good that you are declaring this as not allowed, but you are including more in this declaration than reasonable (I know it’s a paste from main forums but saying it here, maybe zq wanders by).