Forums Time World

20 gold - With what should i use it on?

43 posts

Flag Post

Any ideas?

Flag Post

A magic book and an upgrade book, or a row of inventory. That’s what most useful when you know you won’t have any more gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jumalansa:

A magic book and an upgrade book, or a row of inventory. That’s what most useful when you know you won’t have any more gold.

If you go for a magic and upgrade book, use them for a purple hero (or at least a blue). You’ll regret it later otherwise.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vanguard115:

If you go for a magic and upgrade book, use them for a purple hero (or at least a blue). You’ll regret it later otherwise.

+1

Flag Post

save it and when you get multiple from the purple hero quest or a good attack skill from magic books bought with coupons, use it to buy 2 upgrade books to upgrade said attack skill

Flag Post

+1

Originally posted by Atomslaya:

save it and when you get multiple from the purple hero quest or a good attack skill from magic books bought with coupons, use it to buy 2 upgrade books to upgrade said attack skill

Multiple? that is that?

Some friend tell me that Magic books and Upgrade books i will get it on chests later… so i was thinking in a backpack….

Flag Post
Originally posted by karma0:

+1

Multiple? that is that?

Some friend tell me that Magic books and Upgrade books i will get it on chests later… so i was thinking in a backpack….

now i understand that “multiple”… i have 3 upgrade books already… so…backpack? or what else?

Flag Post

you can buy backpacks with coupons, but upgrade books are only available using gold

Flag Post

you can buy backpacks with coupons, but upgrade books are only available using gold

with coupons you can buy purple equipment….

Flag Post

You should save your free 20 golds & buy upgrade books, & use upgrade books on multiple skill. It isn’t easy to upgrade, Best to risk & reap benefit in the long run.

If you can’t decide yet, I recommend following this advice, play while longer before you use it then.

Its been over 100+ days (I can get a more accurate estimate, but I am lazy) before I touch those 20 free golds. Counter updates, purple combat hero. I been on this game since mid-late December of 2011.

- Long time normal player.

P.S. I did skill & upgrade book before skill coupon mall.
Multiple skill for hero are super rare. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE ANOTHER MULTIPLE SKILL TO UPGRADE YOUR CURRENT ONE. Unless you got multiple skills on 5 combat heroes, then go on ahead and use it to upgrade your current one.

Flag Post

with coupons you can buy purple equipment….

2 chances to upgrade any attack skill beats 1/5th of a demon sword
(upgrade book = 8 gold; backpack = 20 gold) (backpack = 20k coupons; demon sword = 100k coupons)

Flag Post

Save all 20 gold, do the referral quest to get 50 more gold, and unlock 2 extra hero slots.

You can get books from spins, but there’s no other way to get more than 8 heroes.

Flag Post

Upgrade books are also available (although extremely rarely) through visiting (chests).

Flag Post
Originally posted by hatemakingnames:

Save all 20 gold, do the referral quest to get 50 more gold, and unlock 2 extra hero slots.

You can get books from spins, but there’s no other way to get more than 8 heroes.

good thinking, if you’re considering doing the referral quest

Upgrade books are also available (although extremely rarely) through visiting (chests).

Very rarely you can also find purple equipment from chests.

Flag Post

If i had friends i wouldn’t ask for advice on how to use my poor 20 gold…

Flag Post

yes save your gold, but do not buy extra hero slots, you will eventually get 8 thats plenty. if you really want more, get one after you have max friends. i suggest you keep gold until you have purple hero and spend it on skill books and an ugrade book.its the best way to cmpeate ow with all the paying playrs. you need stronger heros not more of them

Flag Post

If you going to do the referral quest, which I would recommend it if you are able to do it. Buying hero slots is good idea since you will need it to be even more competitive with gold users.

I am in G 78, I can be your friend & give advice. I am always in need of potential members for my galaxy. If not interested, I still prefer active people on my list

Flag Post

Originally posted by BrightSky:

If you going to do the referral quest, which I would recommend it if you are able to do it. Buying hero slots is good idea since you will need it to be even more competitive with gold users.

I am in G 78, I can be your friend & give advice. I am always in need of potential members for my galaxy. If not interested, I still prefer active people on my list

Im not able to do it. I have my own galaxy, so no thank you, but thanks for your answer.

Flag Post

No problem, though I thought you asked for friend.

Flag Post

You can refer total strangers to the game. :P …and this should get easier as soon as TW gets its kong badges.

