Forums Time World

Glitched battles?

15 posts

Flag Post

Earlier i was having trouble with connecting "It seems to be taking a long time to connect to our game server. Please make sure port 6100 is not blocked by your firewall and refresh the page if needed.

i keep getting the error above ^^ ive opened all my ports refreshed multiple times, and cleared my cache and cookies and it still wont let me in.. any ideas what i can do to make it work?"

then apparantly when i was unable to connect a few people attacked me, and i had no defense up or anything.. when i had ships setup and stuff prior to me having connection issues. checking my battle reports i come across 2 battles in which i had no ships equipped and lost my reserved MFs due to my max ship assignment being below 30%. when i know for a fact it wasnt before the connection issues occured.. i have screenshots to show

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

i opened my own thread becase i was having these issues earleir and were happening and here we are more than 12 hours later not a single reponse.. so thanks nvillian but no thanks

Flag Post

If you didn’t un-assign your ships, then someone else did it for you. You probably want to make sure no one else has your Kongregate password and log off from Kongregate when you leave a shared computer.

Flag Post

no-one has my password and my computer is a personal computer for personal use only.. all this started from when a had that port 6100 error, according to my galaxy mates they said that in chat it kept showing me logging out but never logging in.. and i never unassign my ships as that personally is the most stupid thing anyone could ever do.

Flag Post

Even it’s personally computer, it’s possible to be tempered by siblings or roommates as a prank since we have received similar reports before. If you are absolutely sure no one can access your computer, then I suggest you change your Kongregate password as someone may have hacked it and used it to access your account.

Flag Post

his account is chatting aswell on the picks he posted…

Flag Post
Originally posted by astralmagic:

his account is chatting aswell on the picks he posted…

He was looking at battle reports that happened while he wasn’t logged on (because of this issue). Therefore, the chatting doesn’t disprove/prove anything.

Flag Post

A galaxymate of mine also had something very similar happen to him yesterday – he logged on all his ships were gone when he had built before logging off. Guy is super active – and this is too much of a coincident.

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

A galaxymate of mine also had something very similar happen to him yesterday – he logged on all his ships were gone when he had built before logging off. Guy is super active – and this is too much of a coincident.

I don’t think it has anything to do with how active someone is but rather how secure their kongregate account is. If your galaxymate never shares his acccount/login or computer, then it’s possible someone is intentionally hacking TW player’s kongregate password to mess with their accounts. I recommend everyone to use a more secure and longer Kongregate password if this is the case, especially if you gave it to someone else before (which you should never do).

Flag Post

It should be very easy for you to track this if its true PM, Look at the IP address that has been logging on to those accounts. If they are all the same IP address that he normally logs on then there is no hacker and there might be a bug. Would also be good to check with them to see if they log-in on through different computers or not

Flag Post
Originally posted by averycardoza:

It should be very easy for you to track this if its true PM, Look at the IP address that has been logging on to those accounts. If they are all the same IP address that he normally logs on then there is no hacker and there might be a bug. Would also be good to check with them to see if they log-in on through different computers or not

That’s not true, if he can hack kong accounts, he will know to use proxy servers to cover his tracks.

Flag Post

One would assume, But in todays day and age common sense is near extinct.

Not to mention if he is actually hacking whole kong accounts then Kong would defiantly be looking into this to catch the hacker(or should be), Where-as if its just some person who acquired a few passwords or a friends grudge, etc. Then it would be easy to figure out.

Flag Post

Just to add to adufield’s story, i was online when this problem occured and adufield had about 8 logouts in a row, with no logins, in the chatlog. I can’t say i have ever seen this in all my time here. Don’t know if this changes anything, playmage, but figured i’d post it just in case.

Flag Post

Hi.
Your account probably logged in according to the server, while failing according to the flash client. You were probably wiped of your ships while logged out, and as you logged in according to TW servers, stuff were updated and you got <20% ship assignments. As you saw yourself fail to login (even if server did say it was successful), this can seem as a glitch, but it should really just have been a connection issue.