Zone three

32 posts

Flag Post

I need some help on Zone three. I know one of the tips, using ‘Heart breaker’ to negate the NPC, but what about the arrow? And, I don’t think I need to mention that the ‘strategy’ isn’t very good, because the heart breakers don’t really drop a lot, and I only have one.

Flag Post

try using lots of torments then wiz bane or magekiller in a small deck, also if you dont have those (like me) you can just build a powerfull melee deck with no magic and minimal healing to just punch through b4 he can build up enough MCs, (about 75% win rate if you play smart), also, potion of nullification makes him start over.

Flag Post

You can farm previos zones on higher difficulty to get gold, if you are not strong enough. Also, z1 brawl drop lot of CbtS and BoG.
Other that that, personally, I just built 3 special decks:
Mages: Heartbreaker, spirit ward, potion-of-mc-envy, and then high damage cards. Just kill him before he kills you. I got ~70% winnrate with single ward, so it can be done even when weak. Just expect to use more enegry than optimal. Obviously, class was assassin.
Wolves: All heal cards you have, torments, high shield cards. Kick tali of slaying, as well as skulls and such. Obviosly, most heals are magic, so u want to pick sentinel.
Assassins: Always problematic, torment and CbtS help a little, but mostly, you want to get lucky, and kill him as fast as possible. So assassin, as much damage as possible. I learned that heals dont help much, since he will ussually damage you more than you heal. Though, try adding as many damage cards as possible, more lives can give you that one turn you need to win. And no, arrows cannot be countered (at least when you only have one heartbreaker), if he plays 3 in a row, just concede :-\.

Flag Post

Mages: If Pyre, you can use Torment-Spirit Ward-Blood Bond or whatever that deck is.
If Sent or Sin, cut out all magic from your deck and play high damaging melee/ranged/generic weapons.

Wolves: If Pyre or Sent, run a lot of heals.
If Sin, try to use Cloak and Dagger, Torment, Greater Recovery Shot, Glug and Glass. And anything else that doesn’t nuke too hard and would do a little damage at a time. If you have Martyrs, you should definately use those.

Assassins: Torment, CBtS, not really much way to deal with them, but most don’t have too much trouble with them. Just use a standard deck, I guess? (And pray they don’t chain Weakening Shot)

Flag Post

Uh, I don’t know what the acronyms are. Can you repeat the posts in English?

Flag Post

NPC – those cards that do not deplete after playing
MC – Magic counter
CBtS – Calm before the storm,
BoG – Blades of Glory, both z1 brawls loot
z# – zone #, number seen on quest map
Sen,Sin,Pyr – classes, SENtinel, assasSIN, PYRelord

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkStorn:

NPC – those cards that do not deplete after playing
MC – Magic counter
CBtS – Calm before the storm,
BoG – Blades of Glory, both z1 brawls loot
z# – zone #, number seen on quest map
Sen,Sin,Pyr – classes, SENtinel, assasSIN, PYRelord

lol, no wonder the acronym for assassin is SIN

Flag Post

You might put some heals in your deck for the assasins since they are the only usefull cards when he plays weakening shot.

Flag Post

I’m at the mine entrance, and the mages are the only things annoying me right now. I can’t really make the decks, because I don’t have the cards. Where can I get them?

Flag Post

Join a clan and do clan brawls for the smashed hats for wizards bane. Even having just 1 will make all zone 3 mages a pushover with a deck that consists of nothing but spirit wards, torments, and wizard bane.

Flag Post

Z1 brawls gets you CBtS/BoG. I only had spirit ward of all those “recommended” cards, and I had “better-than-nothing” winrate of 70%.
Also, if you buy ~50 bronze packs, you should get Talisman of slaying, which is Assassins best friend :-)

Flag Post

just go do some brawls for the next period…
basically enter anything that u can….
even the worse cards u get in those are decent for a beginner
and don`t worry.. if the one that initiated the brawl thinks u are too small it will not start with u inside…

Flag Post

I did the first few mages really good with assasin just a tonne of high damaging attacks.

