Forums Time World

Are we being lied to?

25 posts

Flag Post

I’m attacking Alston, got my power down to 125 mil to match exactly the person I want to fight, and guess what? I get a 132 mil power fighter in PVP! Even though there’s a 125 mil power guy sitting doing nothing. WTH, PM??? Is there an explanation for it?

Flag Post

I think this was explained else where on another thread. For single player defender selection, it takes the two player close to your total power, one directly above you and one directly below you, then pick the one closest to army strength ratio. So even though player higher has 132M and player lower than you has 125M which is much closer in total power, the 132M will be selected if the army strength is closer.

Note: the closer army strength of the is determined by closest ratio, not value. For example, if the player higher has 111M army, attacking player has 100M army, player lower has 90M army, it will pick the player higher because (111/100) < (100/90)

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

I think this was explained else where on another thread. For single player defender selection, it takes the two player close to your total power, one directly above you and one directly below you, then pick the one closest to army strength ratio.

Note: the closer army strength of the is determined by closest ratio, not value. For example, the player higher has 111M army, attacking player has 100M army, player lower has 90M army, it will pick the player higher because (111/100) < (100/90)

It wasn’t a single defender, we had 3 people in my team.

Flag Post

Multiple team selection works same way, as it sort selects one by one, except in the end it makes necessary adjustments.

Flag Post

Multiple team selection works same way, as it sort selects one by one, except in the end it makes necessary adjustments.

so, this happened about a week ago, and it would be nice to have an explanation so i know how to react accordingly. i played a chapter guardian and won 4 times in a row, generating a level for one of my heroes, and another had leveled from building. i added two ships, as well as the person reinforcing me. no other changes, just got stronger. i then go to fight same guardian thinking it’s going to be easier, lo and behold i end up losing SEVEN times in a row. this marks the third time i defeated a guardian boss, improved in strength, and then lost to same boss 3+ consecutive fights after. now i’m no engineer, but it seems to me that if i add power, i should get stronger…..

fyi: i’m aware of rein cap, that stayed same too! also, i’m only accounting for the stats i put into command, as war doesn’t help in chapter battles

Flag Post

And why the selection is not randomized in a range by the way? (like in DW?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jessupac:

so, this happened about a week ago, and it would be nice to have an explanation so i know how to react accordingly. i played a chapter guardian and won 4 times in a row, generating a level for one of my heroes, and another had leveled from building. i added two ships, as well as the person reinforcing me. no other changes, just got stronger. i then go to fight same guardian thinking it’s going to be easier, lo and behold i end up losing SEVEN times in a row. this marks the third time i defeated a guardian boss, improved in strength, and then lost to same boss 3+ consecutive fights after. now i’m no engineer, but it seems to me that if i add power, i should get stronger…..

fyi: i’m aware of rein cap, that stayed same too! also, i’m only accounting for the stats i put into command, as war doesn’t help in chapter battles

Your post sounds like you were having problems with story battles, not with pillar raids, so it probably deserved it’s own topic.

As for why you kept losing the person reinforcing you might have started to lose ships and didn’t have enough in supply to keep helping you win.

Just so you know war does help you win in chapter fights because it increases the damage you do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dkwz:

I think it provides a tactical element of trying to pair people with the weakest defenders for pillars by using equipment.
It also creates strategy in forming teams. I for one like it the way it is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BalrogKnight:

I think it provides a tactical element of trying to pair people with the weakest defenders for pillars by using equipment.

This is not strategy. It would be strategy, if only people online could defend pillars, and you would have to do a fight and adjust. It’s a constant, so please for all that’s holy don’t call it strategy.
Or if defenders lost ships, so the first attacker would lose more than the second, and third… that would be strategy. What it is, is the way to make thing hard for the little guy. The battles I talked about were bad for me cos I lost my fortress, and suddenly I was no match for the person I easily farm at any other time. And what you call strategy just didn’t work, because of the setup. The player with 7 million more power was my only opponent, no matter how much “strategy” i used.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lycour:

This is not strategy. It would be strategy, if only people online could defend pillars, and you would have to do a fight and adjust. It’s a constant, so please for all that’s holy don’t call it strategy.
Or if defenders lost ships, so the first attacker would lose more than the second, and third… that would be strategy. What it is, is the way to make thing hard for the little guy. The battles I talked about were bad for me cos I lost my fortress, and suddenly I was no match for the person I easily farm at any other time. And what you call strategy just didn’t work, because of the setup. The player with 7 million more power was my only opponent, no matter how much “strategy” i used.

