Forums Time World

Arena Foreboding problem

52 posts

Flag Post

Anyone noticed that there’s often the people who already have the epic for the items still competing for the top item they have? Or better yet people who already have all the epic items from arena already. It truely does make no sense to even try too hard with people like that with the way the arena works right now.

And newer people do not really have much of a reason to compete at all seeing how the epic gem or green gear is all they really have a chance for. Leaving an easy way to get epic gems for an eventual overabundance and no rare gems for blue skills to make much use of these epic gems.

I propose a change should be made to arenas, one that would give the people who have all the gear a reason to compete and those without it a reason to try. I honestly think that arena should rewards points equal to your score in something call arena points and that placing in the top 100 should give coupons. These points gained from arena could be use to get more coupons or purchase the gear and gems.

Sure, this might make the green and blue gear seem obsolete. But if you put the epic at a greatly heighten price and require some epic gems, there will be people out there that will get the green and blue gear (which should require rare gems) to heighten their chances of being able to get more points per week.

Flag Post

We are working on an extraction feature for Avatar gears into skill card crystals for the next update. The tentative breakdown will be something like below:

Arena Purple Gear: 2x Purple Crystal
Arena Blue Gear: 1x Purple 1x Blue Crystal
Arena Green Gear: 1x Purple Crystal
Other Purple: 1x Purple Crystal
Other Blue: 1x Blue Crystal
Other Green: 1x Green Crystal
Other White: 1x Yellow Crystal

Flag Post

atm I’d rather have green crystals than blues/purples nearly all the time…any chance it can also do this? :)

(using gold values)
2x Purple crystal: 5x blue crystal
1x Blue crystal: 10x green crystal
1x Green crystal: 2x yellow crystal

It could go the reverse way too but all I’d use that for is yellows into greens…I never have enough greens :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

We are working on an extraction feature for Avatar gears into skill card crystals for the next update. The tentative breakdown will be something like below:

Does anyone else think that this feels like a step in the wrong direction, as it increases the motivation for people who already have the gear to keep competing and keeping other players from it?

Flag Post

And there is a problem in many people competing? This update is meant to keep WoH tournaments interesting for everyone, people with the gear and without.
Besides I very much doubt anyone would try getting first place to get a piece of purple equipment just so they can sell it for 2 purple crystals. They’re much more likely to try and aim for the spots giving 1 purple crystal as a reward if they’d still be in need of those. Will take far less than half the AP to do that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

Besides I very much doubt anyone would try getting first place to get a piece of purple equipment just so they can sell it for 2 purple crystals. They’re much more likely to try and aim for the spots giving 1 purple crystal as a reward if they’d still be in need of those. Will take far less than half the AP to do that.

There’s people who already have the epic equips that are competing for it anyways, with no incentive to do it yet other than to deny people who don’t have it yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KyvarDestu:

There’s people who already have the epic equips that are competing for it anyways, with no incentive to do it yet other than to deny people who don’t have it yet.

Yeah, and this makes it even less likely that they’ll get bored of that. :-/

Flag Post

boo hoo

The woh prizes stink. Call me up when they have 10% ship attack bonus. :P

Flag Post

Who says they’re just trying to deny you the loot? What if the WoH tournament is the only part of the game they actually like and thus it’s the only part they play? If they spend all their AP on it, of course they’re bound to be competing for the top spot.
Besides, only the first spot in the 1v1 tournament gives a purple piece of equipment, which is changed every tournament, so you would need to place first 4 times in a row to get all the pieces of that purple set. This leads to a whole month of WoH tournaments for just 1 person to get the complete set. If there are a few out there than yes it’ll take a while for all of them to actually get the complete set. Are you even sure that all those people you claim have the complete set, actually do have the complete set? Or are you just assuming the worst because they’re preventing you from getting it?
On top of that, the bonuses the WoH sets give are all WoH related, even the set bonus, so only people actually interested in a WoH only set will be actively trying to get the set. Which even further supports my theory that they merely spends (almost) all of their AP on WoH.

So why assume people are just out to annoy you?

Flag Post

So why assume people are just out to annoy you?

because it’s easier to blame others for your own misfortune or lack of ability than it is to admit it.

Flag Post

Are you even sure that all those people you claim have the complete set, actually do have the complete set?

Having played against them and seen the all-purple gear, yes, I can confirm this.

And I’m not trying to whine “they already have the gear, they shouldn’t be allowed to play to deny us”, just lamenting that those of us without the ability to spend 500+ AP in the Arena every week will need a significant stroke of luck in order to have a chance at the gear that we need to compete with the people who are keeping us from getting the gear. It’s cool if that’s all they enjoy about the game, it’s most of what I enjoy about it too. But it’s still frustrating and I’m still going to lament that.