Also if you are really lucky getting good revenge cards (Avengening and Ghost master tonic), you can defeat them too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UndeadNecro:

I’m at the mine entrance, and the mages are the only things annoying me right now. I can’t really make the decks, because I don’t have the cards. Where can I get them?

For Spirit Ward, you’re out of luck. They phased those out of packs in 3rd clash and the nexus recipe components are pretty tough to scrape up (mainly elixirs of warding, and you need five just to craft one pathetic ward).

Flag Post
Originally posted by technoshaman:

Join a clan and do clan brawls for the smashed hats for wizards bane. Even having just 1 will make all zone 3 mages a pushover with a deck that consists of nothing but spirit wards, torments, and wizard bane.

No clans will accept me. I’ve really given up by now. Any other ideas?

Z1 brawls gets you CBtS/BoG. I only had spirit ward of all those “recommended” cards, and I had “better-than-nothing” winrate of 70%.
Also, if you buy ~50 bronze packs, you should get Talisman of slaying, which is Assassins best friend :-)

I have the Talisman of slaying, but I only have Pyrelord and Sentinel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by technoshaman:

I have the Talisman of slaying, but I only have Pyrelord and Sentinel.

Find Z4 brawls (Crimson Courtesan, Black Knight, Savage Marauder, Manic Minstrel) for magekiller craft components – though CC is comparatively the easiest (though not easy at all), the others are very difficult for new players. I personally don’t think Wizard’s bane is a necessity, I did fine with magekillers.

Slaying works whether you’re an assassin or not. The only reason you’d want assassin is for planned assault (draft only), but there are quite a few ignore armor cards that work with all classes.

Sentinel works fine. You do not need to unlock anymore classes at this point. Use Pyre if you’re going to run torments.

Flag Post

Don’t give up trying to find a clan. A lot of the clans on the list ingame are inactive. Search the “Clan” discussion through the games main forum http://www.clashofthedragons.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?25-Clans-Recruitment-amp-Info

Flag Post

2x spirit wards (from pakcs) 1xheal (from packs) 1xmagekiller (u must do brawls)
I have same problem and solve it this way after one week playing brawls.

Flag Post

Spirit Wards are not in packs any more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zeru:

Spirit Wards are not in packs any more.

lolol Sucks to be new player eh?

Flag Post

It does.

Flag Post

you can craft spirit wards… http://www.clashofthedragons.com/forum/showthread.php?7184-Nexus-Recipe-List

Flag Post

i’m stuck in z3 too…mages are killing my noobish CbtS and BoG deck…tried many combination, small deck, large deck, with or without torment, with or without healing (no potions, nor alchemist)…and i’m just losing!
…now i’m joining any kind of brawl hoping to be able to craft some decent card like magekiller….

my two cents: between z2 and z3 the difficulty increase too much…it’s almost impossible to build a decent deck from gold pack, and join random brawl hoping that someone else win for you is not really fun…

if a brawl is supposed to be unlocked after z4, you should be able to beat z3 and z4 “easily” without that card….

Flag Post

Have you tried using Blood Bond? Torment until they have a decent amount of counters, then Blood Bond and if they use their MC nuke on you they’ll kill themselves first.
Just a heads up, there’s mobs in z4 that are essentially the same fight with Acid Flasks thrown in, so hitting them with a 40+ Magekiller will hurt you more than help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ecyc333:

Have you tried using Blood Bond? Torment until they have a decent amount of counters, then Blood Bond and if they use their MC nuke on you they’ll kill themselves first.
Just a heads up, there’s mobs in z4 that are essentially the same fight with Acid Flasks thrown in, so hitting them with a 40+ Magekiller will hurt you more than help.

thx for suggestion…for the moment i’ve solved my problem crafting just one magekiller and using torments…other enemies looks much more easier…
i will try to gain blood bond too ;)