Nexus, Disappointing...

20 posts

Flag Post

So the bunch of new Nexus craft-ables I’ve seen, I feel, are largely disappointing……

I thought that Nexus would bring something to help the mid-level players (like lv140~lv181) but sadly, it didn’t.

A good part of the recipes seem to be catered to the lower level players (stuff like 5x Lesser Transference → Transference) which is, well I guess fine. But its not really that lower level players NEED the Nexus. Its just something there and cool and shiny for them. Maybe give them a chance to make rares out of their uncommons and such.

The other part of the recipes are catered to paying/old/high level players who mostly stick around for collections and have like 20+ of a single given (non-brawl) rare. We’re talking about 5 Healing Light, 5 Transference, 5 Pillar of Light = Golden Glory or 5 Wizard, 5 Illusionist, 5 Arcane Ritual = Mirror rorriM.

Then there’s useless recipes like Tendril of Shadows, Djinn’s Aura, Soothing Flames = Flame Serpant, Flame Serpant = Seething Wrath…….

Anyway, tl;dr Nexus needs to be able to create more useful cards, and needs to use a number other than 5 (like 1, 2 or 3) to be more practically useful. (i.e. to the mid-level players who really need it)

Now its just another way to collect all the cards in game…… (not like we don’t have enough of those?)

Flag Post

Now its just another way to collect all the cards in game

Not all the epics or legendaries, you can’t.

Any way, it’s just new, they’re adding recipes. I don’t think you can get really helpful cards as mid-level players, so, as you said, it’s mostly for newbies or extremely high-levelled ones. A way to get more epics/legendaries would be a start.

Flag Post

People complained about having thousands of useless extra cards in collection and the Nexus was created to get rid of them. Now people are complaining that they don’t have enough cards to use the Nexus?

Flag Post

I can make 25 pot eagle eye, 55 dragons breaths… yeah, I wanna be able to do something with the piles and piles of ingredients I’ll never use, even if its only turning them into gold.

Flag Post

Turn them to cards and use the Nexus to transform them into other cards seems like a good option. Or wait for recipes that use them to be found, like the shield recipe?

Flag Post

I’m a bit disappointed too… Hoped something to turn my 10 grey lances for 1 purpule one

Flag Post
Originally posted by Setirb:

People complained about having thousands of useless extra cards in collection and the Nexus was created to get rid of them. Now people are complaining that they don’t have enough cards to use the Nexus?

Not the main complaint. More of Nexus being just another shiny gimmick rather than a useful addition.

Please read the main complain better before you complain about other “people” (I like how you grouped everyone as a “people”) complaining about the solution to their previous complaints.

Flag Post

The main reasons the nexus was implemented was to give players the ability to get cards that were out of rotation and to get rid of excess cards. Your main complaint isn’t the purpose of the nexus.

Flag Post

The Nexus is pretty a garbage bin. For endgame players

Flag Post

the Nexus dosent help me get rid of cards i dont want, i put in 25 of a card just to get another useless card yeah that will just take more time then its worth, hopefully they will make useful crafts out of it like 100 rares for a energy pot or something that will help increase the drop rate of rare crafts and cards the next battle or maybe x2 gold and exp, anyways its useless now but its new. Just give it some time i’m sure the devs will make it better later.

Flag Post

Yeah, anyone who has played the game long enough to accumulate 25 of any common or uncommon pretty much has all the cards they need.

Also, the nexus itself it a waste of time, I will just sit back and wait for the recipes to show up on the web instead of wasting my time with it. Might as well just make it a craft option, give out the recipes, and let us have at it. That would be good enough. I do not like the idea of wasting my time trying out recipes.

That being said….I do love this game!

Flag Post

It doesn’t have to be 25/50 of the same card though… it can be 10 of one, 5 of another, 15 of a third, etc.

Flag Post

It would be cool if you could make DC with rares – like 5 rare = 1 DC. Alternatively, you could directly get energy / promos / event items with cards. That way you can get the cards and items you missed with the cards you don’t use.

Flag Post
5 rare = 1 DC.

I’d suddenly be rich…
But yeah, keep dreaming~

Flag Post

50 rares = 1 dc would work for everyone, and be more realistic.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AldenRogers:

50 rares = 1 dc would work for everyone, and be more realistic.

50? What? If you’re lucky and play a whole lot, sure, but 1 DC isn’t even a lot.

Flag Post

Maybe 10? I mean, there’s not a whole lot you can do with DC but draft and get promos. 1000 rares to 1 epic is pretty extreme to me, and when you draft even on a rare week you aren’t gonna get anywhere near your money back. The best you can get from a draft is a legendary or epic if you’re lucky, so you’re gonna have to spend a couple hundred DC getting a random and a few good rares. Then recycling the rares you’d only get a few DC back. Even with gold packs you have about a 60% chance of rare, so it’d take 17 gold packs on average to get 1 DC from that exchange. The best other packs are DC or discontinued, so really it’s not all that great.

Flag Post

Tophat, Vortex Bulwark, Mirror rorriM, Oroc Wrecker

I have no regrets.

Flag Post

It’s new but seems OK to me so far. I am lvl 180 and have the tophat, vortex bulwark, and oroc wrecker from it so far. I am one Pillar of Light from making a Golden Glory which will be great since I haven’t managed to get one to drop yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fizban7:

It doesn’t have to be 25/50 of the same card though… it can be 10 of one, 5 of another, 15 of a third, etc.

On the other hand, it’s not any 25/50 cards of the same rank either. I have 50 non-foil commons, but I can’t even make another common with them because the Nexus only has six slots — which hold at most 13 of those commons. (My three foils wouldn’t get me to 25 either, unless each of them counted as at least six non-foil copies.)