Elixir of Slaying (Draft Bug)

26 posts

Flag Post
During the finals, 2nd round, my elixir of slaying was depleted and gave me only 1 turn of 100% critical chance. I lost the round/draft because of that. Log: Auroura's turn begins Auroura plays Undying Hatred Auroura gains 1 MC Auroura depletes 2 from Undying Hatred Auroura depletes: - Greater Frost Bolt - Leprechaun's Larceny Undying Hatred deals 5 damage to Gupix + 6 Attack (Card) + 3 Attack (Player Stats) - 2 Absorb (Card) - 2 Absorb (Player Stats) Total = 5 Gupix depletes: - Spirits of Justice - Spear of Destruction - Leprechaun's Larceny - Elixir of Slaying - Horror -------------------------------------- Gupix's turn begins Gupix draws Luminous Lance Gupix plays Luminous Lance Luminous Lance deals 8 damage to Auroura Critical Hit!! + 4 Attack (Card) + 3 Attack (Player Stats) + 4 Attack (Crit) - 1 Absorb (Card) - 2 Absorb (Player Stats) Total = 8 Auroura depletes: - Arthur's Bane - All or Nothing - Heartbreaker - Undying Hatred - Undying Hatred - Hard to Kill - Transference - Eldritch Salvation Auroura loses 1 MC + Transference Auroura shuffles their deck -------------------------------------- Auroura's turn begins Auroura plays Pixie Cloud Auroura gains buff Unrelenting Suffering from Pixie Cloud Pixie Cloud deals 0 damage to Gupix + 1 Attack (Card) + 3 Attack (Player Stats) - 2 Absorb (Card) - 2 Absorb (Player Stats) Total = 0 -------------------------------------- Gupix's turn begins Gupix draws Greater Fireball Gupix plays Greater Fireball Greater Fireball deals 0 damage to Auroura + 4 Attack (Card) + 3 Attack (Player Stats) - 5 Absorb (Card) - 2 Absorb (Player Stats) Total = 0 Bug report: 19504 Draft ID: 43424 Sorry for the format, I can't improve/change it...

Flag Post

I have had similar problems with it

Flag Post

Happened to me too. Works most of the time though….

Flag Post

I’ve been tracking it, myself. I first noticed it while in Brawls, and started paying attention to it. I never get more than one turn out of it. The turn after it is depleted I show the buff for 2 more turns. Then, when my next turn comes around, it still shows the buff on my list, but at 0 turns, and doesn’t activate when I play my next threat.

Great card, but it’s clearly broken, now.

Flag Post

err ugly bug

Flag Post

I think that happened with Queen Lena as well. She have the same ability for assassin/druid and I could have sworn that it worked only on the card I did play right after her…

Flag Post

I also have lost 2 drafts due to this bug. Though I usually don’t even get one turn of crits. Very frustrating.

Flag Post

Anything that says “Last X turns” can be assumed to last for X-1 turns. It’s been like this for a long time. Lord Edmund is the one that I have to constantly deal with regarding this bug, as it’s in my cycle. Extremely frustrating

Flag Post

Believe above statement to be true.

From what I understand, buff timer goes down upon starting your turn. Buffs with 0 turn will display its effects, but will not take effect (aspire, for example).

If your slayer potion is depleted on enemy turn (and it will be most of the time), you gain 2 turns of it starting on the enemy turn. End enemy turn, begin your turn; buff timer -1 due to the beginning of your turn. Buff timer on crit potion is down to 1 turn. You attack and crit. Enemy turn; enemy turn ends. You now have 0 turn on your slayer. You attack, and you do not crit.

This needs fixing, I agree.

I think if buff timers were to be calculated at the end of ones turn rather than the beginning, this may change how many buffs lasts for 1 less turn… Maybe…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gustuf:

Believe above statement to be true.

From what I understand, buff timer goes down upon starting your turn. Buffs with 0 turn will display its effects, but will not take effect (aspire, for example).

If your slayer potion is depleted on enemy turn (and it will be most of the time), you gain 2 turns of it starting on the enemy turn. End enemy turn, begin your turn; buff timer -1 due to the beginning of your turn. Buff timer on crit potion is down to 1 turn. You attack and crit. Enemy turn; enemy turn ends. You now have 0 turn on your slayer. You attack, and you do not crit.

This needs fixing, I agree.

I think if buff timers were to be calculated at the end of ones turn rather than the beginning, this may change how many buffs lasts for 1 less turn… Maybe…

The potion usually allows for 2 attacks to become 100% critical hits. Maybe the situation you stated is possible for other effects, but not on elixir of slaying.

Flag Post

yes this is an issue currently being worked on. we should have a solution soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KalevraFallstar:

Can you please refund my draft packs? I’ve lost the round specifically because I was certain that my fireball was a critical, just check the battle log :-)

Flag Post

Same here as well. Elixer doesn’t work properly

Flag Post

Elixer of slaying has been buggy since I started playing, and probably before that. You should know about it by now. It’s no excuse for losing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KalevraFallstar:

I am curious to know if the solution is to fix the card or nerf it as I just picked it in a draft as well. I hope it is just to fix it as it is one of a handful of powerful cards I have right now. Also many unofficial wiki online state in every cards description that was “removed as of second clash” that it has been “temporarily removed from gold packs effective as of 2nd clash” I really hope this is the case as I have looked it basically every card in the set released so far and there are more then 10 extremely powerful rare cards that plenty of players who started before had access to yet I no longer do. (I just started about a week ago, and don’ tusually spend anything on these “free” to play games, but I have on this one (around $20 so far) I do enjoy it though I do feel a great deal of improvement needs to be made for it to be truly great. LEVEL BALANCING, why doesn’t this exist? that is definitely my main issue right now. I don’t mean give equal stats to lower players I just mean give me the choice to limit the “level gap” between players as just about everything in the game is effected by a player’s level.

