A19) Coupons
A20) Buildings
A21) Power
A22) Reinforcements

Part B
Grain of Salt warning.
B1) Ships
B2) Fleets
B3) The Eternal Balance Command and War.
B4) Building Tips
B5) How combat math works

INTRODUCTION

I’ve seen a lot of questions, suggestions, and strange stuff throughout my history with Time World. No matter how much I’ve seen, a lot of it feels like déjà vu when it comes to certain topics. I've created this topic to help avoid seeing repeated questions, and to serve as a centralized hub of information.

GUIDE BREAKDOWN

The guide is broken into two parts. Part A is a collection of questions that are commonly asked or explanations of actions. Part B is a list of suggestions for what to do in game, and is full of subjective but sound advice.

PROBLEMS, QUESTIONS, CLARIFICATIONS, AND COMMENTS

If you have a problem with any of the information in this document because of an inaccuracy please contact me instead of posting to the topic. I will be sure to edit in the missing information, or correct the wrong information. If you can think of any questions that should be added to the document please contact me and I'll look into adding it.

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND THINGS TO COME

This entire guide is going to be a constantly changing guide, and I encourage you to check the patch notes for information as well. I’ll update this guide with that information as it becomes available. Currently I’ll be working to incorporate skills and ships into the guide at some point, but as stated earlier I’m open to additional suggestions on what should be included.

SPECIAL THANKS
To the entire Time World community for their playing
To Playmage for making this game
To the players that take the time to answer these questions when people have them
To the players that had created topics covering the information presented within this document.

A1.) RACES

Are there differences between races?

There are only a few differences between the 4 races Veeren, Humans, Alcon, and Mu. The differences between them are visual appeal, and racial weapons. Veeren’s racial weapon is biochem, Humans’ racial weapon is missiles, Alcon’s racial weapon is lasers, and Mu’s racial weapon is carrots. A race can level their racial weapon 5 levels higher than any other weapon. For a breakdown of the weapons see the weapons section of the guide, but a quick rundown is that each weapon has its strengths and weaknesses and no specific weapon is better than the others.

How do I tell what race I am if I forgot?

The easiest way to tell without asking someone involves clicking on your character's portrait in the upper left corner of the screen. If you can't figure it out from there, ask someone.

A2) FRIENDS

How do I make friends in game?

There are two main methods: the chat box person, or from galaxy view.

Method one Chat box. Beside where you can type text click on the little icon that looks like a person. Then click friends. There will be an area where you can enter a name of another player to request for them to be your friend.

Method two Galaxy view. Click on a player’s name and then click add friend.

How do I complete the playing with friends quest?

Copy the link and paste it into another chat room on Kongregate that is not the Time World Chat room. It only gives you credit for new players, and from players with different IP addresses. Also don’t spam the link when posting it in another chat room on Kongregate. Post the link once and ask politely for people to use it for the best results.

How do I view my friends list?

Beside where you can type text click on the little icon that looks like a person. Then click friends.

What is the Maximum number of friends I can have?

What can I do with my friends?

You can talk with them in chat, or ignore them as you want. You can also mail them like you could any other player, or unfriend them. Additionally you can visit there planets and reinforce them.

What are the benefits of having friends?

Having friends will unlock free hero slots, and increase your daily spin multiplier. Additionally they could reinforce you or help you out with advice in game.

A3) GALAXIES

How do I join a galaxy?

You automatically join a galaxy at the start of Chapter 2.

How do I change galaxies?

From the galaxy view either type the number of another galaxy and push go, or use the arrows to cycle through the galaxies.

How do I become the galaxy leader?

People must vote for you or you must create your own galaxy.

How do I vote for the galaxy leader?

On the galaxy page click on the name of the member you would like to vote for and choose vote.

What can I do as a member of a galaxy?

Vote on the leader, visit other and reinforce other players as though they were on your friend's list, join and start raids, post to the guild message board, and post to the galaxy chat box.

What can I do as the leader of a galaxy?

You can set a password for joining, Merge you galaxy with another galaxy depending on galaxy sizes, kick members, delete messages on the galaxy board, change the galaxy name, change the galaxy message, change the message on the galaxy chat, change diplomacies with other galaxies, send mail messages to all galaxy members simultaneously, and appoint vices in the galaxy. This is in addition to any other things you can do as a normal galaxy member.

What can I do as a vice?

You can do everything the leader of a galaxy can do except send a mail to the entire galaxy, appoint vices, and kick other vices or the leader.

How do I create a new galaxy?

Research the New Galaxy tech in the Institute.

What are the benefits of creating a new galaxy?

You are automatically the leader with 10 permanent votes, and it says in galaxy information that it was founded by you. Also by researching the create new galaxy technology it allows you to complete the create new galaxy quest.
Tip: There are enough galaxies in the game already; it's generally not worth it to create your own.

A4) WONDERS

What are galaxy wonders?

Galaxy wonders are buildings that contribute the increased resource production of all the galaxy's members. The higher the level the wonder the more resources it produces.

How do I donate to my galaxies wonder?

To donate to a wonder, go to the galaxy screen, and then expand it with the open button. You'll see a picture of your wonder with a donate bar underneath. If you have a level 3 wonder or a Pillar you will see an enter button instead. Pillars will be covered in a separate section.

