Forums Time World

People turning away?

46 posts

Flag Post

In our Galaxy, where we are friends, have no fights and no politics, after last few patches some people quit and many stopped loggin in as much. Even with pillar raid times being more spaced out now, we don’t have half as many raiders online as we did before.
I want to hear from other galaxies, if you see the same thing happenning. Everyone is welcome to speak, but I am not really interested in top galaxies or top players.

Flag Post

yup your right Lycour, the game is dying a slow death with every thoughtless update.
the same thing is happening here.
everyone is just so turned off by PM’s greed.
if it was not for the great people in our galaxy, i would be gone also.

Flag Post

Same thing happened in g18. After i left to start G9 Aramel quit and now G18 is pretty much dead. They all either quit the game, or went somewhere else.

Flag Post

Well, these are people’s opinions and a way to provide feedback to the developers. It doesn’t seem to work, but it makes sense to point out that the changes being made are pushing people away.

I don’t think the chat is a good indicator as it’s a mix of people who are on the brink of quitting, or about to get to the point in the game where they get their free gems and are gone. New players count towards that total, but that doesn’t mean they are going to save the game. Even if they do stay, no reason to think that they’ll be spending as much as some people who have left. My question is why do people feel the need to make other people feel wrong or stupid for having an opinion and expressing in a way that is respectful and conducive to improving the game as a whole? If people are quitting because of recent patches then there should be as many posts as we are seeing. Not saying anyone has to agree with me, or the above opinions, but there are better ways to say so than degradation/humiliation

Flag Post

this isnt a topic just about ppl cassually leaving the game, its a topic about multiple/masses of players leaving or simply not caring anymore all around the same time. and it isnt just about “one reason or another”, its the same reason for just about every player, simply enough everyone got real pissed with a lot of these patches.

anyway i would comment on the topic, cept lycour is in my galaxy, and he explained it pretty well

Flag Post

Can’t say I really care about the game anymore. When it takes over a week for a single building to be made and only one pillar goes out of protection in my timezone, there isn’t much of the game left for me.

Flag Post

Maybe a reason is that, when you have to wait for like2 days for a building uprgade, it’s boring

Flag Post

I think it’s everything. Noticed how people stopped talking about how the last patches stunk? Most still hate it, but the will and the hope to get through to Pm is gone. It’s easier just to turn away. The “band aid” we got this week is nice, but it didn’t fix any of the problems. It’s the proverbial bone Pm has thrown us, made quite a few guys angry really. We are bored frustrated and tired. Personaly I’m here to spend time with friends. but do I still play the game? Not really. Can’t remember when I actualy created a team. I even have a gem now, wow! And not doing anything about it. I just can’t care anymore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lycour:

I think it’s everything. Noticed how people stopped talking about how the last patches stunk? Most still hate it, but the will and the hope to get through to Pm is gone. It’s easier just to turn away. The “band aid” we got this week is nice, but it didn’t fix any of the problems. It’s the proverbial bone Pm has thrown us, made quite a few guys angry really. We are bored frustrated and tired. Personaly I’m here to spend time with friends. but do I still play the game? Not really. Can’t remember when I actualy created a team. I even have a gem now, wow! And not doing anything about it. I just can’t care anymore.

I do see a general negativity in this thread, but you would need be bit more specific on the cause for us to attempt to fix the “problems” that you claim that still exist. Could you please point out which exact changes in the recent patches and what was the negative effect caused by it?

• Was it the pillar deterioration that made the couple pillars less permanent?
  • Was it the defense increase and tiered donation that finally allow some galaxies to defend their pillars for more than couple minutes?
  • Was it the change to increase max coupon per fight to 60 while reduce inactive reward to 100 to encourage participation?
  • Was it the mall changes that increased average available credit-bought blue items by 60% and credit-bought purple items by 150% by significantly increasing the odds of appearing but reducing the stock number?

The above is pretty much all the game-impacting changes from the recent patches prior to what you referred as proverbial bone patch. The coupon flow was not really lowered either with all these changes overall, especially with the last change that added bonus for 6th and 7th place. So, you complain about not being about to get through to us, here is your chance of spelling out what exact you think was so wrong with the recent patches.

