Kong, please stop it

11 posts

Flag Post

No, really, the badgehunters don’t like it, the ones who already like the game don’t like the badgehunters, nobody is happy with the badges, maybe you and maaaaybe 5th planet, but it is just detrimental to the game, okay, I won’t lie, I came because of the first batch badges, and I am a firm believer that in the long run a couple of easy-medium badges make the community grow at the expense of harming it in the short term, but completing z3 takes a while, and level 25 is more than enough time to decide if you like the game or not.

Just think a bit before adding hard badges to these games

Flag Post

It’s also a kick in the teeth to all of the developers and fans of games that don’t have badges but deserve them. Not only do cash-grab games get badges, but they get badges TWICE now. It’s not even as if they have run out of games to add more badges to and this is hardly the most popular game on the site, so it’s obvious that cash has been the major incentive in this decision.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CriticalMiss:

so it’s obvious that cash has been the only incentive in this decision.

Fixed for accuracy.

Flag Post

MMOs get badged because kred purchases are a lot source of revenue, and with how many whales this game has..can you really blame kong for trying to get some more?

I came with the first batch of badges, played for a while(level 450 and at zone 11) and have since quit.(only clicked the game again to inherit the new badges).

You will not be affected much(other than people complaining in chats, which would happen regardless of the badges). You aren’t likely to see much of any of them in brawls, drafts, or pvp, so it’s just going to be chat, which is easy to deal with.

Do I agree with the hard badge? Well, they did say they would add a hard badge back in March, but I assumed they forgot. I think 1 more medium would have been sufficient enough to remind people that this game exists. The hard badge was overkill.

As it is, badges do not get removed easily, so you are stuck with this one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

As it is, badges do not get removed easily, so you are stuck with this one.

Removing Badges is not the point. Personally I want to get every Badge that has been added, especially if it’s only there for a limited time. What I do want however is prevent Kongregate from adding Badges to shitty games in the future. I was not very pleased when this game first got Badges, but I could live with it, since they were quite easy and quick to get, but seeing that Kong added more Badges to it really annoyed me, especially because the hard one seems to be a very lengthy one (and I agree with it being “Overkill”, hehe)…

Flag Post

This game is actually one of the best MMOs I’ve seen in terms of moneygrabbing. they actually make it HARDER to Pay to Win by giving tons of free premium packs and DC, and making packs expensive with real money. I think it deserved the 1st two badges, because the game is pretty good, but the next two were… kind of meh, especially the hard badge. I think this game’s badges aren’t too bad though, because it actually doesn’t take too much active time to clear the zones, just a lot of waiting. Basically, it’s not too bad and this game is much better than others when it comes to moneygrabbing.

Flag Post

Yes, there are definitely worse badged games (not just MMOs) on Kongregate. But I still really really hate it when Kong adds Badges to a game and then after a long time decides to add more Badges to it.

And personally I hate Badges/Achievements that take up lots of time for no reason, I prefer it when they are hard to get instead.

Flag Post

This should be considered a Pay to Play game, since you have to buy energy refills to play more than 10 minutes

Flag Post
Originally posted by Meriadok:

This should be considered a Pay to Play game, since you have to buy energy refills to play more than 10 minutes

O shut up , if u cant wait for another day then pls leave this game

Flag Post

If humanity stood by “take it or leave it” and the status quo, we’d still be telling Mr. Let’s-Try-Fire to eat his meat raw or leave.

Low level characters have smaller pools than most energy freemiums, but later that pool grows larger than most of them as well. I don’t think CotD really pushes energy, in fact I’d say less than 5P’s other (more facebook’y) games. Sooner or later you’ll learn that energy’s use isn’t all that great towards overall capability gains.

It’s pretty important towards the badge(s) though, I’m not terribly impressed by that. Kong site players are more tolerant of long badges when they’re grind’y, not wait’y.

Flag Post

I’d arguee that energy IS important i have 101 energy sinks to farm, brawls for cards, but this is not a badge game you can play for a few hours get the hard badge and go ‘meh’ not for me….that hard badge will take weeks, possiabky more….

But as discussed the amount of whales this game has, kong will want to promote it, and so will the developers, so getting a ‘hook’ badge going or heck badge hunters buying energy refills