Card Contest?

36 posts

Flag Post

This thread is auxiliary to the “Card Concepts” thread.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge interest in holding a card contest, as suggested in the Card Concepts thread, and to help determine rules and judging criteria in the event that there is sufficient interest.

I imagine that possible criteria should favor the best designed cards, acknowledging original ideas and potential for implementation, rather than just the most desirable cards (which would almost certainly be the most overpowered, and not the best designed).

Please offer your thoughts and feedback for this topic here, whether it’s simply indicating interest, asking questions, or offering suggestions for how to proceed.

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated by the developers, participation in the contest does NOT increase the chance of any card actually being implemented in the game. This would be an UNOFFICIAL contest, and is in no way endorsed or sponsored by the creators of the game. Like the Card Concepts thread, this should be viewed purely as a recreational exercise, with the only prize at stake being bragging rights.

Flag Post

It would be good fun.
Especially if the best card got made in game.

Flag Post

Since you ask for any discussion of the contest to be here, I assume that means entries and votes as well? And, for the record, I am not going to vote for the only entry other than my own. I plan to wait and see some other entries before I say what I prefer.

Flag Post

This is a great idea in theory, and could be good in practice. But unless there is some sort of prize in the end most people will not give it their all and try to make the best possible card. I suggest that we try to petition the 5th Planet Games, and see if we can’t get them to award the winner with something. Thank you for Reading

Flag Post

http://www.clashofthedragons.com/forum/showthread.php?1265-Design-a-Card-Contest

Flag Post

Hey guys! Just HAVE FUN! START!
I’m submitting Truce. See Card Concepts for more details.

Flag Post

Feint
rare
Type: Melee
0/2
Enemy deck gains no shields this round.
Assassin: +2 damage next round if you play a melee attack
“A good feint puts the enemy’s guard in exactly the wrong place. A great one puts you in a good position to exploit that.” -Quelch, master-at-arms

Flag Post

Cats Paw
Meele
Epic
4/1
Your next attack is critical, your opponent is confused next turn.
This attack is used by many barbarians, you confuse your enemy and in the same time you inflict big wounds.
- Book of Fighting Styles

Flag Post

I like feint. Just remember to vote once enough people have submitted.

Flag Post

Posted this in another thread, thanks to magnaarmor0 for feedback.

Overexertion
Legendary Card
Generic Magic

Attack: 2
Defense: 2

Effects: Each turn, deplete 2. For the rest of the battle, you are buffed:
PYR: All magic attacks are boosted by 33% of your MC (rounded down). Generate 1 MC per turn.
DRD: +2 Absorb. Whenever you attack or are attacked, your Attack or Magic increases depending on the attack type (Melee, Ranged, Generic Weapon = +Attack, Light, Dark, Generic Magic = +Magic).
ASN: Disregard all shields of strength 4 or lower. You also have a permanent 30% increased chance to crit.
SNT: You are cleansed of enemy debuffs (i.e. Hellfire, Plague Demon) and are immune to any future debuffs. Also, half of the damage you absorbed is added to your next attack.

“When most reach their limit, they resign, eager for relief. Few shatter this limit, challenging their bodies to keep up with their spirits. This is how a true warrior is born.” -Erik, Champion of the Pyre Clan

Flag Post

^ I like this idea

Flag Post

I do too. I see you’ve weakened it a bit.
PYR bonus is really good.
DRD works, but why not just increase both at the same time and not have to remember all that?
ASN i like. just maybe +4 attack instead, as that’s actually better than what you have.
SNT i love! Love the fact that Cleanse is basically auto-played. And that second bonus is epic!!!!! Your opponent would want to do less damage :D

Love the quote, too.

Flag Post

Shame you can’t win a price when you post here, only when on the official forum, but well here is mine, it completely changes the battle :

Discord
Rare- Dark
6/0

For the next 5 turns you and all allies and enemies play cards at random,your and their absorption is reduced to 0 and your and their attacks deal +3 damage.

“It is when there is total chaos that the most die and the outcome of battle is determined”

Note: Might also call it Pandaemomium
Note 2: This attack heavily focus the fight on offense for a few turns and it can really determine the outcome cause huge amounts of damage can be dealt with this card’s “buff” around.

Flag Post

Nice idea. Just lasts a bit too long, and is a bit too powerful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Nice idea. Just lasts a bit too long, and is a bit too powerful.

Yeah I just noticed that I forgot to put the effect on yourselves too, which was the original idea, should make it more balanced too.

Flag Post

Please do! And current submissions…

Discord
Overexertion
Cats Paw
Feint
Truce

Start voting!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Please do! And current submissions…

Discord
Overexertion
Cats Paw
Feint
Truce

Start voting!

Are these all the submissions?

Flag Post

Right now? Yep.

Flag Post

Fate Twist
Epic
Generic Magic

7/0

PYR: +1 MC
SENT: +1 absorb for 1 turn
ASN: +2 damage
DRD: Your next threat does +2 damage

You don’t draw next turn

Just whipped this up, I figured a mechanic like this would be a really interesting addition to the game.

Flag Post

Favorite Dagger
Rare- Ranged
5/0
ASN: Reveal top card. If it is a weapon card, immediately play it. If it is a magic card, banish it.

“Can you please return my black dagger, it is my favorite one.” -Unknown, found on a assassins note

Flag Post

Hmm, if you want us to vote right now, I think I’d have to give mine to Cat’s Paw by a slim margin.

Flag Post

Void
Rare- Dark Magic
0/4
DRD: Enemy’s absorb is lowered to 0. Skip your next turn.
PYR: All attacks, including enemy’s, are criticals until your next turn. Skip your next turn.

“Wait, where is my armor now?” -Brimstone Baron

I think this card would allow for great combos and interactions in brawls, if the players are communicating a bit. I see it as a core card that would promote support deck for brawls. Imagine a deck with these, a few Moments of Silence, and why not 2-3 Arcane Ritual.

Flag Post

Alright, submissions…

Discord
Overexertion
Cats Paw (1 vote)
Feint
Truce
Fate Twist
Favorite Dagger
Void

Remember, can’t vote for your own card. I’ll wait for more submissions, not sure what i like.

Flag Post

Everything you know is wrong

Rare – Dark Magic

0/3

For the rest of the battle, instead of Weapon or Magic, all Heroes and Enemies apply Absorb as bonus damage. If the next card you play is not an NPC, deplete 3.

“The strongests ones may still wither and die…”

Flag Post

Time Stop

Epic – Light Magic

-5/0

For the next 2 turns, all Heroes and Enemies skip their Action phase and discard a random card instead.

“Can’t drink a potion if it doesnt go down your throat.”