Lost Energy/Game Freezing page 2

48 posts

Flag Post

I have just witnessed the most broken brawl in the history of clash. Bug report 7219.
No energy refund is needed, as (by some miracle) we managed to beat it, with 1 player surviving, but some of the bugs I’ve seen in this brawl are new to me.

  1. All players skipped turns.
  2. At some point, I had only one card in my hand, that is I could see only one card, I couldn’t use it though, had to wait for timeout.
  3. One of the party members had 4 cards in his hand.
  4. One of the party members played a card after he died (the game auto-played cards for him)
  5. The Orc Shaman randomly lost MCs at some point, he didn’t do any damage, at least, I didn’t notice (my game was half-frozen half the time), so his special buffs shouldn’t have triggered. My party members noticed this too.
  6. The game actually unfroze after freezing several times, allowing me to play cards, then freezing again until my character was slain.
 
Flag Post

i just had 2 freezes in a row against loquax demon. He would play first, than i would draw my card and he would play again. This stopped me from being able to play a card for some reason. bug report 7397 and 7938

 
Flag Post

Another freeze while questing, bug report 7485. Froze 2 minutes ago as well, but I was distracted and clicked concede instead of report bug :(

Edit: froze again, bug report 7579.

Seems like the colder it gets, the more freezes there are, I wonder if wearing the Yule Tribe Furs will keep you character warm and stop the freezes ;)

 
Flag Post

Freeze while questing against Mine Guard Mage. Bug report 7548.

Specifically, it was my turn but couldn’t play anything. The enemy card was stuck in the top of the screen.

Edit: Another freeze against the mine guard mage, and I know what causes it. Both times it was when the spirit ward procced by a royal battle mage threat and healed me. Also, when I report bug, should I conceide or wait until its fixed? Second bug report is 7549.

I lost quite a bit of energy for these mages, would it be possible to get a refill or just credit the last mage as won?

 
Flag Post

I’m having a similar problem where the Enemy’s card doesn’t go into the depletion pile, and I end up drawing my 3rd card, preventing me from continuing the match, have sent numerous bug reports (Last one being 7550) because of the consistency of it occurring. I’m not sure but, I’ve only had it happened to me that I remember when the game speed seems to be set over 250%, Lower, it doesn’t seem to occur, though did try it once on a slower machine and it froze up like that once at 100% game speed. One thing though is this started about last week after a maintance/patch/update.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by eeb3:

I’m having a similar problem where the Enemy’s card doesn’t go into the depletion pile, and I end up drawing my 3rd card, preventing me from continuing the match, have sent numerous bug reports (Last one being 7550) because of the consistency of it occurring. I’m not sure but, I’ve only had it happened to me that I remember when the game speed seems to be set over 250%, Lower, it doesn’t seem to occur, though did try it once on a slower machine and it froze up like that once at 100% game speed. One thing though is this started about last week after a maintance/patch/update.

I was playing at 400%, so this may confirm your theory.

 
Flag Post

Lots of game freeze today, for me. Froze at 400%, froze at 300%…

Can you make it save, so that refreshing lets us continue the fight? Reduces the problem of us bug reporting and hoping for a refund.

And I don’t seem to notice getting refunds…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by 2xMachina:

Lots of game freeze today, for me. Froze at 400%, froze at 300%…

Can you make it save, so that refreshing lets us continue the fight? Reduces the problem of us bug reporting and hoping for a refund.

And I don’t seem to notice getting refunds…

Lena gave quite a bit of refunds few days ago, so who knows :-).

 
Flag Post

Bug Reports 7643, 7698. Both of these occur had the same problem as before where the ‘speed’ was set at a high end, and it seemed to ‘hang’ for a split second like trying to think of what to do, and forgetting what to do, leaving the enemy card on the field leaving it impossible for me to continue the match.

Bug Report 7699 This one was odd, cause the enemy deck had played the NPC Orc Bloodrager, which would normally deplete 3 cards, and I had the effect of “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”, Well For some reason I ended up being healed 3 cards while the Enemy deck didn’t get depleted before it became my turn again. And considering I have a natural 2 Absorb (Pyro) plus some shield from the previous turn, I shouldn’t have been healed in the first place since I negated all of the attack.

 
Flag Post

Had 3 freezes in ~30 minutes, all freezes happened while I was fighting royal assassins, and all happened one turn before I dealt the final blow :(
bug report ID’s 7728, 7729 and 7731.

Just got an idea, since there’s these new fancy energy potions from daily rewards, how about giving these potions to people that were frozen?
I suppose it would be inconvenient if your energy was refilled while it was already full.

Since its winter, and there’s this holiday spirit going on, this special energy potion could be called hot chocolate, sure enough, it will unfreeze you :)

The description could be:

“What manner of being, what unfortunate wretch, would travel abroad, a chill death to fetch?”
So a child asked, as she sipper her hot drink, before her young little mind of presents did think.

