How do i consolidate my classes into one file?

9 posts

Flag Post

The title says it all, basically. I have several classes in seperate .as files (i used shootorial for help with my current game; normally i would code in the game, its new for me). Kong only lets you attach one seperate file on the upload screen….I’d try putting them all in a folder, but from my previous experience w/Web design, I’m thinking the .as files would be on a different “level” of folders. Any advice?

I have 10 seperate classes. not the most efficient way of doing things….

Flag Post

You should compile your .as files into a .swf file.

You should check out (the soon to be updated) How to make Flash games sticky in the programming forum.

Flag Post

Ah. Thank you!

Flag Post

So basically, put the code in frames, and it will still access/be accessed by the game?

Flag Post

What does your code look like? I think you’ve confused yourself a lot. And what IDE are you using?

Flag Post

I meant to say, copy the code from the .as files into keyframes of a seperate .swf? Because for each enemy instance, etc I created a separate actionscript file using shootorial, something I’ve never done before

Flag Post

It’s not the code thats the problem, but the files that the code contains

Flag Post

Oh, when you compile your code using Flash CS then it will generate the swf file which has your code in it.

Flag Post

I’m aware of that. I’m speaking of .as files SEPARATE from the /fla file my game is in..we’re on two entirely different levels of thinking. Thanks for your patience!