Flag Post

•Was it the pillar deterioration that made the couple pillars less permanent?
Last time i checked g8s and ours (42) was still standing.
Why? because the + damage didn’t hit the problem. There is no reason to hit the though pillars over the weak ones.
If you are strong you can use your AP for more efficent on the weaker pillars for a better rank.
If you are weak you dont get through the pvp anyway.
So what would be solutions to that? Change the pvp part so that you deal for example only 50% if you loose. that way weak galaxies would have some chance without making strong defenders worthless.

•Was it the defense increase and tiered donation that finally allow some galaxies to defend their pillars for more than couple minutes?
The increased price over 60mil does not help that goal at all. Actually its the bigest reason why the 2 named pillars are not at 100mil. We get the same effect for less ore if we stay down at 60mil. Scrap the high prices for 60mil+. At least let galaxies show off that they are trying to keep it.

•Was it the change to increase max coupon per fight to 60 while reduce inactive reward to 100 to encourage participation?
Okay the 60 coupons are nice but not really a big thing. if you raid 50 times a day you get 500 coupons more. Nice but not really an important amount. If you miss pillars because you are busy for a day and have bad luck with the times you loose far more even if you are only rank 5 on 1(!) pillar.
Also the better way to encourage activity would be to give leaders and vices the tools to track it INGAME.

•Was it the mall changes
Fine there are more purples. However I personally didn’t get a single one for quite a long time. The usual result is MISS, MISS and MISS. Thats not really fun either.

So some more points:
still no way to get skills over the 0,0000001% chance on visits for non paying players. Visiting is pretty much worthless. Sell them for coupons or increase the chance from daily spins after 5days login. Or drop them from raids, or….

Big chances without announcing them first
ANNOUNCE THEM FIRST, then hear the feedback if players thing its a good idea. Dont implement them if a big amount of players is against it. Heck you could even make a little poll ingame everytime you want to make (bigger) changes. But if you do that dont make it a yes/no. You would also need neutral/rather yes /rather no.

Flag Post

Well, Chip56 did a pretty good job, so I will add very little.
PVP is still the problem in pillar raiding for the smaller galaxies and average players, so all you have done to make pillar wars more fair either again helped the same strong players/galaxies or nobody at all. You just refuse to help the average player. Plus you try to make said pillars easier to destroy and easier to hold at the same time. How can that ever work? In reality, the only thing you’ve really done in the pillar wars is made 7 instead of five “lucky” galaxies.
There were many suggestions on how to let all the galaxies that have lvl3 building and their players benefit from the whole thing, you ignored them all.
Here is one more: get rid of the PVP part, it really stinks. Make pillar’s power and HP proportional to the total power of the galaxy that holds it. To hell with repairs, dont need that either, unless you plan to reward players for holding a pillar for given period of time. Base coupon rewards not on damage, but on ammount of attacks done by galaxy. If you do that, you will give any active galaxy a chance, maybe people will even stop hating G8 and start working towards creating an active galaxy. Cos right now three strong gold players can pull a galaxy to the top and 25 or so players will leach off of those players, while others put in just as much time and effort and get nothing, unless they join “the right galaxy”. Not a good way to play a game really.

Flag Post

My only gripe with this game these days, is that it’s intolerably boring. The highlight of logging into Time World is to participate in Pillar raids, and even that is starting to feel like a chore with all these updates to the pillar system that may have been helpful to some people (I don’t know?), but didn’t make fighting against or holding pillars any more fun than it already was. Logging onto this game is starting to feel like a boring routine, and I’ve been talking about it with several of the top players in this game; they all seem to agree that Time World has become rather dull, following several months of updates that haven’t introduced anything new to keep us occupied in this game, other than a rather stale and increasingly uninteresting Pillar system.