Flag Post

Same problem happened to me. Elixir only gave me critical on one turn.

Flag Post

The problem is not with the card but with the way the server recognizes turns.. this issue affects several cards ( you just notice it more with Elixir because its such a powerful draft card.) we are aware of the issue and are working to fix it….

Flag Post

I too have lost drafts because of this bug, but why complain when you already get a sure crit out of it already?

Yes it should probably be fixed, but honestly, it’s such a powerful card, so I just assume it’s only going to last one turn. If I can’t win with a guarantee’d crit, then I don’t deserve to win anyways. It’s the other less powerful cards that this bug affects more.

Flag Post

Well, I just realized that I lost a draft cause of this too :(
The difference between a second turn of crits (that i didn’t know I was not getting) would have changed the match since I lost first place by 2 cards.
Eh, live and learn I guess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lbzhu:

I too have lost drafts because of this bug, but why complain when you already get a sure crit out of it already?

Yes it should probably be fixed, but honestly, it’s such a powerful card, so I just assume it’s only going to last one turn. If I can’t win with a guarantee’d crit, then I don’t deserve to win anyways. It’s the other less powerful cards that this bug affects more.

Why complain? because it says 2 turns but u get 1 sometimes, causing some players to lose a battle. The rest of your post is just ignorance, are you saying you should auto win with 1 guaranteed crit? What about the other good cards you passed off because you drafted elixer of slaying, only to find out you got half of what you expected.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arcado:

Why complain? because it says 2 turns but u get 1 sometimes, causing some players to lose a battle. The rest of your post is just ignorance, are you saying you should auto win with 1 guaranteed crit? What about the other good cards you passed off because you drafted elixer of slaying, only to find out you got half of what you expected.

Ad hominem aside, I never said it is a guaranteed win. I am merely saying that a guaranteed crit, if played right, can and usually does turn the tide in a draft. If you lose, then chances are you got out-played, or out-lucked by your opponent. Or maybe they just had the much better deck and deserved to win.

Yes it’s good to bring it up to the dev’s attention, and they said they are working on a fix…my comment about complaining was directed at the people who demanded that they get their draft packs back. Even if it contributes just 1 crit, elixir of slaying is still one of the best cards in a draft, and likely much better than whatever you passed on. To blame the entire loss (you need to lose twice to lose a around) on this bug is a bit over the top. It would also be unfair to everyone who’s lost b/c of a card not functioning properly…which happens somewhat often. In the long run it evens out, so yeah, it’s annoying, but live and learn, figure out which cards are bugged, and adjust accordingly.

Flag Post

I just got a Lord Edmund from draft, and i got elixir of slaying in my deck atm, and i completely forgot about this bug due to my excitedness.:(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arcado:

Ad hominem aside, I never said it is a guaranteed win. I am merely saying that a guaranteed crit, if played right, can and usually does turn the tide in a draft. If you lose, then chances are you got out-played, or out-lucked by your opponent. Or maybe they just had the much better deck and deserved to win.

Yes it’s good to bring it up to the dev’s attention, and they said they are working on a fix…my comment about complaining was directed at the people who demanded that they get their draft packs back. Even if it contributes just 1 crit, elixir of slaying is still one of the best cards in a draft, and likely much better than whatever you passed on. To blame the entire loss (you need to lose twice to lose a around) on this bug is a bit over the top. It would also be unfair to everyone who’s lost b/c of a card not functioning properly…which happens somewhat often. In the long run it evens out, so yeah, it’s annoying, but live and learn, figure out which cards are bugged, and adjust accordingly.

There is no “deserve” to win or not. You either win or don’t. Your mom “deserves” to get slammed by me, but the point is moot because she’s not going to. And yes, 1 crit can make the difference in a close game even if you argue otherwise. If Wes Welker hadn’t dropped that pass, the Patriots would have won the championship. No, the Patriots didn’t lose just because of that one play, but they would have won if that one play went well. Criting for 1 turn instead of 2 decreases the value of that card by 50-75%. 2 turns means that I’ll pick that over a hard to kill, 1 turn means I won’t.

Flag Post

As Kalevra says, the game can’t recognize turns correctly. But why is it that way, that all positive effects are one turn less, and all negative effects are on turn more (just to remind on Confusion). I would understand the problem, if all cards work one turn less, but this is just… confusing.
Oh and just to mention. It has nothing to do with the opponent depletes the potion. If you deplete the potion with something like Screaming Skulls or other deplete effects, you won’t get the crit for the treat which depleted it. But the first thing you do is deplete is to do damage, so why don’t you get the crit? Strange little problems…

Flag Post

Arcado, you’re obviously a very classy and original guy, so thanks for making my point with “And yes, 1 crit can make the difference in a close game even if you argue otherwise.”