Lycour I’m sorry that I’ve upset you with my statement, but saying something isn’t strategic because you don’t think it is doesn’t make it any less strategic.

It is possible to set up equipment to choose which defenders a given group of galaxy members are going to fight against. Given this involves planning on the attacking party I would call it strategy.

Defender’s losing ships doesn’t make it strategic because that just adds adds randomness and can’t be planned around. It makes the fights easier, not strategic.

Battles for you is not a valid form of support you’re argument, it’s just you complaining about what happened to you and lends nothing to your point.

As for the comment about not helping the little guy, if you’re saying the ability for a player that is weak to spy their defender in advance and sculpt their command to fight someone with similar heroes/ships/techs/skills is not helping the little guy than I will concede that point to you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jessupac:

Your post sounds like you were having problems with story battles, not with pillar raids, so it probably deserved it’s own topic.

As for why you kept losing the person reinforcing you might have started to lose ships and didn’t have enough in supply to keep helping you win.

Just so you know war does help you win in chapter fights because it increases the damage you do.

That is very good to know, thank you! I read somewhere on these forums that it’s useless, and from what I remember the thread saying, the point is still valid, so maybe I just misunderstood :) Anyways, sorry for the clutter. I know how to use forums but I don’t have much experience with them. I was checking the reinforcements too, I do between each battle so I don’t decimate my friendly’s ships. I’m not somuch upset at the situation, just in case I didn’t come across right. Just kinda looking for a possible reason or two which might help me determine if my actual strength with reins was closer to the four wins in a row, or the seven losses in a row after adding some. Which in turn helps me to decide if future bosses will just destroy me. Thanks!

Flag Post

You have not upset me at all, BalrogKnight. But I would really like to see some strategy in this game. And the way it works right now, I know well with every galaxy in the top7 how to play it. I can’t call it strategy, cos it’s boring. And the example was given to show that this system is not in favore of the little guy. I became the little guy for the moment and guess what? I couldn’t hit the pillar. I have teammates who go through that everyday. If someone strong isn’t with them they stay on sidelines. And what about whole galaxies that have no gold players? I am not all about me, believe it or not. I think the current systems effectively sucks. It’s the reason for strong getting stronger and weak staying weak.

Flag Post

I’d like to add another point to the subject. Did you notice , how many strong players from all over the “universe” joined gal8 after the pillars were added? You ever thought why? They used stay in other galaxies, because they had friends there or they didn’t agree with 8’s policies or whatever. Today nothing matters. There is BIG difference between getting 2-5k coups a day and 15k. And from this point on the coupons alone dictate that if they (g8) want you, you can’t afford to say no. Now I’m not saying that to bring gal8 down, they’re my friends. It’s the system that keeps anybody smaller than 8 or 1 from getting the loot. I do agree that gold should make you stronger, but coups are supposed to be for everyone. Not for those who are strong in PVP. Coups are the only way for non-gold player to get ahead at some point, but the PVP for coups system keeps them from getting much, if any. I was saying it from the begining, the pvp part of raids is a stinker. Again, not for me, when I want i get very good results. But it’s not for everybody and that spoils the game.

