Forums Time World

Arena Discussion Thread (locked)

21 posts

Flag Post

Attempting to make an official arena discussion thread. Talk about all things World of Heroes/arena.

Arena Deck discussion thread http://www.kongregate.com/forums/111-time-world/topics/301547-arena-decks

Arena 1v1 ranking records http://www.kongregate.com/forums/111-time-world/topics/312719-1v1-tournament-records

If you want to complain about how unfair arena is, take the bickering to this thread. My argument is finished with Nvil since I no longer care enough to substain it: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/111-time-world/topics/307422-arena-foreboding-problem?page=1

Flag Post

Well, looks like Nvil either being counterproductive or actually want to help list rankings in the future. Doubtful of the latter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KyvarDestu:

Well, looks like Nvil either being counterproductive or actually want to help list rankings in the future. Doubtful of the latter.

Have a little faith! Don’t be such a pessimist =(

Flag Post
Originally posted by nvillian1:

“Faith” as an unproven certainty of an outcome, is the right word; there’s very little precedent to support you being constructive, so logic would indicate otherwise. Only faith would account for any kind of hope that you’d be trying to do the right thing in a non-inflammatory manner.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Afakaz:

“Faith” as an unproven certainty of an outcome, is the right word; there’s very little precedent to support you being constructive, so logic would indicate otherwise. Only faith would account for any kind of hope that you’d be trying to do the right thing in a non-inflammatory manner.

to do the right thing in a non-inflammatory manner
Kinda like the opposite of calling me out in a thread that I had nothing to do with prior?
Gotcha!

Flag Post

Kinda like the opposite of calling me out in a thread that I had nothing to do with prior?
Gotcha!

Considering there’s a link in that thread leading to this one for discussions and considering your prior history in a thread I create, doubtful you are doing what you are to be helpful. Although if you are, we will have to wait and see after 20 tournaments ranking since it would make no sense otherwise for your posts to be changed beyond what they are currently considering the topic of the other thread.

Flag Post

Gotcha!

Considering there’s a link in that thread leading to this one for discussions and considering your prior history in a thread I create, doubtful you are doing what you are to be helpful. Although if you are, we will have to wait and see after 20 tournaments ranking since it would make no sense otherwise for your posts to be changed beyond what they are currently considering the topic of the other thread.

What thread? Have we not been talking about this one? You called me out in this one for something done in another thread? Wow, that makes lots of sense.

regardless, since you are talking about another thread in this one and this is already getting out of hand, I did intend to help out as I do participate in PVP on an alt. Reason being to conserve AP in this account for pillars. Now then, anything else you’d like to discuss or are you done dragging my name through the mud in a thread I hadn’t even commented on prior?

Flag Post
are you done dragging my name through the mud in a thread I hadn’t even commented on prior?

It is difficult to drag one through the mud who voluntarily resides there.

Flag Post

What thread? Have we not been talking about this one? You called me out in this one for something done in another thread? Wow, that makes lots of sense.

regardless, since you are talking about another thread in this one and this is already getting out of hand, I did intend to help out as I do participate in PVP on an alt. Reason being to conserve AP in this account for pillars. Now then, anything else you’d like to discuss or are you done dragging my name through the mud in a thread I hadn’t even commented on prior?

nvil, you might want to consider that the first post to reference you in this thread stated it was talking about the other thread in which you have several removed posts. Although, I’m not sure what you could possibly contribute to the other thread since the OP seems to have it covered already. If you want to contribute, try doing it here, instead. It’s not that no one trusts you, but no one really seems to trust you.

Flag Post
are you done dragging my name through the mud in a thread I hadn’t even commented on prior?

Not sure how you can look down on someone when you’ve just lowered yourself to the same level that you complain about in others.

Originally posted by daexion:

nvil, you might want to consider that the first post to reference you in this thread stated it was talking about the other thread in which you have several removed posts. Although, I’m not sure what you could possibly contribute to the other thread since the OP seems to have it covered already. If you want to contribute, try doing it here, instead. It’s not that no one trusts you, but no one really seems to trust you.