Anticipating someone’s “just get better so you can beat them” response, I can’t afford to pay for enough hero slots/hero cards to have a deck that can readily compete with the likes of Askuriel or undertakeur or joker75ita. Sure I guess that’s my problem and this is a pay-to-win game, so I’m not trying to argue that they shouldn’t be better, but just “learning to play” isn’t going to help me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

Are you even sure that all those people you claim have the complete set, actually do have the complete set?

Having played against them and seen the all-purple gear, yes, I can confirm this.

Confirmed as well

Flag Post
Originally posted by afklol:

Confirmed as well

Seems like Atomslaya hasn’t done his research or doesn’t compete in arena much. And you get the idea that I’m annoyed by this when I’m not. Even if they are getting enjoyment out of competing in arena, it is still denying gear to others. I’m suggesting a system that would allow them to compete without being able to deny people gear, simply prolong the obtaining of it. Also my suggestion also gives them something to compete for, coupons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

Does anyone else think that this feels like a step in the wrong direction, as it increases the motivation for people who already have the gear to keep competing and keeping other players from it?

Agreed. It fixes nothing. It does nothing to discourage it nor does it do anything to give other people a chance at it other than the people who already have a chance at it. The point system I propose works better. Much better in the fact it denies no one gear and gives people an alternate means of coupons. Could go something like this.
6-100th place: 1000 coupons.

Arena points Store ((Arena points is the points your earn at end of tournaments and can be earned via 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3))

Purple epic arena gear: 6000 arena points + 5 purple gems
Blue Rare arena gear: 3000 arena points + 5 blue gems
Green Arena gear: 1500 arena points (No green gems. Would be kind of redundant))
Purple epic gem: 3000 arena points
Blue rare gem: 2000 arena points
Coupons 500: 1000 arena points

This is just simply an example. It doesn’t deny anyone from the gear. Would make it difficult to obtain gear but managable for anyone who is willing to take the time to get it and would give 2v2 and 3v3 more of a reason to compete in. A lot of people don’t compete in those because they see it as redundant and don’t care for the blue gear that much. However everyone want a shot at coupons and that would encourage competition in the other two arenas.

Playmage. Please think over this breakdown feature. It isn’t going to fix the problem at all. Just encourage it which will further discourage people to even try this new feature you have added to Time World.

Flag Post

This week… no one played the 3vs3 WoH Arena !!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lifia:

This week… no one played the 3vs3 WoH Arena !!!

I quote this post 24 hours before this week tournament close. No matches in 3v3 and only evidence of 2 set of matches in 2v2. Current system is not encouraging players to compete. It needs to change.

Flag Post

12 Nov 2012.
2 fights in 2v2
0 fights in 3v3

Top 5 in 1v1
1st Undertakeur 1289 score 60 wins 100% win%
2nd Kye 1254 score 60 wins 85.7% win%
3rd BrainCrush 1245 score 64 wins 84.2% win%
4th Askuriel 1243 score 45 wins 97.8% win%
5th AngelWing 1237 score 78 wins 85.7% win%

How are people to get blue gear with people like this competing? How are people to even hope to get epics without spending a large amount of AP? They can’t, not very easily. A new system would actually increase activities not only for 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3s…. but it would give everyone an eventual chance to get top end gear.

Flag Post

12 Nov 2012.
2 fights in 2v2
0 fights in 3v3

Top 5 in 1v1

How are people to get blue gear with people like this competing? How are people to even hope to get epics without spending a large amount of AP? They can’t, not very easily. A new system would actually increase activities not only for 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3s…. but it would give everyone an eventual chance to get top end gear.

You just sound like another cry baby bitching about how things should be easier for them because they want something they obviously aren’t capable of getting any other way than complaining.

SHUT UP

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:

12 Nov 2012.
2 fights in 2v2
0 fights in 3v3

Top 5 in 1v1

You just sound like another cry baby bitching about how things should be easier for them because they want something they obviously aren’t capable of getting any other way than complaining.

SHUT UP

Here’s what’s funny. My IGN is Kye. I am capable of getting into top 5. What I’m stating is something that someone else hasn’t. Someone who is perfectly capable of getting into the top given enough matches and time is pointing out how the system is broken.
You very rarely contribute anything constructive or helpful in any forums, just simply try to take jabs at people for your kicks and satisfaction. You sir are but one thing. A troll. Unless you have something useful to say, then I advise you to take your own advice: SHUT UP

Flag Post

12 Nov 2012.
2 fights in 2v2
0 fights in 3v3

Top 5 in 1v1

SHUT UP

Here’s what’s funny. My IGN is Kye. I am capable of getting into top 5. What I’m stating is something that someone else hasn’t. Someone who is perfectly capable of getting into the top given enough matches and time is pointing out how the system is broken.
You very rarely contribute anything constructive or helpful in any forums, just simply try to take jabs at people for your kicks and satisfaction. You sir are but one thing. A troll. Unless you have something useful to say, then I advise you to take your own advice: SHUT UP

So you are saying that you are “capable” of doing something but you aren’t/haven’t, YET you still think you have the right to complaining about it? And I’m the one that needs to shut up? If it’s not a problem for you then why are you complaining about it in the first place?