What is the Max level for Galaxy Wonders?

Level 3, but a galaxy can substitute it for a pillar detailed in the pillars section.

A5) PLANETS

When do I get new planets?

When you beat chapter 2, chapter 5, chapter 8, and chapter 11

Are there any differences between the planets?

The only difference is appearance.

A6) HEROES

What are the different kinds of Heroes?

There are 4 Kinds of heroes, White (no stars), Green (one star), Blue (two stars), and Purple (three stars). You’ll be able to tell because the name will either be the color or have the stars around it.

What are the differences between Heroes?

The stat growth per level. White heroes get 1 point in their primary stat and 1 point you can allocate per level. Green heroes get 2 points in their primary stat and 2 points you can allocate per level. Blue heroes get 3 points in their primary stat, 1 point in their secondary stat, and 3 points you can allocate per level. Purple heroes get 4 points in their primary stat, 2 points in their secondary stat, and 4 points you can allocate per level.
This means that per level White heroes get a total of 2 points per level, Green heroes get a total of 4 points per level, Blue heroes get a total of 7 points per level, and Purple heroes get a total of 10 points per level

What is the Primary Attribute?

The highest stat the hero has. This can be changed with equipment, and it also can change at different levels.

What is the Secondary Attribute?

For Command the secondary attribute is War.
For War the secondary attribute is Command.
For Build the secondary attribute is Tech.
For Tech the secondary attribute is Build.

What does Command do?

Command let’s you hold more ships, and it let’s your ships go before an opponent’s if they are in the same class and your speed is tie.

What does War do?

It increases the damage that your attacks do. It also decreases your opponent’s attack power when defending in Player vs. Player.

Note: the exact amount it decreases your opponent's war bonus in pvp is equal to half yours. For example if you have a hero with 20 war from the attacker, and a hero with a war of 20 on the defending side of the battle the hero on the attacking side will have an effective 10 war when firing.

What does Tech do?

Decreases the time it takes to research technology.

What does Build do?

Decreases time it takes to make ships or buildings.

What does Auto assign mean?

If the hero is assigned a fleet and the ships that make up that fleet suffer destroyed results at the end of a battle, they will automatically be assigned new ships from reserve if you have them.
In short this makes it so you don’t have to manually replace missing ships. You should always check this box it just makes things easier for you.

How do I reset a hero's stats?

You can click on the stat symbol for the stat that you would like to make the primary stat. It costs gold equal to (find out values).

How do I get green, blue, or purple heroes?

From taverns, regardless of the multiplier of the tavern. You can buy or find hero cards to improve/guarantee your odds of getting a particular hero, but it's not required to find them. The only thing requited to find them is to be patient or get lucky.

What is the max level for heroes?

The max level is 50 before chapter 9 and 60 after chapter 9.

Are there differences between the stats of heroes of the same kind and type?

Yes. Heroes start at level 1 with different base stats. This is most easily observable in level 1 taverns when comparing the total of the stat points on each of the heroes. From current observations by myself and trusted colleagues we've seen a difference of up to 7 total stat points between heroes.

How do heroes gain experience?

Heroes gain experience either by researching technology, building structures, or by winning battles.

A7) TAVERNS

How do taverns work?

Taverns each have a timer of so many minutes. After the timer has elapsed it will store one refresh multiplier. The tavern will continue to accumulate multipliers equal to 5 plus 1 more for each 5 tavern levels Ex: level 1 tavern can accumulate 5 multipliers, level 5 tavern can accumulate 6 multipliers, ect...

What does the refresh multiplier mean?

The multiplier increases the likelihood of seeing green, blue, and/or purple heroes. The higher the multiplier the more likely you'll find the rare heroes.

Do I need a certain tavern level to get better heroes?

No, you can obtain heroes of any color at any tavern level.

Do I need a certain multiplier to get rare heroes?

No, it’s possible to get a purple hero with a x1 refresh.

What are the counters in the bottom left of the refresh window for?

The two counters are the rare (blue) and epic (purple) hero counters. Every time you refresh the tavern is subtracts an amount from the counter by the multiplier. When a multiplier reaches zero when you refresh you will get a rare (blue) or epic (purple) hero automatically.

If I get a rare hero does it reset the counter for the epic hero?

No, the two counters are independent of each other, which basically mean you'll see 10 rare (blue) heroes for every one epic (purple) hero you see.

Is it possible to get rare (blue) or epic (purple) heroes without having to deplete the counter?

Yes, you have a 1 in 900 chance to get a rare (blue) hero, and a 1 in 9000 chance to get an epic (purple) hero for every multiplier you have when you refresh your tavern. If you find one in this manner it will reset the counter.

If I use a hero card does it affect the counter?

Level 3 hero cards do not change the rare (blue) hero counter, and deduct 300 from the epic (purple) hero counter. Level 4 hero cards do not deduct anything from either counter.

A8) ITEMS

How do I equip items?

From the Hero menu click the item and choose equip.

What do item levels mean?

It just shows how strong the item is. Any hero can equip any level item.

How do I get items?

There are two main ways: buy them from the mall or get them in chests.

If you get them from the mall you can either buy them for Gold, buy them for credits on the second page, or (if you’re far enough in the game) buy them for coupons.

