Forums Time World

Hard Summoner Mode

15 posts

Flag Post

So I haven’t seen much on the forums regarding how to make this a lot easier so I have decided to share my 2 cents.

TANK STRAT

I know plenty of people heavily value the purple warrior as it’s an incredible unit for hard summoner. This is because of it’s bulky 3/12 stats that are enhanced by Heavy Armor 3 making it completely immune to all green and blue dinosaurs and heavily resistant towards reds. The only easy way for the boss to clear this unit is through skill spam, and even then the purple warrior is still relatively tanky and enhanced by the 25% chance of revival. While 25% isn’t the greatest chance ever, it’s fairly good. Due to all of this being put into one unit, the purple warrior is the ideal tank when dealing with summoner hard mode.

The usage of purple warrior will usually have behind it a strong back line of magic units and physical ranged attackers. You can also have a strong melee unit behind it (preferably a berserker who can grow). Be wary to manipulate the health of the dinos in a way that the berserker will not move past a dino. Upon killing the unit in front of it, both the warrior and berserker are designed to move their maximum range. While this is great for the warrior who we are relying on to soak damage, you have to be more careful with the berserker who is fragile despite 10 health. Resistances are super important for tankiness.

For the above strategy, other tanks can do, but purple warriors are ideal. Alternatives are blue/green/white warrior (they are still the 2nd highest resisting unit). A lesser alternative is the purple knight (termed bully by my galaxy) who is unfortunately hampered by a movement of 1 per turn, but has 2 heavy armor. If you have none of these, you may just stick to guardians.

For the back line, priests and adepts are ideal; priests because they can heal, adepts because direct damage and highest damage.

RUSH STRAT

What I’ve just listed is a fairly generic way, but there is another way that abuses the AI the best.

In my opinion, the rush strategy if executed successfully is the most reliable way to win hard summoner, simply because tank lines getting nuked by the summoner exposes your back ranks and everything can crumble. This is not true about the rush strategy. However, the rush strategy is hampered by the summoner pulling out green heroes. In addition, it is important to note that the two can be fused together, with a tank line used to host healers and adepts and various rush lines that you switch to until you can fill up three spots in front of the raid boss. Once you have achieved those three spots, stack units with jetpacks that will fill the spot and it is a guaranteed victory.

This is because the AI functions in a way that processes skills and units together (forgive me on terminology, I’m a layman in these regards). If the three slots in front of the summoner are filled, even if the boss nukes down one of those spots, it will not place a unit in that spot despite it being empty. This allows you to continually fill up those spots with no risk of a counter attack.

Hellfire is a great skill for forwarding the rush deck as it can pick off a few greens, but if a lane gets flooded by greens, your best bet would be to convert it into a tank line that can soak greens with ease. If there are two greens in front that means your purple warrior is effectively invincible unless skill killed.

The units you will use for a rush lane are the berserker, rogue, fighter and assassin. Always remember you can remove stunned heroes if you’d like damage output faster.

I know this is a large block of text so I will summarize/provide a tl;dr.

TL;DR

Tank strat:
-Purple Warrior + a bunch of ranged units + maybe one strong melee unit preferably growing berserker. Ideal ranged units: Priest, Adept.

Rush strat:
-Boss can’t place down anything when 3 slots in front are filled even if he skill kills. This means you can flood the lane with no problem.

-Use rogues, assassins, fighters, and berserkers because they have high mobility.

-Hold hellfires to get rid of greens if you want, if the lane gets flooded with greens, purple warriors are perfect stopper since no reds will be allowed through.

I’d also like to keep this open for discussion, so I’d like to hear how others do summoner hard with ease, what strategies work, or how I can improve on these strategies.

Flag Post

dont forget seer, higher colored seer(especially purple) works better, most of the time, than guardian/knight of one lower color (i.e. purp seer>blue guard/knight while blue seer>green knight/guardian) and purp seer can also trump the worst warriors.
ofc, being vereen, ppl might turn it into a knight anyway, but personally i feel 2-3 warrior is more than enough in a deck so if you have more vereen then that, consider making some seers. their 2 wait also make it a tad safer in case enemy drops red rush on you

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

dont forget seer, higher colored seer(especially purple) works better, most of the time, than guardian/knight of one lower color (i.e. purp seer>blue guard/knight while blue seer>green knight/guardian) and purp seer can also trump the worst warriors.
ofc, being vereen, ppl might turn it into a knight anyway, but personally i feel 2-3 warrior is more than enough in a deck so if you have more vereen then that, consider making some seers. their 2 wait also make it a tad safer in case enemy drops red rush on you

My only problem with purple seers is they do not move forward post kill as all ranged characters do which effectively prevents you from having a growing berserker behind the line. But I would agree that seers can make great tanks, they just don’t offer as much utility as purple/blue berserkers. Blue berserkers are still OK though taking damage from purple blue dinosaurs can sting for a tank.

