Suggestions page 3

976 posts

Flag Post

I’d like to see the capacity for communication improved in brawls. Yes, there is a chat log, but watching it means you can’t view the fight log, which is often quite important in brawls, and not everyone checks it or even knows that it’s there. I’ve only been able to chat with my teammates once in the brawls I’ve done so far. A more traditional MMO chat log at the bottom of the screen would be an improvement on this, I think.

Also, a better system for when the brawl actually begins would be nice. I joined a 4-person brawl yesterday and had the brawl leader begin the fight with just the two of us. I had no way to communicate with the guy or to halt the brawl from starting, and wound up losing the energy I had spent on joining the brawl because of it.

Flag Post

I’d love to be able to play matches against my own decks.

Flag Post

I’d like to be able to sell cards for gold or dragon coins

Flag Post

Couple of suggestions/questions:

1) With Brawls –
= Leader should have ability to kick players
= Players should have to confirm that they are ready before the brawl can start (so they can wait for full brawl)

2) Server Maintenance without warning during our draft.
= Do we get to keep our cards from the draft?
= Will we get reimbursed our packs or get some sort of replacement value for the drafting boosters we otherwise take weeks to accumulate.

3) Create a marketplace for player-to-player sale of cards for dragon coins.
= Increases the demand for dragon coins.
= Creates greater accessibility for rare cards
= Internal economic model within game allows for fair market pricing of cards which would make the game portable to a printed TCG.

Flag Post

Pyromancer Elyssa should do what she says because not all of the attacks are automatic crits after deplete right now

Flag Post

New gametype: Missions (placeholder name)

A bit of a mashup of questing and brawling for single player. For a high initial energy cost (perhaps one to five hundred, depending on level of mission), you play a series of battles against AI decks. At the end of the series, there is a boss-level opponent. Beat him, and you get a good-sized reward of gold, xp, crafting materials, and a card drop. If you lose any battle, you’re out.

It’s designed as a mini-quest with no forgiveness for failure. You would have to win them all to get the good reward, but the reward would be proportionally higher. New ones could be unlocked as you complete zones.

Flag Post

I like SaintToaster’s Mission idea.

as a player who has and will not spend any real-world cash on this game, the idea of gambling with my energy is exciting.

I am enjoying the storyline right now, but a 0%chance failure rate and exp = 1.6 x energy makes what im doing pretty predictable.

I know it seems weird, but even as a free player i’d like to throw away the one resource i have.
Maybe it harkens back to when arcade games would eat our quarters, but I like failing to have a consequence, even if its only “come back in 2 hours”.

Flag Post

I fully understand why brawls dont have either a ‘votekick’ function, or one where leaders can kick players.

However, it can be extremely frustrating for players – when their “brawl mates” go afk. This problem is further exacerbated by the fact, that if brawl mates disconnect or refresh – every subsequent turn they take, takes an extremely long time.

I have literally had 1 hour brawls, due to this problem – and then the interface jams and i dont even get my energy back. This is a systemic problem, and for mouse or the other community managers to address this by restoring energy – is not even close to being a good solution to this problem. With / without restoration – it definitely detracts from the gameplay experience.

This is not a one-off problem. Many of the players whom i have spoken to, have experienced this problem multiple times, and have even given up reporting it. (not because of lack of restoration of energy, but people aren’t online 24/7, so energy restoration is kinda pointless. @mouse im sure you understand perfectly well why restoration is not a good solution)

Some high level players even refuse to brawl with others, instead preferring to brawl solo, due to multiple experiences of this horrendous situation.

Solution: I would suggest having perhaps a 3-5minute afk timer before their characters are forced to concede – perhaps have a “chess clock” function, similar to that in drafts. This would require relatively low amounts of developer resources to implement, and would have a large effect upon gameplay experience.

Separately, perhaps there should be a “15 second” setting for turn length as well.

Flag Post

I think it would be very good that the “Show status as offline” button is changed to “Show status as online” to help us know if there is really anyone in the clan that would be ready to make a clan brawl.

Flag Post

You should be able to kick people from brawls. Just a suggestion.

Flag Post

You can kick them

Flag Post

In a game where full energy regen can take six+ hours (and, honestly, have sudden server interruptions) a button to click upon leveling to give full energy back would be spectacular. And yes, I’ve seen several facebook style games use the energy pack over auto refill models.

Flag Post

Do something with jamming interface, sometimes it is totally impossible to play, cause it keeps on freezing

I’ve just lost 2 brawls, then 2 quests (~200 energy), because it jammed. 4 times in a raw. Great

I suppose it happens because you’re messing up with the server too often, cause when I reconnect after interface jammed it says “Server’s down due to maintance”. I reconnect immediately after that and the game’s working. Then I joing the brawl, and it freezes againg. I refresh the page, and what do I see? “Server’s down due to maintance”.