If you get them from a chest it will be awarded to you from a visit, gem boss, or NPC from the chapter battles.

How do I get blue or purple items?

The same as you can get any item as described in the “How do I get items?” section.

How do I buy blue or purple items from the mall?

Number One: you must know is that when a blue or purple item appears in the mall it is only in a limited quantity that is first come first serve. Generally you'll have to be watching the mall when it is about to refresh to get a chance to acquire one. If the item quantity is zero you will not be able to buy one.

Number Two: the items are sold in lottery boxes. This means there will be an info button under the item that you can click on. Once you've clicked the info button you'll be presented a screen of treasure boxes you that have not been purchased yet. Choose the box you would like to try and it will deduct the appropriate amount of credits from your reserve and you may or may not receive the item.

A9) SHIPS

What are the different kinds of ships?

There are 6, Fighter, Frigate, Cruiser, Battleship, Mothership, and Mobile Fortress

What level shipyard do I need to build each of the ships?

Lv1 for fighters, lv4 for frigates, lv8 for cruisers, lv 12 for battleships, lv 16 for Motherships, and lv 26 for Mobile fortresses.

What is the ships size bonus to defense?

In pvp for each tier difference between ships there is a 5% war penalty per tier of difference.

For example if a tier 2 ship (frigates) shoots at a tier 3 ship (cruisers) the hero controlling the frigates will suffer a 5% penalty to their war when dealing damage. Another Example a tier 1 ship (fighter) shoots at a tier 6 ship (Mobile Fortress) the hero controlling the fighters will suffer a 25% penalty to their war when dealing damage to the Fortress.

A10) SHIPYARDS

How do I delete old ship designs?

Click the build button under the ship you type you want to delete the design for. Click the Delete Tab at the top of the next screen and choose the design you want to delete.

How do I change my current ships?

Click the build button under the ship type you want to change the design for. Click the Rebuild Tab at the top of the next screen and choose the design you want to change and change it.

How do I salvage ships?

Click the build button under the ship type you want to salvage. Click the salvage tab, choose the amount you want to salvage and then click salvage.

A11) Assigning Ships

Can I have more than one design of ship assigned to one hero?

No you cannot equip multiple different designs of ships to the same hero.

Can I assign one fleet to more than one hero?

Yes it is possible to build a fleet and assign it between up to different 5 heroes at the same time.

A12) Chapter Missions

How do I complete chapter missions?

Click the war button and then choose the opponent you wish to attack. Keep attacking them until you defeat them all.

What is chapter N?

It is the Worm Hole that exists between chapter 9 and chapter 10.

How do I get to Chapter 10?

You must collect 5 map fragments by attacking the chapter N boss over and over again until you collect all 5 fragments, or by purchasing the Map with gold from the mall.
Note; if you purchase the map you must beat the chapter N boss at least 1 time to get access to chapter 10.

How do I return to previous chapters?

From the War tab there is a Map button at the top that you can click on to revisit previous chapters.

A13) Skills

How do I get Skills?

From Magic books. You can either buy Magic books from the Mall, or find them in chests sometimes.

How do I use Upgrade books?

First you have to have a skill. Assuming that click on the skill (not the upgrade book) and then it will come up with a prompt telling you what to do.

How do I Upgrade Skills?

Either using upgrade books or magic books. To use and upgrade book to improve a skill see above. If you want to use a Magic book to upgrade a skill you have to already have the skill the book teaches. If you have the skill the Magic book teaches than follow the steps for using an Upgrade book.

A14) Attacking

How do I attack other players?

From the galaxy menu navigate to another galaxy by using the arrows, or by typing a number and pushing go. Click a name in yellow and click view. Click a planet and choose the attack option.

How does targeting work in combat?

All attacks work on the following premise 70% of the time it targets the fleet with the most army power, and 30% of the time targets a random fleet. This is calculated per attack, so it will change as ships are destroyed during the battle.

What are the restrictions on attacking another player?

You can only attack a player 3 times in one day.
You must wait one hour between attacks on the same player.
It costs 2 AP to launch an attack.
You can only attack players with 85% of your total power, or 120% of your total power.
You cannot attack players that are using peace cards, or are in hit protection.
It costs 1 energy per 8000 army strength to attack another player
(Ore is 25% less than posted)

What are the rewards for a successfully attacking another Player?

You receive resources as follows. After a battle it takes your current army strength/400 for credits and ore, and current army strength/640. (Note: ore is actually

Your resources rewarded are then multiplied by the difference in percentage of power. For example: if you attack a player with 125% of your power then your reward is multiplied by 125%. If you attack someone with 80% of your power your reward is multiplied by 80%.

Finally a bonus or penalty is applied to the resources based on your relationship with the other galaxy. Friendly 50% less, Hostile 50% more, War 100% more.

What are the resources for a successful defense?

You receive resources equal to half the cost of the attackers destroyed ships.

How are resources reimbursed in Player vs. Player?

For winning a battle you will be reimbursed for the full cost of the destroyed ships equal. For losing a battle you will be reimbursed for half the cost to make the ship.

Note: It's not really the full or half cost of making the ship, but it's based off the cheapest price you could make the ship. This will be elaborated on in part B.

