Scroll of the Dark Dreamer - useful or not?

12 posts

Flag Post

Just for memory – SotDD is obtained by Nexus from Gold Packs bonus items (Sinister Journals).

Scroll of the Dark Dreamer (Third Clash, #601) is an epic Talisman card with 0 attack and 0 defense.

Survivor 15: If you play Scroll of the Dark Dreamer from hand, your opponent banishes 10. You Heal 25.

I’ve played DOZENS of games and no single time I managed to use this card. Never. Is there any way to make SotDD useful?

Flag Post

1 word of explanation…. I didnt use it, because it never came to my hand…

Flag Post

it’s a talisman. you an draw it only when you have nothing but talis and pots in deck. That means it is basically useless : the chance that damages deplete all the magic/mele/NPC cards and not the tali AND you draw the tali on next turn are ver, very unlikely.
compare with a lamp, ToA, GoWK, and then you know what you lose by putting him in a deck.

Flag Post

You can only draw Talismans when you have no other choice (other than potions).

Best way would be to take 0 damage and slowly play away your other cards (and no NPCs)

Flag Post

Might be doable with Medea if you turtle up with Hard to kills

Flag Post

It is an OP card if it would be easily play-able. It is fine to remove it from your deck, since it is made to be a last resort. If you are really planning to use it, you have to do a lot of battles and consume a ton of time to finally draw it.

Flag Post

I had this used against me in PvP once; it was dramatic. Scroll is a game-changing card, but it’s also a last resort and almost impossible to use. If you have a lot of other talismans that would be better, the consistency of them will outweigh the scroll in the long term. However, it can be worth holding onto; think of it like a super-critical hit. It’s not something you can rely on, but it’s awesome when it happens.

Flag Post

Consider how rarely you force a potion/talisman draw in normal play. It should be easy to sense SotDD’s appearance rate without testing it out.

Troll craft where a real one could’ve gone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vedranp:

Might be doable with Medea if you turtle up with Hard to kills

Think this hits it on the mark. Useable only if you can turtle in such a manner that you take no damage, but draw through your full deck.

Flag Post

It has no place in any deck.

The only use this card would be in some weird extreme situation, but said situation is one you should never expect to see anyway.

Imagine you can add a bash or a greater bash to your deck. You will take greater bash of course. The only situation where bash would be better is in some weird counter damage situation, but the amount of times that extreme situation will occur to not compensate for the sheer loss of damage.

I do not believe there is any deck that this card has a place in, and if anyone has made a deck with it, they would be better served using another card.

Flag Post

There was a topic on the official forum that made it work…only against Banner of Dread decks. That’s about the only place it can be semi-reliably drawn.

Flag Post

If you build your entire deck around it, you might be able to consistently pull off SotDD every game. Then it would be useful – otherwise, only use it if you have no useful talismans. If pve, you could just use high defense cards/ hard to kills to draw out your deck. Much higher chance if attacks cannot pierce, lower if they can, low damage.

Edit: Also, it banishes, making it yummy against cycles (though bernie would be SO much easier)