Card Contest? page 2

36 posts

Flag Post

Dunno if several submissions is allowed otherwise this one is just cause I wanted to post it :D

Blood Ritual
Rare- Dark
0/4
Banish this card instead of depleting it when you play it.
Put the card Blood Demon in your library.
“Petty ceremonies don’t matter, only the blood does, now cut him open! "

Blood Demon
Rare- NPC Summon (yes a new type of card, basically the same as NPC)
2/2
Deal +1 damage for each MC you had when you played Blood Ritual
When this card is depleted remove it from the game instead and put Blood Ritual back in your library.
“Blood Demons care only about blood, there are even stories of Blood Demons cutting themselves open because there wasn’t enough human blood close by.”

Note: Basically this is to implement summoning in the game, which is a well-know archetype for arcane casters.
Note 2: The reason that the damage bonus is reliant on the MC when you played the ritual is for logic, cause the strenght of the demon is determined when you summon it, right?

Tell me if you like it, I would really like the devs to implement summoning like this in the game.

Flag Post

Erm, first of all,

NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS!!!!!!!

Second, the reason there isn’t any summoning is because the devs didn’t want this to turn into Yu-Gi-Oh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Erm, first of all,

NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS!!!!!!!

Second, the reason there isn’t any summoning is because the devs didn’t want this to turn into Yu-Gi-Oh.

First of all. Thats not a multiple submission. If you’d bothered to read it properly you would realize that this is one card, with an extended description, showing the card that it creates. Like marcellus and sunderer.

Second. This card works in almost exactly the same way that other cards do. The blood demon is incredibly similar in fashion to the cobalt kobolds “summoned” into the deck by an old promo and (in a more roundabout sense) to umbra, which “summons” copys of itself

And why the hell you brought yugioh into this I have no clue. I suppose your obviously slow brain may have picked up on the word summon and decided he was trying to copy yugioh, but seriously wtf? It just creates another card, it doesnt put a monster on the field to attack each turn! Aaarrgh!!!

Flag Post

Well, you asked about multiple submissions. I answered.

Flag Post

Here’s a simple card:

Reckless Taunt
Attack: 1 Defense: 2
Melee
Rare

Enemy is forced to target you for the next turn with a random magic or weapon attack. (No NPCs) Enemy crit rate is up by 25% while taunted.

SEN: Gain +2 shield for 1 turn.

“Come at me with all you got!!!”

Flag Post
I didn't mean to copy Yu-Gi-Oh that would be ridiculous, owix is right it's a card that creates another card, I'll post some more, it is to get the mage archetype summoner, here some examples. *Holy Ritual* Common- Light 0/4 Banish this card instead of depleting it when you play it, put the card *Guardian Angel* in your deck. *Guardian Angel* Common- NPC Summon 0/2 Heal 2, Heal 3 if you had more then 5 MC when you played *Holy Ritual* When this card is depleted remove it from the game instead and put *Holy Ritual* back in your library. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- *Dark Ritual* Uncommon- Dark 0/3 Banish this card instead of depleting it when you play it, put the card *Succubus* in your library. *Succubus* Uncommon- NPC Summon 1/2 Opponent loses 1 absorption for the rest of the battle, in addition if you had more then 4 MC when you cast *Dark Ritual* you opponent is also confused for 1 turn. When this card is depleted remove it from the game instead and put *Dark Ritual* back in your library. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- *Ancient Ritual* Epic- Generic Magic 0/6 Banish this card instead of depleting it when you play it, put the card *Primeval Titan* in your library. *Primeval Titan* Epic- NPC Summon 6/6 Damage from Primeval Titan can't be prevented, your next attack deals +2 damage. When Primeval Titan is depleted gain +1 Strenght for the rest of the battle and remove it from the game instead and put *Ancient Ritual* back in your library. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Also maybe some summoning NPC's *Valen'Dran the Summoner* Rare- NPC 3/3 NPC Summons deal +1 damage for the rest of the battle. When *Valen'Dran the Summoner* is depleted , NPC Summons gain +1 shield for the rest of the battle. *Lim-Ionan the Necromancer* Rare- NPC 0/3 Undead (Skeletons, Zombies etc) NPC Summons deal +1 damage and gain +1 shield for the rest of the battle. When *Lim-Ionan the Necromancer* is depleted gain +1 Intelligence for the rest of the battle. Also ofcourse some necromancer like mass summoning *Raise Skeleton Warriors* Uncommon- Dark 0/3 Banish this card instead of depleting it when you play it. Put three cards called *Skeleton Warrior* in your library. *Skeleton Warrior* Uncommon- NPC Summon 1/2 When a Skeleton Warrior gets depleted deal 1 damage to opponent and remove it from the game instead, when all three Skeleton Warriors are depleted shuffle *Raise Skeleton Warriors* back in your library. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So those were all my ideas, all my summoning ideas will counts as one submission for this contest okay? Also I would like everyone's opinion on these ideas,so please vote and tell your opinion! -Sn0tling EDIT: my post became quite a mess, even teh bolding didn't work, gotta fix that soon, please try to read it though everyone.

Flag Post

Sorry, all your summoning ideas DO NOT count as one submission.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Sorry, all your summoning ideas DO NOT count as one submission.

Why if I may ask, it seems fairer to me then let all fo them count as separate submissions

Flag Post

I don’t like the summoning idea, at least not as presented. It seems to be adding a new mechanism to the game just because we feel it should be there, not to fill any void.

However, I love the blood demon idea/fluff.

What about:
Blood Ritual
Rare-Dark
0/4
Put the Card Blood Demon in your library

Blood Demon*
NPC
2/2
Blood Demon’s damage can not be prevented by shields
Blood Demon attacks the player or enemy with the most remaining life
On deplete, shuffle a copy of Blood Demon into your library

It could also work well as a recurring threat, when they are implemented.

Flag Post

@James, what would you change to it, and if you don’t like it , why do you like one of the cards then, is there something wiht the rest of the cards? Thanks for your opinion btw,

-Sn0tling

Flag Post

@Snotling

I’m a bit full of christmas cheer (read: Red Wine) at the moment so forgive me if this doesn’t make a whole load of sense. My issue, such as it is, is with the summoning method that keys power to the MCs at the time of the summoning, not at the time of the summoned thing being played.

It basically seems to be overpowering MCs a little. I (one) could create a deck that gets loads of MCs. It gives me the option of Arcane Shots (is that the card I’m thinking of?) and other such cards that deal damage from MCs as well as the option of casting a whole class of summons. Given this extra flexibility it seems like Wizards Bane and such cards are going to be an essential in any deck and alot of fights will be reduced to “Can I get my Magekiller in before they get their Blood Demon cast?”. Some fights are already like that (Sharaxa springs to mind) and they’re the most annoying ones already. Making more of them will just become a bit tedious IMHO and will mean that the current fights (Zone 1-4 and brawls) need either rebalancing or will become too easy.

Essentially, (and forgive me for rambling) it seems to be introducing a whole new tactic which will require work to balance the game around it. That would be fine if that new tactic was needed but, as you say yourself, this is just a matter of putting something in that other games have not a matter of addressing a problem within CotD.

Hope that didn’t come across as aggresive or anything similar, really wasn’ty meant to.