Bring Back Rare Packs

35 posts

Flag Post

I would like to see the return of Rare Packs. However i don’t want to see them as only a premium pack. Is anyone with me on this?

 
Flag Post

Bring back dem Rare Packs arrrh! #,_,^

 
Flag Post

Rare packs were never sold as premium packs, they cost 10K gold. They will prbably return in a future promotion much like the Promo Packs.

 
Flag Post

Yeah, that’s what he means, I think. Bring em back, but not as a premium pack or cards.

 
Flag Post

They are a promotion. They’ll be back. It could be next week or next month, like all promos.

 
Flag Post

If they bring back rare packs as a regular pack no one would buy gold packs unless they were on discount sale (which is what already happens but still…).

 
Flag Post

Rare packs can’t be used for drafts, so trust me plenty of people would still buy Gold packs.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SilverRose7:

Rare packs can’t be used for drafts, so trust me plenty of people would still buy Gold packs.

… On the discount weeks, unless they want to waste gold. 600K sets you for 3 months worth of drafts and that is for regular paying. players. Which wouldn’t even need them since they can just win 3 PvP duels at ease and be set for a draft.

 
Flag Post

I would like to see them return forever and maybe have a bit heftier price tag 1250 or 1500 as to not overshadow gold packs.

 
Flag Post

It would have to be higher, at least 50k.

 
Flag Post

NO. You get an average of .65 rares per gold. Rare packs are pretty much the same except the chances are for 4 cards instead of 5. So if you’re looking purely for rares, the rare pack is 1.5-2 times better. So at MOST you’d have it cost 20k, as that’s about the same rares, with slightly less variation. If they are brought back for gold, a reasonable price is 15k, because no one is going to buy it if you get less or the same rares.

 
Flag Post

I agree with r2d2go. 15k is a fair price. But guys, the important part is that other players see this and comment. Without a large backing for Rare Packs they will not come back so spread the word! (just don’t be annoying about it)

 
Flag Post

As someone who actually spends money on this game, I am voting for rare packs. If it were 15k, and say 20 DC, thats about $2 a pack, and I would actually drop some cash for some packs!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Odrinn:

As someone who actually spends money on this game, I am voting for rare packs. If it were 15k, and say 20 DC, thats about $2 a pack, and I would actually drop some cash for some packs!

Umm, 20 DC is less than the DC price of a gold pack…

 
Flag Post

Welll… I dont really need rares, per se, untill they release a new set. However, a pack that drops significantly more craft mats would be good, so I can build stuff like scorched and glory, preferably before level 500 (Halfway there!)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by r2d2go:

NO. You get an average of .65 rares per gold. Rare packs are pretty much the same except the chances are for 4 cards instead of 5. So if you’re looking purely for rares, the rare pack is 1.5-2 times better. So at MOST you’d have it cost 20k, as that’s about the same rares, with slightly less variation. If they are brought back for gold, a reasonable price is 15k, because no one is going to buy it if you get less or the same rares.

Absolute lie, I’ve gone thirteen gold packs without a rare. That’s not a lie, pure green every time. Bug? I don’t know. True though.

 
Flag Post

Mahalko: That’s just bad luck on the randomiser, took me ages to get a rare and then in a recent pack I got three. Chances are like that, there’s nothing that can save you from a bad run on the dice no matter what you try.

I do agree with this though, I’d pay 15k happily, I’d pay 20k if the chance was double for sure. Would definitely like to see rare packs out.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Setirb:

If they bring back rare packs as a regular pack no one would buy gold packs unless they were on discount sale (which is what already happens but still…).

Originally posted by Setirb:
Originally posted by SilverRose7:

Rare packs can’t be used for drafts, so trust me plenty of people would still buy Gold packs.

… On the discount weeks, unless they want to waste gold. 600K sets you for 3 months worth of drafts and that is for regular paying. players. Which wouldn’t even need them since they can just win 3 PvP duels at ease and be set for a draft.

