Forums Time World

Feedback and Suggestions page 89

3935 posts

Flag Post

Actually, I was off there – 4 × 9 is 36, 8 times a day is 288, 9000 by 288 is 31.25. So, over a full month.

Flag Post

This game isn’t meant to be done quickly, other people waited months don’t see why you can do the same? Especially when growth slows down.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abz329:

he was just saying a reason why its bad. Thats constructive criticism. The point of posting suggestions is to get them out there and see the feedback, and if feedback is good enough, maybe pm will see too.

Anyways, at 5k per green thats really cheap items, and its way too easy to get high war green equips.
If your goal or “entire point” is to make green items better than blues and purples, then that is a horrible idea. Anyways, if there are easy ways to balance, list them so we know what they are.

Yes greens are easily attainable. But the growth in stats are small with the base stat only being 29. So for instance, A Level 50 War item(+29 war stat), Yes you’d be able to raise the war stat up but I don’t see it getting to much higher then a total of 50, NOT including the fact that raising up a 2nd stat Command for instance wouldn’t be very good at all, The first enhance would only be 1, I don’t see the 2nd stat of command going above a total of 13. So at most you’d have a Green level 50 with 50 War 13 Command(guessing, Don’t know for sure since I’ve never really raised a Green up that high lols), That’s not that over powered, Not to mention its not that easy to max stat an item. Granted with the cheapness of greens and infinite buy its much easier but still would take quite a bit.

And those that would invest in being able to buy so many greens to max stat their items would be high enough in chapters/levels that they’d be able to get gear just as strong or stronger then a Green max

PM could also put a limit on how many of the same greens can be bought at one time in Mall, 5 per person(That way you can equip all your heroes if your new)

Flag Post
Originally posted by averycardoza:
Originally posted by abz329:

he was just saying a reason why its bad. Thats constructive criticism. The point of posting suggestions is to get them out there and see the feedback, and if feedback is good enough, maybe pm will see too.

Anyways, at 5k per green thats really cheap items, and its way too easy to get high war green equips.
If your goal or “entire point” is to make green items better than blues and purples, then that is a horrible idea. Anyways, if there are easy ways to balance, list them so we know what they are.

Yes greens are easily attainable. But the growth in stats are small with the base stat only being 29. So for instance, A Level 50 War item(+29 war stat), Yes you’d be able to raise the war stat up but I don’t see it getting to much higher then a total of 50, NOT including the fact that raising up a 2nd stat Command for instance wouldn’t be very good at all, The first enhance would only be 1, I don’t see the 2nd stat of command going above a total of 13. So at most you’d have a Green level 50 with 50 War 13 Command(guessing, Don’t know for sure since I’ve never really raised a Green up that high lols), That’s not that over powered, Not to mention its not that easy to max stat an item. Granted with the cheapness of greens and infinite buy its much easier but still would take quite a bit.

And those that would invest in being able to buy so many greens to max stat their items would be high enough in chapters/levels that they’d be able to get gear just as strong or stronger then a Green max

PM could also put a limit on how many of the same greens can be bought at one time in Mall, 5 per person(That way you can equip all your heroes if your new)

It’s not brokenly strong per-say but it pushes power to become even more easily accessible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by waraxe:

This game isn’t meant to be done quickly, other people waited months don’t see why you can do the same? Especially when growth slows down.

Because it’s an unreasonable model that doesn’t help to promote the growth of the game any. Again, some parts are slow, and grindy, and for the people who log in every 2nd hour of every day. That’s grand, if they want it, it’s there for them. It’s even fairly fitting for the storyline quests, because of what you do end up unlocking. I’m stuck waiting on an Epic hero for over 2 months now because of the fact that I can’t login every time my refresh maxes out, maybe like 2-3 times a day, all to get past a quest where I get a multi-attack book and maybe – MAYBE – I’ll be lucky and my (what’s looking like) 4 month process won’t end up getting me a Tech or Build Epic PC. And just because people put up with it to-date doesn’t make it a ‘good design’, either, just means that the people who stayed are more willing to accept a bad design.

