Lost Energy/Game Freezing

48 posts

Flag Post

I’ve spent over 300 energy trying to get past this problem. I would start up a quest or brawl and when I start the battle, the game freezes after a draw or two.

Flag Post

Happens to me sometimes too.

Flag Post

gave you enough to refill your energy. If this happens again, please keep sending bug reports in-game, so our tech people can examine them and fix as soon as possible

Flag Post

Hey i just had a freeze at at graslaf’s fist. (65 energy)
Had a freeze at graslaf’s blood wolf 2 battles before that (70 energy)
Before that, I had a nightmare corrupted wizard, which declared that the “red team has defeated the blue team”, on the second turn – everyone is alive of course. (100 energy)

Could i get an energy refund for that? Total: 235 energy

I intended to report at the third freeze, but then the screen froze during the submission of the bug report, so i had to refresh, and here i am.

EDIT: 4th freeze at graslau’s fist (65 energy) immediately after – bug report number 6737 i believe.

AI plays my cards for me, before evolving into a 5th freeze at graslau’s blood wolf (70 energy) immediately after – bug report number 6739
(incidentally, this is a common bug which started cropping up 2-3 days ago, but this sometimes resolves itself after 1-2 turns, sometimes it evoles into a freeze, sometimes not.)

6th freeze at gralau’s blood wolf (70 energy) – bug report number 6740

Also, I sometimes can’t report the bug due to the entire client being frozen. There were 2 times where i typed a detailed description of the bugs / freezes, but the report bug function itself froze, so i had to start from scratch. Thats why this is on the forums.

In the case of the corrupted wizard – the battle was over and i couldnt report any bug then. Perhaps there should be a function to report bugs outside of the battle itself?

Well thats my whole level up and energy bar.

Flag Post

How do the developers/moderators verify that the person in question froze? Couldn’t people just exploit this, saying they froze when they didn’t? I’ve had plenty of freezes in clan brawls, pvp and normal brawls, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to prove that you were frozen. I suppose the clan could verify that there plenty of freezes, but that’s about it…

Flag Post

@Kaboomba you have enough for a refill for the energy lost

@zwookie the logs from the bug reports – and some other functions we have at our disposal, indicate if the person froze or not. Plus we know who we refunded, so if they try to keep tricking us, we do have a banhammer. We understand that there are some annoying bugs out there so we want to be helpful and let people enjoy the game, but we do monitor the reports sent

Flag Post

What’s the status on this bug being fixed? I’ve tried clearing my cache, cookies, increasing flash storage, starting safari in 32-bit mode. The game is currently not playable.

Flag Post

I just hosted a corrupted wizard brawl where apparently everyone froze (except me). I was forced to concede because I would have to wait 5-10 minutes before playing a card. I sent a bug report in game explaining I_think_im_black froze in the brawl.
#edit, seems like the above post was written by I_think_im_black who was in my brawl, and was the first to freeze.

Flag Post

Thanks. I sent one in about a week ago for the same bug. To me, it seems redundant to send multiple reports for the same issue, unless the message is just “See report #XXXX.”

Edit: Just managed to freeze again, about 90% through a quest fight.
Edit2: Twice. I’ll be back once this is fixed.

Flag Post

Hosted another brawl – brimstone baron, “Speeddemon” froze on his second turn, I sent a bug report with ID #6790. Waited 10 minutes but he didnt play a card still, completely frozen, had to concede.

Flag Post
Originally posted by I_Think_Im_Black:

What’s the status on this bug being fixed? I’ve tried clearing my cache, cookies, increasing flash storage, starting safari in 32-bit mode. The game is currently not playable.

we are working on this but unfortunately its not easy to pin down the source. we hope for a fix as soon as possible. What does help though is making sure you don’t have addons that could interfere with the game, like NoScript/AdBlock etc. You could try whitelisting the game, or disabling them temporarily. Some also suggested using Chrome, if you are not doing that already, cause it has less memory leaks regarding flash content

Flag Post

i have lost lots of energy from freezing and lost connection i have send lots of bug report from freezing, but i think that before asking to refill my energy its more usefull to have a resume battle button… i mean it would solve both freezing disconnection, and brawl problems…

Flag Post

thanks. i do appreciate the quick developer response times.

10,000x better than alot of the mmos out there.