Originally posted by r2d2go:

NO. You get an average of .65 rares per gold. Rare packs are pretty much the same except the chances are for 4 cards instead of 5. So if you’re looking purely for rares, the rare pack is 1.5-2 times better. So at MOST you’d have it cost 20k, as that’s about the same rares, with slightly less variation. If they are brought back for gold, a reasonable price is 15k, because no one is going to buy it if you get less or the same rares.

Gold packs are something like this:
18% rare
18% common
64% uncommon

Rare packs actually aren’t that much better:
1 fixed rare
5% rare
20% common
75% uncommon

So they are quite balanced. In the one week rare packs were out, i mainly bought gold anyway.

 
Flag Post

Just got a rare on the fifteenth gold pack, woot! :D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Gold packs are something like this:
18% rare
18% common
64% uncommon

Rare packs actually aren’t that much better:
1 fixed rare
5% rare
20% common
75% uncommon

So they are quite balanced. In the one week rare packs were out, i mainly bought gold anyway.

What? Unless I horribly misunderstood, those percentages aren’t how each card’s rarity is defined.
(I construe you to mean that each card in a Gold pack has that listed percentage chance to be of a certain rarity.)

Gold packs, as are other packs, are on a fixed set of card arrangements.
So far, I’ve only seen these:
UUUUU
CUUUR
CUURR
Never have I ever received more than two rares in a Gold pack. Similarly, I have never received more than one common in a gold pack.

Silver:
CCCCU
CCCUU

Bronze:
CCCCC
CCCCU
CCCUU

Of course, these are just the rarity sets I’ve ever seen. But keep in mind that I’ve purchased approximately two hundred Bronze packs and Gold packs each.
I probably only ever bought around fifteen Silver packs, and that was just for the hell of it.

If, as your percentages dictate, a card’s rarity is so determined, then I find it incredibly unlikely that I should have gone my entire game experience without so much as a single pack violating the rarity sets I have just now presented.

Originally posted by Mahalko128:

Just got a rare on the fifteenth gold pack, woot! :D

Lady Luck frowns upon you, but the game is certainly not broken.
Assuming that the chance of getting a pack of all uncommons is approximately 40% (Which I find it to be.), the chance of you getting fourteen consecutive packs of that rarity set is (4/10)^14, or 0.00027%.
Well, it’s got to happen to someone.
(You probably exaggerated a bit too, didn’t ch’ya… ಠnಠ )

 
Flag Post

^^ That is why we need Rare Packs.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkSlash001:
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Gold packs are something like this:
18% rare
18% common
64% uncommon

Rare packs actually aren’t that much better:
1 fixed rare
5% rare
20% common
75% uncommon

So they are quite balanced. In the one week rare packs were out, i mainly bought gold anyway.

Silver:
CCCCU
CCCUU

I probably only ever bought around fifteen Silver packs, and that was just for the hell of it.

Therefore, your thingy is inaccurate. I have gotten CCCCC in silver.
PS. Look at an earlier post. Someone got: UURRR in a gold pack.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:
Originally posted by DarkSlash001:
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Gold packs are something like this:
18% rare
18% common
64% uncommon

Rare packs actually aren’t that much better:
1 fixed rare
5% rare
20% common
75% uncommon

So they are quite balanced. In the one week rare packs were out, i mainly bought gold anyway.

Silver:
CCCCU
CCCUU

I probably only ever bought around fifteen Silver packs, and that was just for the hell of it.

Therefore, your thingy is inaccurate. I have gotten CCCCC in silver.
PS. Look at an earlier post. Someone got: UURRR in a gold pack.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they did just because they said so. Plus the chance is more than likely so low that it doesn’t affect the statistics by a marginally noticeable manner. Silver is also negligible as it doesn’t really affect the reason for this thread.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by secretjesus:

That doesn’t necessarily mean they did just because they said so.

Did what?

 
Flag Post

It doesn’t mean that they actually got 3 rares in one pack. People exaggerate quite a bit and so without proof it’s hard to say that it’s true when only one person has experienced it.