Forums Time World

hit protection

34 posts

Flag Post

Do we really need it? Do we really want it?

I guess no….

Flag Post

Some people need it to stop annoying farms for them you just want players to get farmed for dozens os times a day.
Just because some people are strong doesnt mean we don’t need it. Luckly i dont get hit protection often but it shield you off pvp attacks.
I say -1 to this suggestion

Flag Post

Hit protection is 100% necessary.

Without it, one mass of people could just destroy all of a persons ships in 1 go. This would extremely discourage people since they can effectively be bullied to the point that they cannot even play the game. Don’t even say “get stronger” because people can easily just hit at the bottom of their range.

So yes, we do need it. It is an absolutely essential part of the game. To remove it would be the beginning of the end for this game.

Flag Post

if you aren’t the one getting farmed, then hit protection is useless yes
“unfortunately” there are plenty of people that do get farmed and actually need this or they wouldn’t ever have any ships to do stuff themselves
also, you don’t really lose that many resources when you lose on defense, but if you’re getting hit more than 10 times a day, that would total to a significant amount

Flag Post

Lethality rate when being farmed is extremely low. Res loss when being farmed is extremely low. If you get farmed much, it usually means you have way too much command and not enough war.

But aside from pointing out the flaws in the arguments posted…I don’t think there really needs to be a change to hit protection. :P

Flag Post

Make Nebula 1 AP Cost and everyone will be happy!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by hatemakingnames:

Lethality rate when being farmed is extremely low. Res loss when being farmed is extremely low. If you get farmed much, it usually means you have way too much command and not enough war.

But aside from pointing out the flaws in the arguments posted…I don’t think there really needs to be a change to hit protection. :P

It depends whether this change would affect the way people view PvP as actual crippling can happen with enough rotations. 3 attacks per person (assuming that cap stays in play) overnight can be dangerous if you anger a bunch of people stronger than you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotoxy:

This would negate pvp you dinosaur! YOU KNOW THIS!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingred:
Originally posted by gotoxy:

This would negate pvp you dinosaur! YOU KNOW THIS!

give it one third of the res

sorted

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Hit protection is 100% necessary.

Without it, one mass of people could just destroy all of a persons ships in 1 go. This would extremely discourage people since they can effectively be bullied to the point that they cannot even play the game. Don’t even say “get stronger” because people can easily just hit at the bottom of their range.

So yes, we do need it. It is an absolutely essential part of the game. To remove it would be the beginning of the end for this game.

The increase in lethality defense while defending makes what you just said impossible for anyone using MS with lethality defense tech. Fighters on the other hand are a different story.

Even though I feel the need for protection is needed for weaker players, your reasoning, as is the case on a lot of what you say, is just wrong. Had you said teaming up and constantly stealing that persons resources, ok, that would have been an acceptable answer. Even destroying someones ships is the least of their worries since they receive 100% of the resources back for them.

Do you even play the same game?

Flag Post

Better thing to do would just be to even further narrow down the gap between players attacking other players within their range. EG- Either narrow it from 20m power range to 10m or/ narrow it by chapter lvl – players on chapter 11 can only attack players on chapter 11, ch 9 / ch 9.

Flag Post

the gap isn’t a fixed number, it’s 125%-80% of your own power or something like that

chapter number should have nothing to do with who you can and cannot attack

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

the gap isn’t a fixed number, it’s 125%-80% of your own power or something like that

chapter number should have nothing to do with who you can and cannot attack

85%-120%

Flag Post

Ignore the posts claiming ship loss and resource loss in losing are negligible — they are not well informed.

1) Bio-weapons and lethality can easily halve the ship count of a defender without lethality defense. If the player is newer and in the process of buffing CMD for chapter completion, this will certainly be an issue.
2) Resource losses are negligible only BECAUSE people are getting hit only 10ish times a day. Multiply those losses tenfold or more for the true farm players and an impact will be noticed.

The original post, which doesn’t detail any particular reasoning for the suggested removal of hit protection, is quite poor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WhatAStoryMark:

Ignore the posts claiming ship loss and resource loss in losing are negligible — they are not well informed.

1) Bio-weapons and lethality can easily halve the ship count of a defender without lethality defense. If the player is newer and in the process of buffing CMD for chapter completion, this will certainly be an issue.
2) Resource losses are negligible only BECAUSE people are getting hit only 10ish times a day. Multiply those losses tenfold or more for the true farm players and an impact will be noticed.