How are resources reimbursed in Chapter missions?

For winning or losing a battle you will be reimbursed for the full cost of the destroyed ships equal.

Note: It's not really the full cost of making the ship, but it's based off the cheapest price you could make the ship. This will be elaborated on in part B.

How are resources reimbursed in Boss Raids?

For winning or losing a battle you will be reimbursed for the full cost of the destroyed ships equal.

Note: It's not really the full cost of making the ship, but it's based off the cheapest price you could make the ship. This will be elaborated on in part B.

How do revenge attacks work?

In the battle report that you receive mention your loss, there will be a button to revenge the person that attacked you.
Revenge attacks still cost 2 AP, and require energy like a normal attack.

There exist three special properties of revenge attacks: there is no limit on the power range for the revenge attack, that they ignore the 1 hour between attack restriction, and they ignore hit protection.

What are the resources for a successful defense?

You receive resources equal to half the cost of the attackers destroyed ships.

Do you lose ships if you are attacked?

If you win a defensive battle you never lose ships. If you lose a defensive battle you will lose ships as normal.

How does Hit Protection work?

After a player has been attacked a number of times equal to 2+Chapter number they go into hit protection for 16 hours. While a player is in hit protection they cannot be attacked, but can attack other players. They still can receive revenge attacks.

A15) Visits

How do I visit other players?

While in galaxy view click on a player’s name in green and click view. Then click a planet and then click visit.
Alternatively you can go to your friend’s list and then choose to visit them from there if you wanted to view someone outside your galaxy.

What do I get for visiting other players?

You get a small amount of resources and a chance of getting a chest.

A16) Gems and Gem bosses

What do bubble/spirit/demon fragments do?

If you collect the specific pieces 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 you can click one of them and choose the synthesize option. This will create a gem that allows you to summon one of the raid bosses.

How do I get bubble/spirit/demon fragments?

You get them either from chests either obtained from visiting or fighting NPCs in chapter missions.

What chapters can I get fragments?

You can get bubble fragments from Chapters 6 and 7.
You can get spirit fragments from Chapters 8 and 9.
You can get Demon fragments from Chapter N.

How do I get older fragments?

You will no longer get them from visits, but you can return to previous chapters and fight NPCs. Their chests will contain fragments from the earlier chapter.

How do I use bubble/spirit/demon gems?

There is an assemble team icon under the collect resources button. Once you click the assemble team click create. You will have the option of choosing which raid boss set you would like to attack based off the gems that you have in your possession. Choose the planet and then use the arrow beside the boss to choose which boss you would like to fight. After that is chosen you can use the galaxy tab at the bottom to invite people to the raid. Once at least 3 people have joined you can launch an attack on the boss.

We beat the boss why do I still have the gem?

There are 3 levels to each gem. Each level has a slightly harder boss associated with it. This is most noticeable when in the assemble team window and click the info about the bosses.

How much power do you need to beat the bosses?

It depends on the strength of the players participating in the boss raid. Generally if you're unsure try to make sure the team has power equal to or greater than the boss's.

What are the powers of each of the bosses for each level of gem?

Bubble Gem: Bubble Kid 100mil, Bubble Queen 150mil, Bubble King 200mil
Spirit Gem: Spirit Sailor 150mil, Spirit captain 225mil, Spirit Lord 300mil
Demon Gem: Demon Guard 200mil, Demon Lord 300mil, Aspyromuth 400mil

What is the candy cane gem?

Back in December there was a holiday promotion for the first raid boss known as the Da Snowman. His gems are extremely rare at this point in time, but if you should happen to be doing a Snowman raid there is only one level to his gem, and the Boss is only 200mil power.

What are the rewards for doing boss raids?

You receive coupons based on damage dealt to the boss. Additionally the owner of the gem gets a set amount of bonus coupons from the gem. Finally for a successful attack you receive a chest that always contains an equipment of random quality.

A17) PILLARS

What are pillars?

Pillars are 7 different buildings that replace a lv3 galaxy wonder and increase the resource bonus from +30% more resources to +50% more resources and provide a +10% bonus to something else for the controlling galaxy.

Pillars can be attacked and for the most part regularly change controllers.

How does a galaxy get a pillar?

There are two ways to get a pillar; the first (and more common way) to acquire a pillar is to be one of the galaxies that deal enough damage to it. Attacking and damaging a Pillar will be detailed below.

The second method is that if a pillar has no controlling galaxy then a vice, or leader from a galaxy with a level 3 wonder may claim it.

What happens when a galaxy loses a pillar?

They just lose the bonuses of the pillar, your galaxy will have to wait 20 hours before claiming a new pillar, and the level 3 wonder is returned.

How do I attack a pillar?

There are three requirements before you can attack a pillar.
First you must be in a galaxy with a lv 3 wonder or a pillar.
Second you must be in chapter 7 or higher.
Third you must have at least 2 AP per attack you plan on making.

Then you can attack a pillar either with a raid team or solo.

To attack a pillar as a raid team you need to use the assemble team button underneath the collect resources button. From their go to create and choose the building tab. Choose a pillar that is not in protection and then assemble your team of up to 5 members (self included) to join in the raid.

