Forums Time World

Feedback and Suggestions page 87

3881 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sipitai:

When I look at a player’s profile, I see question marks for some items.
BUT, if they are top 50 for those, I can also see that value in the ranking tab.
It’s not such a mystery, so why have a ? mark for items that you can easily find out?

This is only true for the top fifty within your power range. It’s not a flaw but it’s the same formula for every player. It factors into your total power so I’m assuming that’s why it’s kept secret for the majority of players.

Flag Post

The answer is fairly easy imho, the devs don’t wish to waste time coding what you yourself say you can find easily. Besides it would require a bunch of extra server resources to check whether a certain player is in the top 50 for any stat that is normally hidden.
Overall, there’s no real gain, since you can find it in a click or 3 anyway and it would affect the server in a negative way, increasing the (chance at) lag.

Flag Post
rainingred

This idea goes against every aspect of Time World, every specific build is completed after a set amount of time giving you initiative to increase your builders. Make more builders and get more planets and you can essentially have this idea (fifty on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). I personally use nine builders, I have five buildings going and four for building ships when I need to in a short amount of time.

Really against every aspect? It is just simulating the equivalent of building one ship then building another straight after. I know, building on multiple planets is helpful (I have five myself). But there is no real reason to make it so you can only access the ships once all of them have been built, it makes no sense. Also, for people with low level builders and fewer planets it would be helpful to do this. Higher level builders and more planets would still give a faster rate of ship production

Flag Post

It is again a matter of server resources. If building 200 ships for instance, that means the difference between a one time adjustment and 200 edits to the server database, resulting in as many queries. People should really try to understand that server resources aren’t limitless and since this game is still free to play, they can’t expect to get things that make such a huge difference on server load.
If you want ships done by a certain time, set your rebuilds for that time.

If you go and order a batch of whatever in real life, they don’t send them to you one by one either (in most cases). They send them when they’re all done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

It is again a matter of server resources. If building 200 ships for instance, that means the difference between a one time adjustment and 200 edits to the server database, resulting in as many queries. People should really try to understand that server resources aren’t limitless and since this game is still free to play, they can’t expect to get things that make such a huge difference on server load.

If you go and order a batch of whatever in real life, they don’t send them to you one by one either (in most cases). They send them when they’re all done.

Why is this such an extra strain on the servers compared to continuous update of power plants/ore mines?

Flag Post
Originally posted by soxp:

Why is this such an extra strain on the servers compared to continuous update of power plants/ore mines?

Why not just build 10,000 MS then so you don’t have to worry about it for a couple months? Sure it’s this way in real life, yet for those who didn’t know yet THIS IS A GAME. Your logic is that of a simple flash game. If you want it so badly build one ship at a time, it’s more of a grace that you can build so many ships at one time it also takes some intelligence in planning when needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingred:
Originally posted by soxp:

Why not just build 10,000 MS then so you don’t have to worry about it for a couple months? Sure it’s this way in real life, yet for those who didn’t know yet THIS IS A GAME. Your logic is that of a simple flash game. If you want it so badly build one ship at a time, it’s more of a grace that you can build so many ships at one time it also takes some intelligence in planning when needed.

Wow I wasn’t expecting such a firestorm. This was a suggestion, nothing more. This is a game of course, but this is a thread dedicated to improving it. This mechanic would make the game more enjoyable to play for ME, that is why I suggested it! Sometimes I will finish work early, and still find my ships building when I come in. It would be nice to have a claim button for the ones already built. Anyway, this discussion and likely this suggestion is a complete waste of time judging by the responses here. Let’s just draw a line under it.

Flag Post

It isn’t necessarily a different strain, but why strain the server where it isn’t really needed. If people plan properly, they can easily manage themselves.
Besides, it could be that for the power plant, … the server only remembers the last time you collected and then when you log in the flash gets that value and then the flash dynamically generates the amount it displays itself from the normal growth rate. Then only when you hit collect would there be an actual change in the database, when it first gets/rechecks the time you last collected and the server time, it gives you your resources based on the time they’ve been accumulating (and the other necessary info) and edits the time you last collected.

Flag Post

Give pillars a random cooldown for 24-30 hours. So they wont be all stuck to the same timezone.. this is just insane i and many others can’t hit them lately.

Flag Post

Pillar cooldown does not need to be a random value. Just pick a value that is NOT a multiple of 24, like, say 23hrs.