Everything I say has been constructive but I’m not sugar coating it to be nice to peoples feelings while they are having temper tantrums or, in cases like you and bobby’s, complaining about making it easier for things that they either don’t deserve the rewards for or are “capable” of obtaining for themselves but for whatever reason aren’t.

Anyone that indulges you in your temper tantrum foot stomping is just an enabler. Your argument is no different than the ones about how gold buyers are stronger than non-gold buyers and the end result of all of those has been the exact same:

SHUT UP

Flag Post

12 Nov 2012.
2 fights in 2v2
0 fights in 3v3

Top 5 in 1v1

SHUT UP

So you are saying that you are “capable” of doing something but you aren’t/haven’t, YET you still think you have the right to complaining about it? And I’m the one that needs to shut up? If it’s not a problem for you then why are you complaining about it in the first place?

Everything I say has been constructive but I’m not sugar coating it to be nice to peoples feelings while they are having temper tantrums or, in cases like you and bobby’s, complaining about making it easier for things that they either don’t deserve the rewards for or are “capable” of obtaining for themselves but for whatever reason aren’t.

Anyone that indulges you in your temper tantrum foot stomping is just an enabler. Your argument is no different than the ones about how gold buyers are stronger than non-gold buyers and the end result of all of those has been the exact same:

SHUT UP

Don’t see my name in the top 5 there? I have made it there. Hell, not just top 5 but in 2nd place, tailing behind 1st by 35 points. So yes, capable. And your statement: If it’s not a problem for me, should I disregard an obvious flaw in the system? Right now we have at least 3 people in full gear competing and at least 2 if not all 3 making it into the top 5 with rarely any deviation from those 3 being in first. Now what going to happen when there’s more? Another 6 or 7 amongst them competing? It will drive away potential competition. It will get to the point where only a small group will even bother going beyond the qualification matches. Such is already beginning to show cause the initial prizes aren’t truely appealing to the mass that plays time world.
And while I may agree you might not be sugar coating anything, for I will admit I do get fustrated with a loss when attempting to stay in the top 5 and slowly inch my way to the top… I can only imagine the fustration of the person that I go up against 3 times in a row just to make up for a 16 point lost, more so since that same person I probably fought over 80% of my matches against with him only winning one of his matches against me. The sad thing is this person is normally one who is quite close to the top 5 himself and probably would be in the top five if the competition pool was always so small.
I will disagree greatly on how you feel you are being constructive. You aren’t adding anything productive to the conversation. You certainly are not adding anything of productive value to your argument. And you state how I’m complaining how it should be easier when clearly I’m stating given others a chance. The system stated above would work better if the decompose option was not there. And even then it was simply an example. A better way to probably have done it would be instead of the gems along with the arena point, use the previous tier plus arena points to progress. It isn’t making it easier. It is simply making it feasible where others beyond a small niche can eventually obtain the gear. Depending on how well one can do in arena will determine how long it is before they eventually obtain the top gear. Such a system would also allow the option of better gear to be set into place above the current epics. After all, when new WoH content comes out, what good would that gear be when future pve gear may outpace the WoH bonuses of a set specifically set for WoH.
You might not quite understand how different this rant is from complaints of how much stronger gold buyers are than non-gold buyer players. Gold buyers are just simply what non-gold buying players can eventually be given a long enough time. There’s no real way a gold buyer or even a group of them can prevent a non-gold buyer to eventually catch up. All a good buyer is is a player that expeditated his game strength and progress through use of gold. Whatever their reasons, they chose to spend money to increase their strength much faster than that of a normal player. With WoH arena, the top players in arena (Not even gold buyers some of them) can lock out the rest of the player group from the top gear. With the current system, I’m doubtful that more then 6 or 7 people will eventually obtain full epic WoH pvp gear. After that, I’ll be surprised to see anyone even obtain the rare WoH pvp gear dued to the fact this small group might continue to compete and will tie up several of the 2nd to 5th place slots. With the current amount of activities in 2v2 and 3v3, I’m doubtful that will be a viable option in obtaining rare WoH pvp gear for arena.
You call this a temper tantrum foot stomping. You consider yourself a constructive rough tongue truth slinger. You’re nothing more than a wannabe critic who can’t even put together an valid argument of the issue at hand of an intellectual debate on a perfectly possible problem. What use is a new feature like arena if a large majority of it will not even see any activity?

Flag Post

tl;dr

it’s called a ‘paragraph’. Google and practice it

Flag Post

It is about time nvillian gets banned from forums – he never helps anyone – just insults them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

It is about time nvillian gets banned from forums – he never helps anyone – just insults them.

I love you too claytonde

Also, since you said “never” allow me to provide just 1 example that discredits your whole comment:

Flag Post

I missed you too nvillian.