I like the new badge rewards, they kept me occupied for a few seconds, and then I logged off. Going to work seemed more interesting than beating the same pillars for the 1300th time, for no other reason than to earn a few coupons. At this point in time, I play this game for no other reason than to support my galaxy. If I wanted to be entertained, I would play a console game or Angry Birds on my iphone. Those games offer more variation (Yes, even Angry Birds does), and endlessly more fun that you can get from playing this game, or even from purchasing these ridiculously overpriced gold items. I predict that a lot of players will leave this game, once you introduce a new hero tier in the next expansion. Blame your own lack of creativity/greed, when that happens.

Flag Post

1. Get rid of gold & coupons. Make EVERYTHING cost something in resource. Either 1 specific resources or a combination of resources. Everybody must be able to buy everything. No ifs, buts or maybes!

2. People who want to be on the fast track of fame and power are welcome to buy with Kreds, extra resources & AP.

3. Mall should be personalised for each individual like the Tavern. That way rare items remain rare and people don’t complain about buying empty boxes. Mall roll over times can be made longer.

Expanding on lycour’s idea about removing PvP from pillar raids & a pillar’s strength:
4. A pillars attributes should be defined by the galaxy holding it. E.g. HP is determined by the number & level of all the Control Centres in the holding galaxy. HP recovery per minute/hour is determined by the number & level of all ore mines & power plants in the holding galaxy. Other attributes like damage, defence, can be determined by tech level. This encourages everybody to level their buildings.

5. Galaxies holding a pillar should not be able to participate in pillar raids.

6. The galaxy that wins the pillar raid gets the pillar. No claiming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

I do see a general negativity in this thread, but you would need be bit more specific on the cause for us to attempt to fix the “problems” that you claim that still exist. Could you please point out which exact changes in the recent patches and what was the negative effect caused by it?

• Was it the pillar deterioration that made the couple pillars less permanent?
  • Was it the defense increase and tiered donation that finally allow some galaxies to defend their pillars for more than couple minutes?
  • Was it the change to increase max coupon per fight to 60 while reduce inactive reward to 100 to encourage participation?
  • Was it the mall changes that increased average available credit-bought blue items by 60% and credit-bought purple items by 150% by significantly increasing the odds of appearing but reducing the stock number?

The above is pretty much all the game-impacting changes from the recent patches prior to what you referred as proverbial bone patch. The coupon flow was not really lowered either with all these changes overall, especially with the last change that added bonus for 6th and 7th place. So, you complain about not being about to get through to us, here is your chance of spelling out what exact you think was so wrong with the recent patches.

it’s about time zone…

the design of pillars war now, members can not focus their power on 1 pillar and everyone tired with limited timing.

In my opinion, I will make every pillar stand for 24hr even they are negative health point, then calculate the damage and repair at 24:00 server time, galaxy get reward whatever they claim the pillar or not.

Reward the galaxy if they keep a pillar over 24hr, but increase the player damage on this pillar and multiply the destroy reward according to how many days this pillar alive.

Flag Post

The largest problem I see here is that ultimate game progression comes down to luck. Whether or not you can get that item, get that hero from a tavern refresh, or be lucky enough to have logged in at the right time.

Luck can keep people playing in the short run, but if you are in a game, trying to progress, and seeing all of your time put into something for little or no return, it gets frustrating.

There is no way to acquire more powerful equipment or heroes beyond luck. Coupons are not the fix for this. They are based around it as well, even if it is in a round-about fashion. (cannot get more coupons if you don’t have the player power, cant get more powerful without coupons)

The work-around to all this is gold, real money. I understand that this is meant to be a profit making game for the developers, and I, like (I am assuming) the majority of players here, am OK with that. What I am not OK with is the shamelessly high prices.

In the recent update you (PM) made rare and unique items in the mall available for purchase with gold, good move. Where you went wrong was with the price. Just earlier there was a lvl50 blue armor in the mall, the lottery had run, and the item was available for the price of 124 gold! No person in their right mind would pay that, so in essence what was done was increase the number of appearances of the items, but reduce the number that actually make it into circulation. Even though the items can technically be bought, I see the chance of that actually happening slim to none.

For the casual player, or the player just starting out, it is too difficult to be competitive in the current system. I am not saying that a player who has spent nothing should be able to compete directly with one who has spent hundreds of dollars, but there is no middle ground. There are a handful of galaxies that can run the gambit, and dominate completely, then there are those who cannot.

