Suggestions

976 posts

Flag Post

Please post any suggestions you have for the game here. You can also check our Suggestions section in our official forums here

Flag Post

Well I already posted this on another thread, so I will just repost since this is the right place.

About the issue with double click to play card and sometimes not recognizing the second click, wich seems to be a common problem amongst most players.

How about making it dragging a card to the “play card area” to play it? Is a method most card games use (Not necessary online ones), because it prevents from accidentally playing the card (You can click or double click by accident, but dragging isn’t something you don’t make on purpose). It’s also more fun and close to the real life experience, since you don’t play cards poking them with your finger IRL card games (Unless you’re an adept of the force).

If this is something hard to program or implement to the game, please forgive me and ignore this since I don’t know a lot about game programming, just making a suggestion here.

Flag Post

Playing card:

I’m also going to reiterate my suggestion of changing single-click to playing a card. I understand you said other options were explored but not found acceptable, but there are so many possible methods to implement this that I find it difficult to believe. This is clearly an issue that all players agree on, based on feedback so far.

Brawls:

Change entry to a queue system. Having to click refresh over and over, only to make it a matter of who refreshes at the right moment and can click “Join” the fastest, is a horrible way to determine who gets into brawls. By creating a queue, people will join in the order they entered, and play will be more evenly distributed without requiring the players to waste their time on menial actions.

Clans:

Show us the status of our application.

Daily Reward pop-up:

I know in the other thread you said this only comes up when the chest is available, but that is not true. The chest screen only appears when it is time, but the Daily Reward window with all 7 days showing appears at every login. It serves no purpose other than forcing me to click “Dismiss”.

Flag Post

A few small issues I have:

1) Energy is depleted immediately when you start a PvE match, however, rewards are given after resolution. If, for some reason, you disconnect during the match, you have lost your energy, but get no rewards. Wasted energy, which is probably your most valuable asset, is extremely frustrating. Perhaps make it so that your energy isn’t depleted until match resolution. I.E. at the same time as you get your gold/exp rewards.

2) Many cards NPCs have contain an “Enemy deck” text. To me, this makes me think that it’s referring to my (the player’s) deck since the “enemy” of that card is me. Just remove that text from the cards, so it sounds like the card is referring to whoever is playing it (in this case the NPC). That would make far more sense.

3) I’ve not actually done any PvP matches, but I’ve seen many people complain that there isn’t enough incentive to do so. Perhaps if you regained energy based on opponent’s level from matches. Regain energy equal to their level if you win, half of their level if you lose. For example: a lvl 40 player fights a lvl 100 player. The lvl 100 player wins. The lvl 100 player recharges 40 energy and the lvl 40 player recharges 50 energy. This way even losing to someone who far outclasses you isn’t so frustrating.

4) I also agree with the single-click to play a card. If you really need to see details on your card, go to your deck editor and look at details there. It’s annoying when the game doesn’t recognize the double-click in a 1/5 ratio or so as it happens to me.

5) Just got to zone 2, and the difference in difficulty from zone 1 is insane; however, the rewards are …. pretty much the same. Why would I want to fight a match I could quite likely lose, when I can expend the same energy in zone 1, use three cards, and win and get a whopping 2 exp less? The rewards for zone 2 need to be increased in proportion to difficulty increase.

6) Selling cards/equipment. Everyone else has mentioned this, and it really is an issue. Trying to find that one card that you just got, but it’s buried in a pile of lesser ice bolts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pancakes148:

1) Energy is depleted immediately when you start a PvE match, however, rewards are given after resolution. If, for some reason, you disconnect during the match, you have lost your energy, but get no rewards. Wasted energy, which is probably your most valuable asset, is extremely frustrating. Perhaps make it so that your energy isn’t depleted until match resolution. I.E. at the same time as you get your gold/exp rewards.

2) Many cards NPCs have contain an “Enemy deck” text. To me, this makes me think that it’s referring to my (the player’s) deck since the “enemy” of that card is me. Just remove that text from the cards, so it sounds like the card is referring to whoever is playing it (in this case the NPC). That would make far more sense.

Ditto on these.

Also, forgot to mention another: Selling Cards.

I’m dreading navigating through my collection as it continues to build with all the useless cards that I won’t be able to get rid of. I already have several cards I want to sell, and this is only going to grow. Please don’t make me keep this annoying “Sparkles” card!

Flag Post

i already made a topic but anyways:
1) Resume battle feature is a complete need in internet games i think =3

2)chat on brawl waiting, to discuse strategy, get friendly, etc..

