Forums Time World

Ultimate Question and Answer Guide page 6

190 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by abz329:

it repairs damage

in my opinion it really shouldnt. once when i was fighting against space devil, one of my hero did a combo. 14 dmg first hit no repair. second hit 15dmg with repair. makes no sense. space devil should be able to have lvl 7+ repair also. also, one of my heroes once hit a guy with 12 ms dmg and the next shot he did was 6 dmg. my hero didnt get hit once and the other guy didnt lose all of his ms. hit the same hero in same battle also.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phamat1223:
Originally posted by abz329:

it repairs damage

in my opinion it really shouldnt. once when i was fighting against space devil, one of my hero did a combo. 14 dmg first hit no repair. second hit 15dmg with repair. makes no sense. space devil should be able to have lvl 7+ repair also. also, one of my heroes once hit a guy with 12 ms dmg and the next shot he did was 6 dmg. my hero didnt get hit once and the other guy didnt lose all of his ms. hit the same hero in same battle also.

Lethality shots ignore repair I believe, it’s a theory that is consistent with observations.

Flag Post

So, it is a good move to put a repair skill on a MF hero, because it get’s hit 70% of the time, and this way it stays alive longer, therefore your MS hero’s will get hit less (assuming that under normal conditions your MF get’s killed in a battle). Am I right?

and thanks for the fast reply all =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by jomaki:

So, it is a good move to put a repair skill on a MF hero, because it get’s hit 70% of the time, and this way it stays alive longer, therefore your MS hero’s will get hit less (assuming that under normal conditions your MF get’s killed in a battle). Am I right?

the way i think repair “should” work would be the same as lethal defense, but apparently many ppl says otherwise. a lot of ppl say that it is almost like u recieve less damage which i find it dumb because there is already a skill called defense that does the exact same thing. i think the way repair works would be that if ur ms gets his 20ms dmg and does a repiar of a lvl 1 , which is 10% repiar, the 10% of the would have been damaged ships would now be able to be repiar so u dont lose that 10% of ships. kind of like lethal defense.

it would still be helpful to mf nvrtheless bcuz u dont want that mf to be dmg ever. makes u feel vulnerable if u lose all ur mf.

Flag Post

the way i think repair “should” work would be the same as lethal defense, but apparently many ppl says otherwise. a lot of ppl say that it is almost like u recieve less damage which i find it dumb because there is already a skill called defense that does the exact same thing. i think the way repair works would be that if ur ms gets his 20ms dmg and does a repiar of a lvl 1 , which is 10% repiar, the 10% of the would have been damaged ships would now be able to be repiar so u dont lose that 10% of ships. kind of like lethal defense.

it would still be helpful to mf nvrtheless bcuz u dont want that mf to be dmg ever. makes u feel vulnerable if u lose all ur mf.

So the way you want it to work, is not how it works atm. One could discuss how it should work, but I doubt that the skill will be changed by PlayMage. The way it works now, seems verry good to me for a MF hero. The way you, and many others, want it to work, I don’t think it’s that usefull for a MF hero.
But we will have to do with what they give us =)

Flag Post

So the way you want it to work, is not how it works atm. One could discuss how it should work, but I doubt that the skill will be changed by PlayMage. The way it works now, seems verry good to me for a MF hero. The way you, and many others, want it to work, I don’t think it’s that usefull for a MF hero.
But we will have to do with what they give us =)

it would be very useful in pillars/pvping. they die way to much during those raids.

Flag Post

Repair is essentially a dodge..it’s 100% at level 10 with 40% proc rate making it VERY VERY GOOD. E.X. I kill 17 ships one hit, repair procs next hit I kill say 14..that’s how it works it prevents damage..“repairs” a % of MF health as well, making it a fantastic skill it’s almost a necessity on your heroes in the current end game.

Flag Post

The original post seems pretty out of date at this point on some numbers… Lists the level cap for heroes as 60, the coupon rewards from pillars are different now.. That’s all I spotted offhand. not trying to criticize as I’ve gotten a lot of use out of this post but since a lot of people trust it, having outdated information can be harmful to the community as a whole

Flag Post

Annoying. I just wrote out a long post and it deleted the whole post when i tried to edit. Oh well, what I was going to say was this guide is missing some info on gems, woh, hero skills and has some outdated advice regarding comm:war ratio, ship design and building levels.

