Suggestions page 20

976 posts

Flag Post

After hitting the 30 second deadline twice in a row in brawl, you’re probably afk. Autopilot should then be enabled for the rest of the battle.

This is a big problem in public brawls – inconsiderate players are wasting lots of peoples time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dingo:

PVP is always going to be hard to balance, because they did not design the game for pvp.” but notice the one line game description “Build a deck and play LIVE against other players or AI!”. If it’s that big of a component to warrant being the primary description, it should be built for it.

Here’s a suggestion (or the beginnings of one at least): have a checkbox for users to opt in when joining a duel that says “wait for a comparable opponent”. Then have it check the relative strength of opponents. I’d define strength as level plus # rare cards plus 2*#epic cards plus 4*#legendary cards. Or something along those lines. Then if the total is within 10%-30% of each other, they can duel.

A simple implementation for balance would first to judge a player by his level and match accordingly in a certain interval. If you win you would then be moved up in your pvp level, either by a set amount or depending on your opponents level. Implementation wise you would only need to store one extra variable, “PvP Level Modifier”, which would be added to your level when matching players. This is of course only a simple solution, but still better than having no solution in what could be a fun pvp game.

Originally posted by StuartK:

After hitting the 30 second deadline twice in a row in brawl, you’re probably afk. Autopilot should then be enabled for the rest of the battle.

This is a big problem in public brawls – inconsiderate players are wasting lots of peoples time.

I would say that at any multi-player battle where a timer is finished the player should automatically turn on auto-combat, it’s not like it’s hard to turn off if you come back.

Flag Post

also, such an autopilot problem could be…interesting. What about those who haven’t unlocked autopilot yet? Will they purposely let time run out twice in a row just to save their skill points?

Flag Post

larger clans. 50 would be nice.

so few people in a clan makes it hard to find active ones.

Flag Post

Agree with bobby71983 ! ! ! ! Nice & needed indeed ! ! !

Flag Post

PvP duel is completely unbalanced now. The best way to balance it in CotD :
- count the deck value of each player – 1 common card for 1 , some grand cards – maybe even for 20.
- the player with weaker deck receive constant bonus for the duel.
- if deck is 1-20% weaker – + 1-20% to crit on each turn
- if difference is larger – player receive another even more poweful bonuses.

Level and even pvp rank means nothing in duel. Only deck value, brain and luck are factors. Everybody will be ready to test brain but relying on more valueable deck is unfair. And not respected.

Flag Post

Ban torment from pvp

Flag Post

What we really need is a card that negates Confusion ! ! ! ! ! ( maybe they exist allr, but never heard of so far ).

Flag Post

we need to remove cycle decks, the battle goes on too long.

Flag Post

Cycle decks last around three turns if you banish. Not overwhelmingly bright to use them in PvP.

Flag Post

People complaining about the pvp duel system have a point but the uneven matches will become less common as the people with better decks go up in level. Just have to be patient while that happens.

Flag Post

…and new people of that level take their place.

Flag Post

Uh, modwolf, at the moment, I am pretty sure there is NO limitations on what level can duel other levels. This means a level 80 fighting a 500 or 600 is very possible. Also, people with a lot of spare money to use on the game are significantly likely to destroy free players of their or better levels pretty easily. Certain legendary or rare draft cards are way, way, WAY more powerful than what you can get from gold packs. There probably is an overpowered promo card or three too

Flag Post

Right now theres no point on mw dueling – it’s about as fair as pitting a kitten against a lion. I’m about level 70 I’m seeing people nearer 200.

They obviously have far, far more better cards and cards in the deck – they may have a low win/loss ratio or be newer but I agree the balance needs to be on strength of deck/level of player as well as right now I’m 0-2 and I won’t touch duels again till well past level 100

Flag Post

I dont think level is a problem, just level up lol. The problem is torment lockers, if they go first they win, unless you got tulas eyes and bernards and stuff. It makes pvp a coin flip in most cases, and it ruins the whole system.

Flag Post

Torment is not remotely a problem if the magic lamps and talismans of agility go away—which, by the way, make any kind of countering strategy null. The easiest and most game-saving thing for the devs to do is simply drop talismans (the same way they’ve dropped equipment).

The problem is that the devs ramped up a world of OP cards and bosses in the quests and brawls—PvP becomes then a hellworld of nuke and lock, U.S. v. the old Soviet Union at every step. It’s not entirely fixable, but dumping talismans in PvP is maybe the most elegant solution?

Flag Post

And as for those complaining that low levels fight high levels? That problem, as modwolf said above, is fundamentally fixed. It’s just that the fix will take a while to show itself as fixed; high levels will last about 10 duels in the bottom three rungs of the PvP chain. (And there’s not an infinite supply of high levels who have never dueled.)

So the monsters will filter up. It might take a few weeks, but eventually the system will be mostly self-sorting, with the occasional hiccup (level 500 who just suddenly decides to duel for the first time on a whim).

Flag Post

Please clarify where the info about high duel levels being unable to fight low duel levels comes from?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jacen:

Uh, modwolf, at the moment, I am pretty sure there is NO limitations on what level can duel other levels. This means a level 80 fighting a 500 or 600 is very possible.

It isn’t a level thing it is a pvp rating thing, so a level 300 player just starting has the same rating as a level 10 just starting. It will get better as the higher levels with better decks go up in rating. According to the forum you should only be matched against players rated five levels above or below you.

Flag Post

there should be a way to do quests with (hopefully) increased gold but no exp. then you can burn energy for progress and more money instead of having it poof when you level up.

Flag Post

If you walk around on the map you’ll have a chance to encounter humans (and other things), and they have a way bigger gold/energy ratio and have mostly the same xp/energy ratio than the mobs on the map, so if you in need of money just walk around. Although, it would be good if aside from the chance of meeting, there was a maximum time limit, like after 2 minutes with no encounter you’ll have one 100% of the time.

Flag Post

add more helmets and other equips! Its VERy annoying to see everyone in this hat with gems…we dont want to be clones

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kisduke:

If you walk around on the map you’ll have a chance to encounter humans (and other things), and they have a way bigger gold/energy ratio and have mostly the same xp/energy ratio than the mobs on the map, so if you in need of money just walk around. Although, it would be good if aside from the chance of meeting, there was a maximum time limit, like after 2 minutes with no encounter you’ll have one 100% of the time.

When I have 500 energy and 200 exp left, I don’t really want to spend 150 energy then have 350 of my energy go down the drain.

Flag Post

A significant problem in pvp (Aside from poor design, level matching, pay to win, and unbalanced, luck based draft cards) is that torments and spirit wards stack. Its reasonably easy to pile on several of each.

Also, my last opponent and I were able to stalemate- My NPC couldn’t damage him enough to deplete cards, and his NPC couldn’t damage me enough to deplete.. even on crits… whee!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jacen:

A significant problem in pvp (Aside from poor design, level matching, pay to win, and unbalanced, luck based draft cards) is that torments and spirit wards stack. Its reasonably easy to pile on several of each.

Actually, I’d think that having torments and wards stack is a good feature, because it makes concept decks possible. Wards stacking already has a nemesis (the card that depletes if opponent heals). Now for the devs to come up with a nemesis for torment decks.

It’s similar to MtG, when people used to complain that certain deck concepts were winning easily, until they note that others start to build decks against the metagame decks.