 
Flag Post

So far, I’ve sent about 30 bug reports in-game that were related to freezes which happened also (especially?) after the latest update. ( 30 bug reports means that i ’ve met 40+ ANNOYING freezes :( and conceded most of these battles :( )

I have been able to reproduce these freezes ( even though i tried NOT to, it’s just my play style :( ). I have mostly used chrome and play manually at 400% speed. I have been playing only in zone 3.

My quest fights freeze WHEN:
A) I have used an equip buff (say pyre gloves or wand, on ward or another spell before playing ward:)
B) I have played spirit ward and it is active (What doesnt kill you makes you stronger)
C) Enemy plays an attack that actually damages me (like cunning/punishing blow, enchanted arrow, etc)
Then the damaging card hangs in the air and i cannot select a card to play.

Do others share my experiences?

UPDATE: I could also reproduce these freezes on PvP ( free to try, NOW I find out :( )

I have only recently been tracking which ticket IDs I sent: 7506 7507 7567 7621 7625 7746 and many others with my name in them. Hope it helps. ( PS: posting this on christmas eve :/ )

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by yruhn:

So far, I’ve sent about 30 bug reports in-game that were related to freezes which happened also (especially?) after the latest update. ( 30 bug reports means that i ’ve met 40+ ANNOYING freezes :( and conceded most of these battles :( )

I have been able to reproduce these freezes ( even though i tried NOT to, it’s just my play style :( ). I have mostly used chrome and play manually at 400% speed. I have been playing only in zone 3.

My quest fights freeze WHEN:
A) I have used an equip buff (say pyre gloves or wand, on ward or another spell before playing ward:)
B) I have played spirit ward and it is active (What doesnt kill you makes you stronger)
C) Enemy plays an attack that actually damages me (like cunning/punishing blow, enchanted arrow, etc)
Then the damaging card hangs in the air and i cannot select a card to play.

Do others share my experiences?

UPDATE: I could also reproduce these freezes on PvP ( free to try, NOW I find out :( )

I have only recently been tracking which ticket IDs I sent: 7506 7507 7567 7621 7625 7746 and many others with my name in them. Hope it helps. ( PS: posting this on christmas eve :/ )

I think you’re right about the spirit ward. Never payed attention to this before you’ve mentioned, but indeed, it seems that, I freeze after spirit ward heals me. Frozen a minute ago (bug report 7789), right after the log said “zwookie heals 1 from Magic Grab”.

 
Flag Post
Just has what zwookie explained happen to me. -------------------------------------- Orc Shaman's turn begins Orc Shaman plays Magic Grab Orc Shaman gains 1 MC Moose heals 1 from Magic Grab Moose heals: + Spirit Ward Moose shuffles their deck Moose's buff What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger fades Moose's buff Deadly Intent fades -------------------------------------- Moose's turn begins Moose draws Djinn's Aura
 
Flag Post

twice in a row… yay! Tickets 7890 and 7891 IIRC. Posting it here because I was going to win (the first one was won, but Blood Bond didn’t take effect, and in the second one, I was leaving the enemy with a single card to draw, probably a talisman).

 
Flag Post

i’ve been frozen at brawl fight twice and quest fight once and then i found this post and ran some test on it and find out that,what yruhn said is right the game freeze must relate to Spirit Ward after playing and let the effect work i can highly possible been freeze while an enemy’s card hung in the air, hope u guys can fix this as soon as when u got back here.

 
Flag Post

Ok, this is something I notice.

I seem to freeze everything spirit ward procs and heal me instead of getting damage.

Maybe spirit ward’s effect has a bug in it… The damage is not dealt, so the game assumes the card isn’t done, and stays up there.

Also, the effect “What doesn’t kill you” stays there. It doesn’t fade.

 
Flag Post
Well it seems like 6 players on the kongregate forums (including me) noticed that freezes happen after spirit ward is used, to test this further, 2 days I've played without using spirit ward and did not have a single freeze! I will quote the relevant forum posts below:
Originally posted by 2xMachina:

Ok, this is something I notice.

I seem to freeze everything spirit ward procs and heal me instead of getting damage.

Maybe spirit ward’s effect has a bug in it… The damage is not dealt, so the game assumes the card isn’t done, and stays up there.

Also, the effect “What doesn’t kill you” stays there. It doesn’t fade.

Originally posted by npc234:

i’ve been frozen at brawl fight twice and quest fight once and then i found this post and ran some test on it and find out that,what yruhn said is right the game freeze must relate to Spirit Ward after playing and let the effect work i can highly possible been freeze while an enemy’s card hung in the air, hope u guys can fix this as soon as when u got back here.