Flag Post

Even a system of diminishing returns on Refreshes past your normal Refresh cap would be an elegant enough approach to not belittle the time invested by older players as much while helping those who can’t login as often:

First N – Refresh Rate
Next N – Half of Refresh Rate
Last N – Quarter of Refresh Rate, caps here.

So a player with a Refresh Cap now of 9 with Rate of 13 minutes would have 9 Refresh by the end of 2 hours, 18 Refresh by the end of the next 4 hours, and 27 Refresh by the end of the next 8 hours, roughly. So, even if you can only login twice a day, it almost triples the total Refreshes you would get, while someone who can login once every 2 hours could still get quite a bit more.

I’m definitely not asking for the game to be shorter, just… more accessible, you know?

Flag Post

The thing is that it’s already been made easier from a long time ago. I don’t see having a purple hero as being necessary to access the game in its entirety, you can do well in your power bracket with blues provided you stat them well and stuff and participating in galaxy functions greatly enhances your growth. I’m not denying it takes a while to get far but there are ways to make it easy that perhaps you could use such as a pillar raiding galaxy, even a relatively low tier pillar raiding galaxy if the make 6k (that’s 1k coupons per pillar assuming a claim pillar), you can maintain VIP which makes tavern refreshes less of an objective to constantly manage (+20 to counter max).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arashmin:

Because it’s an unreasonable model that doesn’t help to promote the growth of the game any. Again, some parts are slow, and grindy, and for the people who log in every 2nd hour of every day. That’s grand, if they want it, it’s there for them. It’s even fairly fitting for the storyline quests, because of what you do end up unlocking. I’m stuck waiting on an Epic hero for over 2 months now because of the fact that I can’t login every time my refresh maxes out, maybe like 2-3 times a day, all to get past a quest where I get a multi-attack book and maybe – MAYBE – I’ll be lucky and my (what’s looking like) 4 month process won’t end up getting me a Tech or Build Epic PC. And just because people put up with it to-date doesn’t make it a ‘good design’, either, just means that the people who stayed are more willing to accept a bad design.

just letting u know one person in our gal got 3-4 purps in his first month no gold. its all mostly about luck. and u should try raising ur buildings/tavern for more refresh. at lvl 25 for all 4 planets and if u dont miss a single refresh then it will only take u 18 days.

Also, i jsut got my 6th purp today but guess wat? some1 in the gal that i played 2x more then him alrdy has 6 purps also. he didnt even spend a single gold on hero card. ur just out of luck.

Flag Post

They would likely be outliers then, and that just furthers my point if you consider how it could lead others to getting frustrated and feeling like a random factor is keeping them from progressing as well as others around them without having to pay in. Some luck is fine, but if you’re going to have a system in place that is suppose to address that element, make it a little more sane? The numbers seem pretty arbitrarily chosen, too.

Flag Post

They would likely be outliers then, and that just furthers my point if you consider how it could lead others to getting frustrated and feeling like a random factor is keeping them from progressing as well as others around them without having to pay in. Some luck is fine, but if you’re going to have a system in place that is suppose to address that element, make it a little more sane? The numbers seem pretty arbitrarily chosen, too.

Any number could be pointed out as “arbitrarily” chosen. Outliers are bound to exist in a system like this yes, but I believe the refresh safety net is effective at mitigating this.

Flag Post

A clear chat function would be very much appreciated, even if just as a chat command. I feel the chat pane is not very enjoyable to deal with if you’ve been on a while. I can’t imagine any other way of making it better as I’m sure flash/restricted resolution makes it difficult. Unless you feel like trying to make the fully compressed scroll bar smoother.

Some change to 2v2/3v3 prizes could be necessary as players who have put a lot of time in this game seem to be feeling the need to abuse the system with alts. Although the whisperings of the next patch increasing the desirability of playing WoH could be enough to cure this; Making it impossible for the same IPs to play each other seems like a must.

Flag Post

Any number could be pointed out as “arbitrarily” chosen. Outliers are bound to exist in a system like this yes, but I believe the refresh safety net is effective at mitigating this.

Within sets of probabilities, not really. You can clearly tell from a fraction of something like N over 500/5000 what the percent is; with 900/9000, not really as much, since the values involve a lot more rounding.

