2 Questions

11 posts

Flag Post

Contest Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals 13 years of age or older, have not previously uploaded a game on Kongregate
I did upload 3 games, but i’m not a great developer, i don’t know anything about making shooter games, i should be able to participate, that’s not fair.
And also, the shootorial works with Flash Professional 8?

Flag Post

Generally, the limit that you cannot enter if you’ve uploaded a game before is so that experienced programmers with multiple games out can enter. Since there isn’t a way to find out whether or not someone is experienced or not, they have to use the number of games uploaded to reflect the experience of the developer.

The tutorials work fine as long as you have Flash 8 or higher, so yes.

Flag Post

What if you posted a game you didn’t make waaaaaaay back in 2006 when you were a noob, and it has since been removed?

Flag Post

I’m not sure. Under the current rules, you cannot enter, because you had programming experience. The contest is aimed more towards people just starting off, but you might talk to someone in charge of the contest if your submission has been deleted.

Flag Post

Still there can be a famous dev that jsut entered in with a super game ha made in a day, and win easily, its jsut kind of stupid.

Flag Post

There’s really no way to really tell how experienced the developer is.

Flag Post

Exactly so I could make an alt and enter it on that and possibly win, what then?

Flag Post

You would be disqualified:

Entrants may not enter the Contest with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities. Any entrant who does so, or uses any device or artifice to circumvent the Official Rules may be disqualified and all of their entries forfeited.

Flag Post

Ok, i jsut still think its kind of stupidhow if you make even the crapiest game, just for a D, your then you out of the running.

Flag Post

I understand, but you should take it up with one of the Kong admins, I don’t really have a say in whether you can bypass the rules.

Flag Post

I dont understand