Forums Time World

Some follow up on the most recent patch

24 posts

Flag Post

I don’t think the feedback thread is necessarily sufficient enough and I’ll just preemptively answer that right here, it’s that I believe there should be restrictions, some guarantees but with better restrictions.

The fact is huge golders have already spent loads to get skills up and the difficulty keeps things in check. In Dirtyer’s thread, rangerone expresses some degree of concern I have with the patch: “Well, the way I see it is, there will be an outburst of golders at first getting these lvl 10 skills before many will realize everyone has them! and I mean EVERYONE =P Then the game will die. So is PM going for one last income bang?”. The difficulty before would have pushed it back for a much longer time but things are going to get faster. For golders.

Now to give some input on the post since the thread was closed:

“The change isn’t really doesn’t have huge impact and really only helps when someone is running into bad luck. Mathematically it reduces average required amount of books across all upgrades by about only 1/3.”

Yes, except now the barrier of gambling is reduced and makes it more likely for skills to jump.

“While it might allow non-golders to average a slightly higher on skills, it will still take years before getting enough books from spinner/coupons to upgrade all hero skills to lv10. "

Are we acknowledging right now that level 10 skills are normal? Really?

Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept of the recent patch, I really like the reduction of gambling but I think it’s too hastily done and might make this game dull with heavy proliferation of skills. I would’ve rather seen some mechanism of gradually improving odds in a slower fashion to an eventual guarantee rather than this just to keep things in line.

Flag Post

I don’t think everyone will get level 10 skills now, but more will try. Right now takes 33 fails before 100% success rate granted on upgrading a level 6 skill to level 7. So that is 264 gold worth spent on failures before 100% success is granted just to get from level 6 to level 7. So still will take a lot of gold to get to level 10 which is out of reach of many players. I once spent 600 gold on upgrade books to upgrade a level 6 skill and failed every time. Something like this should have been implemented long ago – and we’ve all been asking for it. I think this update in the long run will help non golders who previously had next 0 chance of getting max skills, and may help increase player pool.

I’d also like to see more social changes made like Universe Pillar all can hit etc. Such an item could draw many more players into this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by claytonde:

I don’t think everyone will get level 10 skills now, but more will try. Right now takes 33 fails before 100% success rate granted on upgrading a level 6 skill to level 7. So that is 264 gold worth spent on failures before 100% success is granted just to get from level 6 to level 7. So still will take a lot of gold to get to level 10 which is out of reach of many players. I once spent 600 gold on upgrade books to upgrade a level 6 skill and failed every time. Something like this should have been implemented long ago – and we’ve all been asking for it. I think this update in the long run will help non golders who previously had next 0 chance of getting max skills, and may help increase player pool.

I’d also like to see more social changes made like Universe Pillar all can hit etc. Such an item could draw many more players into this game.

Well yeah, the problem is those bulk golders get much more mileage than before due to the guarantee. All bad luck sprees are kept in check while good luck is still rewarded. I still think that they should be capped in terms of guarantee and that anyone who wants to go really far has to face off with risk.

The point is with growing gaps comes distanced players, these are the types of issues I’m most concerned about which is why I support attempts to help grow the game.

Flag Post

Approx. $25 bucks if bad luck upgrading a level 6 to level 7 is still a lot of money. And it only goes up with each skill. It is 50 fails on a level 7 skill before it upgrades to level 8. That is 400 gold and nearly 40 bucks. It is about time if someone spends big money they are guaranteed to get something. After all these are the people who support the game.

Flag Post

I have to agree with waraxe, bad lucks are kept in check while good luck is still rewarded. This will be the game killer. Not right now, but eventually. When golders no longer have an advantage, they will leave. It is smart for PM to hold off on doing the same for gems. While $25 is a lot for some, its nothing for others. I’ve know people who used over 400 books to upgrade 1 lvl of skills. These same ppl will have lvl 10 skills all across the board within a day or 2. With absolutely no luck its takes 400g (50books) to upgrade one 2% chance skill. To the golders, especially those who have already been trying for lvl 10 skills, it is cake. Then again, I may be wrong, as these golders who spent so much to reach lvl 10 skills must be fuming right now that they spent so much.

While it seems like it benefits free players. What it will do is widen the gap between golders and non golders 1st. Then maybe in the future non golders will catch up eventuallly. Maybe.

Flag Post

I’m a non golder i have got 70 gold once through offers but i used that on changing heroes stats from 15 8 5 4 to 15 8 5 4 3 times and after that i decided not to get gold again.
But now updates like this make me want to actually buy gold because i can be guranteed something upgraded.
After 113 upgrades a skill will defintely go from 1 – 7.
All i’m waiting to get now is a perfect hero 8 16 8 8 C/W/B/T.

Also if your a golder why complain now even you will get a definte chance and if you work it out it can still take 263 books to get to lvl 10 and theres 8 skills with 5 heroes (263*8*5)
Now be serious whos going to get 10520 upgrade books ….. that would take nearly 29 years if you got 1 upgrade book a day so being a non golder is still gonna suck!

Flag Post

10520 is calculating with 0% success rate and soley depending on new failsafe…… which would have to be the unluckiest person ever. And there should be a power difference between golders and non-golders – because golders are paying. At least now if you pay – you are guaranteed to get more power.

Flag Post

The point is it’s still going to suck for non-golders, golders were limited more by bad luck overall than non-golders. Of course golders should be stronger, but how far should one’s wallet carry them is the real question.