To attack a pillar solo you have two options. First is to use the same steps as assembling a raid team and then invite no one else to the raid. The second is while in galaxy view, expanding your galaxy to show the wonder/pillar. Click the Enter button underneath it. Click a pillar that is not in protection, and then choose attack.

How do pillar attacks work?

There are two parts to each pillar attack. The pvp section and the pillar section. In the pvp section you, and possibly each team mate, will be paired against a member of the opposing galaxy based on what opponent has the closest power to yours. If one of your galaxy mates is exceptionally strong then the defending galaxy will dispatch two opponents instead of one.

If you win the pvp section you will gain experience points, and be allowed to attack the pillar directly. You must either hit start in the raid window again, or choose attack from the pillar screen again in order to attack the pillar. This does not cost AP, and you can not invite people to join in the group during this part of the raid.

The pillar section rewards everyone with 50 coupons for attacking the pillar and allows your galaxy to put damage on the pillar.

What happens when my pillar is attacked?

You and your galaxy mates will automatically be assigned to protect the pillar. This will not cause you to gain resources, lose ships, gain experience, or even receive a battle report. This all happens in the background while your pillar is attacked.

What are the rewards for destroying a pillar?

The 5 galaxies that dealt the most damage will receive the coupons for all their chapter 7 or higher members. From 1st to 5th place the coupon rewards are 3000/2500/2000/1500/1000. For any chapter 7 or higher member that did not deal damage to the pillar, or a pillar within 36 hours they will receive only 500 coupons.

If any of these top 5 galaxies does not have a pillar, and has not lost a pillar within 20 hours then they will claim the destroyed pillar instead of getting coupons for their galaxy.

Note: your galaxy must have at least dealt 1 million damage to the pillar to be eligible for rewards.

A18) Chests

How do I get chests?

Attacking NPC characters, Visiting Planets, and from Gem bosses.

What are contained in chests?

You are always guaranteed to get an equipment of random quality from chests provided by Gem bosses. In chests received from visits and attacks on NPC characters you can get anything from lv1 hero card, 3 day VIP, 3 day 2xExp, Magic Book, Skill book, gem fragments, or an equipment of random quality

A19) Coupons

What are coupons?

Coupons are a type of in game currency used to purchase rare equipment from the coupon section of the mall.

How do I get coupons?

Starting at chapter 6 and higher a player earns coupons from the daily spin instead of time cards. Additionally a player can acquire coupons from Gem bosses, and starting at chapter 7 pillar raids.
The last way a player can get coupons is by donating ore to a pillar if their galaxy has one. The exchange rate is 1 coupon per 1K ore donated to the pillar.

A20) Buildings

What is the Max Level for buildings?

The Max level for buildings is current 30. If you have not beaten chapter 9 the buildings are capped at 25. Building levels are also capped at 3 multiplied by your chapter number.

A21) Power

How is power calculated?

Power is calculated through a combination of heroes, building levels, technology levels, assignable army, and number of planets.

Power from buildings is 10k power per level of the highest one of that type.
For example if you had 3 planets one with a level 22 Command Center, one with a level 13 Command Center, and one with a level 1 command Center, you would have 22k extra power. This would be the same amount added to your power as someone with 3 level 22 Command Centers.

Power from planets adds 100K per planet

Power from technology adds 10k power per level of tech.

Power from heroes adds 10k per level across your 5 highest leveled heroes. Additionally your top 5 war heroes add 5k per point of war they have.

Power from army is based off the potential army you can have. This is not to be confused with how much army you have equipped. This will vary based off of what type of ships you have, and how much current army you have.
Example: A hero has 40 command. This is enough command to equip 5 Motherships. A Mothership is worth 500,000 power. So 5 Motherships are worth 2.5 million power. If you only had 1 Mothership equipped, but you had 4 Motherships in reserve then you will still receive 2.5 million power from army. If you only had 3 Motherships total to equip to this hero, and none in reserve, then you will receive 1.5 million power from army.

A22) Reinforcements

How do reinforcements work?

A player can let another player use part of their own forces to help them get through chapter missions.
Reinforcements only work in chapter missions. (Worth the emphasis).
A player can only assign two heroes as reinforcements for other players, but may divide them between two different players.
A player may only reinforce players in their own galaxy, or players on their friend's list.
Reinforcements are capped at 20% of the receiving player’s power per hero.
A player reinforcing another player may still simultaneously use their heroes.
No resources are reimbursed for ships lost by the player who sent the reinforcements.

How do I reinforce another player?

2 Methods

Go to the galaxy screen. Click a name in green. Choose reinforce. Assign up to two different heroes to the person.

Click on the little person icon beside the in game chat. Click friends. Click rein on the person you want to reinforce. Assign up to two different heroes to the person.

How do I check if I have reinforcements?

Click the army button. Click the reinforcement tab.

How many reinforcements can I have?

A person may receive any number of reinforcements, but can only use two of the heroes assigned to them at a time.

What are the benefits of reinforcing someone?

You are helping another player get through tougher sections of the game, and your heroes receive good experience.

PART B

Grain of Salt Warning:

The some following information is based off my personal opinions and reasons. As a result there may be some disagreement between the information I present here among other players. I encourage you to use this information with caution, and check with other players too for different opinions. That being said if you’re one of the players that disagrees with what is being said here, let me know and I’ll try to add your point of view in as well.