Flag Post

well said, lycour, the strong keep getting stronger and how long has 8 held that pillar? but as for the weak getting weaker, i beg to differ.there is stratagy to overcome that concept, and more use it than youd think. galaxy 8 the best galaxys like to top 7 get tons of advantages, however, just like they united to be so strong all other galaxies can do that to.and even when a galaxy isnt nearly that powerful but they have people around their size to grow with, they will. ive seen countless players grow in small galaxies at decent rates with no artificial help just stratagy, and some i even manage to recruit making my galaxy more formidable and proving the weak arnt always staying weak. as long as there is a large galaxy with a group of active players around each other’s level, they will get strong.yes pillars are out of their options untill they reach a certain level, but that can be asertained by farming other players and growing first.if you win enough pvp you can raid, simple philosophy and it makes sence.pillars are just strong pvp, if your the best in your power range you will win. granted the little guys cant just go out and takee a pillar, they arnt on the same level yet as the pillar defenders, they just need to build up more, and they can.
saying its unfair for the weak if they try everything berfore they are ready is obvious, saying te cant catch up iss the only thing this gap causes worry about. the weak are growing, but the ones who dont grow fast enough will never get a chance to catch up. the spoil is when nobody can catch up after they finish story and thats all thats left, it hasnt happened yet, so the game is still alive for even your sideline players
(and of course, no offence ment by my contradiction lycour, just puting my thoughts out like you do. i respect what you said as much as my own and all who post :D)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lokigamer:

well said, lycour, the strong keep getting stronger and how long has 8 held that pillar? but as for the weak getting weaker, i beg to differ.

Right, weak are getting stronger. But are they getting stronger at the same rate as the top galaxies members? No way. Example: All my battle heroes have 3 purple items on them, two of my builders have demon armor. I’m saving coupons not for war but for faster bulding and tech now. And I have a friend who’s been playing as long as I have, very active player, not a member of top galaxy… struggling to get her third purple item. See the difference? The riff between us is getting bigger and bigger thanx to unfair pillar battling system. IMHO.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lycour:

I’d like to add another point to the subject. Did you notice , how many strong players from all over the “universe” joined gal8 after the pillars were added? You ever thought why? They used stay in other galaxies, because they had friends there or they didn’t agree with 8’s policies or whatever. Today nothing matters. There is BIG difference between getting 2-5k coups a day and 15k. And from this point on the coupons alone dictate that if they (g8) want you, you can’t afford to say no. Now I’m not saying that to bring gal8 down, they’re my friends. It’s the system that keeps anybody smaller than 8 or 1 from getting the loot. I do agree that gold should make you stronger, but coups are supposed to be for everyone. Not for those who are strong in PVP. Coups are the only way for non-gold player to get ahead at some point, but the PVP for coups system keeps them from getting much, if any. I was saying it from the begining, the pvp part of raids is a stinker. Again, not for me, when I want i get very good results. But it’s not for everybody and that spoils the game.

Well very recently myself and others turned down their invitation as they want a game without challenge. After all whats the point in playing a game where your in one massive allience comprised of many of the top players and you can’t lose? They offered to fit us into their galaxy allience where we would be most needed. You know the allience between G8 and G42 that G8 denys excists or at least denys that g8 and g42 are basicly the same galaxy. :P

I find it funny that G8 still feels the need to keep recruiting from other galaxys when they are already on top with a perma piller. Do they fear that if they don’t keep activerly recruiting strong players that they might actually face a threat to their dominence? weak sauce ;)

Your right. Most joined them post piller didn’t do it because they have friends in G8 or like their policys, they did it too sit back and get coupons. Even people who completely disagree with G8’s leadership don’t leave because they put coupons before everything else and they don’t care about challenge.

Flag Post

The current system encourages everyone cto join the perma piller galaxy as theres zero negatives towards doing so unless you count a complete lack of challege and uncompetitive gameplay.

Flag Post

Meh. Many people here seem to forget that there is indeed a challenge to the top players — it’s called the storyline battles.

I do think it’s a bit unhealthy for the game to be stale in the rankings, however. Newer players can’t catch up these days without inside connections or Gold, and many players end up having neither of those. I was a bit on the fortunate side and managed to get into G18 almost right off the bat where I grew much faster than I would have otherwise, and I’m quite thankful for that.

Getting back to the subject of pillar mechanics: It seems alright how it is to me, though I do think the system should be closer to that of Dream World’s Mystic Wars (limited repairs, weakened pillar defense if it’s still standing after some time). Perhaps raise the maximum pillar HP to 200m, but lower the max HP by the same as current HP every time it gets hit? It would keep things from getting too stale.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bob10110:

Meh. Many people here seem to forget that there is indeed a challenge to the top players — it’s called the storyline battles.

I do think it’s a bit unhealthy for the game to be stale in the rankings, however. Newer players can’t catch up these days without inside connections or Gold, and many players end up having neither of those. I was a bit on the fortunate side and managed to get into G18 almost right off the bat where I grew much faster than I would have otherwise, and I’m quite thankful for that.

