C.O. Tip of the Day

30 posts

Flag Post

#1. In case of reset CD Bug (when after reset you still have long CD waiting time) just watch any strategy and you ll get fresh CD right away.
Your C.O.

Flag Post

#2. Magic immunes (evictors) are not that immune :). If you put strong ph. weapon and ph.rings on your mage (shaman, cerb or rhea) you can hit immunes hard.
See proof link – Cerb with roar +200 killing evictors in T2.
http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10536716
Your C.O.

Flag Post

#3. Possibility of getting unique recast, great drop or spin 3000 cg is random. But that random possibility is same for everybody on whole server at every particular moment.
So if you see someone spin 500 cg – time to do Darkness spin and get your 3000 cg, if you see someone post in chat ‘OMG i just got unique recast on my gnome blade!!!!’ maybe its good time to recast your AOWG.
Your C.O.

Flag Post
Originally posted by makf01:

#3. Possibility of getting unique recast, great drop or spin 3000 cg is random. But that random possibility is same for everybody on whole server at every particular moment.
So if you see someone spin 500 cg – time to do Darkness spin and get your 3000 cg, if you see someone post in chat ‘OMG i just got unique recast on my gnome blade!!!!’ maybe its good time to recast your AOWG.
Your C.O.

What is your source on this? It just seems like a highly illogical way of programming the recast system, and I’ve heard many theories by players, but none who have been confirmed.

Flag Post

#4. Capital Bug. Even if your alliance lost capital in your region you can go to region that your alliance hold and try to collect, you will fail, but when you get back to your region you can collect gold and food.
Your C.O.

@Galroth – try to spin or recast at exactly same moment from few different chars and see for yourself. And btw dont expect logic from our devs :)

Flag Post

#5. Easiest way to solo t3-t6 legions is 2 hero setup. Main in position 1 and Kalex in position 4 (setup good for N (use char with highest damage), W (requires best ph.def) and E (requires best m.def), sacrify S (sleepers in first wave not good for 2 hero setup).
It requires ten +200 items (2 x hot/hos, holy neck, soa and brave/aowg + 1 pog/roar for main and 1 bog for kalex). You can solo t3 with braves, for t4/t5 you need aowg, t6 not doable without pumps right now)
See link to t4 legion with 2 paladins (N,W) and 1 hatchet (E)
http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10568864

Your C.O.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galroth:

What is your source on this? It just seems like a highly illogical way of programming the recast system, and I’ve heard many theories by players, but none who have been confirmed.

While highly illogical, it is entirely possible that it could have been coded this way. Usually when you use a random number generator you will seed at the beginning of the program with a number (usually the current time) to pick a starting location in a sequence of numbers. So as an example, maybe your sequence of (really bad) random numbers is 1, 6, 3, 4, 9, 7, 2, 8, 5, 0, and the seed starts you off at 9, then the next time you need a random number it would pick 7, then 2, then 8, and so on, looping back around to the start when you hit 0.

However if you are a really bad programmer you will reseed the random number generator with the current time every time you want to request a random number… in this case for 1 whole second every random number you generate will be a 9, then for the next second it will be a 7, and so on. Obviously this is a bit of a simplification, but hopefully you can understand what I mean. This is considered extremely bad by most programmers who know anything about computers, but it is a simple rookie mistake that many people make when they don’t know any better. Given the competency of the SLO devs it wouldn’t surprise me if they made a mistake like this.

Flag Post

These tips are pretty awesome and useful, please keep up the good work.

~ Benthetick ~

Flag Post

#6. CA game – great source for frags! It takes from 0 to 40 d to clear CA completely. And funny thing is that you usually get A LOT MORE frags than you can see in actual CA game. Check # of your frags before and after the game to get pleasant surprise. Only explanation i can see that ‘empty’ chests are not that ‘empty’ after all.
Also to see actual amount of gold and food after CA you have to complete and get reward one of the daily tasks.

Your C.O.

@Benthetick. Thank you! It’s very encouraging!
@Decimus. Thats our devs. :)

Flag Post

Some chests in the CA game give 10 frags, not 1, if you didn’t notice. Of course, given the devs, the empty chests might also actually be filled with something.
§DagonKin§

Flag Post

@DagonKin – Some chests give even 30 frags… its not the point

Flag Post

@CA discussion

You’re thinking too logical! :) The reason we get more in CA than shown, is so beyond your imagination illogical you cannot possibly think of the correct reason by thinking logical. (Sorry for not just telling why, but if you figure it out I hope you would understand.)

Flag Post

Makf = legend :)

Flag Post

#8. To get link to legion report ask your friend to start usual battle right after starting legion, get his report link ## (looks like http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10593348) and check previous ## until you find link to your legion.