Flag Post

Even if you are too lazy to get the exact chances, its still possible to get within 1% of the actual chances over 900/9000

Flag Post

Within sets of probabilities, not really. You can clearly tell from a fraction of something like N over 500/5000 what the percent is; with 900/9000, not really as much, since the values involve a lot more rounding.

Arbitrary mainly requires it to be random and that’s all it is.

Flag Post

I have a problem with your auction I was bidding on a item when another player at under 1 minute placed a higher bid then me, thats fine thats how auctions go but when I did the same thing, waited until the timer was under 1 minute the auction item disapered and would not accept my bid at the 45sec mark which was the same thing the the other player did. why was this allowed to happen, this is pure BS. This time I would like a answer to my complaint since the last one was totally ignored.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hubey:

I have a problem with your auction I was bidding on a item when another player at under 1 minute placed a higher bid then me, thats fine thats how auctions go but when I did the same thing, waited until the timer was under 1 minute the auction item disapered and would not accept my bid at the 45sec mark which was the same thing the the other player did. why was this allowed to happen, this is pure BS. This time I would like a answer to my complaint since the last one was totally ignored.

Clock can desync and cause this. Oh well he was lucky in his screwing around you weren’t, next time play safe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hubey:

Clock can desync and cause this. Oh well he was lucky in his screwing around you weren’t, next time play safe.

yea u shouldnt do that if i were u. almost lost a bid at 5sec left because of a misclick. next time try and refresh bfore bidding to see real timer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Koufuku:

A clear chat function would be very much appreciated, even if just as a chat command.

A continuation of this, sometimes when an item is linked the entire chat gets turned bold for me, would like to hear if anyone else experiences this.

It would be very nice if you change out equipment so long as the build/tech stat does not fall below the value of this stat at the initiation of the project. Currently tweaking gear can be a headache if you’ve a few long upgrades going on, it’s a little bit tedious juggling various command sums to maximize your gears ship holding potential; Trial and error is a lot more relaxing. x)

Flag Post

Sell coupon gear (Ex: Demon Sword) for coupons (Ex: Selling Demon Sword gives 10k coupons).

Flag Post

Ability to sell / downgrade buildings.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hyhyh:

Ability to sell / downgrade buildings.

It’s usually a good choice to provide some kind of reasoning behind an idea so that others may contribute or propose alternate solutions for a specific problem you are trying to address, as I do not believe that particular option would be a correct step in the games refinement.

The only viable building this would be used on is taverns. Upgrading your tavern, trading speed of heroes for the ability to mold them as you wish, is a decision I believe you should have to live with. If you feel like it was a mistake, chances are you would have worked this out before you acquire your 4th planet and so you can throw all your guaranteed blues/purples into that.

Flag Post

Well, no, again not really. Otherwise if it was truly randomly chosen, the two numbers would likely have no similarity. And if it’s something that’s supposed to be relating to the experience the players have with a game, is it a smart idea to just pick values randomly, without any testing/forethought? If the point is to make money, that’s probably not a good course of action.

Flag Post

Well, no, again not really. Otherwise if it was truly randomly chosen, the two numbers would likely have no similarity. And if it’s something that’s supposed to be relating to the experience the players have with a game, is it a smart idea to just pick values randomly, without any testing/forethought? If the point is to make money, that’s probably not a good course of action.

One number can be arbitrary, other is based off it. Either way there’s no reason why 500/5000 is less arbitrary than 900/9000, it’s just numbers that were picked. Dividing properly doesn’t mean anything.

Flag Post

Except that, if anything, you would think the numbers chosen would be related to the actual percentages of obtination of the characters, which isn’t clearly explained anywhere. And if it did, it would certainly be less arbitrary to use 500/5000, for reasons I’ve already covered. Also, if they did take one number randomly and based the other off it but it’s not tied to the percentages, then is that really the best number to go with? All in all, this ‘safety net’ is acting more like a barrier to entry than anything else, and one that’s way too unreasonable for a game to grow.

Flag Post

no matter what number you choose its possible to say its random. Being able to get an exact percentage changes nothing about its randomness. Maybe the intention was for it to be 1/9000 chance per refresh, as a fraction rather than a percent.