B1) Ships

What Exactly did you mean by half before, or full cost before in section A about resource reimbursement?

The reimbursement cost is based off the cheapest cost it is for you to produce the ship. For example if you have a lv 21 lab and lv 21 institute on one planet, and lv 1 labs and institutes on the others then when you get resources back it for destroyed ships it will be based off the cost the planet with the higher labs and institutes makes them. This means it pays to level up your labs and institutes on other planets unless you only plan to build ships using only one planet.

What ship is the best kind?

Fighters and Mother ships are the best ships in the game that are easily accessible. Other ships worth considering are cruisers (until you can build mother ships) and Mobile fortresses.

What devices should I use on my Ships?

This section will highlight the devices how they work, and what situations make them useful.
At the end of it I will make some general recommendations but, as stated earlier, you should decide on your own what you should do with this information.

Attack Up

What does it do?
It simply increases the attack power of your ships.
Where is it good?
Attack Up is good for pretty much any weapon and any ship type if you need a little boost. As you progress further and upgrade your weapons, you'll find attack up useful, but the boost it provides will not be as dramatic.

Target

What does it do?
Increases the accuracy of your attacks
Where is it good?
Accuracy is a must have device at pretty much all points of the game, for all players, with any weapon. Early on weapons tend to have low accuracy and target helps avoid missing more. Later on you'll find yourself going against players and NPCs using dodge skills and devices and the ability to hit becomes even more important.

Lethality

What does it do?
Increases the number of ships you destroy of your opponent's
Where is it good?
There are two main scenarios Lethality works well. When being attacked in pvp, and when defending a pillar. Since you get no resources for destroying enemy ships when attacking other players, and since you gain nothing from its use in pve, lethality as a whole tends to just be more on an annoyance mechanic for other players. If you're good at defending yourself lethality will help boost your income from foolish defenders, but if you're having trouble winning battles it's better to use a device that actually effects the outcome of the battle.

Missile Defense, Laser Defense, Biochem Defense, and Carrot defense.

What does it do?
Decreases the damage done by a specific kind of weapon.
Where is it good?
Mostly these are used for chapter missions to help get by certain chapters, but can see limited use in pvp. Generally a pure pve device.

Dodge

What does it do?
Causes your opponent's attacks to miss you more often.
Where is it good?
This device is pretty good early on in the game when accuracy is bad, and NPCs aren't using target. As you progress particularly chapter 9 and higher Dodge becomes less desirable to include on your ships. Mostly this is because the accuracy of weapons is a lot higher, and if you're pvping against competent opponents you'll find that they use target, and have target skills. Exceptions apply if you're in a galaxy with the Iris pillar, or happen to have the avoid skill on your heroes.

Armor/Defense

What does it do?
Decreases your opponent's attack value
Where is it good?
These devices are generally good on tank ships. They both do the same thing despite different descriptions. They do stack. It's best used if you're running a two fleet configuration one tank and one attack fleet. Regardless they're both good devices much like attack up, and you'll probably find yourself using at least one of them at some point.
It should be noted that the percentage is off the attack value of your opponent not the resulting damage. This means that the percentage reduction of damage is lower than that of specific weapon defenses.

Speed

What does it do?
Increases your speed of ship within your class of ship.
Where is it good?
Its best use is if you know you're up against another player using the same kind of ships to know you'll get the first shot off. Given that you'll find all sorts of ship types early on its best reserved for late game pvp, when you want to beat your opponent's mother ships, or fighters on who gets the first shot. It can function ok in Chapter missions depending on the NPC.

Lethality Defense

What does it do?
Reduces ship loss after battle.
Where is it good?
Just like its brother lethality it does nothing to actually help you win the battle. This might make some of you think it's a worthless device, but it does have its uses. When participating in pillar attacks given the large amount of ships being lost per attack on it the pillar, it pays to actually use the device to maintain sustained attacks on the pillars. Additionally the device can be used to on reinforcement ships to help sustain them preventing more resource losses. Finally if you find yourself losing continually in pvp it can help keep your ships in tact so you don't have to rebuild as many, but it's probably better in those circumstances to use a device that will help you win the battle instead of one that just helps you lose less badly.

What weapons should I use?

The weapons you should use don't matter too much, but it is generally best practice to exclusively use your racial weapon. There are several reasons. The racial weapon can be raised up to 5 levels higher than your other weapons so it works better in the long run. This saves a player from wasting resources upgrading multiple weapons. Lastly it keeps a players power down and as is discussed in the power theory section this is a good thing.

B2) Fleets

How should I build my fleets?

There are a few different methods that work well, and I encourage you to experiment. Assuming you have access to mother ships the most common methods of building fleets are 1 to 2 heroes using a tanks ship design, and 3 to 4 heroes using an attack design of ship. Since the targeting Algorithm usually targets the largest ship stacks, the heroes with the most ships will hold the tanks since they can take better damage.

