Forums Time World

Need stronger pillars? page 3

66 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

I’m an adult :P. I have played for 3 months. I have 5 planets, 5 purple fleet heroes and fairly decent skills for a 3 month player who did mostly pvp for 2 of those months. I am new by your standards, but I understand the game as well as one can understand it. I don’t pillar raid because I have done the calculations(mental math, it took like a minute or two) to determine that it is not worth it until I reached a certain threshold. (fun fact, both you and waraxe have passed that threshold :P) I, however, have not. I’m still not strong enough to justify the AP spent on it. I’m very much about optimizing my time in energy based games. Without that energy system I’d be all over pillars.

Won’t respond to the rest of your post since it’s full of made up stuff. Get your facts straight and stop accusing me of things I did not say. I don’t have anything against you(I didn’t even know who you were till this thread), but I am not interested in a flame war. I will go to 4chan or something if I want that.

congrats on having 5 purple hero’s and having played for 3 months. I know 2 members in g8 who haven’t even played that long before joining g8 and they are now VERY powerful, more so than some vets. You say you do mental math and blah blah blah yet you aren’t powerful enough for pillars? Maybe that’s because your mental math is wrong, as has been the majority of what you’ve said.

You wont respond because I’m right unfortunately. Do yourself a favor and until your “mental math” determines you are capable of participating in pillars, keep your uneducated opinions and suggestions to yourself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingred:

I believe only G1 should get coupons. No one else.

Hmm I now support a g8 and g42 pillar ban. ;p

Flag Post

I’m a member of G78 and my first thought after reading through all the posts in this thread is, if you don’t hit pillars, how does this thread even apply to you?

My second thought is, I agree with whoever said that pillars should have more hp or be harder to damage. The speed at which pillars fall is just PAINFUL. It will definitely make pillars at least slightly more spread out. E.g. When pillar crystals first came out, g8 and g1 could keep pillars for up to a week instead of a few days.

Suggestion: Maybe make the pillar crystals heal 5mil like when they first came out instead of 3mil?

Third thought, why should PM make pillars easier for ‘weaker’ players/galaxies? We(G78) work hard hitting pillars. We work really hard to get higher rankings. Getting a higher ranking in pillar(and the coupons from said rank) is a reward for us who strive to improve ourselves so we can contribute more damage to pillar. In terms of individual power, g78 isn’t really strong. On a general basis, we have no one who ranks in the top 50 which is pretty uncommon in top ranking galaxies. The first time we ranked 1st, our highest powered member was at less than 110mil power. So people in galaxies complaining about only galaxies with really strong people getting all the higher ranks clearly don’t know what they are talking about.

G42, G333, G164, the new G13 are (a few of the) fine examples of galaxies who have improved their rankings in the last few months. There are many more who while not gaining coupons have also been improving. So ‘weaker’ galaxies, you have no right to complain. Just try harder.

I’ve previously been in a galaxy which was definitely classified as weak. As in, we had at our peak 5 people with mobile forts. We still managed to claim a pillar every week or two. We managed to rank in the top 7 every few days. So really, those who are complaining about weaker galaxies and pillars get no sympathy from me whatsoever. You are just plainly not trying. No offence intended.

Also, to my knowledge while strength is important it isn’t a large factor in strong galaxies accepting people. They focus more on your potential growth, how active you are, and how well you can mesh with fellow galaxy members etc.

Pillar raiding is fun. It’s a good chance to get to know your fellow galaxy members better, a way to see how strong your galaxy is compared to others, and a way to see how strong YOU are compared to other people in the game. Also, to my knowledge quite a few of the stronger people who have finished the storyline/nearing the end of the storyline continue TW just for pillars. Restricting their pillar hitting ability is like telling them to stop playing.

Being able to make team before pillar opens would be nice. Though maybe just 2-3 min. Any longer isn’t really needed in my opinion.

Restricting pillar times/pillar hitting ability isn’t really needed. Pillars are like wind-up clocks. Eventually they will get later and later. And really, I don’t see why most of you are complaining. I live in a timezone that’s like 11-19 hrs ahead of EVERYONE in Europe/America’s(which is like at least 90% of TW population) and I still manage at least 1 or 2 pillars a day. Games are a business. They cater to the MAJORITY, not the minority.

While raising coupon prize amounts would be NICE it is not needed/important. It is quite reasonable at the moment.

Sorry for the insanely long post.