Getting back to the subject of pillar mechanics: It seems alright how it is to me, though I do think the system should be closer to that of Dream World’s Mystic Wars (limited repairs, weakened pillar defense if it’s still standing after some time). Perhaps raise the maximum pillar HP to 200m, but lower the max HP by the same as current HP every time it gets hit? It would keep things from getting too stale.

I think we just don’t know because most people don’t make it very far before quitting the game. It does leave a little to be desired for older players, but any and all long-standing (insert: commercially successful) games will adjust the game mechanics to suit newer players. This is to combat the inbalance between experience and noobness. The reason it works is because these mechanics are not based on strict percentages, but rather defined values. This opens the door to help new players without giving the beefed up players too much of an advantage. Of course, I’m not saying no percents period, but it is workable. Either way, there simply has to be some sort of advantage for noobies to catch up, but not necessarily pass, in order to keep the game from dying out in the void of space. I’ve been playing for 40 days and am looking at what I have accomplished so far, and what I still need to in order to even do a pillar raid. Let me tell you, it seems staggering. I don’t even have a purple hero yet, and my counter to epic isn’t halfway down (I play daily and the taverns don’t go long at full, if I’m not ready for it). If the gap grows too big, even the untouchable galaxy 8 won’t see the need to play anymore. If you are going to give something to the noobs, the faithful deserve something new to play with as well. From the sounds of forums and chat, few people are strong enough to fully enjoy the game, and even fewer are willing to get to that point. Hate to say it, but even if you lose all the people that play now, if you get double the new ones to play, it’s gonna be better for the game

Flag Post

The strong galaxys keep getting stronger and the weak keep getting weaker when stronger galaxys mail members of other weaker galaxys muiltiply times trying to convince them players to join them. This is still happening despite the complete lack of fair play or respect it shows. Not one invite but a few all from the same galaxy. I do wonder how other galaxys would react if the shoe was on the other foot and we were the ones trying to steal members. Thankfully the majority of our players are not dropping their friends too “easy mode” through the game.

That still begs the point. How are any other galaxys suppose to grow if even the best are still trying to steal members from other galaxys? Any weaker galaxys who help get their members strong enough to compete just ends up being targetted for recruitment.

You may as well call certain galaxys “The Borg Collective” given their tactics.

Flag Post

I try to remain objective, although I do fail at times. I have read quite a bit about “The Borg Collective” and company, though have no personal experience in the matter. If it is as you say, then it certainly is slanted. We can do nothing but create other powerful galaxies to combat the military strength. I’m in galaxy 164, and while we don’t have a ton of members, we are ranked respectfully. For now, we are trying to beef up enough to clear some Spirit Lord gems out of our inventories (it takes our strongest of players and getting us all on at once can be tough). We would like to add some strong people, but we are NOT wanting any of the forum drama. We have a good atmosphere and want to keep it that way. Eventually we will take a pillar, but we are going to have grow quite a bit more, and donate a heckuva lot of ore, we just got a level 2 wonder last week. Somewhere along the way we will have to decide if it’s worth it to be sure, because all this nonsense does spill over into everyone’s little world.

Flag Post

The easiest way to not have to deal with the forum drama is not reading any thread that deal with it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

The easiest way to not have to deal with the forum drama is not reading any thread that deal with it.

Ah, Confucius lives. What other words of wisdom can you provide the rest of us imbeciles? Ok, that’s about as snarky as I’ll get for now….. Here’s the deal. None of the noobs are gonna be posting in forums, the only people I see here are those that are gonna be strong enough to help my galaxy. Not saying that only people who use the forums are drama-queens, but more that all the drama-queens use the forums. No, this is not a blanket description, if it applies to you it does, if it doesn’t apply then it doesn’t. Not interested? No problem. All I’m saying is, if you read my last post on this topic and want to join our galaxy, don’t bring any problems with you. I thought it was clear……

Flag Post

Ah, I didn’t understand what you were saying then.

Carry on :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

Ah, I didn’t understand what you were saying then.

Carry on :p

no worries. hope i didn’t get too snarky :)