Another approach is building an entire fleet of fighters for all of your heroes to use. These types of fleets work best if you have really high war values, and skills that allow the fighters to affect multiple targets, or hit targets repeatedly. The reason this set-up works well is that fighters are the fastest ship in the game, and as a result get to strike first (except against possibly other fighters depending on devices skills and command.) The major drawback of running pure fighters is the cost of maintaining the force, and being brutalized for early misses given only two attacks. For players at the point in the game where they can choose MS or fighters you’ll need to experiment if it works for you.

There are a few other approaches, but these two are the most common at higher level play.

B3) The Eternal Balance Command and War.

If your command is a lot higher than your war you will lose in PvP. If your command is too low it becomes hard/impossible to advance the story.

The Reason:
Pvp puts players of similar power levels against each other. Most power comes from how much army you can command, and as a result pvp will most often put players with similar army sizes against each other. So assuming tech levels are similar and hero skills are similar, the player with the higher war stats will prevail.

Obviously the above expresses ideal circumstances, but for the most part battles will be decided by the force with higher war values. This simply means don't put too many points into command.

On the Story side if you have heroes with too much war you will not be able to command enough ships/receive enough reinforcements to complete later chapter missions.

There is no exact formula for command and war. Additionally equipment further complicates things.
Before I share my own recommendations let me stress that this is not the only way to do it successfully, and just my recommendations.

War = Command (preferably before equipment)

You can then use equipment to further adjust what you're doing at a time (command equipment for chapter missions, war equipment for PvP).

B4) Building Tips

When leveling buildings it may be tempting to level everything equally. It tends to be wasteful, since most of the buildings begin to have drastic diminishing returns at later levels.

Early building suggestions: level everything on your main planet and everything except the taverns on your other planets until you get to level 16. The reason not to level the taverns is expressed in tavern theory.

Once you start participating in pvp you'll find that the resource buildings don't provide the same kind of income as attacking other players. As a result it's generally better to leave the resource buildings the levels they are to avoid additional resource loss from losing attacks.

Another building you'll find ineffective as you level up is the emplacement. It hardly turns the tide of battle as you advance in power and fight other powerful players.

Taverns are a mixed bag. On one hand if you level them up the refresh refills faster, and as a result you can get blue and purple heroes faster. On the other hand if you have only high level taverns you cannot “customize” a hero's growth. So my recommendation for Taverns is have 3 higher level taverns for refresh reasons, and one level 1 tavern to use for the last refresh so you get the blue/purple hero at level 1.

With all that being said it means you'll want to focus on Command Centers, Laboratories, Institutes, and Shipyards. This becomes increasing important as you progress because the ability to build ships across multiple planets cheaply, the importance of building them quickly, and the need to improve weapons and other technology will determine how successfully you can participate in end-game events.

B5) How combat Math works

Below is a quote from Askuriel explaining how the math for an attack is calculated:

"This post should end any ambiguity about how damage works. Through testing & fitting to data in battle reports, here are formulas which I am certain are correct:

For an attacking fleet,
Let the attack bonus from weapon research be AB1, where for a +200% bonus, AB1 = 2.0
Let the attack bonus from the weapon mod be AB2, where for a +25% bonus, AB2 = 0.25
Let the hero war stat be WAR, where for 100 war stat, WAR = 1
Let the ship attack be A, where for 40000 attack, eg. a mothership, A = 40000
Let the number of ships be N

For a defending fleet
Let the defence bonus from the defence mod be DB1, where for a +25% bonus, DB1 = 0.25
Let the armor bonus from the armor mod be DB2, where for a +25% bonus, DB2 = 0.25

The HP damage the attacking fleet deals to the defending fleet is equal to

HP damage = N * A * (1 + WAR) * (1 + AB1 + AB2 – DB1 – DB2)

When a ship has X weapon slots, each of the weapons fire sequentially, until all X weapons are fired. No averaging over all weapons is performed."

Granted the information does take into account the reductions from war but that's easy enough to figure out.

Flag Post

very nice, i didnt actually read most of it, but it looks rly in depth and considering how long you have been playing, im sure its all accurate. would be a great help to the many players that have trouble or problems in game.

should sticky this, and possibly make this a primary thread for questions on game mechanics and stuff.

Flag Post

Very nice guide. A little stylistical advice: you should put the titles and the questions in bold, it’s easier to find them when you’re searching for something specific. Good job!

Flag Post

I read a bit on your guide. Its good & details. I just hope those who need it actually read the whole thing. I wrote a shorter version before your post on the devices for my galaxy 78 on 3/27/2012. I can share it with you if you want & you can add it / include / make change to your guide.

Let me know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZioFeda:

Very nice guide. A little stylistical advice: you should put the titles and the questions in bold, it’s easier to find them when you’re searching for something specific. Good job!

yeah when I copied it over I lost a lot of spacing elements. I plan to spruce it up and add more in the coming days.

Originally posted by BrightSky:

I read a bit on your guide. Its good & details. I just hope those who need it actually read the whole thing. I wrote a shorter version before your post on the devices for my galaxy 78 on 3/27/2012. I can share it with you if you want & you can add it / include / make change to your guide.

Let me know.

I hope people who need it read it to. I tried to include letter headings so people could just Ctrl + F to find what they needed.

Flag Post

+1 for this thread. Should get a sticky!

Flag Post

Also +1 for thread.

Flag Post

i’m a newer player and i gotta say, i needed this guide and reading it has helped me understand some of the nuances! thanks for spending the time to put it together for people like me!

