A Strange Question

3 posts

Flag Post

I have a kind of strange question. It’s my understanding you can get points on Kong by being a game developer. I was thinking about uploading a game in a few weeks, but I don’t want to get any points from it.* I know I could manage this by creating a second account, but that would make it more difficult to respond to questions and concerns from users. Is there some way to either avoid having points given to me or to give a different account permissions to respond to comments?

*I have no real interest in points, and I’ve long tried to only get points from badges. It gives me an easy way to measure how well I’m doing on collecting badges. I don’t expect many people to care about that, but I figure it is worth asking if there are any features already in place I could make use of.

Flag Post

Nope, you upload a game and it gets good ratings, you get points. No way around it. Why not user Badge Master to check out your points you get from games and more!

Flag Post
Originally posted by L_Deathnote:

Nope, you upload a game and it gets good ratings, you get points. No way around it. Why not user Badge Master to check out your points you get from games and more!

Because if I start getting many points from things other than badges, my points will no longer represent my badges. If I get points from a game I make, my points represent badges + games, and thus it isn’t a convenient measure of anything. Once you start getting points from all the optional sources, all those points represent is how much time you’ve put into certain things on this site. And since I’d find it tedious to try to keep up with all the ways to get points on this site,* I have no intention of ever going for those alternative sources of points.

I think I may just have to create a second account to upload games under. That would let me still track my points from badges/games separately. It might make responding to users a little more tedious, but that’s okay. Heck, maybe it’ll prevent me from getting as many random whispers from players!

*In addition to the tedium, my current internet connection is bandwidth limited. That puts further limits on what I can/want to do.