Forums Time World

Feedback and Suggestions page 90

3937 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arashmin:

Except that, if anything, you would think the numbers chosen would be related to the actual percentages of obtination of the characters, which isn’t clearly explained anywhere. And if it did, it would certainly be less arbitrary to use 500/5000, for reasons I’ve already covered. Also, if they did take one number randomly and based the other off it but it’s not tied to the percentages, then is that really the best number to go with? All in all, this ‘safety net’ is acting more like a barrier to entry than anything else, and one that’s way too unreasonable for a game to grow.

And 1000/10000 is not arbitrary as well, let’s go with that.
Or how about 100/1000. Or better yet 10/100 because then we get into whole number percentages! Actually 1/1 is the best, we get an integer.

Flag Post

These numbers aren’t completely arbitrary/random.

Before the introduction of counters, the chances to get a blue was 1/600 and for a purple 1/6000. Now when the counters were introduced, these odds were lowered to 1/900 and 1/9000, to compensate for the fact that you are now assured to get a blue/purple after 900/9000 refreshes.

And now explain to me again why 500/5000 is less arbitrary than 900/9000? Because of rounding? That’s plain bs, there are plenty of variable types that can handle those with no significant rounding. It’s not because you can’t say it’s an exact percentage with 2 digits after the comma that the game doesn’t actually handle those values properly.

Flag Post

Suggestion:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Koufuku:
Originally posted by hyhyh:

Ability to sell / downgrade buildings.

It’s usually a good choice to provide some kind of reasoning behind an idea so that others may contribute or propose alternate solutions for a specific problem you are trying to address, as I do not believe that particular option would be a correct step in the games refinement.

The only viable building this would be used on is taverns. Upgrading your tavern, trading speed of heroes for the ability to mold them as you wish, is a decision I believe you should have to live with. If you feel like it was a mistake, chances are you would have worked this out before you acquire your 4th planet and so you can throw all your guaranteed blues/purples into that.

The problem is money. Buildings are some kind of investment, that might be sold / returned back. Tavern is one thing. Need of creds / ore / energy is other, for example for great oportunity in auction.

Flag Post

being able to shift click a skill to show in in chat. As we can currently do with items. Except with skills on our heroes.

Flag Post

they should let u show ur skills on ur hero when u shift click and have a setting for if u want it on or not :(. sometimes i want to show ppl my pathetic skills ;).

Flag Post

Can we get the speed of pirate/summoner battles sped up? I suggest something conservative like 5x for pirates… it shouldn’t take 2-3 seconds per NPC to move and attack, especially when I’ve seen the movements countless times before. Perhaps an “all animations completely off” option?(i already play with Effects set to “none”, but it still animates the pirate/summoner fights)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

Before the introduction of counters, the chances to get a blue was 1/600 and for a purple 1/6000. Now when the counters were introduced, these odds were lowered to 1/900 and 1/9000, to compensate for the fact that you are now assured to get a blue/purple after 900/9000 refreshes.

And now explain to me again why 500/5000 is less arbitrary than 900/9000? Because of rounding? That’s plain bs, there are plenty of variable types that can handle those with no significant rounding. It’s not because you can’t say it’s an exact percentage with 2 digits after the comma that the game doesn’t actually handle those values properly.

Nice extrapolation, but you’re adding details – I meant people, not computers, being able to read the percentages. And if that’s what the rate really is, then my orignial MAIN point – instead of the other minor grievances you guys seem to like to focus on – is that the obtination rate of these is way too low for the game to sustainably draw in players, even with the refresh net in place. Of course, the hyper-inflated prices of the gold-related items already shows that they are trying to overcharge people for items, but there’s no way at all it should take that much time and money, especially if it then becomes something that actively prohibits their overall performance in the game; I seem to regularly get attacked from people who are around my power yet have almost all purps, and it’s getting to the point where I can’t even progress past my 3rd planet until I can get on closer to equal footing.