The original post, which doesn’t detail any particular reasoning for the suggested removal of hit protection, is quite poor.

So when you get attacked and lose resources, you actually lose resources and you will notice the impact? Thank you captain obvious!

How long have you been playing that makes you so well informed on anything? Just curious, it doesn’t honestly matter.

1) DUH! But you get those resources back so the only thing you are out is time. You could easily just rebuild those ships. You might lose more ships but the net effect is still ZERO with the only difference being time to rebuild increasing with amount of ships lost.

2) Yea, but unless you are carefully neglecting my next point in an effort to make what you say SEEM to have any value,,, then it doesn’t. When you get attacked and lose you lose maybe 10k ore but your attacker gets like 60k ore. WHERE DID ALL THIS EXTRA ORE COME FROM?!?!?! It’s how the game is setup. You magically create more resources as the winning attacker than your losing opponent lost. Lose 10k ore 10x for 100k ore. Win 2 pvp’s and you just got 120k ore. Of course those numbers are rough but NOT BY MUCH. Also, you earn resources overtime which more than make up for anything you’ve lost in the course of a day.

SOOOOOOO as to who in this thread is “not well informed” I would have to say you and bobby

Flag Post

Sorry nvillian, I tuned out as soon as I realized you were being condescending and disrespectful. If you want to rephrase your argument in a tactful and polite way, we might read it.

Flag Post

I will do it for him
1)You get those resources back so you only lose build time.
2)You lose 10k res on defense, u can get 5x that with 1 offense, so the res u lost is really easily made back.

my own points- you can’t actually halve the ship count (unless ur name is maksimas). Anyways, most ppl at high powers will have reserves, so a small ship loss won’t even b close to half or affect anything.
A person will b in protect before he gets hit 100times.

So both your points r invalid

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

Sorry nvillian, I tuned out as soon as I realized you were being condescending and disrespectful. If you want to rephrase your argument in a tactful and polite way, we might read it.

It’s kinda his thing. It’s best to just disregard anything he says unless you enjoy fighting with trolls.

(just to not double post)

You could increase the amount of hits it takes to go into protection(maybe to 15 or 20) but a limit is necessary. A player should not login to the game in the morning only to find out that they are completely unable to attack because their full army+ reserves has been completely eliminated.

This whole thread is completely moot anyway because I know PM is not stupid enough to remove hit protection.

Flag Post

To get into Hit Protection it takes your Chapter+2(From Ultimate Question and Answer Guide(Tho think the changed it to 4)). So depending on your Chapter the number does increase for how long it takes, And with new patch coming out with Chapters it’ll take even longer for those on Chapters past 11. Which makes sense.

Flag Post

Hit protection was introduced at the request of the playerbase during the test server.
Way back then, there was no reduced lethality for the defender, you lost tons more resources, ….

Things have changed by now, but I still don’t see how removing hit protection would do the majority of the players any good. Only the hardcore PvPer will have much trouble finding enough targets to hit at hostile/war relation.
People need to remember that the lethality decrease for instance was introduced after hit protection just because quite a few people were still losing so many ships they didn’t have many left to do their own thing. So indeed, the devs aren’t gonna remove hit protection any time soon, if ever.

Flag Post

I am rarely in hit protection yet i believe if hit protection was removed this game would go down hill. Many players would be attacked constantly and would never have enough resources or ships to ever become stronger. There would be large amounts of people that would quit the game and i think it would be ruined. :)

Flag Post

i dont have lethal atk but when i atk some ppl they tend to lose alot of ships :P. and when a person with lethal atks me, i lose about 30ms each atk (like kye). thats 1/10 of my reserve. switched to lethal def alrdy but there r those who doesnt want lethal def.

Flag Post
Originally posted by phamat1223:

i dont have lethal atk but when i atk some ppl they tend to lose alot of ships :P. and when a person with lethal atks me, i lose about 30ms each atk (like kye). thats 1/10 of my reserve. switched to lethal def alrdy but there r those who doesnt want lethal def.

once you get an MF then this will never be the case, on either side.

Flag Post

actually… i hit him once and he lost 22 ships (and he does have mf), and i use carrots+lethality. if someone used bio+lethality on him, maybe with lethality skill, 30 seems really possible.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:
Originally posted by phamat1223:

once you get an MF then this will never be the case, on either side.

um actually…its with mf lol. he demolished them with his multis. killed 4 of my heros in one shot and elft mf alone