Flag Post

I don’t know who you are ScaiOnyx, but well said

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:

I don’t know who you are ScaiOnyx, but well said

Wow… is it the end of the world ? cuz i agree with nvillian1 ;)

Hope people will learned from that. ty ScaiOnyx for ur comment.

Flag Post

wow scaionyx, you’ve done well. Your post is good in many points, be it social, understanding the game. You hit the nail on the head. your giving this thread a lil glance. keep going boy, nice to read. U want to marry me? Go home toxy and nvillian, i asked first!!

Flag Post

nice scaionyx very good post :P. and as he said, “weaker” gal just need to try harder. look at the new g13, they got lame ppl and yet they managed to get 6th and 7th a couple times. g607, g802, g9, and new g13 also managed to claim pillars and yet those galaxy r weak.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phamat1223:

nice scaionyx very good post :P. and as he said, “weaker” gal just need to try harder. look at the new g13, they got lame ppl and yet they managed to get 6th and 7th a couple times. g607, g802, g9, and new g13 also managed to claim pillars and yet those galaxy r weak.

If claiming a pillar is a big achievement for you then I hate to burst your bubble, but, it’s not hard. G11 would claim by only doing 7th many times

Flag Post

If claiming a pillar is a big achievement for you then I hate to burst your bubble, but, it’s not hard. G11 would claim by only doing 7th many times

i know its not hard :P, but its a start. if u cant get a place then just go for the claim. besides, shouldnt be hard to get a place once in awhile. seeing some low dmg for 7th place lately.

edit: also, claiming a pillar will help alot if some ppl reading this dont know. 50% collect and 10% bonus in various thing is very helpful.

Flag Post

i know its not hard :P, but its a start. if u cant get a place then just go for the claim. besides, shouldnt be hard to get a place once in awhile. seeing some low dmg for 7th place lately.

edit: also, claiming a pillar will help alot if some ppl reading this dont know. 50% collect and 10% bonus in various thing is very helpful.

The 10% bonus is ehh. If you are considered ‘weak’ then the 10% isn’t going to help you too much. The additional 20% bonus from having a pillar, 30% to 50%, is again ehh. You’ve get A LOT more resources from pvp if you were strong enough to win. Bottom line is having a pillar means very little and it wont help tip the scales in anyone’s favor if you don’t have the strength enough to not be farmed to death

Flag Post

The 10% bonus is ehh. If you are considered ‘weak’ then the 10% isn’t going to help you too much. The additional 20% bonus from having a pillar, 30% to 50%, is again ehh. You’ve get A LOT more resources from pvp if you were strong enough to win. Bottom line is having a pillar means very little and it wont help tip the scales in anyone’s favor if you don’t have the strength enough to not be farmed to death

well nitemare can really change the tide of a battle when 2 players have same speed (mostly applies to highest lvs where 1 round of potential skills matter a lot, or lower lvs that don’t have mf). In addition, in close battles, rex and ozzy can make a difference. In addition, otis helps a lot on pillars or chapter11, and alston is great for pissing ppl off (especially if ur name is maksimas…..)
but yeah for most ppl, especially weak ppl, 10% bonus isn’t gonna help much

Flag Post
Originally posted by abz329:

well nitemare can really change the tide of a battle when 2 players have same speed (mostly applies to highest lvs where 1 round of potential skills matter a lot, or lower lvs that don’t have mf). In addition, in close battles, rex and ozzy can make a difference. In addition, otis helps a lot on pillars or chapter11, and alston is great for pissing ppl off (especially if ur name is maksimas…..)

shhhhh!!, u guys ruining it. trying to get weak gals to get pillars so i can easily demolish their pillar ;P

Flag Post

shhhhh!!, u guys ruining it. trying to get weak gals to get pillars so i can easily demolish their pillar ;P

Oh look phamat finally wins his pull!!! ;)

Flag Post

Yea, that’s EXACTLY what I just said, thanks for clarifying because I see how “If you are considered ‘weak’ then the 10% isn’t going to help you too much.” could have been confusing and how “but yeah for most ppl, especially weak ppl, 10% bonus isn’t gonna help much” is so much more clearer

Flag Post

just saying the potential difference pillars can make cuz u make it sound like the bonus is completely negligible

The 10% bonus is ehh.

Flag Post

just saying the potential difference pillars can make cuz u make it sound like the bonus is completely negligible

Well this is really off topic now but, it is. 10% will not help you defeat anyone who continues to destroy you because they are more powerful. 10% will probably only help you win in fights that are close or fights where sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.