Flag Post

Because the original poster is BalrogKnight who is Iona I believe, he hasn’t played this game in a while.

Flag Post

Iona was the original poster & quitted the game while back. I suggest reading the other posts to stay updated.

Flag Post

Did the chanse for blue and purple equipments in mall drasticaly change? Haven’t seen any lately..

Flag Post

How is attack order determined if speed mod, ship type and command skill are all exactly identical; for example, if you are attacking your own phantom in the Phantom Nebula. Is it random, does the attacker go first, does the defender go first, is there some other method of determination?

Flag Post

Ok did Pillar raid. After got attacked and lost. Finished pillar raid with 8 AP after getting attacked i lost 2AP. Other people have also reported similar incidents. Anyone else also experienced similar problems. ( I am sure of my AP so please don’t ask if i didn’t get the AP right beforehand because i did).

Flag Post

Wait… what?

Flag Post
Originally posted by stalliga888:

Ok did Pillar raid. After got attacked and lost. Finished pillar raid with 8 AP after getting attacked i lost 2AP. Other people have also reported similar incidents. Anyone else also experienced similar problems. ( I am sure of my AP so please don’t ask if i didn’t get the AP right beforehand because i did).

Pillar raid consume 2 to 4 ap per hit to the pillar. There are 2 sections in pillar raid. One is the pvp section where you fight off defenders, players in the defending galaxy that have pillar. Players in the galaxy defending the pillar do not get affected by those pillar raid other than losing their pillar bonus. If your team or you soloed & lost the pvp section of the pillar raid, then you must use another 2 ap to hit the pillar itself. Thus it is best to defeat the defenders in the pvp section of pillar raid. This way, you only use up 2 ap per hit on the pillar. I hope that answered your question.

Flag Post

In WoH what is the maximum number of heroes you can have (excluding self ressing ice bunny)?

Flag Post

30 just like the max # of heroes you can have in the first place…

Flag Post

Is there a way to outvote a leader in a galaxy, my galaxy is very inactive. Is there a way to outvote a leader with 10 votes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

How is attack order determined if speed mod, ship type and command skill are all exactly identical; for example, if you are attacking your own phantom in the Phantom Nebula. Is it random, does the attacker go first, does the defender go first, is there some other method of determination?

In my experiences with the phantom, I seem to go before my phantom but not 100% sure if that’s consistent, and answer would be nice.

And, @wartotal, move galaxies is probably the solution, though there definitely needs to be a galaxy size crunch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wartotal:

Is there a way to outvote a leader in a galaxy, my galaxy is very inactive. Is there a way to outvote a leader with 10 votes?

The situation is probably the galaxy belong to him, he created it. If not, 9-10 players vote for him to be leader.
You need 11 individuals vote for someone else, thus outvoting him. I recommend moving to a new galaxy. You are probably in a galaxy someone created to quit Time World.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BalrogKnight:
B5) How combat Math works
The HP damage the attacking fleet deals to the defending fleet is equal to

HP damage = N * A * (1 + WAR) * (1 + AB1 + AB2 – DB1 – DB2)

I’m pretty sure there’s a typo here. For (1 + WAR), that ‘1’ is supposed to be a ‘100%’ so that each point of war adds 1% to your damage. Then the equation would be either (100% + 1%*WAR) or (1 + .01 * WAR). Either way, this term in the formula is why your heroes’ damage in story chapters is maximized when Command = 100 + War.

This doesn’t actually matter for most players since, until the later chapters, you’re better off ignoring your own heroes’ damage and just boosting your command to maximize your reinforcement’s damage. Still, it is a typo.

Flag Post

You should probably read his post in its entirety.

“Let the hero war stat be WAR, where for 100 war stat, WAR = 1”

The only possible change I could see mattering is accounting for the war reduction due to target war stat.

Also, that’s untrue, it’s only necessary to 125m because people will almost always prefer MF to MS due to the limited number of MS in addition to their ability to lose damage upon getting hit at all. The only reason people get huge amounts of command is so they can use their war heroes in addition so you have access to skills.

Flag Post

Since boredpoo did such a nice job of it and it’s kinda got lost off the page…
How big are gold heroes in WoH?
Big pic, may need to scroll to see it all.

Flag Post

For ships, is it good to have 4 differents attack(laser, missile, biochem, carrot) or its better to have all 4 same attack?