Forums Time World

Feedback and Suggestions page 2

3907 posts

Flag Post

Character: wibu
Feedback: it seems that the game is not connecting when I’m connected to internet through a proxy server… I have no issues to connect to DW from work, so I’m surprised to see TW server is unreachable. Is there anything I can do to be able to connect?

Thanks!

Flag Post

With the 50% increased repair rate, and the fact that defenders get reimbursed for all resources when defending, the usefulness of lethality/fatality is now cut down to only be effective for defenders.

Perhaps change around lethality/fatality?

Before, if someone had biochem + lethality upgrade, they could probably damage off 75% of the ships.

Flag Post

Going to assume some of these have been mentioned before…

Scrap Yard – Scrap old ships for 1/10th of the original cost.

Planetary Shield – Can be used once a week. 4 hour protection.

Barracks – Trains heroes to help level them faster.

Interstellar Market – Trade resources with other players for cash.

Also, a few ‘mini-games’ wouldn’t hurt. Something fun to do while you wait. I’m thinking some sort of space chess game for now would be appropriate. Maybe win some weak prizes or low amounts of a resource.

Flag Post

There can be cases where an attacker can attack a weaker player (70%), but the weaker player can’t retaliate.

This occurs as 0.7 is not equal to 1/1.3.

Flag Post

The current battle reports leave room for misunderstanding as a player looking at the resources plunder/change in their version of the battle report would wrongly assume that their numbers is what the other player see as well.

Battle reports should display explicit resource changes along the lines of eg.

Resources change:
player A: +1822 credit, +1213 ore, +603 energy (for winning PvP)
player B: +200 credit, +200 ores, +100 energy (resources lost for losing PvP + reimbursement for ships destroyed while defending).

It is easy for Defenders to assume that ‘Resource change’ in their report is how much they lost, as opposed to their reimbursement. This misinterpretation occurs due to the lack of +- signs.

Flag Post

Edit: Nvm, the game mechanics changed. The defender’s lost resources doesn’t affect the attacker’s resources gained if I understand correctly.

Reinforcements still need to count towards the 70-130% power restriction. At the 3rd battle, I was attacked by 19.3m vs. my 7.8m army. That’s 2.47 times my army strength.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/yerNZ

Flag Post

The list of heroes that are available doesn’t seem to be in-game. Control centers task list needs to be updated to “All available” heroes instead of all occupied heroes. This is because I can’t remember my heroes names and stats from my outer memory. Using any other complex method is too sluggish. Also, a quick review of heroes stats and hotkey or button for it would be nice

Originally posted by WildWolfofDark:

Going to assume some of these have been mentioned before…

Scrap Yard – Scrap old ships for 1/10th of the original cost.

Planetary Shield – Can be used once a week. 4 hour protection.

Barracks – Trains heroes to help level them faster.

Interstellar Market – Trade resources with other players for cash.

Also, a few ‘mini-games’ wouldn’t hurt. Something fun to do while you wait. I’m thinking some sort of space chess game for now would be appropriate. Maybe win some weak prizes or low amounts of a resource.

1. Already implemented :)
2. If there’s ever going to be a planetary shield as an item or building, it should last much longer than only 4 hours. Once a week also sounds too resticted
3. Excellent idea! No need to necessarily fight for experience points
4. Kind of like auction house? Why not? Playmage just should make sure this trade between players wouldn’t cause scams or market monopoly
5. Minigames? Huh, can servers hold that? Go to do something else outside the game while you wait for resources rather than stress game devs and their servers. Really, highscores could be hacked in these minigames or botted. If there’s going to be minigames, I hope they’re just for fun and not for grinding resources

Also, battlereports seems confusing. Clarify them. A little annotation that you have mail everytime you login would be nice. Current annotation systems seems to work only when I’m online

I’d also like to see some sort of galaxy ranking

Flag Post

most of the updates today fixed the problems i had, but instead of being able to view who is online in the galaxy screen, should only show for your galaxy mates. people only tend to attack if they know you are offline. I like the idea, but i get the feeeling it just screems attack me while im not here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blood0:

most of the updates today fixed the problems i had, but instead of being able to view who is online in the galaxy screen, should only show for your galaxy mates. people only tend to attack if they know you are offline. I like the idea, but i get the feeeling it just screems attack me while im not here.