There’s nothing in the second post to make anyone believe that he was referring to some OTHER thread and not this one. If kye had a problem with that thread then he should have said so in that thread. No need to bring it up in a DIFFERENT thread, but w/e.

Someone get a mod in here to delete all this crap except the first post

Flag Post

Not sure how you can look down on someone when you’ve just lowered yourself to the same level that you complain about in others.

Originally posted by daexion:

There’s nothing in the second post to make anyone believe that he was referring to some OTHER thread and not this one

Actually, logic and commonsense indicate he was as you had no posts in this thread and the OP in this thread has links to the thread that is to contain the Arena rankings. Sherlock would probably find it rather elementary to figure out.

As I did say, however, if you really want to be helpful, you might simply post your contributions here so the OP can post them in the ranking thread. In the future I suggest actually asking if your assistance is wanted before jumping in where you might not be wanted due to your reputation.

As for the other remark you made, stating someone resides where they reside reputationwise is simply stating a fact, not insulting you or lower themselves to your level as you claim. It’d be like saying a pig lives in a dirty pigsty and the pig claiming offense for someone stating the truth about where it lives.

Flag Post

<

Not sure how you can ad hominem my ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem.

Flag Post

Thank you Daexion for point out that context clues can lead to the conclusions that I was speaking about his posting in the other thread. I just think Nvil does this sort of thing for amusement because he is clearly smart enough to figure such for himself.

As for stating the problem within that thread with the ranking, that wouldn’t actually be a post about rankings itself. However I suppose that the post could always be changed to <reserved> after matters been settled and what not.

Now to talk about something actually arena. Nice to see a new face up in the top 5. Also, who are you in arena Nvillian1? Pretty sure it not the other Nvillian in the game. Would imagine it would be one of the names in the top 30 or so.

Flag Post

Thank you Daexion for point out that context clues can lead to the conclusions that I was speaking about his posting in the other thread. I just think Nvil does this sort of thing for amusement because he is clearly smart enough to figure such for himself.

As for stating the problem within that thread with the ranking, that wouldn’t actually be a post about rankings itself. However I suppose that the post could always be changed to <reserved> after matters been settled and what not.

Now to talk about something actually arena. Nice to see a new face up in the top 5. Also, who are you in arena Nvillian1? Pretty sure it not the other Nvillian in the game. Would imagine it would be one of the names in the top 30 or so.

no, it most certainly isn’t nvillian =) I’ve given up on that alt. I’ll leave my alt nameless for the time being seeing as how everyone tried to get me banned for having alts in the past regardless of the fact I never interact. As if no one else in the game has alts.

I’m currently sporting all blues. It’s really hard to play both aspects of the game without sacrificing from one or the other which is the biggest turn off about woh.

Team consists of 3 rogues, 3 zerkers, 2 assassin. Without more hero slots my choices do get limited and it is impossible to build at a decent rate.

As for my friend Afakaz:

Flag Post

no, it most certainly isn’t nvillian =) I’ve given up on that alt. I’ll leave my alt nameless for the time being seeing as how everyone tried to get me banned for having alts in the past regardless of the fact I never interact. As if no one else in the game has alts.

I’m currently sporting all blues. It’s really hard to play both aspects of the game without sacrificing from one or the other which is the biggest turn off about woh.

Team consists of 3 rogues, 3 zerkers, 2 assassin. Without more hero slots my choices do get limited and it is impossible to build at a decent rate.

No offense, but that’s somewhat understandable. Though I think it’s more of spite towards your attitude that occurs often in forums. However you’re abiding by the rules so such act are wrongfully prejustictified, or prehaps more accurately people expecting you do wrong therefore they watch carefully in hopes to catch you in the wrong so they can state such. But stepping away from that topic with a simple statement: Haters gonna hate.

As for your alts deck and the hardline fact of WoH content (with exception of WoH raids), I have to argee with you. Although for the most part people simply visit for chance of chest and the pirate battles and large sum of exp (if you’re doing it right) is a bonus, lately (maybe it is just me) I’ve been noticing a notable decrease in the amount of chests appearing from visits.

I’ve also notice a large decrease on my resources (which a no shit sort of conclusions) with more ap going into visits and my decrease range of war targets. While hostiles targets are still better than nothing, I was not managing my ap well enough for the sudden drop in daily resource income.

