Soulstealers

8 posts

Flag Post

Yo, i’m pretty new at this game, but i discovered some freaky annoying thing about soulstealers. They aren’t big deal or something like that in normal way, but…yeah, BUT. For some reason, sometimes after my attack (but still in my turn) i have to deplete like 15-25 cards, what is pretty deadly since i have 30 cards in my deck. I really don’t know why is that… it happens randomly doesn’t matter which card he played last turn (and btw looks like he has no cards which can cause this). Can anyone explain it to me plox?
PS. Sorry about my english, i’m self-taught, so i can make some mistakes ;)

Flag Post

Soulstealers have 1 “Soulstealer” card in their deck. When you send it to graveyard, you lose cards equal to the amount of cards in his graveyard. It can be a deadly card if it doesn’t get depleted early.

Flag Post

You can check the “Soulstealer” by finding its name in the battle log to the right and clicking on it (incase u want to see it, or something similar happens and you want to see what it does) you can even do this after you lost to one.

The “Soulstealer” demon have a card is his deck which is called a “Soulstealer” which when it is depleted, (you attack and it goes to the “graveyard”), it will deal damage to you (the attacker) equal to the amount of NPC’s in the “Soulstealer’s” Deplete pile ("Graveyard), and it is a NPC heavy deck so it often results in 15-25 damage if the “Soulstealer” is depleted last.

Sincerely
~ Sleepingpill

Flag Post

Well, thanks. I thought “soulstealer” name as reason for depletion was name of opponent, not a card ;)

Flag Post

I kept looking at all the cards in the graveyard as I depleted them at first. Nice way to see what the enemy has, and the flavor text on a number of cards are pretty amusing.

As a way to combat the soulstealer card in demon decks, you can either blank it with a strategist (NPC card, rare I believe so good luck hunting in drafts or through gold packs) or banish it (only card I know of is Spear of Destruction) since “on deplete” effects don’t trigger if they get banished instead of depleted, plus they won’t get healed back into the deck depending on what cards may be left in the demon’s deck. Even if you can’t banish it though, every NPC not in the depletion deck is one damage you won’t be taking when you do finally knock out that soulstealer card so it could still help save you.

Flag Post

Good news is, i JUST HAPPENED TO GET two rares in my gold pack: Spear of Destruction (yay!) and Spirit Ward (nice little useful bonus). :D

Flag Post

If you don’t have an expansive collection then the easiest anti-soulstealer plan is to pack your deck full of as many heals as you can and thus keep your deck as topped up as possible.

Flag Post

I hate SoulStealers…