3)a nice feature would also be a questing mode like a sucession of consecutive battles were you can go with X amount of players, or alone or with clans =3, and you heal a little amount after each battle, ending with a boss battle.

4)a selling equipment/cards function

5) PvP rewards, rating.

6) last one, archievements with rewards, daily or one time only, like example wining a PvP battle with the last card of your deck

well thanks to all of those who read the feedbacks and work hard to create the game, also the players who give that feedbak, we can all move this game foward with everyones support, it have great potential =3

Flag Post

1) Training Zone. Have a no energy cost, no rewards training zone where players can test their decks against either the quest NPCs (or other Training Zone NPC’s that have some of the quest NPC cards/powers). Benefits: Can still play and explore the game with no energy, but it doesn’t advance your character (leaving the leveling, time delay, renvenue generating model, etc. intact – in fact, it might tempt more players to buy/use Dragon Coins).

Maybe a PvP version of the above where you play other player’s decks (or even your own alternate decks) – like Arena mode in Tyrant

2) Like others said – make it so you don’t have to double click to play a card. Have multiple clicks to view a card in battle instead. Whatever action is used most (playing a card) should always take the least effort

3) Make more craftable items (including Packs) from spare/extra cards. Would give long term incentives to players who already have 10x copies of a card, Example: 10 of same rare crafts you a Mystery Pack, 20 of same common crafts you a Bronze Pack. Would remove some of the frustration of getting multiple copies of a previously owned card in a hard earned pack. Gives collectors/card hunters a feeling that “every pack opened puts me closer to finishing the set/getting the card I want”. Also gives true “free” players a path (albeit a very long and time consuming one) to have a “chance” (albeit a small one) of getting the epics and legendaries. Yes, I know drafting already provides this opportunity, but this opens it up to solo accomplishment without waiting on others.

4) Make an accessible “checklist” showing Quantities of all cards owned/not owned from a set.

5) Allow equipment to be upgraded with crafted items. To avoid rapid power creep, upgrades can be in 10% increments – example, 10% chance to get additional +1 weapon damage. Each 10% harder to get then previous 10%, Cap it at +100%. You already have the mechanism in place to make 10% chance type actions work. This also adds a “slight” unpredictability to card effects, since you can’t “rely” on that extra +1 of equipment to activate, but still have to plan for either scenario (like the cards today that do 2-3 damage range instead of a single damage number)

6) New equipment skills, usable only once per battle. Examples: Heal 1, Deplete 1, Counter the first Torment (or any other “skip your turn” mechanic) seen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pancakes148:

A few small issues I have:

There’s an issue with this. If someone sees that there’s no hope in their battle, they can refresh, saving energy to retry for better rewards.

Flag Post

Maybe save battle progress?

Flag Post

wow, fights against the infernal demons in the second zone are really tough, since AI has so powerful deck. that is actually not cool, unless you have a deck which consists mostly of rare and powerful cards it’s alaways gonna be a coinflip for you. oh btw, energy replenishes at a very slow rate, so my 36 lvl pyrelord basically wins about 3 battles, then I have to wait for 1 hour to try again. Definately not cool

Suggestion: increase the rate at wich energy is restored

Flag Post

Make it so gear from every class can appear in any area. Is nonsensical that only sentinels get gear in the firs area (which will take many days for an average player to clear).

Flag Post

Teranor – 3 & 4 are brilliant ideas, just wish I’d thought of them.

Scherke – Couldn’t agree more and have mentioned it elsewhere. The other point is that it means sentinels are very powerful in PVP as they’re much better equipped than anyone else. I’m frankly not going into PVP any more until I can get some Assassin gear as its just dispiriting.

Flag Post

have a player viewable dragoncoin log where we can see what we spent coins on

Flag Post

I’d love to be able to check the combat log when the battle is over, not just during the battle. Isn’t really an issue in single-player, but I don’t want to hold up a brawl, so I often have no idea what my allies or opponents are playing during brawls. An option to view the last fight log from the normal menu would be great.

I’m sure you guys have your reasons for not letting us sell/trade cards, but at least give us different folders or a “junk status” toggle to better organize collections. I can barely sift through the useless cards I’ve accumulated so far, and I’ve only been playing a few days.