Flag Post

I had a few points in which My ability to play cards froze (a couple of times in a brawls and several in pvp) now the game is not loading. is this just maintenance time or did I irritate one of the developers with to many freeze reports?

Flag Post

and of course as soon as I post this The game starts working again :P

Flag Post

6840 ticket, it froze at the very end, but surpisingly we did get the loot, so im not asking for any refunds or whatever. maybe you’ll find it useful

Flag Post

I’ve had at least three clan brawls freeze on me today. Three clan brawls that were solid wins. I’ve sent a few tickets today, didn’t write down the ticket numbers, but I could use a little energy back – I would have leveled up by now if not for the lost xp

Flag Post
Originally posted by parabolic_:

I’ve had at least three clan brawls freeze on me today. Three clan brawls that were solid wins. I’ve sent a few tickets today, didn’t write down the ticket numbers, but I could use a little energy back – I would have leveled up by now if not for the lost xp

done

Flag Post

Hi, I just did a clan brawl in which i experienced 3 separate bugs. It was: baroness karpathia nightmare – 125 energy

First, the game began randomly skipping my clan mate’s turns, then my own turns. A bug report was filed at this point (didnt record the number down, because didnt seem critical, sorry)

Second, the game began randomly playing for either of us. IE – when its your turn, at irregular intervals, the AI starts playing your cards for you. Sometimes, it would neglect to play cards – leaving us with 3 card hands. Sometimes, it would forget to draw cards from the deck – leaving us with 1 card hands.

Third, the game declared my clan mate dead, even though he had cards left in his deck. Aoe heals such as moment of silence were tried twice, to no effect.

As a further extension to that, it then declared me dead, with cards left in my deck – thus declaring baroness karpathia the winner of the brawl.

My clan mate’s in game ID is qualdor, for further reference. :)

Flag Post

aaarrrggghhh…is anyone else getting a little frustrated. im in a barron nightmare brawl. 3 or so turns from killing barron. i freeze up and have to refresh my browser. I lost the energy for the battle and to by knowledge did not recieve ant rewards. This is like the 8th time this has happened. So dissapointing.

Flag Post

Game froze again against graslaus blood hounds, sent a report #7043.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaboomba:

Hi, I just did a clan brawl in which i experienced 3 separate bugs. It was: baroness karpathia nightmare – 125 energy

I’ve examined your bug report; I’ve credited you the appropriate energy and have ensured the report will be forwarded to our technical department.

@ eben_avatar, I’ve credited you with the appropriate amount of energy, apologies for the frustration.

@ zwookie, also credited.

Flag Post

holy crap… thx mouse… i was just venting…wasnt really expecting to have a resolution so fast…keep up the good work… also do you all know what is causing that freeze…and is it fixable?

Flag Post

I’ve sent about 10 bug reports in-game so far, all having to do with freezes, also after the latest update. If they were not informative, please tell me (kongPM) how to make them more informative with the little space i got for text. I want those freeze bugs fixed, apart from those bugs i keep bugging alex with (though i havent tested those yet since the update, like the actually-90-sec-instead-of-30-sec timer).

So far it happens at 400% speed (using chrome, while I KNOW clanmates play the same deck also on chrome and ~never suffer freezes), often with mages (or brawls), often when I double-click a card before animations are completely over, and/or when a mage plays an MC using attack on me (“royal battle mage” or “enchanted arrow”) which remains on screen during the freeze. Hope it helps.

EDIT: most of my clan buddies (incl, chrome users!) dont use equipment buffs like i do !!! (maybe the bug is in the (pyre) equip buffs (on spirit ward)? Thanks for fixing the timer bug!!

update: (over the last week I lost or conceded at least 20 matches due to freezes)

Flag Post

Heyz, just did a nightmare karpathia where it hung again.

Ticket numbers 7183 and 7184.

I didnt describe it properly in the ticket – as i wanted to submit the ticket before something happened to disable me from reporting (ie losing unexpectedly etc)

What happened was, baroness karpathia played a card – leaping death in this case, and it became stuck on the screen for both my clan mate and I.

Next it became impossible for my clan mate or I to play cards – it looked like a freeze. After roughly 2 minutes, the computer would play a random card for each of us however. Needless to say, we lost horribly.

I think its a step in the right direction, if freezes now result in a random card being played after 2minutes, but that is still way too long. Maybe 30seconds to match the amount of time given to players to move? Better still, fix the freezes altogether :)