I’m not saying give stuff away, but make it actually attainable within a reasonable period of time. 9000 on the purple tavern timer is not reasonable.

Flag Post

Hope this thread will be read back by PM.

First Chip done a great job for what was pointed out. Lycours then add some good stuff. But if Amleida is right about a new hero tier in the next expansion, be sure of 1 thing, if you dont allow us to move our skills from one hero to an other, you can be sure ill quit this game. It cost be a bounch of cash to get those and i wont put more money to get them back that is for sure. And your “forget option”, you know where you can put it if you think ppl will use it to xfer their skills.

I do understand that selling gold item after lottery is a good way to get money. I do beleive that the price is high, but in a way, if it was too cheaper, in a few days, everyone would have those gears and the game could be very unbalance. I dont know if we can buy 10 of them with gold in a row, but if this is the case… well… Maybe lowering the gold price, but limit it to 1 max per player. Need more in stock for purple too, 2 is really not a good idea with all those chest to open. 5 would be really better. You must not forget that before i buy (and i hope others do the same) we compare the price with what other thing we could buy with that money. So i have the choice to get Skyrim or a L50 purple… Just guess what ill take.

For Heroes in tavern, i think its a good thing for 9000. It take a month if not lucky to get one, still better than what it took me to get my first one (over 90 days if i rmb well). But to encourage ppl, adding special mission that would give one blue hero and then later 1 purple hero would be a good way to introduce them in game and keep ppl with some hope for others.

LordShoe created a good thread about pillar and what you could do with it. I did add more thinking to it too and maybe you could get some stuff from there as well.

I play since launch date +3days, and there is something that really is not funny. The Drops. Those are a pain in the a$$. White here, White there, White everywhere. What can we do with whites….sell them for stupid Cred. Lots of ppl think its an legend that we can get Magic Book or Upgrade book from chest because they are so rare. I think i got 10-12 Upgrade books and 5-6 Magic book in over 140days of playing. And let me tell you that i visited a damn lot when i was on Peace Card. If you want to keep ppl around, they must have a chance to get something in return, not always having them to buy their luck out. Add better odds for books,upgrade gems to drops and add it a chance to get a chest in pillar raid too.

Gems: I dont know what kind of random generator you guys are using, but i can tell you it is not normal that i have demon fragment like that: 17x #5 , 9x #3, 10x #2 and 19x #1. Everyone will tell you the same, they all have issue getting 1 kind of fragment. You sell them for 10 gold… but for what you got from it, i wont spend a dime on those and im pretty sure that the random generator is made to let everyone have issue getting 1 kind of fragment. I do visit 3 times a day to complete my daily, and i havent got a fragment for about what…30 more days… At least, doing gems between pillar is somewhat less boring than waiting. But since we dont get then much…

AP is something everyone need. War Mission take 1 of those and if you want t a chance to get a good place on pillar, or get res to upgrade your buildings, well, there is no more left to do War mission. Need to do at least 10 PvP per day to get some res (something that make ppl angry too because you steal res from everybody and ppl get tired of that feeling they are being rape by 70% of the other players) I know we dont loss much per PvP lost, but this is still something that new player dont really know or understand and make them quit fast. If at least i could spend all my ship on war mission without loss of AP, that would be a lil better but again, i cant do them alone since cmd is tricky. More CMD = loosing in PvP and Defender stage on pillar. So i need to be reinforced. But this cost so much res to the one reinforcing that you feel cheap to ask for reinforcement when you know he will loose over 100ms to do 4-5 run of war mission.

Other thing that make me very angry is that i spent a lot of money and you do so many patch to lower dmg to pillar that it make me sick. over a month ago i was doing 300k dmg on pillar with a team, then i finally got all my purple and was doing over 400k per raid, i was finally doing good and improving. Then Patch came, 25% less, 20% less, 25% less etc…. etc… so now, im back to 300k event if i had raise my army power, power, tech etc a lot. Usually, in a game, you feel that you are going somewhere, you feel that what you have done is not in vain. You can feel that you are gaining some power. In TW, you dont feel a thing. Each step you take to feel something, a patch came and remove it from you. The more you advance, the more you get downgrade. So why would i put more money in this game if there is a patch to remove all i did pay for. And about non gold player.. i dont event want to think how they must be so fking tired.

