Forums Time World

Galaxy Merger Abuse page 2

36 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

Oh right, a galaxy recruiting the best players they can and abusing the galaxy merging system, almost the same thing, …. right.
Whatever … if that helps you rationalize your vice’s actions, good for you.

Read my bottom paragraph please.

Some elaboration: I’m just saying that every single one of your points employs the rationality of what’s best for only you and that perceived injustices are the result of entitlement and selfishness. Sure, abz might be selfish but he isn’t advocating for you all to be banned which is why this is uniquely an issue that must be dealt with.

Oh and again, get this into your head, take some notes, I AM NOT SAYING ABZ’S ACTIONS ARE GOOD, I AM MERELY SAYING THAT A BAN IS UNWARRANTED. I don’t understand why this concept is so hard for you, I put it in all caps.

 
Flag Post

I agree with Waraxe, a ban is not merited and in this instance the only thing warranted would be a warning to not do it again while the publisher works on patching this.
Banning sucks, and if you’ve ever been banned from a game you will understand that banning is not a real option.
True there were 71 players from 12 galaxies that lost out from what happened (only 1 from 911 attacked)… but really, I learned my lesson about wasting gold for speed-ups… and if I was 4th in damage and spent 10ap and maybe lost <50MS (didn’t count)… why are people still complaining?
A few ap and a few ships… are people actually requesting a player get perm-banned over that? That is selfish plain and simple.

 
Flag Post

I agree with Waraxe. No ban is warranted. In order to ban someone, you must be able to point to a written, established rule that was violated. If there is a rule that says “Doing X will get you banned,” and then a player commits X, then it’s cut and dry. Anything else is bad form.

 
Flag Post

I thought it was Hilariously Funny, so much so that i bust into tears.

Problem is fixed. Good Job PM

I suggest/request that you prevent galaxy without password being able to merge into or out to. So people could not hijack random galaxy.

To the ppl who wrote or will write long ass post, i don’t like looking at wall of crap. Get to the point dammit.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Neokryton:

I thought it was Hilariously Funny, so much so that i bust into tears.

Problem is fixed. Good Job PM

I suggest/request that you prevent galaxy without password being able to merge into or out to. So people could not hijack random galaxy.

To the ppl who wrote or will write long ass post, i don’t like looking at wall of crap. Get to the point dammit.

But long posts are so fun to write, especially when you make the other sucker read through it D:.

 
Flag Post

guess you read this waraxe :) but seems g12 have some issues with rules from day 1?? :)

Nov 29, 2011 5:35am
playmage

You should not play alternate accounts unless you can play the completely separately with zero interactions between the account. Eg, not being same GALAXY, not spying/attacking same targets, no reinforcements, no sharing of any information. If you get reported by another player for taking advantage of second accounts, one or both accounts maybe suspended.

warax holding g12 for abz nothing too see here ;) hahahaha waraxe

Originally posted by waraxe:
Originally posted by Atomslaya:

Oh right, a galaxy recruiting the best players they can and abusing the galaxy merging system, almost the same thing, …. right.
Whatever … if that helps you rationalize your vice’s actions, good for you.

Read my bottom paragraph please.

Some elaboration: I’m just saying that every single one of your points employs the rationality of what’s best for only you and that perceived injustices are the result of entitlement and selfishness. Sure, abz might be selfish but he isn’t advocating for you all to be banned which is why this is uniquely an issue that must be dealt with.

Oh and again, get this into your head, take some notes, I AM NOT SAYING ABZ’S ACTIONS ARE GOOD, I AM MERELY SAYING THAT A BAN IS UNWARRANTED. I don’t understand why this concept is so hard for you, I put it in all caps.

if needed i can do all caps for you :)

 
Flag Post

i dont agre with waraxe on much but i DONT WANT ABZ BAN!!!
i want pm too pay those that lost gold :) and pm had 24hr too fix but didnt care as told in mail to atleast 1 complaining on first time! so 2nd was pissing me off couse PM clearly only bother when he lose imageneary gold! that is my point with it all!
and ye i was pissed on abz still is a little… but it`s a game and if pm just cared a bit abz hadnt done this well my thoughts!

abz is why? do you like pm so much you want him too get free gold from us :S do you just hate all tw players? or why? :/

Originally posted by jab1432:

I agree with Waraxe, a ban is not merited and in this instance the only thing warranted would be a warning to not do it again while the publisher works on patching this.
Banning sucks, and if you’ve ever been banned from a game you will understand that banning is not a real option.
True there were 71 players from 12 galaxies that lost out from what happened (only 1 from 911 attacked)… but really, I learned my lesson about wasting gold for speed-ups… and if I was 4th in damage and spent 10ap and maybe lost <50MS (didn’t count)… why are people still complaining?
A few ap and a few ships… are people actually requesting a player get perm-banned over that? That is selfish plain and simple.

 
Flag Post

Actually abz’s alt held G12 for me, and then we later removed it when he joined. We tried to make sure rules were followed. I am for giving people what they lost though.

 
Flag Post

Those who spent gold directly for the pillar (such as time cards to rebuild ships at AP refills) and contacted me about it (and have been verified those purchases are solely for that pillar) have already been credit for the gold spent directly for the lost pillar.

abz329 has also been warned/informed that he must stop playing warax account unless he can mentally prevent “sharing of information” and truly play as if one account has no knowledge of the other one. In this particular case, the fact he did not attack the lost pillar himself can be construed as “sharing of information” between the alts.

Just to make it clear – intentionally (repetitively) taking advantage game design weakness is strongly frowned upon on, regardless whether it’s to take gains or disadvantage other players. No players should intentionally do so, because there is a gray area between design issues and game bugs, and such action falling in the gray area can easily be construed as exploiting (thus subjected to banning).

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

Those who spent gold directly for the pillar (such as time cards to rebuild ships at AP refills) and contacted me about it (and have been verified those purchases are solely for that pillar) have already been credit for the gold spent directly for the lost pillar.

abz329 has also been warned/informed that he must stop playing warax account unless he can mentally prevent “sharing of information” and truly play as if one account has no knowledge of the other one. In this particular case, the fact he did not attack the lost pillar himself can be construed as “sharing of information” between the alts.

Just to make it clear – intentionally (repetitively) taking advantage game design weakness is strongly frowned upon on, regardless whether it’s to take gains or disadvantage other players. No players should intentionally do so, because there is a gray area between design issues and game bugs, and such action falling in the gray area can easily be construed as exploiting (thus subjected to banning).

+1 :D

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by playmage:

Those who spent gold directly for the pillar (such as time cards to rebuild ships at AP refills) and contacted me about it (and have been verified those purchases are solely for that pillar) have already been credit for the gold spent directly for the lost pillar.

To give props to playmage, one time I made a coupons purchase of a special item and the price changed (lowered). I talked to him via a whisper about the price change and he refunded me the coupon difference. He does make things right where in-game purchases are concerned, so thank you PM.