I think I’d attack someone regardless of whether they’re online or not.

In fact, depending on who it is, I might be more enticed to hit them while they’re online, because that’s the only time they’ll have resources out.

Flag Post

Also, on the connecting screen, you should show a “server up” or “maintenance” or some sort of indicating, because right now if the server is down, you’re just stuck at the “connecting” screen indefinitely.

Also, there should be an easier way to return to your mail after reading a message.

Should be an easier way to return to galaxy from a person’s solar system.

With the current defender replenishment of ships, there is very little incentive for the top tiers to hit each other. Say you lose 33% of your ships…half of that gets repaired, and the defender loses 57%…half of that gets repaired. Guess what, you’re still out of luck as an attacker because that defender? He just gets all the resources back for the ships he lost.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slurpz:

In fact, depending on who it is, I might be more enticed to hit them while they’re online, because that’s the only time they’ll have resources out.

you actually kinda rienforced my point. being able to see whether an enemy is online or not will have an effect on whether you decide to attack them or not. and granted, u may not generally care when u attack ppl, but i see lots of ppl on chat complaining about getting attacked while they are away. anyway, im simply pointing this out, everyone will have a varying opinion based on how often they get attacked.

also just as a side note, even though we get our resources back on our destroyed ships when we defend, would be nice to also get resources if we happen to win, doesnt necessarily have to be from the attacker, but lets just say you find resources from the enemies destroyed ships… idk whatever. doesnt have to be a lot, but even if i get my resources back, i then gotta spend the time to rebuild my army.

Flag Post

heroes gain no exp in pvp, and minimal amounts in war, should be changed?

Flag Post
Originally posted by packor:

heroes gain no exp in pvp, and minimal amounts in war, should be changed?

Heroes gain xp from both pvp and war, it’s just that higher missions (and higher enemies) give more xp, and we’ve all been “attacking down”.

We generally don’t do war missions until we’re many multiples of army power over the mission score, and have high heroes already.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slurpz:

you actually kinda rienforced my point. being able to see whether an enemy is online or not will have an effect on whether you decide to attack them or not. and granted, u may not generally care when u attack ppl, but i see lots of ppl on chat complaining about getting attacked while they are away. anyway, im simply pointing this out, everyone will have a varying opinion based on how often they get attacked.

also just as a side note, even though we get our resources back on our destroyed ships when we defend, would be nice to also get resources if we happen to win, doesnt necessarily have to be from the attacker, but lets just say you find resources from the enemies destroyed ships… idk whatever. doesnt have to be a lot, but even if i get my resources back, i then gotta spend the time to rebuild my army.

I still don’t look at the online/offline status. I look at ranking. And then click on attack.

Flag Post

One thing that I think might be a must for the Guild system. I am not even sure if this is available right now though. But I was discussing Guild issues with the Guild Leader and the idea of MassMail to all guild members came up and the Leader does not think that that is an available function that he has as an option to him. I know we have the Guild Wall but not everyone will check that on a regular basis but with there own personal Mail notifications they can manage personal messages easier.

For Example:
Say I wanted to tell all guild members to stay active and check the Guild wall regularly and posted that on the Guild Wall. 50% of the players might not check the Wall as they just dont bother or they dont know it exists. But if I could mail them then they would check because they would be looking for that notification at the bottom of the screen.

Anywho, Im rambling away here. Just that most games like this have that functionality and would help if this one had the same.

Thank you for your attention. :)

Flag Post

When players are kicked out of a Galaxy, I propose that they be sent not to another galaxy, but become ‘unguilded’ until they pick a new galaxy to join.

The current problem is that new members to the game find themselves stuck with many recently-kicked inactive player. For example, in the newly created galaxy 18, literally a quarter of the players haven’t logged in for some time.

My suggestion for the location of this ‘unguilded’ state to be ‘Intergalactic space’.

Now, remaining in this ‘Intergalactic space’ should incur some disadvantages so as to prevent players for treating it as another galaxy-like construct. Perhaps something along the lines of -50% income from PvP and collecting might be suitable.

Flag Post

Along the lines of Dream World, I propose that there be more guild-related activities. There currently isn’t much more to being in a galaxy than diplomacy, sharing a chat room, and a galactic wonder of questionable utility which nobody is close to completing.

