Winners Announced! page 2

50 posts

Flag Post

is it possible to see the non-classic version of river raid? i can’t stand the music as it gets very annoying quickly, the controls are horrible and i definitely won’t waste my time to play through 5 levels of this “game” only to see how the non-classic version looks. but i really would like to see why it got voted first, there must be a reason after all.

the other 2 games are very nice.

Flag Post

What happened to river raid? It didn’t get a challenge…

Flag Post

Whoops, Greg put the start and end of the challenge as the same. Fixed now.

Flag Post

I’m still disappointed that Flying Japanese Businessmen didn’t get a very good rating. And overall, I’m disappointed in the entire community’s reaction to the competition. It is ridiculous that the game that won had a rating below 3.0. It, and many others, should have been much higher.

Flag Post

I guess people rated the games pretty much the same way they rate other games on the site. If you think that after a few weeks of work someone new to Flash was going to make a high-rated game, you must be under some kind of misapprehension. You can’t expect anyone to make a really good game in that time.

Of all the games I played (which is most of them), only two or three I would call “good” games, that, for example, I’d be glad to see badges for. None of the ones I liked got anywhere near page 1 of the rankings at all. There were a lot more games that showed promise as alpha versions of games, but you can’t really expect those to get good ratings.

Flag Post

Does anyone know if there will be a full list of results from the contest? It’d be nice to know where I stood. I understand if it’s complicated to go back and pull the info, but just checking 8-)

Flag Post

That game did not deserve top place, sorry.

Flag Post

There wasn’t enough voting time between the true close of uploads (this happened after the contest was supposed to end) and the close of voting. How much time is needed depends on the number of new games added, but I think that they need at least 4-7 days to settle out if there are lots added at once. If you look at current rankings, you can see that there have been changes.

Flag Post

Quite. For the first time since Spike on a Spring has been uploaded I’m ahead of it (it has almost no game play and that’s all it has going for it) and River Raid fell dramatically.

Flag Post

Well its mainly that if you look at the comments people are like “How is this a best game of the month?”

They don’t understand the cnocept of the shoot contest. Making it more clear would help.

Flag Post

Yup, we were discussing how next time for something like this we’ll have to pick finalists and put them on the homepage to ensure they get enough traffic/ratings before judging. And have a much longer period for rating, too. But as I said there were some weird timing constraints due to Scion’s needs.

I’m pleased that a bunch of the games have had their ratings go up after being featured.

Flag Post

every1 play my game woohoo lol. and im not updating it till its finished cause i like the foreverness of it

Flag Post

Or not featured. I’ve gained 0.03 since the official count without changing anything.

And already working on adding more stuff too :D

Flag Post

Recording for posterity, because it was never posted anywhere permanent and I don’t think people noticed when it was up (I know I didn’t and just went looking):

Save Planet Puggelon: Meat Hammer Edition was Greg’s pick

I remember that it had a challenge, but it isn’t one of the four winners at the top of this thread.

Flag Post

It’s my personal fave, and it seems like it’s done quite well post-badges. And it is interesting to see how gameplays shoot up after badges.

Flag Post

That game did not deserve top place, sorry. (2)

Flag Post

i hated all of the shoot games but like the easy 5 points for each game!

Flag Post

hyper make a better game if your going to make a criticism of other’s

Flag Post

UM I DONT GET IT

Flag Post

Don’t get what?

Flag Post

(Useless conversation!) lol xD

Flag Post

I wanted Meepo’s Reys Quest 7: Fighter Rey(KL) to win D= I heard a floating rumor that if somone has a game thats rated 2.5 or higher they can’t enter. Is this true? Because thats why some think meepo lost,

Flag Post

the cutoff was 3.00 stars on a previous game, and he had one just above (like 3.02?). Honestly, while many were worse than Reys Quest 7, there were many better and more popular entries. The main thing his had going for it was that it was part of the Rey series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kalinium:

Congratulations to the winners, and the other entrants.

It’s a pity that there was apparent cheating involved in the contest, particularly so if Pink was penalised unfairly.

Pretty much this ^

Flag Post

we need another competition. get some new developers on the go.