Flag Post

Not only that, but the rates and the cap being the same is a horrible system. 1/9000 turned into a percent doesn’t have a near 100% chance of occuring by 9000/9000 refreshes if the cap wasn’t in place, in fact it would be much less than even 70%. Perhaps the refresh rate isn’t the problem, but the actual spawn% rate of the blues/purples? Either way, it’s a bad system, and it’s sad that they’re making such a bad thing such an integral part of the game. If I didn’t have to chase after purps in order to proceed, I’d feel a lot better about it, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Flag Post

I like the slow rewarding hero system, I cringe at far too many screwed up purples as it is; Probably belonging to the fact that people didn’t get farmed long enough with their blues to want to get it right.

You don’t need purples just to get your 4th planet, I’m not sure you even really need them for your 5th. Have you tried asking stronger players for reinforcements or sacrificing builders for storyline heroes. You can’t have that many resources with your perma-farm state anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidiot966:

I have a suggestion about reinforcements.

Players/Allies who ask for reinforcements should pay for
what they borrow. I find myself getting a little tired of
loaning out fleets and getting back half my ships
without so much as a thank you from the borrower.

Players say you get experience from your reinforcements…It’s not enough.
I think players who give out reinforcements should be compensated for their
lost ships with credits or resources.

Don’t just leave the good Samaritan hanging having to build replacement
ships with resources he or she may not have.

It’s like when you loan your car to a friend, they bring it back
with no gas or a pile of twisted metal.

I very much wish to reply with part of your name only, but lets stay civilized. You do get compensated for sending reinforcement, you get a ‘FULL’ refund for ships lost, just like if you were fighting in war yourself. So they might bring your car back a twisted pile of metal, but they left cash to buy a brand new one.
And if you really think it’s all for the worse, stop sending reinforcements, it’s not like people can make you send them.

My own fault for being too generous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Koufuku:

Suggestion:

That looks good.

Flag Post

Nice extrapolation, but you’re adding details – I meant people, not computers, being able to read the percentages. And if that’s what the rate really is, then my orignial MAIN point – instead of the other minor grievances you guys seem to like to focus on – is that the obtination rate of these is way too low for the game to sustainably draw in players, even with the refresh net in place. Of course, the hyper-inflated prices of the gold-related items already shows that they are trying to overcharge people for items, but there’s no way at all it should take that much time and money, especially if it then becomes something that actively prohibits their overall performance in the game; I seem to regularly get attacked from people who are around my power yet have almost all purps, and it’s getting to the point where I can’t even progress past my 3rd planet until I can get on closer to equal footing.

LMFAO! ur getting atked from ppl with all purps and u dont even have 4th planet? obviously ur doing something wrong. many ppl got 4th planet w/o even having a single purp and prob didnt even have all blues yet. also, theres nothing wrong with the gold system. i find them cheap even tho i havent bought anything in there. 8 gold for upgrade book? cheap. 850 gold for purple? thats probably wat makes u think its “hyper-inflated” but truthfully, i think it fits fine for the percentage it takes to get a purple. btw, stop making excuses y u cant get purples. i rarely get them as is too but i dont complain in forums to make it better. i just blame my bad luck. i find that the reason y u cant even get any purples is because your playing the game wrong so u blame the game for making u not able to proceed through the game. should try and listen to others advices in all chat or in kong chat.

Flag Post

A couple things.
Purples are NOT supposed to be super common. The reason people have them is because they have either been active and played for a long time, or been super lucky. Few people have spent gold to get purples.

Also, while some of the gold mall is overpriced (such as 450 gold for a purple equip) other parts of it are not. For example, VIP, which is extremely helpful, costs 150gold for 3months. While $15 may seem like a lot for a game like this, it is not a lot in general, and it lasts for a long time. If you want to play this game, taking $20 out of your budget shouldn’t be too hard.