Trust me, you’ll want extra hero slots and I regret not using my gold on them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lokigamer:

yes save your gold, but do not buy extra hero slots, you will eventually get 8 thats plenty. if you really want more, get one after you have max friends. i suggest you keep gold until you have purple hero and spend it on skill books and an ugrade book.its the best way to cmpeate ow with all the paying playrs. you need stronger heros not more of them

what are you talking about, one skill book and one upgrade book are practically useless most of the time
you need to get really really lucky to get an attack skill (combo, crit, triple, multi) and that is the only thing that would make it worthwhile to have spent your gold on it
you’re much more likely to get some other skill that helps a little, but didn’t warrant spending any gold on it

but getting more hero slots, that lasts forever
once you get a 4th planet, 8 heroes just isn’t enough anymore if you want to do everything you should be doing
you need 4 heroes to upgrade buildings, 1 or 2 to research technologies (lab and maybe institute) and you preferably need 4 to rebuild lost ships
that totals to 10 heroes, which just happens to be the original 8 plus the 2 you could buy using 65 gold (20+50 is still 5 to spare after)
even more, in the long run, you’ll get a 5th planet and then a measly 8 heroes definitely doesn’t cut it anymore

Flag Post

what are you talking about, one skill book and one upgrade book are practically useless most of the time
you need to get really really lucky to get an attack skill (combo, crit, triple, multi) and that is the only thing that would make it worthwhile to have spent your gold on it
you’re much more likely to get some other skill that helps a little, but didn’t warrant spending any gold on it

but getting more hero slots, that lasts forever
once you get a 4th planet, 8 heroes just isn’t enough anymore if you want to do everything you should be doing
you need 4 heroes to upgrade buildings, 1 or 2 to research technologies (lab and maybe institute) and you preferably need 4 to rebuild lost ships
that totals to 10 heroes, which just happens to be the original 8 plus the 2 you could buy using 55 gold (20+50 is still 15 to spare after)
even more, in the long run, you’ll get a 5th planet and then a measly 8 heroes definitely doesn’t cut it anymore

My main has 10 hero’s (5 war, 1 tech, 4 builders) and my alts have 8 (5 war, 2 builder 1 tech) and atomslaya speaks truth and has been around for ages.

On my main I can upgrade all 4 planets with each of my 4 builders and I never slow down. I have 1 tech dedicated to my lab which leaves me 5 war hero’s. Thanks to the coupon gear they have a lot of +tech so using 1 of my 5 to upgrade my tech on my institute isn’t very fast but at least I’m not wasting it. That then leaves me with 4 war hero’s that can quickly enough rebuild their own ships. Once I get my 5th planet this strategy is all going to fall apart.

My alts on the other hand only are able to dedicate 2 builders to upgrading and 1 tech to my lab. That means I’m using 2 of my war hero’s to build on my other 2 planets. Since I don’t have any coupon gear on my alts I don’t exactly have all that +tech so dedicating a war hero to my institute takes almost a month at this point so hardly worth it and if I did then I would only have 2 war hero’s capable of rebuilding their own ships.

I’d HIGHLY recommend investing a little coin, referral links or survey time into this game and unlock your hero slots before you do anything, as atomslaya has said

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:
HIGHLY recommend investing a little coin, referral links or survey time into this game and unlock your hero slots before you do anything, as atomslaya has said

agreed, i have 9 hero slots, and i gotta pick and choose what i want built sometimes cuz i dont have an additional builder for the 4th planet. i suppose 8 would be managable, but 9 or 10 would be a big help.

also the idea of getting a skill book and an upgrade book with the 20 gold was considered the best concept a while back, but recently with the addition of the coupon mall and 5th planet, and whatever other updates there have been, if your planning for the long run, then those 2 items wont do much in comparison.

Flag Post

as i said earlier i suggest you save your gold for things you need later. yes cupons wil help alot as well if you manage to get them, and the more gold you get the better, but anyone who is getting their 5th planet around now is either a gold using player who already is investing or a really experienced player in a top galaxy. as this should be the case my comments were directed at new players, Atomslaya , so please do not say i have no idea on the matter. as i never spent gold much i found as long as i was speciallizing my heros i didnt need more than what was given after i maxed friends. also for a new player gold is considerably valuelable unless they plan on buying more i do not suggest pending it on un needed things. skills are a needed part of the game to get any edge but on a green or white they will replace it would be a waste. gold needs to be conserved for the best possible purchases unless you are going to throw cash at the gme. simple concept and did well for alot of people myself included. as for my ealier mention of getting a skill and upgrade book there is little else the innitial money can help with buying, and that is mearly the best you can get with that sum. no it isnt fantastic, but it is needed with all the skilled heros running around.

lastly, please refrain from suggesting anyone does not know what they are taking about as you yourself may not fully grasp what they have said, please be more polite about things in the future.

Flag Post

lastly, please refrain from suggesting anyone does not know what they are taking about as you yourself may not fully grasp what they have said, please be more polite about things in the future.

Hope you aren’t referring to me. I actually went back in and TWICE edited my post to remove anything that might have been thought of as directly insulting =X