Flag Post

I guess I’m failing to understand how BIG golders will be happy with each other running around with lvl 10 skills across the board. I am also failing to see how non golders will be happy after they see the gap between them and golders (I’m assuming many non golders don’t see this yet; they are just happy they have better chances when in reality, they will get chopped up even more).

What I DO see is this greatly benefits the casual golder. The people that spend 20-50 bucks and looking to advance with that $. Whereas before, $20-$50 may get you nothing, it will get you at least 1-2 lvls of higher lvl skills now.

This safety net is a double edge sword.

Flag Post

Gentlemen, can’t you see that PM is just preparing us for the inevitable 7th planet boss with his army of t7 ships with Multi/Dodge/Repair level 10? Oh and by then max skill level’s gonna be 15. Obviously.

Oh, and if someone is willing to spend thousands on this game to upgrade to a full set of level 10, I don’t think it makes much of a difference to them whether its 2 thousand or 3 thousand. But hey, now there’s an excuse to buy gold!

Flag Post

Basic game mechanics should allow EVERYONE to max out EVERYTHING. Golders should accept the fact that paying just allows your to max out faster. If the devs want to make some money and golders want an edge, introduce some special item/skill like ‘Stun: 16% chance to stun 10% of enemy fleet’ or ‘Orange Bouncy sword of Whoop arse +3’ that you can only obtain by paying.

I repeat, paying should allow you to progress faster and hold a slight edge but should not be a barrier to maxing out the game’s potential.

Flag Post

Maxing out is a problem when you have ceilings, and there should be some barriers in place but while there should be mechanisms to ensure value, we should also be careful for heavy proliferation of these maxed out players. Basic game mechanics are still designed in such a way that I’ll probably die before any free player who doesn’t spend any gold maxes out.

It depends really what you see the game’s potential as and I think some unique features could be thought of to keep the game interesting without this idea of an end state.

Flag Post

Its Obvious, their solution to this is raise the Cap to Lvl Y. Guarentee the Lvl X. Cycle. Same as all future expansion. Some guess for Future WoH Raid gear would be % increase on Accuracy/speed/dodge/etc. Really, I have no expectation what so ever on this game anymore. Ill be surprise, if they actually bring out any innovative.

Flag Post

Very few Browser-based games will last forever. This is a legit business. I’ve spent over a thousand dollars mainly in upgrade books. If this had been like this since the beginning, things would be different now. So I am a golder but I’m not spending any more cash on this game because I’ve already spent too much. If this were retroactive, then I might think about putting some more cash, but I don’t see that happening. That being said, I will say what I came to say in the first place:

Online videogames is, at the end of the day, a battle of money. It depends on how much real money do you make. Rich people or at least wealthy people will always beat the regular guys. They have been doing it since this game started, regardless of the success guarantee. Now, those with the money and the will to do it, will upgrade their skills to level 10. If I made a lot or money, I would probably do it next weekend. Since I don’t, I don’t see that happening in my future.

Again. I don’t see a problem with this patch. The problem is for the people who can’t or just don’t want to put real money in the game. The secret to success in games like these, is very simple, but not easily achievable: “Get rich in real life”. You will beat everyone and be on the same level of other wealthy guys. Then, when everyone has level 10 skills, and decent gears, the game will change from “Who has more money” to “Who has the best strategy”.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

“Then, when everyone has level 10 skills, and decent gears, the game will change from “Who has more money” to “Who has the best strategy”.

what is this strategy you speak of? MF soak targets/damages. Get faster speed to attack first, via tier/speed skill/device/higher stack of ships. Pray that you get LUCKY. LUCKY! TRolololol

Flag Post

Maybe PM should add some layers of complexity to encourage cooler ship set ups instead of the standard MS/Fighters/MF.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IKEONI:

“Then, when everyone has level 10 skills, and decent gears, the game will change from “Who has more money” to “Who has the best strategy”.

what is this strategy you speak of? MF soak targets/damages. Get faster speed to attack first, via tier/speed skill/device/higher stack of ships. Pray that you get LUCKY. LUCKY! TRolololol

Well, there isn’t a lot of it, but believe it or not, there’s strategy in this game. There are 6 types of ships. And there are four elements. Biochem, Laser, Carrot, Missile. I can run Tier IV and my MF tanking most of the damage against a person who uses Tier V. Even if that person has level 10 speed. I will attack first. That saves me spending gold on speed or leveling that skill. On top of that, if I run a different element than my original one, let’s say… carrot. If the other guys doesn’t have carrot defense, I will pierce his soul like butter. Those are just a few things. Luck, of course, plays a very important role too. Of course there is strategy here.

Flag Post
Increased daily spinner item odds (not credits/energy/ore) from 10% to “15% + 1% for each 10 days of consecutive login, capped at 40%”

Are you goddamn kidding me? On the very day I break my 400+ day login streak, there’s finally a bone thrown…

Flag Post
Originally posted by swcooper:
Increased daily spinner item odds (not credits/energy/ore) from 10% to “15% + 1% for each 10 days of consecutive login, capped at 40%”

Are you goddamn kidding me? On the very day I break my 400+ day login streak, there’s finally a bone thrown…

Nothing is retroactive either. My entire streak got messed up as well at one point prior, a bit disappointing.

Flag Post

my streak got messed up when i was suspended >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by Vidkid88:

my streak got messed up when i was suspended >.>

My streak still good! Silly Mu missing their streak.