Also, idk how much power u have, but it really isn’t that hard to get 4th planet, you don’t need that much. Just get someone to reinforce you, and you’re all set. Also, just wondering, how do you tell that they ppl farming you have all purps.

Flag Post

Phamat, I’ve listened and followed their advice, most of it varies and is inconsistent, lots of people who are up past there says they feel it’s mostly by luck, not by any dedication of time or anything of that sort.

My main issue is that, fine, they’re not super common. DON’T MAKE THEM PART OF THE MAIN GAME THEN. If it’s supposed to be a lucky/long-term perk, then fine, but don’t make a quest about it. If it’s supposed to be part of the main game, make it sane. I’m not complaining about the prices of other things, but they specifically put a ridiculous pricetag and timeline on these purple heroes as the cash grab – JUST THAT ONE THING, just so nobody else tries to extrapolate, AGAIN.

Flag Post

you know, the quests only offer small rewards, and that purp quest is the end of that quest line. Those 2nd section were made to guide you through the game.

Flag Post

Well, that is a little relieving to hear then, it seemed like it tied into chapters and was going to provide more beyond the point I’ve made it to in the game. That’s what I get for trying to get through non-spoilery and not look things up. Yet there’s nothing within the game documentation that properly goes over that, either… maybe it’s a general issue with the layout of the information for the game, more than anything.

Flag Post

Phamat, I’ve listened and followed their advice, most of it varies and is inconsistent, lots of people who are up past there says they feel it’s mostly by luck, not by any dedication of time or anything of that sort.

My main issue is that, fine, they’re not super common. DON’T MAKE THEM PART OF THE MAIN GAME THEN. If it’s supposed to be a lucky/long-term perk, then fine, but don’t make a quest about it. If it’s supposed to be part of the main game, make it sane. I’m not complaining about the prices of other things, but they specifically put a ridiculous pricetag and timeline on these purple heroes as the cash grab – JUST THAT ONE THING, just so nobody else tries to extrapolate, AGAIN.

“luck”, tell that to the number of times I ran the counter to the ground.

Purples give such a big power difference that you shouldn’t be in the same range, probably drop your command stat a bit?

Flag Post

hey since purples are liek the best things to get in this game y make it easy to get? thats just dumb and pointless. ur basically saying that we all should be able to become like shelix and all those other golders in a short amount of time. gold is only there to make the game faster. there are many ppl who doesnt even gold yet they are very successful in the game like waraxe. i just dont understand y ppl gotta complain about making a game super easy. i rather have it harder to play and more competitive. makes it more fun.

if u actually listen to others advice u would already have 4th planet btw. unless ur getting advice from either a bunch of nubs or from ppl who just love trolling like leo. or mayb ur time zone is different then the most dedicated players in the game that would actually help u more then some others will. if u need any reinforcements to help in chapters just mail me. same ign.

Flag Post

Again you’re inserting words. I have not once ever said they should be ‘easy’ to get. Do you think it’s all that easy to get something that’s a 0.2 or 0.02 chance? Did you even take a look at my calculations for getting a purple to drop (login 4 times a day for over a month with 4 planets, at minimum)? There’s a major difference between ‘easy to get’ and ‘a little more sane to get’, the latter of which I’m proposing. And it’s exactly because of those experiences I’ve seen reported that I’m proposing this change; there’s so many dead galaxies, so many players who just gave up after getting the 2nd KG achievement (if they didn’t give up long before that); the game might be fun for some as is, but I’d rather see this actually grow and become more interesting overall.

Which, also, is why I’m also suggesting that purple hero quest be moved back farther down and add some more stuff to the additional quest line, maybe make it more of an actual quest as well, with perhaps some new missions tossed in that might take you back to other NPC fights to try and beat it under certain conditions, things like that. It’s rather disappointing that once arch ends there without even touching on anything after chapter 5.