Flag Post

I’d suggest a new content. After you reach lvl 150 and lvl 200 (or 200 and 250) you can fight against a special boss (so 2 special bosses) that requires all your available energy to fight. Beating him will grant you rare cards, and a decrese of the time needed for gaining energy. Like you first gain energy every 45 seconds after beating the first one every 30 seconds after you beat the second one. Obviously they should be really hard to defeat with whopping stats and good cards.

Flag Post

For me, ‘clash of dragons’ is a very casual game for killing my free time.So every time, I log into the game,I would just spam the fight button, spend all the energy as fast as I can so I can move on to other “games” I would like to play.

I must admit, the acts of collecting virtual cards and improving deck with new powerful cards are quite enjoyable and satisfying by its own. So, I focus on hoarding as many cards and as fast as possible, by doing so I hardly pay any attention to the game’s story line.

One day, just out of boredom,I decide to spend some time to read through the story written in the text wall.
Surprisingly I just found out the story told in this game was not bad, in fact it was quite decent for a web browser game(To be honest I never expect a money grubbing web browser games to have any effort in writing an interesting story, ok to be fair,‘clash of dragons’ is comparatively generous on giving away in game currency unlike some CCG game in this site. Ahem , ahem no more nonsense, let get back to the topic.). It seem that I missed out some game contents… … and I feel a little bit regret about it.
tl;dr

suggestion 1
So I would like to suggest that after the player completed the story quest, they should be able to access to a log book or any record that all the story plots they had gone through are written in it so they can reread it whenever they wish to without the need to reset the zone and go through the whole story again.

suggestion 2
Also there should be a button that enable the text window to be expand so the player can read a larger portion of story in a time in a bigger window display without needing to scroll down the text frequently, which prove to be very annoying during reading.

Flag Post

Nice game, but some suggestions:

1) Why should I click two buttons after the end of each fight? especially PVP when there is no loot? Please, do only one notification.
2) add some way of exchanging cards. Otherwise it is not a true CCG. Would also be good to add some way to reduce number of cards in game (not types of cards, but cards themselves. There is no reason to keep unlimited number of Bash or Greater Bash. They must go away somehow.) But this should give some benefits, not just like “you can play cards only XX times”, Ex: unite several cards to get a better one.
3) This game can’t find server if I am behind a proxy. (set up by auto proxy conf url)
4) I get daily chest only once. No need to remind me of that every time I log in as there is still no more chests coming.
5) I should be able either to pass the chest to other player, either is should be possible to open it the moment I get it as there are too many clicks to get to my inventory.
6) Give some benefits to PvP. Otherwise noone there. Especially there is noone of mid-low level.

Some of these are just UI changes, but they will make this game look much nicer and will prevent new player leave it at the start.

Flag Post

ardagan, pvp is just for fun or testing things, it can never be balanced unless they outright ban 3/4 of highest rarity cards or severely reduce their effects in pvp. I see lots of people pvping, since it costs no energy and can be fun to screw around with, but they would basically need to redo every powerful card to ever make it more than that.

Flag Post

Idyll, I do play this game for PvP atm As it is the most interesting part of any CCG. If it is not going to be done proper way, I’ll just abandon game. Guess that I am not the only one here. Plus PvP can not be used for testing stuff as there are totally different mechanics that work.

Flag Post

There should be some way to get AI to take control of a teammate if for some reason his get disconnected or a way to get back in a clan brawl so his teammates don’t have to wait after the timeout and lose this time each turn.

Flag Post

Being able to sell the cards and equipment you don’t use. I’m using pyrolord and I got like 4 sentinel armor that I don’t want.

Flag Post

If a player times-out in a brawl, their turns should be automatically played for them until they click to make it stop. Just a pop-up appears on their screen “You timed out and cards are being played at random: Resume play.” There is no reason to make everyone wait 30+ seconds every single round for someone who is not there.

Flag Post

10k does not seem unreasonable for gold packs… 25 DC does seem a little unreasonable for draft. The sale price was fantastic. Maybe 20 would be better? As is, loosing a draft and having to wait two weeks at best to do another one is NOT encouraging.

Flag Post

I would love to see some class-specific or card specific (melee, ranged, magic, and pots + tali + npc) type booster pack

Flag Post

Maybe they should make a ‘division’ system. Every player gets some points for winning the battle, 100-300 – bronze, 301-1000 – silver, 1001-2500 – gold, 2501 – 7000 – platinum, 7001 and above – diamon division.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NikitosNew:

Maybe they should make a ‘division’ system. Every player gets some points for winning the battle, 100-300 – bronze, 301-1000 – silver, 1001-2500 – gold, 2501 – 7000 – platinum, 7001 and above – diamon division.

That doesn’t sound like Tyrant at all.