Forums Time World

Bugs and Glitches page 66

2554 posts

Flag Post

hello, I have two BIG problems:
1-usually i have 110M power whit same 5 heroes + same equip. Now I have over 134M with ALWAYS same heroes and equip! What’s happen? My stronghest enemyes are devasting me! I cannot put lowest power!
2-my collect buttom advise me usually when full of 450k credits… now it advise me when 250k!!!

I wrote to playmage 2 days ago but him don’t answer to me: I don’t know what to do

my game is bugged: please help me

any other players use my account and say the same: it’s bugged!

Flag Post

joker, the collect button is based on any ONE CC/plant/mine being full of res. If you just got a new planet with some low level buildings, it will blink earlier. If you collect from just those buildings, the rest of your buildings can continue to gather res.

But you should just collect at all times when you have a pillar.. not let them fill to capacity.

…you first problem could be a number of different issues.

Flag Post

hate, i wrote a have my friend sittin me for see the problem and he say me it’s a bug: it’ s impossible i have over 136m power for my configuration!

Flag Post

1. Do you have ships assigned to build/tech heroes?
2. Do you have ships assigned to a 6th hero?

Flag Post

i have put away all the ships from heroes and put it again: nothing
i have always 5

now i do it with build/tech and i have 199m!!!!!!!!!!!

impossible… 9 1 7 7 ships max fow low com!!! + 1 mf

Flag Post
Originally posted by joker75ita:

i have always 5

It sounds like you’re describing what I call “phantom power”, which is the difference between your tech+build+hero+army and your actual power. There seems to be some kind of threshold based on your maximum power and if you drop below that threshold it forces you to a higher power level, but I’ve yet to figure out exactly how that works. Try shifting equipment around on your highest war heroes, or equipping slightly different heroes to see if that changes anything.

Flag Post

i find the bug: it’s a hero…

changing him i go down from 134M to 99M!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:
Originally posted by joker75ita:

i have always 5

It sounds like you’re describing what I call “phantom power”, which is the difference between your tech+build+hero+army and your actual power. There seems to be some kind of threshold based on your maximum power and if you drop below that threshold it forces you to a higher power level, but I’ve yet to figure out exactly how that works. Try shifting equipment around on your highest war heroes, or equipping slightly different heroes to see if that changes anything.

Usually caused by an underequipped hero in terms of ships. If I deequip one of my weaker fleets, the power will go up based off maximum capacity which will be the difference between the extra army of your highest command hero and the normal hero with points adjusted based off the war stat as well.

Flag Post
  1. I don’t believe that what Afakaz says is true, it doesn’t depend on you being too low in power compared to your maximum possible power. However, phantom power can still come from equipping the “wrong” heroes with ships, even when they are fully assigned. Before, your power was based on your 5 highest command heroes, regardless of whether they were equipped with ships or not. Now it is based on war and command heroes. So if you equip your 5 highest war heroes with ships, you’ll get a “correct” power rating. However if you use low war and low com heroes for some reason (such as a build or tech hero), you’ll be getting phantom power based on your highest command heroes I believe. This was fairly obvious from the patch note concerning this matter.
  2. Your collect button starts flickering when you are on a planet which has at least one resources producing building that is full.
    So if for instance you recently acquired a new planet, you’re button will be flickering a lot sooner when your on that one than it does on any of the others.

Flag Post

Here are my findings, this situation is still puzzling me and I will spell it out for those who’d like to look into it.

My usual log-off army assignments, with names removed cause they don’t matter:

MF: 381/394, 1 MF
MS: 275/523, 34 ships.
MS: 72/461, 9 ships.
MS: 70/454, 8 ships.
MS: 64/463, 8 ships.

This is a combined total of 49 MS and 1 MF, for a total of 54.5M army power. The rest of my power is 4.69 Tech, 2.39 Build, 14.69 Hero: a total of 21.77M power, which adds to my army for a total power of 76.27 million. Perfectly normal.

