Forums Time World

Ultimate Question and Answer Guide page 2

192 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

When are motherships unlocked? Perhaps the Ship section should list all the types of ships.

It’s in A9). Shipyard lvl 16.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zedenstein:
Originally posted by claytonde:

When are motherships unlocked? Perhaps the Ship section should list all the types of ships.

It’s in A9). Shipyard lvl 16.

Another way to find out without asking is simply looking at your shipyard unless you level it up & forget the level requirement.

Flag Post

I’ve seen it on the forums somewhere and, after much searching, can’t find it again. What is the best way to tell your race. In the race section, you say where to look, but not how to tell. The profile page doesn’t my race. I think I’m vereen, but I’m not sure. My first planet is the green one. Perhaps you could add the first planet = this race to the guide, this would be mucho helpful, thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jessupac:

I’ve seen it on the forums somewhere and, after much searching, can’t find it again. What is the best way to tell your race. In the race section, you say where to look, but not how to tell. The profile page doesn’t my race. I think I’m vereen, but I’m not sure. My first planet is the green one. Perhaps you could add the first planet = this race to the guide, this would be mucho helpful, thanks!

I believe it was mentioned in the guide already. Another indication of your race is the weapon the tutorial told you use to in the first place.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BrightSky:

I believe it was mentioned in the guide already. Another indication of your race is the weapon the tutorial told you use to in the first place.

Nah, I’ve looked 3 times or more (at least not in the race section). It does say that, though I can’t remember…..

Flag Post

Nah, I’ve looked 3 times or more (at least not in the race section). It does say that, though I can’t remember…..

Go to ur figher build, its the one racial weapon & weapon defense. Or ask some1 is the same race as u. I can find out, but u should be the one doing it.

Flag Post

How do you get the gems for dream world after you reach lvl 5

Flag Post

what does the skill “engineer” do? it’s icon is a hammer

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterofthecats:

what does the skill “engineer” do? it’s icon is a hammer

Speeds up build time. The first level is 2%.

Originally posted by Dabomb007:

How do you get the gems for dream world after you reach lvl 5

Go to Missions, and look to the top-left corner of the window. ‘Free Gems’ should be there. Click on it.

Flag Post

Why i cant change primary skill of my hero that is level 6? Is there minimum level limit or smthg?

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkh3v:

Why i cant change primary skill of my hero that is level 6? Is there minimum level limit or smthg?

The hero have to be at least lvl10 to change their stat. Respec cost 2*lvl+1 for purple hero. So it is 21 gold for lvl10 and higher gold cost for each lvl higher than lvl10.

Flag Post

At 18M attack power when I succeed in PvP I get 7-8k credits plus the destroyed ships bonus. According to the guide I should get 45k. Assuming I lose 20% of my army in the attack (that’s on the high side for when I succeed) and the opponent had 85% that should still be 30k. Has the formula changed, or is there more that I’m missing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ponkan_pinoy:

At 18M attack power when I succeed in PvP I get 7-8k credits plus the destroyed ships bonus. According to the guide I should get 45k. Assuming I lose 20% of my army in the attack (that’s on the high side for when I succeed) and the opponent had 85% that should still be 30k. Has the formula changed, or is there more that I’m missing?

That’s because the numbers mentioned there are wrong. I couldn’t say what the numbers should be, but what I do know is that it’s never been that high.
Example, I attacked someone with 95 million army power, lost 6 MS and got the following, at hostile galaxy relation:
95887 credits, 55443 ore and 44193 energy
The 6 destroyed ships gave me something like 30k credits, 22800 ore and 11400 energy as reimbursement.
So say I actually looted : 66000 credits, 33000 ore and 33000 energy. (I rounded the numbers a bit, to make comparison easier)
These numbers aren’t what they should be, my target must have been out of ore, as I should’ve gotten 66000 otherwise. One thing I do know is that if your opponent has enough credits, ore and energy; you always get twice the credits and ore as you get energy.

Then if we remove the bonus from hostile setting, that would be:
44000 credits, 44000 ore, 22000 energy

From what I remember, that formula mentioned has never been correct, because we’ve never gotten the amount of resources it would suggest you get. Something the creator of this guide should look into.

Flag Post

I forgot to include that part of the resource gained is capped based on the opponent’s resource output from their power plants, command centers, and ore mines. I’ll include it in a future update.

Additionally I’m curious what you mean by destroyed ships bonus. Unless you are defending a battle you don’t get anything for destroying an opponent’s ships. You do get a resources back for your own destroyed ships, and that may be what you’re referring about, but I wasn’t sure given the wording.

