Winners Announced!

50 posts

Flag Post

Hi guys,

We’re excited to announce the winners of the Scion Shootorial! contest.

1st Place and $250 to jimmy_raynor for river raid
2nd Place and $150 to dahnraelz for elastic
3rd Place and $150 to leandropug for g-virus

We were also extremely impressed by astro75’s gravity master but regretfully disqualified it from the contest rankings because not enough of the game was based on the Shootorials. However, Gravity Master will be featured along with the three winners on the homepage during the next week for a points challenge. A fifth game — Greg’s Pick — will also be featured (once Greg has picked it that is!)

Congratulations to the winners and all the entrants — we were blown away with the quality of your submissions, and are excited to see the games you make in the future.

Flag Post

Congrats Jimmy!

Flag Post

Congrats to the winners.

I hope the hard work paid off for them and everyone else that took part. Even if you didn’t win, hopefully you learned useful skills; and not forgetting that sweet sweet ad revenue. :)

Sticky? ;)

Flag Post

Stickied, plus I’m posting in the main forums and as a news post.

Flag Post

Kongrats all! So you guys decided G-virus didn’t cheat?

Flag Post

We were also extremely impressed by astro75’s gravity master but regretfully disqualified it from the contest rankings because not enough of the game was based on the Shootorials.

So when you guys said “it could be a shooter, a racing game, a platformer, or something else entirely,” was that a lie?

Flag Post

Yes, we cleared out all the fraudulent voting before we determined the rankings.

Flag Post

So when you guys said “it could be a shooter, a racing game, a platformer, or something else entirely,” was that a lie?

No, it could be any type of game, but it did need to use a reasonable amount of the Shootorial code as a base. We corresponded with Astro75 to discuss how much of the code was on the Shootorial base. While some parts were, he already had this game in progress before we released the Shootorials. We thought that featuring his game but disqualifying him from the prize pool was a fair compromise; he’ll probably earn as much from that in ad revenue as the contest prizes.

Flag Post

Kongrats all! So you guys decided G-virus didn’t cheat?

Pink Jean Luc. It fell from ~3rd to 45th.

Flag Post

Congrats to everyone. This def was a really interesting contest. Hope to see more games from all the people that entered, you guys have some serious talent!

Flag Post

Congrats to the winners :)

I’m kind of sad that I didn’t keep third place despite all my ratings being legit but :*(

Flag Post

i was rooting for elastic, so glad to see it up there. an original concept with a really good feel… from a beginner? i thought it was very impressive

Flag Post

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sorry for spam. I just tend to be overacting when Im happy :D

Oh yes and congratz to jimmy raynor and maybe leandropug if he didn’t cheat :)

Flag Post

Congratulations everybody! I was really surprised to see the river raid game in there. But I’ve allways been a supporter of the elastic game.

So Emily, is there Any chance you will post a full list of the contest entries with the updated ratings but calculated back to the moment the contest ended? I really wanna see how my game did at that moment..

Flag Post

MAN!!! I’m very ( very ) happy. It is my first game ever made! In i get 3rd!
I want to tks everybody who like my game, and I promised to fix all errors and bugs, and made it more complete!
Tks everyone one more time!

Flag Post

I DIDNT CHEAT !!!!!!!

Flag Post

Iam working in a big society and on the last days of the contest i sent a mail to everybody. But i never ask anyone to downvoting. People probably not know how to sort by rating, i just sent to them the url of my game.
I am really sad.
:-(

Flag Post

That doesn’t matter PinkComp. The way the staff set this up is so that no fingers have to be pointed, you should be happy whether or not you cheated.

Flag Post

Happy for what ?? My game in the top 5 during all the contest and now iam 45th !
So no, iam not happy.

Flag Post

But since you’re game was upvoted by cheaters, why would you be happy that it was in 5th place? Besides you still have a great game, the difference between 5th and 45th place is like what 0.2 stars? And I usually find it easier to judge a persons character by their friends, but as I said no use pointing fingers…

Flag Post

But why cheater would upvoted my game ?

Flag Post

You’re asking me? If you actually did put people up to it don’t worry, you don’t have to save your butt, as I explained earlier. If you didn’t cheat than thats a legitimate question to which none of us probably have an answer.

Flag Post

Thank you very much emily_greer. I think that you made a fair decision for my game.

Flag Post

I second Salvator’s request…I really wanna know how I did in the competition, where I stood at the time of the deadline. Due to a lot of fluctuating in my placement…it could have been anywhere. ^^

Flag Post

Congratulations to the winners, and the other entrants.

It’s a pity that there was apparent cheating involved in the contest, particularly so if Pink was penalised unfairly.