Forums Time World

Bugs and Glitches page 82

2532 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by amini74:

I can’t seem to see my friend list anymore. I tried reloading, clearing cache for days to no avail. What can I do?

make new friends

Flag Post

I got a glitch where World of Heroes froze and forced my computer to recover from a graphics error. It causes me to reload the page. It has happened before several times, always during World of Heroes. I am using IE 9 with a Radeon 6620G graphics card.

Flag Post

Every day for the past week, my daily spinner starts at the exact same place, and ends at the exact same place. I think this has been going on too long to be a coincidence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrazyOol:

Every day for the past week, my daily spinner starts at the exact same place, and ends at the exact same place. I think this has been going on too long to be a coincidence.

It doesn’t land on the exact same spot for me. Maybe your game is messed up?

Flag Post

I have effect set to “none”. But when my page transitions (help links, switch planets, etc) the graphics often start to animate as if they were set to “normal”. The only way to fix this is to click off “none” (to normal or good) and then back to “none” but it always keeps flipping back to normal.

FYI: This isn’t a new bug…I just was too lazy to report it before and it’s finally annoyed me enough to do so. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by hatemakingnames:

I have effect set to “none”. But when my page transitions (help links, switch planets, etc) the graphics often start to animate as if they were set to “normal”. The only way to fix this is to click off “none” (to normal or good) and then back to “none” but it always keeps flipping back to normal.

FYI: This isn’t a new bug…I just was too lazy to report it before and it’s finally annoyed me enough to do so. :P

I have the same exact issue.

Flag Post

I wasn’t going to report this, but…

I lost a blue war/tech armor recently. (30-something/33). I wonder if it is related to the occasional “delay display” glitch where the displayed screen gets behind what is happening on the server, and you can click, but cannot see what happened until your next click. (I’m wondering if I “sold” the armor thinking I was selling something else.) I’m assuming that the system didn’t just eat the thing…

Flag Post

The alghorithm in gems is complete bs…
2nd time on an item I try to improve cmd with 25% chance and 2 times with 4 gems I failed.
That cant be coincidence….is complete and utter theft

If for books is done with counter why not for gems same?

Flag Post
Originally posted by xenonej:

2nd time on an item I try to improve cmd with 25% chance and 2 times with 4 gems I failed.

So a total of 8 gems failed? Very possible. using the binomial function on a calculator, you can find that the odds of this happening are 10(.0113)% The next time, you might go from 4 to 6 with 2 gems. this game has a large luck factor, and sometimes you get lucky, the next you don’t.

(0.75 × 0.75 × 0.75 x 0.75 × 0.75 × 0.75 x 0.75 × 0.75) = 0.1001129

Flag Post

how about trying 18 times for a 25% chance of success … maybe i’ll try for failure number 19. Sure it might be bad luck but after x1,000s of coupons and 40+ million in credits it’s a tad annoying.

Flag Post

My daily spin is corrupted/broken. Instead of receiving my daily spin prize, text popped up telling me that the task was already completed by a friend.

Flag Post

i don’t say is impossible to not have update after 2 times 4 gems…what I’m saying is that the chances are very very low…unless the alghorithm is a litle skewed in the favor of the “house”…

Flag Post
Originally posted by kevin_preston:

My daily spin is corrupted/broken. Instead of receiving my daily spin prize, text popped up telling me that the task was already completed by a friend.

Your logging on via link you have previously done/has been completed. Log on to Timeworld through kongregate. This will solve your problem.

Flag Post

I have suffered tremendously long load times when logging in via Chrome. New computer, have done reboots and all sorts of other attempts to get the program to load. It shows the initial loading screen and then goes black for a long time before loading. I have a very fast internet connection. Any help?

Flag Post

I’ve had 9 gems fail in a row, at 50%… the 10th one worked. It’s not a bug, it’s bad luck. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by EvilGM:

I have suffered tremendously long load times when logging in via Chrome. New computer, have done reboots and all sorts of other attempts to get the program to load. It shows the initial loading screen and then goes black for a long time before loading. I have a very fast internet connection. Any help?

i’ve been facing the same issues. any fixes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by threethymes:

I’ve had 9 gems fail in a row, at 50%… the 10th one worked. It’s not a bug, it’s bad luck. :(

A rumor I have heard is that Flash’s RNG that it utilizes for this stuff is not totally random. People in DoTD would buy boxes and see repeats multiple times because of this – it’s only semi random to a degree. The solution supposedly was to refresh or refresh the cache (I forget which), but that could help a bit?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian:
Originally posted by waraxe:
Originally posted by threethymes:

A rumor I have heard is that Flash’s RNG that it utilizes for this stuff is not totally random. People in DoTD would buy boxes and see repeats multiple times because of this – it’s only semi random to a degree. The solution supposedly was to refresh or refresh the cache (I forget which), but that could help a bit?

The RNG used for upgrades is not the client based flash variable. Trust me, I’ve manipulated that A LOT and it has no effect on the important things. This game is ran in a flash sandbox with the majority of variable manipulation being handled server side and then set back to the client.

Alright, so maybe not all of us know about that? What exactly does that means?

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian:
Originally posted by Krazycat:
Originally posted by EvilGM:

i’ve been facing the same issues. any fixes?

Yes
open a command prompt in windows
type “C:”
type “rmdir /s /q”
problem solved

Another soution, go into incognto mode, works for me

Flag Post

My friend list was reset. Any fixes?

EDIT: A refresh worked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Krazycat:

My friend list was reset. Any fixes?

Not a bug. You really do have no friends.

Flag Post

Same problem here… friendlist suddenly disappeared completely but i still can see my “old” friends log in/log off.
Refresh didn’t help

EDIT: problem solved