Flag Post

post the time when clan msgs were posted and give all clan members a flashing icon when a clan brawl is available on all screens with an option of turning the icon off on acknowledgment. and show which members are online currently, thanks

also: when editing cards it would be nice to have a select none tab so when we want to look at a single category we dont have to deselect all others, and i would like a cards recently added tab thanks drakogrox

Flag Post
Originally posted by itsacpl:

also: when editing cards it would be nice to have a select none tab so when we want to look at a single category we dont have to deselect all others, and i would like a cards recently added tab

There’s a little trick to this, you can double click the desired category and it will just select that one, deselecting the rest :)

Flag Post

Oh, and better sizing. the game is too big for non-fullscreen mode on two different monitors

Flag Post

A minor one: Rassys’ Kiss and Galba’s bite should get a tweak. Not “If the next attack you play is a dark attack, Deplete 3” and “…light attack…”, but “Deplete 3 the next dark attack you play” and “…light attack” accordingly. It would look more realistic. However, I’ve never used these cards, so maybe they act this way already, and the description is inaccurate

Flag Post
Originally posted by NikitosNew:

A minor one: Rassys’ Kiss and Galba’s bite should get a tweak. Not “If the next attack you play is a dark attack, Deplete 3” and “…light attack…”, but “Deplete 3 the next dark attack you play” and “…light attack” accordingly. It would look more realistic. However, I’ve never used these cards, so maybe they act this way already, and the description is inaccurate

what you suggest would give different meaning . right now it means " if your very next attack is Dark, deplete 3, otherwise continue as normal and effect will fade right after that". The way you propose it would change the card’s effect to be " play what you like, but if at some point in any of your turns till end of the game you play a dark attack, then deplete 3"

Flag Post

Ok so there is only a few things that I don’t think alot of people have complained about befroe. (1) There should be some kind of way to rank clans and a way to have PvP battles against other clans. (2) there should be ways to make clans stronger like investing gold and dragon coins the make the clan stronger. (3) also one more small suggestion about clans the clan ranks are just letters by their names their is no explanation to what they mean and no way to tell what they are. (4) I think you definatly should increases the amount of armour and weapons you can buy. Their is a small generic amount also the first wuest area includes boots of walking on water I am really waiting for those to be implemented. (5) I think you should be able to trade cards with other player if not atleast sell cards back to shop because I end up with like 6 diffrent pairs of a card I don’t use Ide like to be able to sell the extras. (6) another thing PvP should be worth something its really just pointless except for the fact to test out your deck. There should also be and individual ranking for PvP. (7) now I am going to rant and rave about things everybody else complains about. Card prices are way to high, the only way to get anywhere quickly is to pay, etc. (8) this has been my rant and rave but I think the game is great and has a lot of potential their is so much more you could do with it. I do not want to see this game get blown up like all the other CCGs.

Flag Post

Yeah, that’s exactly that I meant. I do constantly try to make everything around me more logical. And the description says "The vengeful goddess smiles upon those who are merciless to their foes. But she abhors light and beauty, and anyone who turns to them after gaining her blessing is sure to incur her wrath. " I don’t think gods are forgetful.

But that’s just me, one nerd, you don’t have to listen to my mumbling :)

Flag Post

More crafting, yes. Teranor has some good ideas. What am I going to do with the 5 potions of eagle eye I can already make? even cashing one in for 1-5 random resources would be superb.

Better energy recovery. Yes, the boost on leveling is very nice. But the hour + for a 45 energy battle is annoying. Maybe a craftable energy boost or restore? I understand the Facebook design school, but the energy usage will get compared to Tyrant, and Tyrant’s is better.

Flag Post

Would it be possible to add friends directly in the game because I don’t want to link the game to Facebook and I play it only on Kongregate?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TnargYtsanad:

Would it be possible to add friends directly in the game because I don’t want to link the game to Facebook and I play it only on Kongregate?

You can add players on Kongregate to your friends and then they will be your friends on Clash of the Dragons, what you can’t at the moment is add friends that play on facebook.

Flag Post

The current price for dragon coins is really, really high.

Now, I totally understand that you want to make money, and thats fine with me. But five dollars for five energy refills, ten dollars for one booster? Not going to happen. I will never spend any cash on the game.

If we were talking about one dollar for ten refills (so, 10 kreds = 100 coins) or a pack for two bucks, I might drop spend a couple dollars on the game every once in a while.. Drastically lowering your prices for dragon coins will not only get you good will and likely a larger base of players (increasing ad revenue), but will increase your income, as you will go from having a small core of people willing to spend (comparatively) large amounts of money to a large number of people dropping a few bucks here and there.

Again, im not just sitting here whining about how things evil you are for wanting to make money, I am just a person who would like to spend money on your game… but at these prices, never, ever will.