Also, with 4 people you honestly shouldn’t need to stack that many warriors at all given how out of line they are in terms of summoners.

Enemy red rushes are unfortunate and are one of the few cases you might consider a restart unless you have a decent hand to respond.

Flag Post

that’s why i only compared seer to knight and guardian mostly. as it happens, guardian is in the exact same shoes as seer, range apart. it doesn’t move after kill, it will attack as soon as in max attack range and not close in, it will also sometimes attack a unit in another lane and not move altogether even if its own lane is clear. For all intend and purposes, it doesn’t provide any better cover than seer for ur zerkers. and knight’s speed… for it to move into a tanking position is just painful XD. seer is by no means a replacement for zerker, it’s more of a replacement for guardian/knight who also have problems fulfilling tank duty.

my personal ideal mix would be warrior, zerker, priest and seer only in about equal amounts between 8 and 14 creatures. if all palyers have that, should be able to slow roll ftw.

Flag Post

that’s why i only compared seer to knight and guardian mostly. as it happens, guardian is in the exact same shoes as seer, range apart. it doesn’t move after kill, it will attack as soon as in max attack range and not close in, it will also sometimes attack a unit in another lane and not move altogether even if its own lane is clear. For all intend and purposes, it doesn’t provide any better cover than seer for ur zerkers. and knight’s speed… for it to move into a tanking position is just painful XD. seer is by no means a replacement for zerker, it’s more of a replacement for guardian/knight who also have problems fulfilling tank duty.

my personal ideal mix would be warrior, zerker, priest and seer only in about equal amounts between 8 and 14 creatures. if all palyers have that, should be able to slow roll ftw.

Sorry, I haven’t had too much experience with guardians so didn’t know that. Yes, knights suffer from way too many problems besides just slow movement. The stun is completely useless against greens with at least protect 3 and these are the only ones that will stay up front for sustained amounts of time.

I think rogues are great too given they can nuke down greens in rush lane, and assassins can fill gaps early by hopping. I also like adepts simply because they kill fast, causing the boss to divert cards reducing strain across all lanes.

Flag Post

i would use adept and rogue in a more rushy deck, but for slowroll i perfer the 4 i listed above.

the guardian thing is due to the vigilance ability, it and paladin battles in the exact same fashion as ranges.

and just on a really somewhat related note, hunter(the one that hit the lowest hp, either hunter or deadeye…) also deviate a little from the “standard”. it will move before attacking if by doing so it can hit a target with lower hp than if it doesn’t move. and on that note, it does count ur main char as a unit, so if ur main char have lower hp left than one of ur hero… it will attack ur main char if possible instead XD. I died to that property twice….

WoH is more complex than what one might see at first glance afterall XD. little kinky hidden properties~

Flag Post

it actually not that kinky anymore, quite boring.

Flag Post

i would use adept and rogue in a more rushy deck, but for slowroll i perfer the 4 i listed above.

the guardian thing is due to the vigilance ability, it and paladin battles in the exact same fashion as ranges.

and just on a really somewhat related note, hunter(the one that hit the lowest hp, either hunter or deadeye…) also deviate a little from the “standard”. it will move before attacking if by doing so it can hit a target with lower hp than if it doesn’t move. and on that note, it does count ur main char as a unit, so if ur main char have lower hp left than one of ur hero… it will attack ur main char if possible instead XD. I died to that property twice….

WoH is more complex than what one might see at first glance afterall XD. little kinky hidden properties~

I’m talking explicitly summoners, I don’t care too much for arena myself.

Flag Post

well, it applies to summoner too, hunter could hit the summoner instead of a green if the summoner have low enough hp.
it just never happened that way because i dont use hunters so i’ve only died to it XD.
it’s the kinks in the char, not the battle type

Flag Post

Hard Summoner is too easy.
We need ultra hard summoner for purple gears :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by undertakeur:

Which uses legendary skillcards unavailable to players?

Legendary Punch – Deal 7 damage and stun heroes for 3 rounds

Flag Post
Originally posted by undertakeur:

If they did make that now then WoH arena would almost be pointless, considering WoH arena gear is just a few notches above Hard summoner.

Flag Post

it’s more than likely that there will be new WoH content coming in the expansion that’s being developed atm
no big addition, but a new WoH raid isn’t much work for instance

also I reckon they’ll be adding more chapters and possible a 6th planet, so harder pirates would be available then too

Flag Post

there are 3 spots on the raid page empty, I want a different kind of raid and not harder summoner. new skills, new units, new tactics~

Flag Post

Hard summoner is all about drawing your walls(ideally purple warriors, but purple knights or other warriors work fine with the right set up) then rushing the 1 not blocked lane.

As long as the team communicates and your team has a sufficent number of blockers and healers, hard is not hard. I have beaten it with a team as low as 7000 power. As long as you have enough mages to pierce the greens, you will eventually chip through his defence with even a maximum free players deck(17 cards)