After reading all ours comment, i hope you do understand that you need to change lots of thing. Make PvP something less individual and more optional, or make it so ppl dont loose res so they dont feel behing rape. I do receive lots of mail telling me to stop, but i CANT stop. The game is made that i have to get everyone not in my gal an enemy until they understand they have to do that too to get res. Add something that when we login, we dont have to wait 2-3 hours to do something, because now, TW = Sit and Chat forever.

Hope to be heared.

P.S.: PM, be more present. Add your comment more often, show that you guys care to do awesome game. Im sure this will help a lot too and ppl will maybe start thinking something else that a greedy game.

Flag Post

Based on the replies to my response, it sounds more like the problem is that the recent patches failed to address some of the major concerns or didn’t address them completely, rather than that the changes in in the patches were horrible themselves (other than the necessary pillar damage conversion tweaks to slow down pillar death may made some players felt relative weaker).

Below are some of the changes we are considering on for the next couple patches to address some of the common issues in the replies:

• Either increase odds of skill book drops a little or make them purchasable for coupons.
  • Add consolation prices to mall lottery, so the mass majority isn’t all empty boxes.
  • Reinforcement fleets to receive some resources for lost ships.
  • When PvP phase fails, still allow the raid team to attack the pillar boss but have to spend 2 more AP.
  • Add a base per pillar per boss fight coupon reward for players as long as they participated with 10M+ army (regardless of the damage dealt).
  • Increase number of players in Phantom Nebula so players who want to avoid PvP have more choices.

These proposed changes are only tentative, and there may be even more changes as well if they necessary to address common concerns expressed here. However, some of the more drastic ideas proposed will not likely happen soon due to lack of time resources, as the majority of the dev team is still focused on the next expansion (which will replace change the visiting aspect of the game with new play).

Flag Post

•Either increase odds of skill book drops a little or make them purchasable for coupons.
Both a good idea

•Add consolation prices to mall lottery, so the mass majority isn’t all empty boxes.
Nice to have, but the chances to get the actual purple are still very low.

•Reinforcement fleets to receive some resources for lost ships.
Nice that should help a lot of players to do their war missions.

•When PvP phase fails, still allow the raid team to attack the pillar boss but have to spend 2 more AP.
Interesting approach. I am curious how that will work out.

•Add a base per pillar per boss fight coupon reward for players as long as they participated with 10M+ army (regardless of the damage dealt).
Not sure what good that is? Pretty much any serious take should get you to 60 coupons.

•Increase number of players in Phantom Nebula so players who want to avoid PvP have more choices.
Nice to have, but nothing important.

So nr 1 and 4 sound like the will help a lot to solve certain balance problems.
Nr 3 is a good adition too
The rest are nice to haves but dont affect the biggest problems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

Based on the replies to my response, it sounds more like the problem is that the recent patches failed to address some of the major concerns or didn’t address them completely, rather than that the changes in in the patches were horrible themselves (other than the necessary pillar damage conversion tweaks to slow down pillar death may made some players felt relative weaker).

Below are some of the changes we are considering on for the next couple patches to address some of the common issues in the replies:

• Either increase odds of skill book drops a little or make them purchasable for coupons.
  • Add consolation prices to mall lottery, so the mass majority isn’t all empty boxes.
  • Reinforcement fleets to receive some resources for lost ships.
  • When PvP phase fails, still allow the raid team to attack the pillar boss but have to spend 2 more AP.
  • Add a base per pillar per boss fight coupon reward for players as long as they participated with 10M+ army (regardless of the damage dealt).
  • Increase number of players in Phantom Nebula so players who want to avoid PvP have more choices.

These proposed changes are only tentative, and there may be even more changes as well if they necessary to address common concerns expressed here. However, some of the more drastic ideas proposed will not likely happen soon due to lack of time resources, as the majority of the dev team is still focused on the next expansion (which will replace change the visiting aspect of the game with new play).