If I switch out my 275/523 for another one who is 62/446, and can hold 7 ships, my army drops to 41 million, but my power jumps up to over 87 million.

This is not a problem with equipment or allotment, all ship-bearing heroes have the most ships they can hold, and decent equipment. I have heard tell of some sort of algorithm to keep people from dropping their power too much below their max without depleting their reserves, I’m assuming it’s related to this but have been completely unable to figure out exactly how this works.

I’m totally willing to do any testing someone wants to suggest to get more details on this, I’ve done quite a bit on my own and found inconsistent results; sometimes reducing my comm heroes’ gear level (even if they’re not equipped with ships) will reduce my power, sometimes it won’t. Sometimes reducing my war heroes’ gear level will reduce my power, sometimes it won’t. I’d love to find a more final answer on this, as being unable to drop my army below 54 million (and keep an appropriate army:power ratio) without having to destroy all of my reserve ships is quite annoying.

Flag Post

I just told you why your power rating jumps in my previous post.
If you aren’t using your highest command or war heroes, the game will generate phantom power. And it generates phantom power corresponding to removing the lowest war/com hero (dunno how it picks one here honestly, is it lowest war, lowest com, dunno) and substitutes it’s power for your the unassigned hero with highest command.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

I just told you why your power rating jumps in my previous post.
If you aren’t using your highest command or war heroes, the game will generate phantom power. And it generates phantom power corresponding to removing the lowest war/com hero (dunno how it picks one here honestly, is it lowest war, lowest com, dunno) and substitutes it’s power for your the unassigned hero with highest command.

That’s kind of similar to what I’ve surmised but I don’t have a single bit of PROOF of this, I don’t have any delicious maths to apply, just guesswork which is completely unsatisfactory to me because it doesn’t allow me to model or predict anything. If I use 3 of my highest war heroes, power is fine; if I switch out for a 4th of my highest war heroes, my power jumps.

I’m totally willing to accept “stuff happens based on war and comm” but I want to know WHAT because if all I have is general guessing, that’s not helpful to me at all. I’d like to be able to KNOW how switching gear/heroes will affect my power, rather than having to guess based on trial-and-error. I don’t think that’s too unreasonable.

Flag Post

well good luck getting PM to divulge specific game mechanics, afaik they’ve never actually done any such thing
there’s lots of things i’d like to know, like how pillar bonusses and certain skills are used in damage calculation and such, but we’ve never gotten a straight answer

Flag Post

This has already been discussed by PM, and he gave very vague answers … just suffice it to say that there is some magic war/com thing going on that prevents people from dropping power too low using alternative heroes like builders.

Flag Post

Basically, the potential army strength used in total power calculation is derived this way:
1. Go through your top 5 command hero. If any of them are fully assigned with ships, then it will use the hero’s assignment.
2. Go through your top 5 war hero. If any of them are fully assigned with ships, then it will use use hero’s assignment.
3. If less than 5 hero assignment are used at this point, it will try to pseudo-assign your highest remaining command heroes with any ships not assigned in step 1 and 2, until total of 5 heroes are assigned with ships.

So if you have maximum amount of ships assigned to 5 heroes who are either in the top 5 of your war heroes or top 5 command heroes based on their command capacity, then the game uses your actual army strength as the potential army strength when calculating total power. Otherwise, you will get a higher total power. As mentions before, this mechanism is designed to prevent players from drastically dropping their total power to attack much weaker players.

Btw, we might consider changing step 3 to pseudo-assign to your highest remaining war hero instead of command in a future update. (Actually, it’s already checking remaining war heroes first if any of them are partially assigned. to prevent sudden jumps)

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

Basically, the potential army strength used in total power calculation is derived this way:
1. Go through your top 5 command hero. If any of them are fully assigned with ships, then it will use the hero’s assignment.
2. Go through your top 5 war hero. If any of them are fully assigned with ships, then it will use use hero’s assignment.
3. If less than 5 hero assignment are used at this point, it will try to pseudo-assign your highest remaining command heroes with any ships not assigned in step 1 and 2, until total of 5 heroes are assigned with ships.