Originally posted by EvilXYZ:
Just has what zwookie explained happen to me. -------------------------------------- Orc Shaman's turn begins Orc Shaman plays Magic Grab Orc Shaman gains 1 MC Moose heals 1 from Magic Grab Moose heals: + Spirit Ward Moose shuffles their deck Moose's buff What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger fades Moose's buff Deadly Intent fades -------------------------------------- Moose's turn begins Moose draws Djinn's Aura
Originally posted by yruhn:

So far, I’ve sent about 30 bug reports in-game that were related to freezes which happened also (especially?) after the latest update. ( 30 bug reports means that i ’ve met 40+ ANNOYING freezes :( and conceded most of these battles :( )

I have been able to reproduce these freezes ( even though i tried NOT to, it’s just my play style :( ). I have mostly used chrome and play manually at 400% speed. I have been playing only in zone 3.

My quest fights freeze WHEN:
A) I have used an equip buff (say pyre gloves or wand, on ward or another spell before playing ward:)
B) I have played spirit ward and it is active (What doesnt kill you makes you stronger)
C) Enemy plays an attack that actually damages me (like cunning/punishing blow, enchanted arrow, etc)
Then the damaging card hangs in the air and i cannot select a card to play.

Do others share my experiences?

UPDATE: I could also reproduce these freezes on PvP ( free to try, NOW I find out :( )

I have only recently been tracking which ticket IDs I sent: 7506 7507 7567 7621 7625 7746 and many others with my name in them. Hope it helps. ( PS: posting this on christmas eve :/ )

Originally posted by gupix:

Freeze while questing against Mine Guard Mage. Bug report 7548.

Specifically, it was my turn but couldn’t play anything. The enemy card was stuck in the top of the screen.

Edit: Another freeze against the mine guard mage, and I know what causes it. Both times it was when the spirit ward procced by a royal battle mage threat and healed me. Also, when I report bug, should I conceide or wait until its fixed? Second bug report is 7549.

I lost quite a bit of energy for these mages, would it be possible to get a refill or just credit the last mage as won?

Originally posted by zwookie:
Originally posted by yruhn:

So far, I’ve sent about 30 bug reports in-game that were related to freezes which happened also (especially?) after the latest update. ( 30 bug reports means that i ’ve met 40+ ANNOYING freezes :( and conceded most of these battles :( )

I have been able to reproduce these freezes ( even though i tried NOT to, it’s just my play style :( ). I have mostly used chrome and play manually at 400% speed. I have been playing only in zone 3.

My quest fights freeze WHEN:
A) I have used an equip buff (say pyre gloves or wand, on ward or another spell before playing ward:)
B) I have played spirit ward and it is active (What doesnt kill you makes you stronger)
C) Enemy plays an attack that actually damages me (like cunning/punishing blow, enchanted arrow, etc)
Then the damaging card hangs in the air and i cannot select a card to play.

Do others share my experiences?

UPDATE: I could also reproduce these freezes on PvP ( free to try, NOW I find out :( )

I have only recently been tracking which ticket IDs I sent: 7506 7507 7567 7621 7625 7746 and many others with my name in them. Hope it helps. ( PS: posting this on christmas eve :/ )

I think you’re right about the spirit ward. Never payed attention to this before you’ve mentioned, but indeed, it seems that, I freeze after spirit ward heals me. Frozen a minute ago (bug report 7789), right after the log said “zwookie heals 1 from Magic Grab”.

I hope the developers will look into it.
 
Flag Post

Hm, I haven’t frozen after using spirit ward, but the buff it gives seems to be glitchy. While it functions properly in the match, meaning that the buff works as intended and only happens once, the buff continues to appear in my “active buffs” catalog.

Also, not sure if the intended effect is only in response to threats, but Spirit ward does not work against any “damage that is dealt to you.” Does not protect against retribution effects, acid flask, soul stealer (although I’m not sure whether these are ‘deplete’ cards or not).

 
Flag Post

i more time freeze in game while at orc warlord brawl, this time i did do any particular and didn’t use Spirit Ward.
I guess there are more bugs that cause player been freeze.Hoping that can be fixed soon.

 
Flag Post

I had bugs when NPC plays royal battle mage. But I often play spirit ward, so I am not sure that the reason is the ward or the mage.

 
Flag Post

Just to add to the evidence, I have also had spirit ward freeze me on my next turn after it activated, for a number of brawls now. It’s been a frustrating Xmas brawling with the clannies with this happening. If I had been smarter, I would have dumped it from my deck a while ago from all the trouble it’s been causing.

 
Flag Post

8603, 8604 bug reports. Clan brawl Sharaxa NM freeze. after GG was played.
This was actually a pretty long fight, since we kept blanking with strategists and no one had a kill card :D
The freeze happend when Sharaxa had about 40-50 blanks in her deck and at the moment when the game froze I had played Golden Glory

Nicknew
Eragon
Ryan
Some energy (80) would be nice

 
Flag Post

Dunno if I shoudl post it here, but a brawl froze, so I refreshed the page (noghting else to do) and only got the loot for losing which is annoying, it wasn’t that much energy (50) but I don’t like it when the game freezes when your opponent got only 10 cards left .