Your C.O.

@Chrisis1993 – You absolutely right. Thanks for reminder.
@Labal – Thank you :)

Flag Post

With the rng, in this game, the new random number must come from the server. It’s easy enough to cache the last random num and just distribute that to all the clients.

Flag Post

#9. Quluun is a absolutely must-have hero for all hatchets.
Prooflinks from best hatchets
Last battle of t8 – http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10590712
Last battle of t10 – http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10132143

Your C.O.

Flag Post

#10. To properly equip just one hero (Kalex) you need (shop selling prices)
HOT+200 – 33,458,000
BOG+200 – 65,010,400
2 x Peace Rings+200 – 2 × 16,646,600
SOA+200 – 20,153,240
Holy Neck+200 – 20,987,720
AOWG+200 – 51,003,720
Wrathful Dragon+200 – 41,441,600
Absorption Cloak+100 – 3,070,000
total 268417880
Real price 335522350
With my income roughly – 3 mil/day (700k levy, 1000k arena reward, 60k daily reward, 250k capital mine, 400k food selling, 250k subs, 90k login bonus, 150k prince wage, 20k mine, 25k alliance salary) i need around 111 days to equip just 1 hero.
Conclusion – To achieve success in SLO you have to find additional sources of gold

Your C.O.

Flag Post
Originally posted by makf01:

#10. To properly equip just one hero (Kalex) you need (shop selling prices)

And you need 9×1000 stones to fort them also…
With tower TX, that is X*20 stones a day.
10 TX stone fights a day is 10*(30+5(X-1))/100 stones per day.
CA is 5 stones a day.

So
T1: 9000/(1*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 321 days…
T2: 9000/(2*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 186 days…
T3: 9000/(3*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 130 days…
T4: 9000/(4*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 100 days…
T5: 9000/(5*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 82 days…
T6: 9000/(6*(20+.5)-.5+3+5) = 69 days…

Conclusion – Stones are more critical than gold until a handful of people have forted most of their stuff

Flag Post

@Cine –
Dear CINE – its not 9000, its 8000.
I didn’t mention weapon in list of Kalex equipment (’cause it terms of gold it almost non-existent item).
Stones more critical for players before T3 legion (lets say 55 stones per day (40 from t1-t2, 5 from CA and 10 from farming), 8000/55 = 145 days, 145 > 111). And gold more critical for players in t3 legion and higher.
Conclusion – Trade gold for stones between players who didnt reach t3 legion and players who reached t3 mutually beneficial.

Your C.O.

Flag Post

What happened to this post? I enjoyed read this one.

Flag Post

#11. Arena. Second best way to waste d in SLO (see #6 for best way)
Some tips –
A. In Arena your goal is to get 12 000 honor reward (daily 800 k gold + 15 cg). 50 000 honor reward (daily 1 000 k gold + 20 cg) not worth effort.
B. Setup arena for gold (not for d) and keep your treasury empty – very often low level people will hit you. Huge additional income.
C. Transferring gold through arena – cheapest (compare to usual trading – no losing 20% on degrading and 1d on AH) and easiest way (no risk of losing item in AH) to receive gold from trading and renting equipment
D. If you fighting with someone for temple (for example Virgo) setup smaller temple (for example Cancer) in advance with desired settings (let say – gold, 250 000). It will save you few clicks.

Your C.O.

@Gustapin – Offline life happened.

Flag Post

#12. Hugues > Andromeda ’cause he can dodge
Prooflink – http://kg1.zqgame.com/wos/wosplay.php?play_report=10677276
(just try not to look at his face :)

Your C.O.

Flag Post

Hey, I’m responding mainly to tip #3, Either the developers fixed this bug, or mafk was wrong.
MY alliance lost the capital battle today and I went to the other region where we won, of course, I failed to collect.
I also failed to collect when I went back to the region where my alliance lost.
I’m not saying all of these tips are wrong, I’ve found them to be helpful, logical and well-thought-out, but this time it apparently didn’t work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by billybob152:

Hey, I’m responding mainly to tip #3, Either the developers fixed this bug, or mafk was wrong.
MY alliance lost the capital battle today and I went to the other region where we won, of course, I failed to collect.
I also failed to collect when I went back to the region where my alliance lost.
I’m not saying all of these tips are wrong, I’ve found them to be helpful, logical and well-thought-out, but this time it apparently didn’t work.

Um, sorry, I meant tip #4. Not #3.

Flag Post

@billybob152 – It worked today again on my server – Rothus. And i know that members of 2 big alliances on my server do it every day for very long time.