Flag Post

Again you’re inserting words. I have not once ever said they should be ‘easy’ to get. Do you think it’s all that easy to get something that’s a 0.2 or 0.02 chance? Did you even take a look at my calculations for getting a purple to drop (login 4 times a day for over a month with 4 planets, at minimum)? There’s a major difference between ‘easy to get’ and ‘a little more sane to get’, the latter of which I’m proposing. And it’s exactly because of those experiences I’ve seen reported that I’m proposing this change; there’s so many dead galaxies, so many players who just gave up after getting the 2nd KG achievement (if they didn’t give up long before that); the game might be fun for some as is, but I’d rather see this actually grow and become more interesting overall.

Which, also, is why I’m also suggesting that purple hero quest be moved back farther down and add some more stuff to the additional quest line, maybe make it more of an actual quest as well, with perhaps some new missions tossed in that might take you back to other NPC fights to try and beat it under certain conditions, things like that. It’s rather disappointing that once arch ends there without even touching on anything after chapter 5.

Okay you have totally mistaken the point of the side quests, They are NOT the main quests, They are not your normal side quests in an MMORPG. What they are, are just a few “quests”(if you can call it that) to
1. Help you learn a few things/teach
2. To reward you for further advancement

To conclude, The acquire a Purple Hero “quest” is not exactly a quest, It does absolutely nothing for you besides give you that reward. And the thing about it is, It rewards you for acquiring your first purple, Its not really a quest its like a badge in game, “Hey you got your first Purple congrats, Here have a Multipul skill book to put on that nice Purple Hero”. There is also no other quest past the purple one because the purple is the “greatest accomplishment” besides 5th planet but I’m sure that might be added into the Badge section.

The purple quest has absolutely nothing to do with anything, It is not really a real quest chain and doesn’t need extra things like defeat NPCs, That is part of the MAIN story quest.

Flag Post

first of all, most of the ppl that quit usually are those who play DW, second of all, saying that its “insane” to get is basically wanting it to be easier to get. now the quest is only suppose to help u for tutorial, nothing else. its the same thing for all other games. there are still more quest to do then just those u know, and i believe that after u get the first purp, theres rlly nothing else to make the quest even longer. also, ppl who quit around chp5 are those who dont know the real part of them game. chp5 is nothing, wait till u reach to around chp7-9 with a decent galaxy. thats when u reach the good part.

Flag Post

Proposal (Suggestion?) for a new ship type, to mix up strategy/play.

Stealth Raider

Base HP – 500
Speed – 5
Base Attack (I am thinking about 3/4 to 7/8 of the attack of a MF
(Buiilt in dodge, working with the stealth theme of 200% or more)
Players can have at MOST 1 of this ship type.
Players MUST have one hero using fighters to use this ship type.
Players would need a COM hero at 500-550

Ship type would be unlocked at level 30 (shipyard)

The idea being this ship would have a built in dodge that is off the charts (like the MF that has hit points that are off the charts.) Extremely easy to destroy, but hard to hit. I would also limit the weapon slots/armor slots to 2, so it only gets to fire twice, but it hits extremely hard. Would force players to also have one shiptype of fighters… so at most you could have one MF, one Stealth Raider, a group of fighters, and 2 MS or other ships.

I would even consider making this hit harder than a MF, so it could be a tide turner.

In an ideal world, it would be hidden within a group of fighers (but we know this isin’t possible with the coding the way it is.)

Thoughts?

Flag Post

ehh couple things
1)500 com is a pain to get to (especially since a lot of lower power ppl have 5 purple fighting heroes, would require gold or replacing high lv good purples)
2)mf doesn’t actually hit that hard compared to the same amount of command in ms, so stealth raider would really pretty weak for the com required (in fact the extra com also takes off of war)
3)seems like only thing it would do is involve luck (since its based on dodgerate) or a new configuration, not strategy

Flag Post

anyway this ship would die 1st time it gets targeted cause dodge has 1 exception (is attack would kill whole stack and dodge is triggered dodge only blocks half of attack)