I agree with chip on most thing but 1 point is missing tho:

Any tought on AP ? cuz we still dont have much to do without it.

2AP to raid = 2 raid per hour …. Sit and chat ?

Flag Post

Can not say I don’t like the see the increase in drop rate for Skill(Magic) Book. However, making it coupons accessible has it up and down.

Up. can’t thinks of some for now.

Down. As evident by the release of Snow Ball gems before and more so with Pillar..It Group player into a Few Galaxy to compete for Coupon. Thus the strong get stronger.. While the Player that faiL to make the cuts struggle to complete.

Thinks carefully before you decide to execute.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neokryton:

Can not say I don’t like the see the increase in drop rate for Skill(Magic) Book. However, making it coupons accessible has it up and down.

Up. can’t thinks of some for now.

Down. As evident by the release of Snow Ball gems before and more so with Pillar..It Group player into a Few Galaxy to compete for Coupon. Thus the strong get stronger.. While the Player that fair to make the cuts struggle to complete.

Thinks carefully before you decide to execute.

Amen. I want to buy some skills for coupons – i have total 6 skills (one form quest) and i play since second week of game. But really this will make gap bigger between top 5-6 galaxies and all the rest.
On the other side – bigger chance to find one in chest will mean less ap for raids, so it will made new players even less active in raids and/or war.
I have no solution for this, just my opinion.

Flag Post

Base coupon rewards not on damage, but on ammount of attacks done by galaxy.

I don’t like this completely. I still think damage dealt should be important just so a gap in strength has some value. Maybe a bonus for hitting a certain number of times would be nice to award active galaxies? Also, encourage pillar raiding as a team would be something nice as I do know certain people solo pillar raid as it’s much faster. A bonus for team raids to each individual would be nice so that team pillar raiding isn’t completely selfless.

The main reason I play this game is the social aspect. Having a nice, active galaxy is probably the only part of the game that really appeals to me personally.

On the list of changes that PM posted. I like the increase of skill books. A consolation prize would definitely be nice and would encourage people to actively open boxes. I’m one of the people who don’t like to go risking money unless there’s a good reason, i.e. odds are in my favor. Reinforcement fleet change would be really nice. Yeah, the PvP change is definitely good idea for weaker galaxies. The coupon base is nice for galaxies that can’t inflict much damage I think, want to see how this goes. Not so sure about how impactful phantom nebula change will be.

Flag Post

My last post was probably a bit harsh towards this game. I just think that it was an interesting concept when I first started playing it, and it hasn’t really evolved much since then. I guess my expectations were just too high. Regarding the ‘new hero tier’ in the expansion, that’s just a strong hunch that I have. No one has confirmed whether there will actually be one, or not. Anyways, I think a lot of players who have spent cash on skills and skill upgrades in this game, are going to be really pissed off if there isn’t going to be an option to transfer their skills, [with their current skills levels], to the new hero. And that includes me. This game will still lack the entertainment factor, unless something new and more exciting to do is added to this game. But a lack of new challenges + a premature introduction of a new hero tier (without the skill transfer option) would definitely lead to many players deciding to quit this game.

If there will be a new hero tier in the next expansion, and skill transfer is out of the question, I suggest to make it so that you can only use one ‘Tier 5’ hero in combat (like how we can only use 1 MF at a time). I still think skill transfer would be the best option, but since that seems to be unavoidable without adding some kind of gold fee, the one hero limit may be more realistic, and it would save a lot of players from having to let go of their hard-earned skill levels and heroes.

Flag Post

AP is one of the problems, and devs decide to charge weaker players more ap to get less than others. Wow, that’s big of you. I’m sorry, but you’re just digging deeper and deeper.

Flag Post

instead of “consolation in lottery” in the mall, why not just be like an actual mall where it’s not about checking 10 seconds after the hour? Let people buy good stuff anytime (also, the prices are ridiculously high in gold, people were laughing when they saw that).

I don’t even bother to check the mall … the game lags enough that the frustration of watching it load to perpetual disappointment is just not worth it.