Forums Time World

Need stronger pillars?

66 posts

Flag Post

Seems like most pillars typically all die in less than a minute now and our teams are only using only a fraction of our AP…maybe it’s time for another buff?

Like maybe start at 100m, and heal up to 150m?

Or maybe just keep it like it is but buff healing a bit..
0-40m = 2hp to 1 ore (currently 0-20)
40-80m = 1.5hp to 1 ore (currently 20-40)
80-100m = 1hp to 1 ore (currently 40+)

It will only get worse after the new expansion, with higher level heroes/techs/etc…soon we’ll be lucky to get 3 rounds in before a pillar dies :P

Flag Post

I made a similar suggestion in the suggestion thread a week or 2 ago. To increase, pillar max and starting hp, but either PM doesn’t read it anymore or he didn’t think that pillars falling this fast again was an issue.

Personally I don’t really mind pillars falling fast, means there’s lots of AP left to PvP for those damn expensive lvl 28-30 buildings :p

Flag Post

PM is probably busy with the expansion atm…but like I said, the expansion is part of the reason why we’ll probably need a change. :P

Flag Post

I’m for making pillars a little tougher – lot of power out there these days – also would be sweet if we could make the raid party 10mins prior to the pillar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

I’m for making pillars a little tougher – lot of power out there these days – also would be sweet if we could make the raid party 10mins prior to the pillar.

I agree with the pre-raid party formation idea!

Flag Post

I agree only if they make it buffer…or else that will speed it up even more LOL

Flag Post

they should make more pillars ;P, 7 pillars isnt enough for the new galaxies and stuff. pillars also tend to crowd against with each otehr so tehn other ppl cant do pillars when they r busy irl. bit unfair :x

Flag Post

Stronger pillars would be less likely to crowd I think.. as it is we just handled like 4 pillars in a row and I still have some AP/ships left.

If everyone ran out of ship/AP, then the last pillar or two would hold until later in the day and the crowd would break.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hatemakingnames:

Stronger pillars would be less likely to crowd I think.. as it is we just handled like 4 pillars in a row and I still have some AP/ships left.

If everyone ran out of ship/AP, then the last pillar or two would hold until later in the day and the crowd would break.

true, but i still like having the pillars falling faster. gives us more coupons in short amount of time. if they add more pillars then we can get more coupons. then again, that would make it getting coupons to easy.

Flag Post

I don’t know if you remember, but the coupon prices were raised once because the devs felt people were getting too much coupons too fast.

So I wouldn’t count on there coming more pillars without either reduced rewards / pillar or a new increase in coupon prices.

Flag Post

stronger pillars would not mean they would fall much slower only that galaxies would have to spend more ap to down them. It may be deliberate by the devs that they have not strengthened pillars to give people time to build up resources for next expansion (by having more ap available to do PVP, or I may be reading more into it than is actually happening)

Flag Post

We don’t need stronger. We just need them at times that are spread out and times that vary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordShoe:

We don’t need stronger. We just need them at times that are spread out and times that vary.

pillars dying in 3 to 5 attacks and you don’t think they need to be stronger? This time will decrease as players increase in both strength and number. Pillar health being a constant while players numbers and power is steadily increasing. Event will most likely unlock some new/power items, if not new then new to some people that couldn’t get them last time. This will increase player strength yet again. The expansion should take priority here but anyone that thinks pillars don’t need to be adjusted is a fool.

Flag Post

It’s stalliga here. I personally think that pillars would be much fairer if they were power based. So like pvp players can only attack pillars in there range. Atm the strong galaxy’s are the only ones who truly benefit from pillars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stalliga888:

It’s stalliga here. I personally think that pillars would be much fairer if they were power based. So like pvp players can only attack pillars in there range. Atm the strong galaxy’s are the only ones who truly benefit from pillars.

Then they should get stronger. Why should weaker galaxies benefit equally? What you just said makes no sense.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:

pillars dying in 3 to 5 attacks and you don’t think they need to be stronger? This time will decrease as players increase in both strength and number. Pillar health being a constant while players numbers and power is steadily increasing. Event will most likely unlock some new/power items, if not new then new to some people that couldn’t get them last time. This will increase player strength yet again. The expansion should take priority here but anyone that thinks pillars don’t need to be adjusted is a fool.

Insults and anger have no place in casual debate.

How about a combination of the 2?
Maybe give some WAY stronger pillars, some passive coupon gain, and more payout?
I’m sure PM is addressing all of this in the upcoming expansion. A quick-fix situation might break things more than fix its. We’ve seen it happen before.

Flag Post

Insults and anger have no place in casual debate.

coming from you, I chuckled a little bit

Flag Post

Plus there is some level of passive coupon gain at the moment, albeit not significant. Perhaps one based off the galaxy’s position in terms of strength (modified by some equation to account for daily shifts) and the wonder a galaxy holds?

I still think pillar strength should be buffed up a bit but also increase coupon gain (from both hitting and placing to encourage lower galaxies to hit). It’s not that lower galaxies will be placing higher on pillars but pillars will last decently.

I think the argument that they need to be spread out is faulty because there’s absolutely no fatigue or change other than time zones which has the potential to make pillars go down faster. As it stands, despite the fact that pillars are clustered, they are still going down in a few minutes, the argument they are clustered is more in support of the fact pillars are weak enough that doing huge hits does not cause big galaxies to fatigue (see the fact the same galaxies are crushing others in damage).

Flag Post

Just buff the hitpoints of the pillar to a absurd amount and make it where the pillars can not be repaired while they are hittable. 1 billion or even 500 million would allow for more hints, so more passive gain. It would allow for more time of competition of pillar scores. It would also make it less likely someone can manage to nab pillar with last hit. On top of that it would force galaxy to make a choice of stop hitting pillar in favor of being able to hit another for chance of placing. In such, it gives other less qualify galaxy a chance to place in other pillars as well.

Flag Post

Perhaps there should be something in the expansion which offers a greater reward than taking part in the pillar raids. Something to draw most of the Action Points from hard hitters away from the pillars and into something like, say, a global raid similar to Dream World’s “Alien Invasion”.

Flag Post

We just had a pillar go down in 40 seconds, I don’t see how time spread is relevant when everyone just throws in 10 AP, it doesn’t matter if they all stack up in the same time.

Flag Post

Top Galaxies are well organized… thats what happens. If 50 people are hitting same pillar… then no wonder it will fall in 40s, with most folks loosing 10 ap or so….

with new expansion strong people will get stronger… so even if you make pillars stronger.. it wont change a thing(nit much anyway, except increase spread between weak and strong.. gold and not.. etc.)

Maybe make pillars become open no earlier than 3 hours before last pillar became available to attack? It at least would stop 50-60 strongest people attacking 3-5 pillars in a row at the same time.

With 7 pillars… that would spread pillars nicely over 21-24hours. I think not only less people would be attacking same 3-4 pillars in a row… but also more people would have a chance to attack them(people who work, or different time zones)

Flag Post

perfect answer silencio

Flag Post

very smart answer Silent i think it is rly nice idea :) 7 pilars x 3 hours = 21 hours

It would be good solution

Flag Post

Give pillars significantly more HP.

/thread