So if you have maximum amount of ships assigned to 5 heroes who are either in the top 5 of your war heroes or top 5 command heroes based on their command capacity, then the game uses your actual army strength as the potential army strength when calculating total power. Otherwise, you will get a higher total power. As mentions before, this mechanism is designed to prevent players from drastically dropping their total power to attack much weaker players.

Btw, we might consider changing step 3 to pseudo-assign to your highest remaining war hero instead of command in a future update.

So if I understand this correctly, ALL FIVE of your equipped heroes must be either top 5 command or top 5 war in order for power to accurately reflect them?

Flag Post

I had my entire friend list get cleared today … not sure what happened.

NVM … refresh solved it.

Flag Post

AUCTION GLITCH – I made a successful bid on a hand Lv50 blue with war 43 tech +35 at the auction an hour or so ago. Took it from the mail and the item has not appeared in my inventory. Despite refreshes and many checks/sorting it’s not there, and my 8m credits have gone too. Has anyone else had this happen? I’ve reported it to PM… EDIT – and now it’s appeared!

Flag Post

Enhance gem Bug.
After looking through patch notes, I found a bug. For the patch that enhance gems were added, i found a mechanic that doesn’t work.
In this patch, when enhance gems were added over 8 months ago, It states that they “Can be found in chests dropped from visits/battles/bosses (6% of chests).”
After looking through all other patches, it was never removed that they wouldn’t drop from bosses chests, BUT, They never have dropped from bosses chests. This is both on Kongregate and Facebook.

This patch was March 9th, 2012.

Flag Post

war mission chests only drop equipment, nothing else afaik

ps. looks like I was right in my assumptions about how phantom power is generated

Flag Post

I’ve had a red gem dropped after Space Devil (One before Ch. N) thought it was a special reward or something at the time.

Flag Post

4 Heroes, (com/war)

388/550
190/600
136/610
126/615

5th hero —> 137/439
6th hero —> 84/481

if I equip first 4 and 5th hero, then no phantom power. But your logic explain as “top 5 war heroes should equip”,whereas 6th hero who has higher war than the 5th has no ships assigned.
if I equip first 4 and 6th hero, again no phantom power, as you explained.

Another weird flaw:

1st – 395/398
2nd – 243/290
3rd -123/399
4th – 66/427
5th -64/422
6th – 57/422
7th – 34/43

if I equip 1-3-4-5-7 —→ still no phantom power appearing, (meaning 2 and 6 are without ships and I am equipping a builder hero with ships to depower.)
Therefore neither top 5 command nor top 5 heroes are equipped. However there is no “phantom power”.

In conclusion, i have no idea how game is adding phantom power. ))

Flag Post

So not sure whats going on here but lately I have been seeing my damage halved in Gem raids, I asked around and was told about a damage cap but even on the 1st hit my damage is sometimes half what it normally is on that raid person.

Alittle more detail.

Vivian has 1100 War stat with Lvl 7 attack up, Equiped with Fighters, Lvl 31 carrot and Lvl 30 Attack.
In raid battles, I started noticeing a change in damage(halfish), so i started watching them and watching when I would get Multi or Triple off and see that my damage is different, I.E. Multi goes off does 170M damage each to 2 targets but only does about 80M to 3rd target. So I’ve been testing it some to see what this supposed “Cap” was but I started seeing that Vivian sometimes does half damage on a Normal attack on the 1st round, shoting 1st. so there is no way she would reach a damage cap. Any explanations??

P.S. this is also on FB

Flag Post

There is a bug with berserkers that when you end your turn, and enemy is standing right in front of him and he kills it, he does not move forward 4 steps.

Flag Post

I get the “time data error” notice now after almost any build completes…