Flag Post

we need to either trade yellow for green crystal or be able to sell them.
atm they are useless! useless!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by braaash:

we need to either trade yellow for green crystal or be able to sell them.
atm they are useless! useless!!!!!!!!!

Too bad I have way more green than yellow…not everyone has the same luck as you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolhandlp:

Too bad I have way more green than yellow…not everyone has the same luck as you.

Then you’re a statistical outlier. Yellows are used in exactly 2* the quantity as greens, and are received from any given source in 2* the quantity, and have HIGHER odds of being received than greens from any given source, so statistically speaking, any given person will have more excess yellows than green.

Flag Post

I think there should be a “change difficulty” button in the raid box. So if you beat a boss such as the summoner and decide he was too easy, you can up his difficulty without having to break and reform the raid. Doing this would prompt everyone of the change, as well as remove the “ready” status of anyone who clicked ready before the change.

Flag Post

I think I thought this but didn’t post it….

Add a tech speed-up skill in the institute. :)

Flag Post

would be cool if top 5 or 10 in personal damage in pillars got a prize – such as:

Pillar crystal, blue crafting gem, upgrade book, or 500 coupons…

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

would be cool if top 5 or 10 in personal damage in pillars got a prize – such as:

Pillar crystal, blue crafting gem, upgrade book, or 500 coupons…

would be nice P:, to bad i can barely manage to get on top :(

Flag Post

Lower amount of refreshes needed for epic heroes? Or Increase the refresh rate?

Flag Post
Originally posted by astralmagic:

no

Flag Post
Originally posted by abz329:

no

Imma say yes. 9000 is just ridiculous, especially for the non-obsessive gamers or people with, you know, LIVES, who can’t login every 2 hours.

I’d also like it if it was consolidated into one section, so you didn’t have to do it planet by planet – you could just see all N of your planets in a scroll down with a refresh for each or a big Refresh All.

Flag Post

its called higher tav lvl and vip for ur 2nd option and lowering amount for refresh is just plain dumb. ppl alrdy getting to much purps as it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arashmin:
Originally posted by abz329:

no

Imma say yes. 9000 is just ridiculous, especially for the non-obsessive gamers or people with, you know, LIVES, who can’t login every 2 hours.

I’d also like it if it was consolidated into one section, so you didn’t have to do it planet by planet – you could just see all N of your planets in a scroll down with a refresh for each or a big Refresh All.

This game isn’t a quick race to the top. If you aren’t willing to put in time you shouldn’t be rewarded. Simple as that. Your argument would apply to literally every reasonable amount. 5000? WE GOT LIVES. 4000? WE GOT LIVES. You get the gist.

9000 isn’t even unbearable with decent time dedication and I’ve gotten 11 purples from taverns despite being lazy as hell with refreshes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phamat1223:

its called higher tav lvl and vip for ur 2nd option and lowering amount for refresh is just plain dumb. ppl alrdy getting to much purps as it is.

Exactly.

The game isn’t broken, lots of people are just playing it wrong. Like the guy in the other thread who thinks coupons are pointless…how you think I’ma get my VIPS?

With L25 taverns and VIP my tavern requires 6 hours to charge to 30x refresh (my L1 takes 8.33 hours to hit 25x). I often get lazy and let my timers max out but still get 9000x down to 0x in about 25 days. It would be even faster if I had a 5th planet. If you get lucky, you can get one at random before that.

Random luck used to be the only way to get one…so just be happy for that 9000 counter

Flag Post

I love how most feedbacks i read on this forum is from the same players, with the same negative attitude from some.
That has played this for years?

Do you guys really expect the playerbase will continue to grow or even stay around a certain level, if you are talking like that to every new/old player? I’ve seen lots of games let down by their community, and only the “eliteist” remain.

Doubt this is a scenario that the developers want, hence why i’m actually bothering to post the comments i make.

Flag Post

Although it’s true some people here tend to be a bit “direct”, most of them are because the same suggestions are being made over and over again about how it takes soooo long to get certain things in this game. That’s just the way this game works, for most things you’ll have to wait a very long time or be very active. Unless you’re extremely lucky or willing to spend gold on getting it.
So the plain and simple “no” from abz329 for instance isn’t meant to demean you, it’s that people are tired of explaining over and over and over and over and over …

As mentioned before, 9000 might seem a lot, but before you only got one if you were lucky. Now you are assured one after 9000 refreshes, that’s something to be happy about, not to complain about.