One such activity, meant more as an example rather than a suggestion, is to perhaps have a PvE mega event where all members of the galaxy have to contribute ships to attack some kind of boss who is slowly whittled down ship by ship. The reward should be something more unique, such as a chance of getting blue/purple items/heroes. Credit/ore should not be awarded, to prevent overlap with current activities of PvP, exploring, etc.

Flag Post

Character: Ultimate
Race: Alcon
Suggestion/Improvement: The chat is a lot better now. However, if you talk too much in galaxy chat, you literally cannot know what happen in World (All) chat. So that would be nice if you can incorporate the general chat selection/filter. That’s it.

When you choose All, it will show all chat.
When you choose General, it will show the chat that all players can see.
When you choose private, it will show private chat only.
When you choose galaxy, it will show league chat.

Together with that, the third level of chat window is needed. For example:

The 1st level of chat window, the chat window is a sixth of the length of game screen.
The 2nd level of chat window, the chat window is a third of the length of game screen.
The 3rd level of chat window, the chat window is a full length of game screen.

Flag Post

name: k1ll3r1nk
race : Dont know
suggestions that id fix:

tavern on other planets give higher heroes than lvl on the palanet: (Ex: Planet 1 has 11 tavern and planet b has 4 tavern. Planet B getting lvl 11 heroes.)

Pop out menu underneath the portrait in the top left enabling you to go to your planets easier. Also with features as collect all, collect ore, energy, credits only from all your planets.

The “upgrading” box on the screen only fits 3 items. If you have 4+ going you cant see past 3. Possibly add a scroll there.

Disable the feature where if your friends you cant attack.

No incentive for high levels to attack each other. The loss/reward is to great to go after another high rank. Defenders get more incentive than attacking. Maybe have it where the more times you attack/defend the bigger incentives you get.

Flag Post

Can you make the Hero icon flash (like the incoming mail icon) when a hero gains a level??

After trying to make an attack several times, I keep finding I am losing to people with huge, reinforcements, spying show that they have a considerably weaker army than the one I was attacking with.

I suggest one or all of the following:
1) reinforcements not be allowed while you are offline. OR,
2) put a time limit on how long reinforcements stay after someone logs off.
3) when spying- show reinforcements as well, quite the unfair advantage when the reinforcement army is larger then the actual army that showed up spying. OR show who the reinforcements are from (then attack them first because because reinforcements are “out” being used for someone else), the reinforcements have to leave where they were sent in order to defend an assault no longer able to be reinforcements until reassigned AGAIN.
4) reduce damage output of reinforcements, they are reinforcements, not a main army to fight.
5) Reinforcements should never be bigger than the main army it is supporting. It begs to question who is the main army, the one spied or the reinforcements not shown.

Regardless, something needs to be implemented to prevent exploiting this feature as it allows someone to log off while “storing their army” so they dont lose much resources if they lost a battle while offline.

Flag Post

My suggestion is to make a UNIVERSAL “Collect resourses” button, one that works not for a single planet but for all at once. Due to needing to load the planets each and every time I re-login I lose quite a bit of time on this. Would be nice if you can get all the resources from your empire with a single click.

Flag Post

You really need to rework the vs. system.

there is the problem either the peple unassign everything and you have to unassign almost everything to to be able to attack and fail at emplacement OR the people are reinforced and you dont have the chance to get trough. Even you are able to attack the 3time attack a day timer is broken.
My proposal is to count all unassigned ships to the power. if there are less than 5 stacks the strongest unassigned stacks will also defend but without any hero bonus. Defenetively calculate in the reinforcement to the power to reflect the real danger. currently it is frustrating an attack can drop you back in the development by one day.
finally fix the 3time vs counter if not done yet

Flag Post

One little suggestion: ability to change faces…? :P

Flag Post

Counter which tells you how many times you’ve attacked a given player today, and a visual indication if the player as already been attacked 5 times today.

Flag Post

Character: Pyroblaze
1.) It would be nice to be able to loot some resources when attacking pirates. It doesn’t have to be a ton, but enough to give an option besides attacking or visiting others for resources while using AP.

2.) As it stands now, if you have massive reinforcements, attacking other players give a TON of resources, sometimes over 10k per attack. Having reinforcements add in to total power would keep the game competitive, instead of the attacker dropping down to 10 mil total power, while having a 13 mil army due to reinforcements and attacking.