Anyways, your alt deck seem like it is of to a solid start. Although if you don’t mind me suggesting, Blue serker just aren’t worth it. Better to be using blue fighters if you’re trying to keep the deck as a solid rush… Paladins and guardians probably would not make a good addition to the deck build til you get more hero slots.

Also the rate of revamping heros to cater to Arena is very slow unless you have the income to purchase level 4 and level 3 hero cards that pop up in arena. It’s also part of the reasons I been nagging at the issue that changes should be made in the system, though it plays such a minor role in my opinion that I didn’t find it worth mentioning on the original thread of the topic.

Anyhow. I’m not sure of how much help you would find of this or if you already have enlisted the help of a galaxy member to accelerate your alt progress, but feel free to add me to your alt’s friend list and ask for reinforcements for storyline to get to 4th and 5th planet quickly. I’m doubtful your alt has the army potential to get 6th planet unless you did a fairly even com/war set up, something not easily managed with blue heros and still maintain a strong defense against people that may attempt farming.

Flag Post

Haters gonna hate.
true true

As for your alts deck and the hardline fact of WoH content (with exception of WoH raids), I have to argee with you. Although for the most part people simply visit for chance of chest and the pirate battles and large sum of exp (if you’re doing it right) is a bonus, lately (maybe it is just me) I’ve been noticing a notable decrease in the amount of chests appearing from visits.

That’s all you really can do. You can pvp some but that doesn’t really benefit you greatly. The only benefit the main game has to woh is having a greater tavern to help populate purple hero’s faster. Also, the chests were reduced before the holiday event, if my timeline isn’t mistaken. One of the patch notes said that the chances were way too high, 3x times, and had been reduced to 2x or something. I remember reading it from PM and feeling annoyed that I missed out.

Anyways, your alt deck seem like it is of to a solid start. Although if you don’t mind me suggesting, Blue serker just aren’t worth it. Better to be using blue fighters if you’re trying to keep the deck as a solid rush… Paladins and guardians probably would not make a good addition to the deck build til you get more hero slots.

Thank you for the input. Actually I came to the same conclusion about the zerker as well. I’m not keeping them by choice but merely because they are the only blue hero’s I have found that fit =) My focus has been to get anything with a jet pack, except jester. If I had more slots I’d love jesters and paladins but I’m not dumping gold on it and considering my lack of general play I wont be joining any raiding galaxies anytime soon.

Anyhow. I’m not sure of how much help you would find of this or if you already have enlisted the help of a galaxy member to accelerate your alt progress, but feel free to add me to your alt’s friend list and ask for reinforcements for storyline to get to 4th and 5th planet quickly. I’m doubtful your alt has the army potential to get 6th planet unless you did a fairly even com/war set up, something not easily managed with blue heros and still maintain a strong defense against people that may attempt farming.

Appreciate the offer. I actually haven’t put any points into their stats yet as I haven’t yet determined what would be more beneficial. If I go heavy com I can do war missions well but will get slaughtered in pvp’s thus little source of resources to build on any planet. If I go higher war I’d easily get the resources I need but I’d ultimately stop at planet 4 as planet 5 is unobtainable without 125m army and dual RF reinforcements. So yea, I am rather disgusted that to play either of the aspects of this game well you must massively sacrifice one for the other.

Flag Post

Appreciate the offer. I actually haven’t put any points into their stats yet as I haven’t yet determined what would be more beneficial. If I go heavy com I can do war missions well but will get slaughtered in pvp’s thus little source of resources to build on any planet. If I go higher war I’d easily get the resources I need but I’d ultimately stop at planet 4 as planet 5 is unobtainable without 125m army and dual RF reinforcements. So yea, I am rather disgusted that to play either of the aspects of this game well you must massively sacrifice one for the other.

If you are strong from playing for a long time, You can be both without donating either.

Flag Post

Would you like this thread sanitized? If so, send me a PM.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I never touched your previous post so apparently, I’m not the only mod who thinks this way. :)

Originally posted by nvillian1:removed

Since your aforementioned post is an explicit threat of intentional flooding, reported. :)