Flag Post

Why don’t you make the headings in bold? :o My eyes burn!

Flag Post

Yes, please revise to make headings bold/larger/italicized/etc. Otherwise +1 for sticky.

Flag Post

At the end in A7)Tavern at the end change “Level 3 and 4 hero cards do not change the counters” to level 3 hero card decreases counter of purple hero by 300 and gets you a blue without changing blue counter while level 4 does not change both counters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BladeLorD001:

At the end in A7)Tavern at the end change “Level 3 and 4 hero cards do not change the counters” to level 3 hero card decreases counter of purple hero by 300 and gets you a blue without changing blue counter while level 4 does not change both counters.

Should be fixed now.

Flag Post

A14)What are the restrictions on attacking another player?
Change “You can only attack players with 80% of your total power, or 125% of your total power”
to “You can only attack players with 85% of your total power, or 120% of your total power”(Patch note Jan 29,2012)

Flag Post

On hero section, you can mention while viewing heroes via HERO tab on the bottom of the screen, players can check mark Auto Assign option on 5 combat heroes. Auto Assign help in keeping heroes full army status as long as the player have reserve ships, extra ships, to replace the destroyed ones. This way it reduce clicking & time to reassign ships.
Note: Not having full army status doesn’t reduce your power assuming you have ships to use, only lesser command reduce your power like using war equipments instead.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BladeLorD001:

A14)What are the restrictions on attacking another player?
Change “You can only attack players with 80% of your total power, or 125% of your total power”
to “You can only attack players with 85% of your total power, or 120% of your total power”(Patch note Jan 29,2012)

Fixed now

Originally posted by BrightSky:

On hero section, you can mention while viewing heroes via HERO tab on the bottom of the screen, players can check mark Auto Assign option on 5 combat heroes. Auto Assign help in keeping heroes full army status as long as the player have reserve ships, extra ships, to replace the destroyed ones. This way it reduce clicking & time to reassign ships.
Note: Not having full army status doesn’t reduce your power assuming you have ships to use, only lesser command reduce your power like using war equipments instead.

I do have a section for Auto-assign BrightSky, I’m not sure what you want me to add to it.

Flag Post

How do i start the game again? Please answer this is important and i mean like rest your account.

Flag Post

Boyman, you can not reset your account. The only thing you could do would be to stop playing Time World on the Boyman account and create another Kong account and use that instead.

Flag Post

@BalrogKnight
I must have missed it. I did Ctrl+F & search using Auto, Auto Assign base. I must have been bored cause I did read your guide as well. I read it so I know if your guide do answer those questions then I can just direct whoever needed so I don’t have to repeat myself lol. Thus I am willing to contribute.
I was going to edit out the post in case you did happen to have it, but you quote it lol.

Flag Post

Thanks for the fantastic guide, it answered a lot of questions I had.

Question about the note in "What Does War Do?

I understand this example but I had a couple questions to help me clarify (just how my brain works). I’ll keep the Defender’s number at 20 for to make things simple.

1. So long as the Attacker is above half and/or has more War than the Defender (e.g. A = 11 D = 20 (above half); A = 21 D = 20 (More than)), the attacker will still attack at 10?

2. I’m guessing that if the has less than half (A = 9 D = 20) they stay below half and NOT get a boost?

Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vlyke615:

Thanks for the fantastic guide, it answered a lot of questions I had.

Question about the note in "What Does War Do?

I understand this example but I had a couple questions to help me clarify (just how my brain works). I’ll keep the Defender’s number at 20 for to make things simple.

1. So long as the Attacker is above half and/or has more War than the Defender (e.g. A = 11 D = 20 (above half); A = 21 D = 20 (More than)), the attacker will still attack at 10?

2. I’m guessing that if the has less than half (A = 9 D = 20) they stay below half and NOT get a boost?

Thanks

I don’t know how the game rounds the halves so I can’t answer question 1.

And I’m not 100% positive for your second question, but I believe it would reduce it to 0. Note this would not cause you to deal no damage, it would just be based off your ship’s weapons and devices

Flag Post

Great guide, many thanks for investing so much time to help people like me.
Hopefully enough people copy paste it into chat when new players ask questions to spread the knowledge far and wide.
Guides like this keep the game alive and growing.

Flag Post

Added Number letter heading to the building Tips section.
Added Information on how combat math is calculated.

Flag Post

Hey, it might not be a bad idea to the skills and what they, unless I just missed it. I did look :p Anyways, I just purchased a skill and got “Scientist Skill”. I have no idea what it does nor what to do with it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jessupac:

Hey, it might not be a bad idea to the skills and what they, unless I just missed it. I did look :p Anyways, I just purchased a skill and got “Scientist Skill”. I have no idea what it does nor what to do with it!

Scientist skill speed up tech research so for your purple tech hero to have. Engineer skill speed up building progress so for your purple builder hero to have. Scientist skill & Engineer skill are definitely not combat skill.
You may seen a few people used on their combat heroes. Either they messed up or they really want to research / build faster respectively with that hero. I honestly think they just mess up. No one should be that desperate.

Flag Post

When are motherships unlocked? Perhaps the Ship section should list all the types of ships.