Flag Post

In Reinforcement section: under how many RF you can get or use or whatever, I think the max you can use is 20% per hero or 40% total for chapter war.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Davo1219:

In Reinforcement section: under how many RF you can get or use or whatever, I think the max you can use is 20% per hero or 40% total for chapter war.

Each reinforcing hero will have a max army power equal to 20% of your total army power yes. However, people can send you a larger fleet, but the number of ships actually used in battle will be lowered to make sure the fleet doesn’t surpass that 20% maximum. That’s why for instance you need to have 125 million army power to be reinforced by a Mobile Fortress, any lower and the reinforcing fleet will be commanding 0 MF’s during the battle.

Flag Post

ok thats what needs to be added in the RF section. thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by BalrogKnight:

I forgot to include that part of the resource gained is capped based on the opponent’s resource output from their power plants, command centers, and ore mines. I’ll include it in a future update.

Additionally I’m curious what you mean by destroyed ships bonus. Unless you are defending a battle you don’t get anything for destroying an opponent’s ships. You do get a resources back for your own destroyed ships, and that may be what you’re referring about, but I wasn’t sure given the wording.

Sorry, yes I meant the reimbursement for my own destroyed ships. So would this mean that for practical purposes army strength doesn’t determine resource gain (aside from allowing you to win the battle), it’s really the resource collection buildings, since already at this point my army seems to grow faster than my resource collection does?

EDIT: the double post was a browser glitch, sorry about that. Second post is now deleted.

Flag Post

Idk why you double post, but you can edit your post. FYI. Its on ur left side, bottom of ur name.

Flag Post

(your army/2000)(their power/your power)(1+diplomacy modifier)=credits or ore, half this for energy
if they do not have the resources available, you will receive what they do have (and at least 50% of the above number even if they don’t)
The only factor resource output has in battles is you lose 1 hour of collect if you lose defense (modified again by 1+diplomacy modifier)

Flag Post

should add to heroes section a breakdown of command per ship and a link to the wiki or google docs spreadsheet. this guide is almost complete but not everything is in it, yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatrimKK:

(your army/2000)(their power/your power)(1+diplomacy modifier)=credits or ore, half this for energy
if they do not have the resources available, you will receive what they do have (and at least 50% of the above number even if they don’t)
The only factor resource output has in battles is you lose 1 hour of collect if you lose defense (modified again by 1+diplomacy modifier)

That looks about right. When losing defence, do you also lose the resources that the attacker gained, or just the 1 hour of collect?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MatrimKK:

That looks about right. When losing defence, do you also lose the resources that the attacker gained, or just the 1 hour of collect?

you gain A LOT more by winning then the person losing lost. My alt got attacked and lost. Didn’t lose any ships and the resource change was like -4k, -4k, -2k but the person that attacked me had to show they received at least 5x to 10x more than I lost. Resources are some how magicly created when you attack people.

Flag Post

Go to ur figher build, its the one racial weapon & weapon defense. Or ask some1 is the same race as u. I can find out, but u should be the one doing it.

Okay, I had the same problem several weeks ago. So here is a little something to identify more precisely your race when you didn’t pay attention during the tutorial:

Humans look like humans (sic). Their weapon is missile (so you should identify it pretty easily if you replay a battle where you were attacked). In galaxy view, their icon is blue. And the primary planet is whitish

Mu are the easiest to identify. Weapon is carrot canon (looks like a carnival canon in battle view). In galaxy view, the icon next to your name is a grey rabbit with orange eyes. The primary planet looks like a rabbit.

Veeren have really pinkish skin (sometimes, there’s an eye-patch). Weapon is biochem (it fires green bubbles). In galaxy view, the icon is a green bubble. The primary planet is red.

Alcon look like elves with very pointy long ears. Weapon is laser (an crystal like octaedron). In galaxy view, the icon is orange. The primary planet is green.

Hope this will help some people who are looking for this information.

(and please, cmc impaired people do not need to comment on this. This is a forum for ALL players, even n00bs, not for only those who think they hold a PhD in TW gaming and thus indulge in bullying the new posters around. And sorry for my english, this is not my native language. But constructive comments are always welcome, of course.)

Flag Post

As Atomslaya suggested, here is the link to the skills list before it gets pushed back in pages:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/111-time-world/topics/228912-skill-list-effects

(if the OP is no longer around, maybe we should repost this with someone who is willing to update the guide regularly so people don’t have to read the whole thread to see what’s missing in the first post)